Remember me
▼ Content

National Parks

National Parks01-01-2019 01:22
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-parks-dealing-with-vandals-human-waste-in-shutdown/896994058

Thought this was an unusually well written news story, kind of rare these days. Really thought it disgusting that folks visiting the parks, could be so nasty and disrespectful. Who goes to a forest, to throw garbage around? Is this how they behave at home? The last part of the story, where businesses and community come together, and do some of the government work was great, and actually a good idea as well. Those business profit, by importing these sloppy tourists, and should take some responsibility for the mess and mayhem. Really should be stiffer penalties for people that refuse to use trashcans in public places. Don't think most are sloppy like that at home, they know better, a willful act.
01-01-2019 02:11
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-parks-dealing-with-vandals-human-waste-in-shutdown/896994058

Thought this was an unusually well written news story, kind of rare these days. Really thought it disgusting that folks visiting the parks, could be so nasty and disrespectful.

There are some people that are real slobs. Much of this damage is also from the homeless.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Who goes to a forest, to throw garbage around? Is this how they behave at home?

Yes, it is. For many, they also don't HAVE a home. They are homeless. There are people that live like this in their homes too. Apartment manages have to deal with this sort of thing all the time after someone leaves and they go in to prepare the unit for the next renter.
HarveyH55 wrote:
The last part of the story, where businesses and community come together, and do some of the government work was great, and actually a good idea as well. Those business profit, by importing these sloppy tourists, and should take some responsibility for the mess and mayhem. Really should be stiffer penalties for people that refuse to use trashcans in public places. Don't think most are sloppy like that at home, they know better, a willful act.

Yup. It's a willful act. Fortunately, most aren't that sloppy at home. It only takes a few to really ruin a park though.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-01-2019 02:37
(5195)
Tourism is Florida's biggest industry, and we get a lot of those slobs too, kind of rude too. Sort of like being on vacation, elevates them to royalty, and everyone is there to serve them, cleanup after them. Really think people who toss trash, should get mandatory community service(litter patrol), in the same areas where the live. They get the message through shame, and the people the know and work with, get to share that. But mostly, they pay there debt, by example, since most people don't want to be out there for all to see, wearing a bright orange vest, nor do they want their family and friends to be out there either.
01-01-2019 20:20
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Thought this was an unusually well written news story, kind of rare these days. Really thought it disgusting that folks visiting the parks, could be so nasty and disrespectful. Who goes to a forest, to throw garbage around? Is this how they behave at home? The last part of the story, where businesses and community come together, and do some of the government work was great, and actually a good idea as well. Those business profit, by importing these sloppy tourists, and should take some responsibility for the mess and mayhem. Really should be stiffer penalties for people that refuse to use trashcans in public places. Don't think most are sloppy like that at home, they know better, a willful act.

This is a demonstration of the sort of people that exist in the USA today. When a kid I used to traipse through the salt marsh along the San Francisco bay. Most of these are now gone as they filled them in and built housing or freeways over them.

I left nothing other than footprints. And I generally tried to leave as few of those as possible because other people might think that it was a pathway and try to follow you. If you took one wrong step in the marsh you could be in loose sticky mud up to your crotch.

Today people think that someone else should clean up after them. There is a shoreline trail now and it is almost covered along the edges with all sorts of refuse from paper to plastic soda bottles and even old car tires.

One of the local schools held a "health of the bay" day and all of the kids showed up and picked up all of the trash and perhaps three miles of shoreline looked pretty good. A month later you'd never know it had been done.

There is a road not often used up in the hills that I climb on my bike. It was a bloody mess with bottles and cans and paper. I drove up there with garbage bags and clean that 2 miles of road up and placed the bags along with the local resident's garbage. It was picked up and removed. Two weeks later not only couldn't you tell it had been done but there was the same trash in exactly the same locations - plastic soda bottles just where they had been and broken whiskey bottles as well.

Back in 2009 I had a very bad concussion and for two years didn't hardly know who I was. Apparently I had drank too much at a restaurant, I only drink wine so it must have been at prodding.

In any case I had a seizure at a police stop. I actually remember the start of that seizure but they end up with a complete blackout. I by-passed the police stop and when they finally caught up with me I was passed the seizure and so knew more or less what I was doing and pulled over. I was legally drunk and thrown in jail overnight. I was given a court date but I had NO memory during that time and so missed it. After I was properly treated the first thing I did was go down to the police station and ask if I had any outstanding warrants. Nope. But I did have and didn't find out for several months. I went to court with a doctors note saying that I had no memory during that time so the felony was reduced to a misdemeanor and I was given a week of public service which turned out to be cleaning one of the local parks.

I don't do anything half-assed and so even the Ranger in charge was dismayed that I was even picking up the glitter that Hispanics use for children's birthday parties. There were 8 or 10 of us there and anywhere I went the place was an utter mess. I couldn't figure out how I could be one of a group and still be finding things like McDonald's bags all over the place. Finally I worked my way around to the back of the park and here were the rest of them sitting at a park table passing a joint around.

So I continued until there wasn't a spot in the park and then started using wheel barrows full of wood chips to line the hedges around the park buildings. The ranger got so upset that he gave me the rest of the last day off and then had to make all of the rest of them finish what I had started. That place looked great until the next Hispanic holiday. And I say Hispanic because they're the only one's that use the parks for anything other than the tennis courts anymore.
01-01-2019 21:43
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tourism is Florida's biggest industry, and we get a lot of those slobs too, kind of rude too. Sort of like being on vacation, elevates them to royalty, and everyone is there to serve them, cleanup after them. Really think people who toss trash, should get mandatory community service(litter patrol), in the same areas where the live. They get the message through shame, and the people the know and work with, get to share that. But mostly, they pay there debt, by example, since most people don't want to be out there for all to see, wearing a bright orange vest, nor do they want their family and friends to be out there either.

Unfortunately, many of them are tourists. It's also hard to tell who left the trash within a crowd on a beach (or anywhere!).

Some States do punish those they catch this way, but the effort to patrol every square foot of Florida (or any State) to catch someone littering is more than any State patrol, combined with sheriffs and county cops, can sensibly man. Besides, many of them are busy on more important stuff, such as murders, assaults, property damage, thefts, trying to catch the next Florida Man incident, etc.

In places like Walt Disney world, they have an army of people each night to clean up the park from the slobs. They won't even walk 30 ft to the nearest garbage can.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-01-2019 21:49
(21559)
Wake wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

This is a demonstration of the sort of people that exist in the USA today. When a kid I used to traipse through the salt marsh along the San Francisco bay. Most of these are now gone as they filled them in and built housing or freeways over them.

I left nothing other than footprints. And I generally tried to leave as few of those as possible because other people might think that it was a pathway and try to follow you. If you took one wrong step in the marsh you could be in loose sticky mud up to your crotch.

Today people think that someone else should clean up after them. There is a shoreline trail now and it is almost covered along the edges with all sorts of refuse from paper to plastic soda bottles and even old car tires.

One of the local schools held a "health of the bay" day and all of the kids showed up and picked up all of the trash and perhaps three miles of shoreline looked pretty good. A month later you'd never know it had been done.

There is a road not often used up in the hills that I climb on my bike. It was a bloody mess with bottles and cans and paper. I drove up there with garbage bags and clean that 2 miles of road up and placed the bags along with the local resident's garbage. It was picked up and removed. Two weeks later not only couldn't you tell it had been done but there was the same trash in exactly the same locations - plastic soda bottles just where they had been and broken whiskey bottles as well.

Back in 2009 I had a very bad concussion and for two years didn't hardly know who I was. Apparently I had drank too much at a restaurant, I only drink wine so it must have been at prodding.

In any case I had a seizure at a police stop. I actually remember the start of that seizure but they end up with a complete blackout. I by-passed the police stop and when they finally caught up with me I was passed the seizure and so knew more or less what I was doing and pulled over. I was legally drunk and thrown in jail overnight. I was given a court date but I had NO memory during that time and so missed it. After I was properly treated the first thing I did was go down to the police station and ask if I had any outstanding warrants. Nope. But I did have and didn't find out for several months. I went to court with a doctors note saying that I had no memory during that time so the felony was reduced to a misdemeanor and I was given a week of public service which turned out to be cleaning one of the local parks.

I don't do anything half-assed and so even the Ranger in charge was dismayed that I was even picking up the glitter that Hispanics use for children's birthday parties. There were 8 or 10 of us there and anywhere I went the place was an utter mess. I couldn't figure out how I could be one of a group and still be finding things like McDonald's bags all over the place. Finally I worked my way around to the back of the park and here were the rest of them sitting at a park table passing a joint around.

So I continued until there wasn't a spot in the park and then started using wheel barrows full of wood chips to line the hedges around the park buildings. The ranger got so upset that he gave me the rest of the last day off and then had to make all of the rest of them finish what I had started. That place looked great until the next Hispanic holiday. And I say Hispanic because they're the only one's that use the parks for anything other than the tennis courts anymore.

It's not just the Hispanics, dude!

The Parrot Killer

01-01-2019 22:36
(5195)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Unfortunately, many of them are tourists. It's also hard to tell who left the trash within a crowd on a beach (or anywhere!).

Some States do punish those they catch this way, but the effort to patrol every square foot of Florida (or any State) to catch someone littering is more than any State patrol, combined with sheriffs and county cops, can sensibly man. Besides, many of them are busy on more important stuff, such as murders, assaults, property damage, thefts, trying to catch the next Florida Man incident, etc.

In places like Walt Disney world, they have an army of people each night to clean up the park from the slobs. They won't even walk 30 ft to the nearest garbage can.

Don't need to patrol for them, or hire a trash pile detective, just grab the ones you see, and make sure the do the community service. They aren't subtle or sneaky. Some just sit down, eat, and get up and leave, like at a restaurant, except it's just in the grass, or on bench in public, obviously no busboy. See many just walking down the street, and let it drop.
02-01-2019 00:22
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Don't need to patrol for them, or hire a trash pile detective, just grab the ones you see, and make sure the do the community service. They aren't subtle or sneaky. Some just sit down, eat, and get up and leave, like at a restaurant, except it's just in the grass, or on bench in public, obviously no busboy. See many just walking down the street, and let it drop.

YOU might see them, but does a cop?

Remember, they have to go through a trial and everything first.

The Parrot Killer

02-01-2019 11:03
(5195)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Well, I would guess the police would see it more often me, the slobs leave trash so casually, just don't care. And you a right, trials take time, cost money. Hell, a traffic ticket can usually get dismissed, just by going to court, instead of simply paying it. The officer who issued it, must appear, but if every ticket went to court, there would be no one left to patrol the streets. Even if the officer shows up, he still has to offer evidence, his word isn't given higher credibility than yours. I've only been to traffic court twice in my life, but had to sit through a few hours of cases before mine. Very few were found guilty, even when both parties showed up. I went, because I knew I was right, but there were a lot of cases, I was pretty sure they were guilty as sin, just a technicality, not innocence. Unfortunately, our whole justice system is like that anymore. It's a good thing, when you are falsely accused, but too easy to abuse. Plea bargains are just plain wrong. Sure, saves time and money, at the expense of justice. Should never be offered out of convenience, wasn't convenient for the victims.
02-01-2019 21:37
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Unfortunately, many of them are tourists. It's also hard to tell who left the trash within a crowd on a beach (or anywhere!). Here in Washington State, a hit and run is considered a felony.

Well, I would guess the police would see it more often me, the slobs leave trash so casually, just don't care. And you a right, trials take time, cost money. Hell, a traffic ticket can usually get dismissed, just by going to court, instead of simply paying it. The officer who issued it, must appear, but if every ticket went to court, there would be no one left to patrol the streets. Even if the officer shows up, he still has to offer evidence, his word isn't given higher credibility than yours. I've only been to traffic court twice in my life, but had to sit through a few hours of cases before mine. Very few were found guilty, even when both parties showed up. I went, because I knew I was right, but there were a lot of cases, I was pretty sure they were guilty as sin, just a technicality, not innocence. Unfortunately, our whole justice system is like that anymore. It's a good thing, when you are falsely accused, but too easy to abuse. Plea bargains are just plain wrong. Sure, saves time and money, at the expense of justice. Should never be offered out of convenience, wasn't convenient for the victims.

While true in some States (I don't know about Florida), in other States, such as Washington, the officer does not have to appear. A written deposition is just fine for his testimony (except for felonies, of course).

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 02-01-2019 21:39

Join the debate National Parks:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
I The Savior Do Have A Perfect Strategy To Help All National Government Solve Their Financial Issue213-11-2023 15:37
Illegal Mexican national murders 5 Texans. Xiden does nothing029-04-2023 18:52
National Climate Change Is Real Day (sealover please do not read this it is a surprise)529-04-2022 20:08
Many National Governments Going To Collapse For Deceiving People About The COVID Despite Of Receiving War625-06-2021 19:54
Why A Rotating National Policy Is Bad For Business605-02-2021 00:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact