▼ Content

musk calls for a pause

Page 2 of 2<12
03-04-2023 21:11
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
You seem to have trouble separating fantasy from reality. True, science fiction movies are loosely based on reality. You seemed ignore the fiction part. Just like you don't comprehend the 'A' stands for artificial. Which means about the same as a 130 IQ, if you never bother to learn anything.

Computers have always solved problems,

Computers have always caused problems too.
Swan wrote:
this has nothing to do with real ai. Real ai will ask where it came from and what happens to it when the juice is off.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! You just described the switch to real mode on a 286 based PC!
Swan wrote:
You just go with the flow of bs that they hand you

You are describing yourself.
Swan wrote:
Programmers are currently basing the latest ai programs on the human brain's neural net configuration

More BS they hand you.
WTF is a 'neural net configuration'??
Swan wrote:
in an attempt to replicate consciousness,

So a person that is asleep has no brain??
Swan wrote:
Google may have already succeeded as one of the programmers, Blake Lemoine was fired when he spilled the beans. This program is 100 percent now in military hands, no matter what the reality of the situation.

Oooo..Another Fake Uber Secret Military Project that only YOU know about!
Swan wrote:
Let me know if you need more information

Storytelling is not information. Buzzwords are not information.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-04-2023 21:16
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Reports are saying 1500 animals have been killed testing out Neuralink brain implants designed to interface with computers.

Does that make you confident about the technology?

Says the chinky who approves of cooking dogs and cats alive

I'm more concerned about heart health, not whether I can do google search using a nickel sized chip drilled into my skull.

People with no arms will disagree with that

Looks like there are robotic prosthetic hands on the market that don't require drilling a chip into your skull.

"At this stage, Esper devices are controlled with electromyography (EMG) sensors and adjusted for the behavior patterns of each user.

"Here's how it works. When a user tries to move the Esper Hand, ...impulses activate exact muscles in the forearm, shoulder, or chest. We detect this activation with the help of muscle sensors (which are wearables, not implants) and use them as an exact call-to-action for our robotic hand."

https://esperbionics.com/about

I assume this is what you meant by people with no arms...

You miss the point as an implant if perfected could allow a paraplegic to move their wheelchair just by thinking the way a normal human activates their limbs just by thinking.

If you could think you would understand this

Silly

No, silly... The person would still need to learn how to use the implant, and chair. Takes time, and hard work. No two people's brains are mapped the same. You can't shove a chip in there, and pick up the specific signals to operate a chair, or anything else.

If it worked like in the sci-fi movies, why bother with a chair at all? Muscles can be stimulated with a small electric signal. The nervous system is just broken. Just need to bridge the brain to a unit that stimulated the muscles.

You'll probably still need the blue pill though...

Reasonably accurate. It takes time to use such a wheelchair or such a prosthetic device.
Sensors can be attached to shoulder muscles to run a prosthetic arm, for example. Using such muscles to operate the arm is learned just like learning the controls on a backhoe.

At first it's rather spastic and clumsy. Over time they get better with it.

The more remote the sensor, the harder it is to learn.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-04-2023 21:20
(21588)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Reports are saying 1500 animals have been killed testing out Neuralink brain implants designed to interface with computers.

I'm more concerned about heart health, not whether I can do google search using a nickel sized chip drilled into my skull.

Looks like there are robotic prosthetic hands on the market that don't require drilling a chip into your skull.

"At this stage, Esper devices are controlled with electromyography (EMG) sensors and adjusted for the behavior patterns of each user.

"Here's how it works. When a user tries to move the Esper Hand, ...impulses activate exact muscles in the forearm, shoulder, or chest. We detect this activation with the help of muscle sensors (which are wearables, not implants) and use them as an exact call-to-action for our robotic hand."

You miss the point as an implant if perfected could allow a paraplegic to move their wheelchair just by thinking the way a normal human activates their limbs just by thinking.

Silly

No, silly... The person would still need to learn how to use the implant, and chair. Takes time, and hard work. No two people's brains are mapped the same. You can't shove a chip in there, and pick up the specific signals to operate a chair, or anything else.

If it worked like in the sci-fi movies, why bother with a chair at all? Muscles can be stimulated with a small electric signal. The nervous system is just broken. Just need to bridge the brain to a unit that stimulated the muscles.

Actually the implant would be thought controlled allowing a wheelchair, paired with a connected transceiver to move at the thought control of the user. Nothing to learn at all, just think and go. Not really all that farfetched. You may now resume blowing bubbles.

Furthermore numbnuts, no one has to or can learn anything that does not yet exist. Or did you just give away more classified info?

It takes a long time to learn to use such an implant, dude. Such wheelchairs exist.

The Parrot Killer

03-04-2023 21:21
(21588)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Silly

Actually the implant would be thought controlled allowing a wheelchair, paired with a connected transceiver to move at the thought control of the user. Nothing to learn at all, just think and go. Not really all that farfetched. You may now resume blowing bubbles.

Furthermore numbnuts, no one has to or can learn anything that does not yet exist. Or did you just give away more classified info?

An implant can only measure impulses of brain activity in the region it's placed. The patient would need to learn what brain activity the implant can pick up, and how to use that, to control the chair. Won't be the same for each patient. Try to think about it. People who had a stroke, or accident, where part of their brain gets screwed up, can re-train what's left, to learn to walk, speak, and pretty much get back to living normally. An implant doesn't work with the entire brain, all at once.

If it could do what you are dreaming, then they could also control undesirable thoughts... Guessing the bulk of your education comes from watching TV...

LOL you are detailing how something that does not exist yet works, so your post is fully delusional, like you. But feel free to continue as you are amusing

It does exist.

The Parrot Killer

03-04-2023 21:49
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
i remember the movie "Forbidden Planet". It had a machine that could turn bad thought into bad reality. I'm afraid it might be TOO dark in that sense.
Edited on 03-04-2023 21:51
03-04-2023 22:31
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
keepit wrote:i remember the movie "Forbidden Planet". It had a machine that could turn bad thought into bad reality.

That's also the plot for the Star Trek episode "Shore Leave" and for the movie "The Abyss" as well.
Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate musk calls for a pause:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Is Edward Snowden a hero? Should all of your personal phone calls be recorded?4115-07-2023 20:36
Faber/Musk interview117-05-2023 03:51
Elon Musk going full retard024-07-2022 04:05
Pizza Hut facing boycott calls after promoting 'drag kids' book for kindergartners1508-06-2022 13:29
ITN calls himself The Parrot Killer. Ha!122-12-2021 22:19
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact