Remember me
▼ Content

Mobile carbonalyser: an app to estimate your mobile environmental impact

Mobile carbonalyser: an app to estimate your mobile environmental impact07-01-2020 11:49
PaulOuch
☆☆☆☆☆
(3)
The overall carbon emissions from the digital ecosystem is significant. Digital technologies now emit 4% of greenhouse gas emissions (GHG), and its energy consumption is increasing by 9% a year.

Here is an application for Android and iPhone to raise awareness of the digital usage impact and influence the way we use our smartphone.

You can download them from the links below:

Android and iPhone

Thanks for your feedback/suggestions
07-01-2020 14:47
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
PaulOuch wrote:
The overall carbon emissions from the digital ecosystem is significant. Digital technologies now emit 4% of greenhouse gas emissions (GHG), and its energy consumption is increasing by 9% a year.

Can you explain what a "digital ecosystem" is please?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
07-01-2020 15:15
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14404)
GasGuzzler wrote: Can you explain what a "digital ecosystem" is please?

This should clear things up:

... or maybe this:

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-01-2020 15:22
PaulOuch
☆☆☆☆☆
(3)
I mean network (home, cellular, wired), datacenters, devices...
07-01-2020 15:27
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14404)
PaulOuch wrote: I mean network (home, cellular, wired), datacenters, devices...

None of the items mentioned produce CO2.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-01-2020 15:51
PaulOuch
☆☆☆☆☆
(3)
yes, indirectly, manufacture of equipments and electricity to operate them
07-01-2020 18:02
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
PaulOuch wrote:
yes, indirectly, manufacture of equipments and electricity to operate them

So electric cars produce CO2 as well then. Lots of it.

Big hairy deal. CO2 is not capable of warming the Earth. No gas or vapor is.

You can't create energy out of nothing.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-01-2020 18:16
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote: Can you explain what a "digital ecosystem" is please?

This should clear things up:

... or maybe this:

Thank you so much for these digital ecosystem diagrams. Yes sir, via these excellent illustrations it has become very clear what we have here.

We have another climate wacko using an electronic device to make us feel guilty for using an electronic device.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
08-01-2020 00:00
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Bummer, I don't use a cell phone, and hope to avoid it. How much are you charging for your educational app?

Come to think of it, global warming seemed to start being an urgent problem, as we moved more to the airwaves. All those radio waves are energy. Wonder if there is a correlation between radio waves, CO2, and global warming. CO2 can create energy, violation of the law, and only humans are criminals. Maybe CO2 gets that tremendous amount of planet killing energy, from cell phones and satellite TV.
08-01-2020 02:51
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Bummer, I don't use a cell phone, and hope to avoid it. How much are you charging for your educational app?

Come to think of it, global warming seemed to start being an urgent problem, as we moved more to the airwaves. All those radio waves are energy. Wonder if there is a correlation between radio waves, CO2, and global warming. CO2 can create energy, violation of the law, and only humans are criminals. Maybe CO2 gets that tremendous amount of planet killing energy, from cell phones and satellite TV.

It is possible that you are right. Together we can do the math. You're an American, right? We can do this. You can work with a disabled Veteran, right? We both love America, right? We can do this. Where would you like to start? I am most willing to follow a true American lead. And to lead, you also need to do.
09-01-2020 01:35
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

It is possible that you are right. Together we can do the math. You're an American, right? We can do this. You can work with a disabled Veteran, right? We both love America, right? We can do this. Where would you like to start? I am most willing to follow a true American lead. And to lead, you also need to do.

You're an American too, so guess your disability is related to the steel plate, replace a large section of your skull... You don't have to be born here, to be an American, or even speak English.
09-01-2020 02:25
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
PaulOuch wrote:

Here is an application for Android and iPhone to raise awareness of the digital usage impact and influence the way we use our smartphone.

You can download them from the links below:

Android and iPhone

So it just tells you what your smart phone is doing?

That's like someone putting a drinking straw counter up on the wall and calling that doing their part to fight filling America's land fills.

Seeing how we now have LED lights I'm sure computers will become more energy efficient in the future. There is a lot of money to be made doing that.

https://www.businessinsider.com/google-is-using-deepminds-ai-to-slash-its-enormous-electricity-bill-2016-7

Join the debate Mobile carbonalyser: an app to estimate your mobile environmental impact:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Free window estimates? How exactly would anyone give me a window estimate019-09-2023 21:13
Climate change - effects, impact and solutions3417-08-2023 08:19
What is the best linux app ever created?4201-08-2023 23:51
Technology Mobile Network Do Help Spread All Virus Quicker Including The COVID, So Just Turn It Off009-08-2021 12:38
Made a graph of low equilibrium climate sensitivity estimates to show that the IPCC's best estimate o203-03-2020 02:17
Articles
Appendix C - China's Environmental Crisis
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact