Remember me
▼ Content

Nebraska, flood waters rising, at an alarming rate...

Nebraska, flood waters rising, at an alarming rate...20-03-2019 04:24
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5192)
Surprisingly, I haven't seen or heard any news stories, linking the historic flooding to man-made CO2, like they do to most natural disasters these days.

I don't doubt that the weather played a major role, but kind of wonder about their storm water management. One disturbing practice I've been noticing over the past few years, is that many places make practice of loading snow accumulation from the roads, into big trucks, and transport to the nearest river, and dump it in. Any wonder why the rivers can't handle the volume or rise so quickly. Aren't we concerned about the environment and ecosystem? It's not just snow, they scrape up oils and chemical off the roads, many place dump a lot salt on roads as well. Makes me wonder how much of the flooding we've seen last couple of years were entirely natural, or mostly man-made, and not in the CO2 fictional way. I know locally, flooding can be a problem, and you can tell when they are slow on storm water maintenance. You'd think most places would see what happens to other areas, and decide to step up their storm water maintenance, so they aren't next. Guess it's really a non-issue, since it's a rare problem, and spending all that money every year, is sort of a waste, besides, plenty of federal disaster relief money available, if it does happen. Most people have property insurance, if they are concerned about losing everything they own.
20-03-2019 04:33
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14366)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Surprisingly, I haven't seen or heard any news stories, linking the historic flooding to man-made CO2, like they do to most natural disasters these days.

Maybe it's because Global Warming is on hiatus, or Climate is on a sabbatical or something.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
22-03-2019 17:43
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5192)
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/floods-expose-threat-to-military-posed-by-climate-change/933000024

Took a few days, but I knew they would spin the flooding into a Climate Change story...

The flooding was do to the record breaking (1916) snowfall this winter. Flooding, worst in a decade. Doesn't really seem like a trend, more like we've been lucky, and they should have spent some money preparing for it. Since they already knew about flooding, and have done some work, it was just barely what was needed to keep up with the usually weather. But they knew they had worst times in the past, and logically should of anticipated, it would happen eventually. Then, there was the IPCC's constant prophecies, though not founded on reality, still should have been a reminder to upgrade.

Rivers carry more than water, and a lot of that other stuff tends to settle, where the rivers have calmer waters. Rivers tend to get wider in some areas, can't always go deeper, naturally. The also change course. People who own property along rivers don't like that, since they lose property. Rivers a great places to dump truckloads of snow, scraped off roads and parking lots, but they don't flow much faster, water levels rise to the edge of the banks. The run off from the melting snow has no where to go. Basically, people don't want to make any changes, or pay the money to do maintenance. They know that federal money will come, if something bad does eventually happen. I'd prefer not to lose everything I own, and have to start out fresh, but I guess the majority of people want shiny new stuff, free.
22-03-2019 18:48
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14366)
HarveyH55 wrote: Took a few days, but I knew they would spin the flooding into a Climate Change story...

The flooding was do to the record breaking (1916) snowfall this winter. Flooding, worst in a decade. Doesn't really seem like a trend, more like we've been lucky, and they should have spent some money preparing for it.

Excellent point! Thank you for pointing out my oversight.

Weather Trend: noun
The belief among Climate Scientists that because Climate has assumed the role of central planner and administrator for all weather, climates, ecosystems and nature on earth that weather is no longer a random event and can therefore have trends. Otherwise there can be no trends in random events, e.g. weather, because the quality of being random precludes causal relationships required for trends.

... to be cross-posted to Word Smithy

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Join the debate Nebraska, flood waters rising, at an alarming rate...:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Book your bargain rate Israeli Tel Aviv or Jerusalem vacation now, free 4th of July style fireworks inclu118-10-2023 05:25
The Lake Mead water level is still rising in August, when it is ALWAYS falling. So snow melt is not the 15516-09-2023 13:46
Methane big part of 'alarming' rise in planet-warming gases106-04-2023 21:46
Drought/flood relief...2624-11-2022 21:04
The Great Flood: The Sequel2730-06-2022 22:09
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact