Remember me
▼ Content

money is the cause of CO2 increase

money is the cause of CO2 increase17-09-2019 19:04
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Before there was money, there was hardly any CO2 emission. Money is profit. Profit means burning fossil fuel for energy. CO2 didn't increase significantly until there was money a few hundred years ago. Blame money for CO2 increase.
17-09-2019 19:20
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Before there was money, there was hardly any CO2 emission. Money is profit. Profit means burning fossil fuel for energy. CO2 didn't increase significantly until there was money a few hundred years ago. Blame money for CO2 increase.

Even without money, there are still other forms of bartering. Those would all have to be blamed as well.

Money has existed for far more than "a few hundred years".

Thankfully, none of this even matters, since CO2 is incapable of warming the Earth, and plants love the shit out of it.
17-09-2019 20:30
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
gfm7175 wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Even without money, there are still other forms of bartering. Those would all have to be blamed as well.

Thankfully, none of this even matters, since CO2 is incapable of warming the Earth, and plants love the shit out of it.

Until a few hundred years ago money was gold, silver, bronze. Limited in quantity. Paper money appeared a few hundred years ago after invention of printing press, essentially making money unlimited in quantity. Modern money is digital, which is of course truly unlimited. Bartering does not make CO2 emission. Not enough scale.
Edited on 17-09-2019 20:39
17-09-2019 20:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

There was global warming in 700BC??!?

We don't burn fossils for fuel. Fossils don't burn.

It is not possible to measure global atmospheric CO2 in 700BC!
It is not possible to measure global atmospheric CO2 even today.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-09-2019 20:35
(21597)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Until a few hundred years ago money was gold, silver, bronze. Limited in quantity. Paper money appeared a few hundred years ago, essentially making money unlimited in quantity. Modern money is digital, which is of course truly unlimited. Bartering does not make CO2 emission. Not enough scale.

??? What about the fires and wars in 700BC???

CO2 is incapable of warming the Earth using light emitted from Earth's surface.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-09-2019 20:37
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Until a few hundred years ago money was gold, silver, bronze. Limited in quantity. Paper money appeared a few hundred years ago, essentially making money unlimited in quantity. Modern money is digital, which is of course truly unlimited. Bartering does not make CO2 emission. Not enough scale.

Only industrial scale production caused by unlimited money with paper money or digital money can significantly increase CO2.
17-09-2019 20:46
(21597)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Money is not unlimited. Unlimited money is valueless.

Only industrial scale production caused by unlimited money with paper money or digital money can significantly increase CO2.

The Parrot Killer

17-09-2019 22:54
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Money was discussed many times in the bible, root of all evil. Jesus was worth only 50 silver coins. Not sure if that was a lot of money back in those days. A handful of silver doesn't buy that much these days... Paper money, is counterfeit money, only worth what the folks printing it, says it's worth, and only as long as people believe it. Probably not much longer...
18-09-2019 05:14
(21597)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Unlimited money is valueless. It ceases to be used as money. That's called a 'cash crash'.

The Parrot Killer

18-09-2019 05:16
(21597)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Money was discussed many times in the bible, root of all evil. Jesus was worth only 50 silver coins. Not sure if that was a lot of money back in those days. A handful of silver doesn't buy that much these days... Paper money, is counterfeit money, only worth what the folks printing it, says it's worth, and only as long as people believe it. Probably not much longer...

Silver buys about 2/3rds what it's bought historically. Gold is close to par.

The value of the dollar has fallen a tremendous amount. Yes, there is very real possibility people will stop accepting it as money, except the government of course!

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate money is the cause of CO2 increase:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Climate Change + Pandemic + Gun Rocket War + Economy Money = Divine World Solution028-12-2023 05:09
People Do Not Care About Climate Change Environment If They Still Have Money Economy Issue503-12-2023 18:39
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Deadline Pass Without Money, The United States USD Is Officially Gone Now !214-11-2023 16:29
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact