Remember me
▼ Content

My New Favorite Organization

My New Favorite Organization02-01-2021 11:33
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
This organization has it all and it's just what we needed, just when we needed it!

I'll give you a hint: What do you get when you cross Black Lives Matter, Citizens Climate Lobby, La Raza, The Pricing Carbon Initiative, International Communist Current and the DNC?

https://www.rebuildclimate.org/about_us

Enjoy!

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-01-2021 13:07
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
IBdaMann wrote:
This organization has it all and it's just what we needed, just when we needed it!

I'll give you a hint: What do you get when you cross Black Lives Matter, Citizens Climate Lobby, La Raza, The Pricing Carbon Initiative, International Communist Current and the DNC?

https://www.rebuildclimate.org/about_us

Enjoy!

It's like the Church of Global Warming, the Church of Green, the Church of Ciovid, terrorists, the DNC, and the Church of Karl Marx have joined into one organization.

This is right out of the SOTC. They are trying to spread their fascism.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-01-2021 00:34
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Are Norwegian solar farms a good long term investment?
03-01-2021 01:21
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Are Norwegian solar farms a good long term investment?

Only if you can power them from the Aurora.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-01-2021 04:59
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
We have a new organisation based here in Fremantle calling itself Climate Clever.If I transfer $30 AUD they will kindly send me an APP so I can monitor my personal CO2 footprint.I have some interesting news.My last customer for the week was a South Afican Jewish bloke.I concreted a post in the ground for a basketball hoop his children scored for Christmas.I led in to the Global warming debate and we had a good half hour discussion and I could see him considering the information I was sharing.Every question posed I had the answer.The big deal was when I pulled the CO2 meter out.It never went over 400ppm and was around 380-390 for an hour.I have watched the CO2 levels dropping over the last 6 months which woul make sense as we are using less coal now than in 2000.
03-01-2021 06:39
(14389)
duncan61 wrote:I have watched the CO2 levels dropping over the last 6 months which woul make sense as we are using less coal now than in 2000.

We have not been using less coal.

CO2 is a bit heavier than O2 and N2 ... and it "settles" towards the earth's surface over time ... and coincidentally, that's where the plants are!

Plants like to eat too. The bottom line is that plants are eating up all the CO2.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-01-2021 06:55
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
How can you state we are not using less coal.It can be worked out how much coal is dug out and burned globally and coal usage has reduced 10% per decade from 2000.In West Australia we are carbon neutral not for any reason other than thats how it is as Perths power comes from Wagerup aluminium Refinery which has gas turbines in the South and Collie that is a coal fired power station is being shutdown in 2023 as it is over 50 years old and only 7 and 8 are currently running.The South Fremantle power station was shut down in 1985 and I recall the thick black smoke billowing out the 4 stacks as I used to go fishing at Robbs jetty which was next door.With a strong southerly the smoke went all the way to Cotteslo.I am starting to feel that you just say no no to everything as thats your go to move
03-01-2021 07:09
(14389)
duncan61 wrote: How can you state we are not using less coal.It can be worked out how much coal is dug out and burned globally and coal usage has reduced 10% per decade from 2000.

You'll have to forgive me but I have zero confidence that you have accurate figures on how much coal is extracted globally or how much is burned globally.

You'll have to forgive me but neither China nor India have reduced their consumption of coal in any way. The thing is that other developing countries have been ramping up as well, and not just coal by hydrocarbons as well.

You owe terrestrial plant life a certain debt of gratitude.

03-01-2021 07:39
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
China and India buy coal from Australia and Russia
03-01-2021 08:02
(14389)
duncan61 wrote:China and India buy coal from Australia and Russia

They buy it from anyone willing to sell it. They can't get enough of it. The can't burn it fast enough.

03-01-2021 08:44
(21588)
duncan61 wrote:
How can you state we are not using less coal.It can be worked out how much coal is dug out and burned globally

No, it can't. The best indication of coal use versus supply is the price of coal, which has gone up. That means people are buying it.
duncan61 wrote:
and coal usage has reduced 10% per decade from 2000.

Argument from randU fallacy.
duncan61 wrote:
In West Australia we are carbon neutral not for any reason other than thats how it is as Perths power comes from Wagerup aluminium Refinery which has gas turbines in the South and Collie that is a coal fired power station is being shutdown in 2023 as it is over 50 years old and only 7 and 8 are currently running.The South Fremantle power station was shut down in 1985 and I recall the thick black smoke billowing out the 4 stacks as I used to go fishing at Robbs jetty which was next door.With a strong southerly the smoke went all the way to Cotteslo.I am starting to feel that you just say no no to everything as thats your go to move

Burning any hydrocarbon, including natural gas, produces CO2.
So does burning coal.

Big hairy deal.

CO2 is not capable of warming the Earth.
No gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth, not even a single fraction of a degree.

You cannot create energy out of nothing.
You cannot trap light.
You cannot trap heat.
You cannot trap thermal energy. There is always heat.

Plants benefit from this very necessary gas in the atmosphere.

Coal use has not gone down since 2000. It's gone up and down with the markets. Big users are China, India, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and the central and eastern US.

Coal use went up again last year, in 2020, despite covid19.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 03-01-2021 08:46
03-01-2021 10:41
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Pounds of CO2 emitted per million British thermal units (Btu) of energy for various fuels

Coal (anthracite) 228.6
Coal (bituminous) 205.7
Coal (lignite) 215.4
Coal (subbituminous) 214.3
Diesel fuel and heating oil 161.3
Gasoline without ethanol 157.2
Propane 139.0
Natural gas 117.0
You cannot trap light.
You cannot trap heat.

Totaly agree the energy is coming from the sun not from nothing its an uncontrolled heat source.I refer to solar Hot Water units that hold 410 litres and the panels are designed to not boil the system even on super hot sunny days.It is common for people to connect a tile fire to the solar for boosting in winter.The panels have to be taken of the main supply and either fed by a small tank on an open loop or a pressure reduction valve and shepherds crook fitted.Solar hart have had glycol in the panels for the last 20 years and a heat exchanger in the tank.In this case the hot water service can still be mains pressure and the fire connected direct to the panels a much better system all round.By the time you pay $4000 plus for a solar and if you have to run electricity you will never save the amount that a 90 litre gas storage will cost to instal and run over 20 years.I have gone back on threads to 2017 and see you have had this dissagreement on the SB law for a long time with a lot of people
03-01-2021 12:07
(14389)
Fun Fact: listed below are the pounds of CO2 per million British thermal units (Btu) of energy for various fuels that are consumed by earth's plant life:

Coal (anthracite) 228.6
Coal (bituminous) 205.7
Coal (lignite) 215.4
Coal (subbituminous) 214.3
Diesel fuel and heating oil 161.3
Gasoline without ethanol 157.2
Propane 139.0
Natural gas 117.0
You cannot trap light.
You cannot trap heat.

03-01-2021 22:00
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
We use to cut, and burn a lot of wood, for the energy released. It was cheap, and readily available. Coal, gained in popularity, because it was cheap, and pretty easy to transport, plentiful in some areas. Coal doesn't rot, soak up water, and not burn, takes less space, and burns hotter. Gas and petroleum, are more available, and have similar advantages, that made coal more popular than wood. It's about getting the cheapest fuel to use, and store, to where it's needed. Doesn't mean everybody is going to stop using any particular fuel, to get the energy they want and need. Coal remains a useful fuel, because it's cheap, and a lower demand, means a steady supply, at a lower price, than the more desirable fuels available. Without subsidies, there is no incentive to change over to a more expensive fuel. When the subsidies end, people will switch back to the less costly fuels, that still provide the energy they need. Most people would never have had solar panels installed on their roofs, if the government hadn't picked up almost half the cost. Many, see very little benefit, as they never reduced their usage. Most, just saw that they could afford to use more electricity, for what they were normally spending each month. Instead of setting the thermostat to a miserly, barely comfortable setting, they crank that baby way up, and leave it on. They don't go search for lights left on, only use them as need, they don't worry about it anymore. They get larger washers and dryers, so they don't need to spend all day doing laundry.

Join the debate My New Favorite Organization:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
International Organization Governments Are Using Wrong Strategy & Handling The Corona Virus Outbreak 117-03-2020 03:17
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact