Remember me
▼ Content

NASA

NASA05-12-2021 08:47
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I get a fortnightly newsletter from NASA and the latest makes for fun reading.Every extreme weather event was recorded and the claim is NASA can clearly see the human fingerprint on every one.Warming was not mentioned once in any article.The new mantra is emmisions cause climate change directly but if we give NASA 20 billion dollars they can monitor the situation and save us all even though absolutely nothing is done.They are our last hope.

duncan61
05-12-2021 14:25
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14388)
duncan61 wrote:
I get a fortnightly newsletter from NASA and the latest makes for fun reading.Every extreme weather event was recorded and the claim is NASA can clearly see the human fingerprint on every one.Warming was not mentioned once in any article.The new mantra is emmisions cause climate change directly but if we give NASA 20 billion dollars they can monitor the situation and save us all even though absolutely nothing is done.They are our last hope.

The incorrigible dishonesty of wamizombies has many of them preaching under the name/logo of NASA or NOAA or both.

NASA manages projects that put things into orbit. They don't do anything else. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to learn that your newsletter isn't actually produced by NASA and that the newsletter is simply using the logo under the belief that you are so stupid and gullible that you will believe whatever they write simply because you see the logo.

Ooooh. Aaaah. I considered including the NASA logo in my post to make a point but I think I'll save that for another day.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
05-12-2021 15:20
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
When Obama shut down the Space Shuttle program, he also gave them Climate Change. Watch ice melt, among other things. I'm sure that if NASA is still getting Climate Change funding, then they are still producing Obama-propaganda. That's one of the problem with America. Once funded, and as long as what's paid for, continues to be done, funding lasts for ever. Even if it is no longer need, or even wanted. All that is required is produce a report, fill out a form every year.
05-12-2021 21:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
duncan61 wrote:

Define 'extreme weather event'.

It is not possible to measure the number of storms, precipitation, total rainfall, or total snowfall on Earth.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
05-12-2021 21:01
(21582)
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

The incorrigible dishonesty of wamizombies has many of them preaching under the name/logo of NASA or NOAA or both.

NASA manages projects that put things into orbit. They don't do anything else. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to learn that your newsletter isn't actually produced by NASA and that the newsletter is simply using the logo under the belief that you are so stupid and gullible that you will believe whatever they write simply because you see the logo.

Ooooh. Aaaah. I considered including the NASA logo in my post to make a point but I think I'll save that for another day.

NASA has one other function (not widely known). That is to maintain a database of airfoils. Of course it is not the only database.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-12-2021 02:15
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Extreme weather event is any flood,Drought or campfire.NASA claim to be able to see the human fingerprint.Its very clever
06-12-2021 02:37
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
HarveyH55 wrote:
When Obama shut down the Space Shuttle program, he also gave them Climate Change. Watch ice melt, among other things. I'm sure that if NASA is still getting Climate Change funding, then they are still producing Obama-propaganda. That's one of the problem with America. Once funded, and as long as what's paid for, continues to be done, funding lasts for ever. Even if it is no longer need, or even wanted. All that is required is produce a report, fill out a form every year.

Spot on Harvey.On another forum a claim was made that some scientists had been discredited and forced out the industry.Another poster who knew about this set the record straight.If you are a research scientist you do not get run out the industry.Thats not how it works.The 2 scientists in question had secured a grant from the French government.Alledgedly at the end of the contract you have to agree to find manmade warming or the contract will be given to someone who will.Bit like Keith Briffa V Micheal Mann.Briffa found no warming Mann did Mann gets published.Since then it has been proven there is no corelation between tree rings and temperature.We have had 50 years of actual growth to study.All the proxy stuff is a work of fiction

duncan61
06-12-2021 06:46
(14388)
duncan61 wrote:If you are a research scientist you do not get run out the industry.Thats not how it works.The 2 scientists in question had secured a grant from the French government.Alledgedly at the end of the contract you have to agree to find manmade warming or the contract will be given to someone who will.

All "studies" are the documented predetermined conclusions of the person/group funding the study, i.e. it is paid-for propaganda that carries the illusion of unbiased authority. "Studies" differ not from a commercial. They can be anything from informative to outright lies, but what they all have in common is that they are selling something.

If the French government is going to pay someone to write a document then that document had better promote a global warming crisis in such a way that it terrifies the public into ceding more power and money to the government. If the author cannot do that then the French government will hire someone else who can and will. No business will pay an ad company to produce a commercial with a message to not buy their product. Similarly, the proponents of Marxism and of tyrannical government are not going to pay for any "studies" that do not generate fear, panic or some other negative outlook that pushes the people to turn to the government for security, nor are they going to promote sound economic principles and free markets that strengthen individual liberties rather than compel dependence on the government.

Studies are not science. They are propaganda. They are completely bought and paid-for.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-12-2021 14:41
(5196)
The truth is that science became a commercial product a long time ago. Probably shortly after the government started paying for education, and passing out research grants. Lot of competition for getting in on free-money. Long as a 'researcher' gave the customer what they paid for, they had money, facilities, tools, and equipment, to do pretty much anything else they wanted. Customers aren't going to keep paying for a product or service, that doesn't meet their need or expectation.

A 'study' is like an advertisement, or resume, of a person, or team hoping to sell a product or service. Peer review, is sorting through the 'studies', for grant-worthy projects (a product that might sell), to ensure quality.
06-12-2021 15:57
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
The truth is that science became a commercial product a long time ago. Probably shortly after the government started paying for education, and passing out research grants. Lot of competition for getting in on free-money. Long as a 'researcher' gave the customer what they paid for, they had money, facilities, tools, and equipment, to do pretty much anything else they wanted. Customers aren't going to keep paying for a product or service, that doesn't meet their need or expectation.

A 'study' is like an advertisement, or resume, of a person, or team hoping to sell a product or service. Peer review, is sorting through the 'studies', for grant-worthy projects (a product that might sell), to ensure quality.

Science is not a product, commercial or otherwise.
Science is not a 'research', 'study', or 'project'.
Science does not use peer review or any other form of consensus. There is no voting bloc in science.
Science does not buy or sell anything. It is not tools, equipment, facilities, or money.
Science is not 'quality'.

Science is a set of falsifiable theories. That's it. That's all. Nothing more. Nothing less.

The Parrot Killer

06-12-2021 23:54
(5196)
Science is a creation of man. It can be used, abuse, exploited, changed. Just like any other tool. I wasn't a fan of the change, but I don't deny it.
07-12-2021 00:15
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Science does not use peer review or any other form of consensus. There is no voting bloc in science.
Science does not buy or sell anything. It is not tools, equipment, facilities, or money.

Science is a set of falsifiable theories. That's it. That's all. Nothing more. Nothing less.

And yet you use IT (information technology) to say even the technology that you use is falsifiable. Are we reading your words which are your thoughts? The falsifiable IT that you use might be saying something other than what you want us to know? This means all of your posts are void because you use a falsifiable medium to promote your truth.
This is also a medium which promotes a truth wouldn't you say? Just nothing rare about it because it's rather common, right? I just love logic because it can't be falsified.
Attached image:

07-12-2021 02:14
(14388)
HarveyH55 wrote:Peer review, is sorting through the 'studies', for grant-worthy projects (a product that might sell), to ensure quality.

Actually, Harvey, "peer review" has nothing to do with projects and has everything to do with articles and papers. It is a publishing term.

Magazines and journals are run by people with MBA's because it is a business, irrespective of the subject matter of said periodical. The management staff are responsible for one thing and one thing only, i.e. the bottom line. They are not experts in the subject matter of the periodical.

So they hire peer reviewers who are knowledgable in the subject matter of the periodical and who are familiar with the target audience. These reviewers help the magazine/journal's management staff select the articles that will sell the most and that will most increase the bottom line.

For example, if Subduction Zone and IBDaMann both submit articles to National Geographic, the reviewers will tell the management staff that Subduction Zone's confusing article of physics violations will really resonate with their scientifically illiterate audience and should definitely be published. Then they will characterize IBDaMann's article as simply denying settled science and will only turn off their readership, thus it should not be published.

That's what "peer reviewers" are and do. They have nothing to do with creating science or with engineering technology. They simply make publishing recommendations based on having their finger on the pulse more firmly than the management staff of former business majors.

[*find-peerreviewpublishing]
Edited on 07-12-2021 02:17
07-12-2021 02:43
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Peer review, is sorting through the 'studies', for grant-worthy projects (a product that might sell), to ensure quality.

Actually, Harvey, "peer review" has nothing to do with projects and has everything to do with articles and papers. It is a publishing term.

Magazines and journals are run by people with MBA's because it is a business, irrespective of the subject matter of said periodical. The management staff are responsible for one thing and one thing only, i.e. the bottom line. They are not experts in the subject matter of the periodical.

So they hire peer reviewers who are knowledgable in the subject matter of the periodical and who are familiar with the target audience. These reviewers help the magazine/journal's management staff select the articles that will sell the most and that will most increase the bottom line.

For example, if Subduction Zone and IBDaMann both submit articles to National Geographic, the reviewers will tell the management staff that Subduction Zone's confusing article of physics violations will really resonate with their scientifically illiterate audience and should definitely be published. Then they will characterize IBDaMann's article as simply denying settled science and will only turn off their readership, thus it should not be published.

That's what "peer reviewers" are and do. They have nothing to do with creating science or with engineering technology. They simply make publishing recommendations based on having their finger on the pulse more firmly than the management staff of former business majors.

[*find-peerreviewpublishing]

And today we are into the night why people need to be careful about any information on the internet. How can you know what matters? People need to learn about what interests them. Then they can ask themselves what information matters. It is up to the individual to become informed about any subject that they are following. With me, I like the common steak and potato. Kind of what
.......Made America Great.
07-12-2021 07:27
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Maybe the music speaks for itself?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I2x9rU3Aog
07-12-2021 08:21
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

And yet you use IT (information technology) to say even the technology that you use is falsifiable. Are we reading your words which are your thoughts? The falsifiable IT that you use might be saying something other than what you want us to know? This means all of your posts are void because you use a falsifiable medium to promote your truth.
This is also a medium which promotes a truth wouldn't you say? Just nothing rare about it because it's rather common, right? I just love logic because it can't be falsified.

Science is not technology. Redefinition fallacies. You deny logic.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 07-12-2021 08:21

Join the debate NASA:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Google and NASA achieved quantum supremacy in 20195020-11-2022 23:20
NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory4206-05-2022 20:55
NASA/GRACE lies about Greenland's ice mass loss1004-04-2020 23:16
Satellite confirms key NASA temperature data: The planet is warming — and fast422-05-2019 18:30
The Stench from the EPA, NASA and NOAA8010-11-2017 05:08
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact