Remember me
▼ Content

misconceptions



Page 1 of 8123>>>
misconceptions06-02-2022 17:40
keepit
★★★★★
(2560)
church of global warming - there is no such thing, it is a filament of someone's imagination.

google is not God - noone believes such a thing, it would be filament as well.

magical property of creating energy out of nothing - noone believes such a thing, it would also be a filament of someone's imagination.

the election wasn't stolen - there are many people that believe it was but this is also a filament of someone's imagination.

if someone has too many filaments, let me suggest that they see Dr. Frasier Crane or Dr. Niles Crane, or maybe Roz in seattle. Actually they are aren't real people, just filaments. They aren't real psychiatrists either but maybe if one uses one's imagination ...

Question - how many filaments does it take to make a delusion?
Edited on 06-02-2022 17:44
06-02-2022 18:53
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2481)
keepit wrote:
church of global warming - there is no such thing, it is a filament of someone's imagination.


The Christian church is not a building, It is a group of people with a common faith, with a common goal of converting more people to said faith and changing lives. Exactly the same as the Church of Global Warming.

keepit wrote:
google is not God - noone believes such a thing,


Problem is, there are people like you that believe only Google and God have all the correct answers.

keepit wrote:
magical property of creating energy out of nothing - noone believes such a thing


If your religion says temperature can increase without additional energy, then you most certainly do believe such a thing.

keepit wrote:
the election wasn't stolen - there are many people that believe it was


This would be Google doing your thinking for you.


Studies show that if you force several tubs of peanut butter down the throats of newborns, in some cases it could potentially be toxic. In cities where infant-PB-stuffing is more common, infant deaths increased by over 47% with corresponding increases in dead-infant obesity.. -IBdaMann
06-02-2022 22:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18679)
keepit wrote:
church of global warming - there is no such thing, it is a filament of someone's imagination.

All religions are based on some initial circular argument with arguments extending from that.
The Church of Global Warming is a religion. It is a fundamentalist based religion. It is not a light bulb.
keepit wrote:
google is not God - noone believes such a thing, it would be filament as well.

You treat Google like God. The Church of Google is a real thing also. It is not a light bulb.
keepit wrote:
magical property of creating energy out of nothing - noone believes such a thing, it would also be a filament of someone's imagination.

You do. Are you a light bulb?
keepit wrote:
the election wasn't stolen - there are many people that believe it was but this is also a filament of someone's imagination.

It was. You can't make the evidence disappear by referring to filaments or light bulbs.
keepit wrote:
if someone has too many filaments, let me suggest that they see Dr. Frasier Crane or Dr. Niles Crane, or maybe Roz in seattle. Actually they are aren't real people, just filaments. They aren't real psychiatrists either but maybe if one uses one's imagination ...

I don't bother with quacks or their light bulbs.
keepit wrote:
Question - how many filaments does it take to make a delusion?


How many morons does it take to screw in a light bulb?


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-02-2022 00:25
keepit
★★★★★
(2560)
itn,
More false claims here. Was there something wrong with your education?
07-02-2022 00:46
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18679)
keepit wrote:
itn,
More false claims here. Was there something wrong with your education?


Is there something wrong with your reading? You are describing yourself.

Go tighten your head clamp.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-02-2022 00:47
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11965)
keepit wrote:itn,More false claims here. Was there something wrong with your education?

keepit, let me know when you finally realize that you are the one who is mistaken about ... well ... seemingly everything.

It's rather humorous that you, of all people, would pretend to talk trash about someone else's education being "lacking."

07-02-2022 01:49
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11965)
Enter the Bible Troll!

Proverbs 8:7 - For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.

Mark 13:5 - And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:

keepit wrote:church of global warming - there is no such thing, it is a filament of someone's imagination.

Deuteronomy 32:17 - They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.

2 Peter 2:1 - But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

keepit wrote: google is not God - noone believes such a thing, it would be filament as well.

Mark 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Deuteronomy 6:14 - Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you;

keepit wrote: magical property of creating energy out of nothing - noone believes such a thing, it would also be a filament of someone's imagination.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 - Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Revelation 19:20 - And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

keepit wrote:the election wasn't stolen - there are many people that believe it was but this is also a filament of someone's imagination.

Jeremiah 2:11 - Hath a nation changed their gods, which are yet no gods? but my people have changed their glory for that which doth not profit.

Psalms 119:104 - Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
Attached image:

07-02-2022 01:53
keepit
★★★★★
(2560)
ibd,
i didn't say it was lacking. I said there was something wrong and was wondering what it was.
07-02-2022 02:06
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11965)
keepit wrote: I said there was something wrong and was wondering what it was.

This is a fallacy within a fallacy. Nested fallacies! Nice.

Your false premise fallacy, i.e. that there is something wrong with Into the Night's education, itself contains Fallacy 12, i.e. Accusation of Deficient Education or Pretense Someone is Unable to Understand

@Into the Night - I noticed that the Official Mantra List contains no "false premise" fallacy, i.e. an argument by which the very wording implies, or explicitly states, a premise that is false, as in keepit's fallacy above. In this case, he doesn't merely imply the false premise, he openly states it, but that's irrelevant, and the stated false premise happens to be one on the list.


07-02-2022 03:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18679)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: I said there was something wrong and was wondering what it was.

This is a fallacy within a fallacy. Nested fallacies! Nice.

Your false premise fallacy, i.e. that there is something wrong with Into the Night's education, itself contains Fallacy 12, i.e. Accusation of Deficient Education or Pretense Someone is Unable to Understand

@Into the Night - I noticed that the Official Mantra List contains no "false premise" fallacy, i.e. an argument by which the very wording implies, or explicitly states, a premise that is false, as in keepit's fallacy above. In this case, he doesn't merely imply the false premise, he openly states it, but that's irrelevant, and the stated false premise happens to be one on the list.


The Mantra you are looking for in this case is 22h. He is combining it with Mantra 22i.

He is simply saying 'something is wrong'. He won't state what. That's a void argument.

The same thing happens when 'Trump is a criminal', without stating what the crime was or the law or statute that was broken. A void argument fallacy. Mantra 22h.

However, I've found it's time to update my list to include elements coming from the Church of Covid, election fraud, and the hoplophobic among us.

The List is getting larger. Many of these idiots are attempting to change the Constitution to discard it.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-02-2022 17:27
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3132)
Into the Night wrote:
However, I've found it's time to update my list to include elements coming from the Church of Covid, election fraud, and the hoplophobic among us.

The List is getting larger.

Indeed it is... It is quite an impressive list of mantras. It goes to show just how common mindlessly parroting fallacious BS really is...

My 'Lispy Leftist List of Linguistic Lunacy' keeps growing as well, and I am likewise impressed by that list. That list goes to show just how many NPCs there are, mindlessly performing buzzword.exe ...
07-02-2022 19:16
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18679)
Well, the only reason the List is expanding is because of the introduction of the Church of Covid. I should've expanded it long ago for the hoplophobic twits. I also haven't touched it since the fall of the United States or any of the events leading up to it.
07-02-2022 19:20
keepit
★★★★★
(2560)
For Better Interpretation of the body of threats "consult" with the experts. I like google my self. The trouble is, google just waits to see.
07-02-2022 19:46
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2481)
keepit wrote:
For Better Interpretation of the body of threats "consult" with the experts. I like google my self. The trouble is, google just waits to see.


Who takes over the task of thinking for you when a Google search reveals conflicting "expert" opinion?

Example Google search on Covid being airborne:
Experts are divided on how often the virus spreads through the airborne route and how much it contributes to the pandemic


Studies show that if you force several tubs of peanut butter down the throats of newborns, in some cases it could potentially be toxic. In cities where infant-PB-stuffing is more common, infant deaths increased by over 47% with corresponding increases in dead-infant obesity.. -IBdaMann
Edited on 07-02-2022 20:06
07-02-2022 20:00
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4259)
keepit wrote:
For Better Interpretation of the body of threats "consult" with the experts. I googled myself. The trouble is, google just waits to see.


Google sucks! My kitchen stove burned up yesterday. Figured it was time to replace it this time (over 30 years old...). The broiler element burned like a fuse. Nothing I could do, but watch... I could probably find a replacement, but it was tough last time. Lot of other issues, that weren't worth fixing. Anyhow, I Googled, hoping to find a simple/basic oven. Google, kept pushing a bunch of over-complicated crap, probably barely last the warranty. Why do you need WIFI or Alexa? Pretty stupid to leave the stove on unattended. At least be in the house, to hear smoke alarms... WTF does 'energy-effecient' mean, with a stove? You convert electricity to thermal energy to cook food. Still takes the same energy. And good god, if you are wasting a lot of escaped heat, you'll probably burn down a house or two. Digital temperature control, convection fans... Just more crap to fail, and need replacing, if you can find parts. Most likely, only available through their service department, and installed by their 'technicians'. Most like cost over half, of what the damn thing cost to begin with.

Yeah, I creatively edited the quote...
07-02-2022 20:19
keepit
★★★★★
(2560)
Gas,
You keep trying to pigeonhole me into a nonthinking for himself person. That's a misconception.
I try to use many sources of learning from many years back (i'm almost 80). I couldn't even tell you which learning source has the most influence.
07-02-2022 20:27
keepit
★★★★★
(2560)
ibd,
You keep arguing that i'm not a conservative. Half of the positions i agree with are conservative and half are liberal. Do you think that sort of a mentality is not thinking for oneself or do you think it is exclusively thinking liberal or conservative?
I'll answer for you - i'm independent if i were to vote, which i never have. I do arrive at the various positions by thinking differently than you young folks. Haven't you noticed that the old folks think differently than modern man? Watch old cowboy movies and you'll get an inkling of what i'm talking about.
You're right that you have detected that i don't think conservatively but nevertheless i've arrived at many conservative views.

Also, re your claim that i don't think for myself. As i've said, i have several conservative views. Can you tell the forum some of your liberal views if you have any or are you pigeonholed into strictly conservative thinking?
Edited on 07-02-2022 21:19
07-02-2022 21:36
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3132)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
You keep arguing that i'm not a conservative.

You are not a conservative. For one, a conservative recognizes that printing dollars increases the number of dollars.

keepit wrote:
Half of the positions i agree with are conservative and half are liberal.

Made up numbers. You are full of schiff again.

keepit wrote:
Do you think that sort of a mentality is not thinking for oneself or do you think it is exclusively thinking liberal or conservative?

It is pulling random numbers out of your ass... nothing more.

keepit wrote:
I'll answer for you - i'm independent

No, you aren't... You are totally DEPENDENT (on "authoritative sources" to do your thinking FOR you).

keepit wrote:
if i were to vote, which i never have.

There's always time to start doing your own thinking and to start voting for conservatives!


keepit wrote:
I do arrive the various positions by thinking differently than you young folks.

Define "you young folks". --- "Thinking differently" would require you to be thinking in the first place, something that you don't do because you outsource it to "authoritative sources".

keepit wrote:
Haven't you noticed that the old folks think differently than modern man?

Define "old folks". Define "modern man". No coherent thought presented.

keepit wrote:
Watch old cowboy movies and you'll get an inkling of what i'm talking about.

That will solve nothing. You need to present coherent thoughts.

keepit wrote:
You're right that you have detected that i don't think conservatively

I have detected that you don't think AT ALL. You outsource your thinking to "authoritative sources".

keepit wrote:
but nevertheless i've arrived at many conservative views.

You don't think, therefore you haven't arrived at ANY views. You simply parrot the views of "authoritative sources". There's good reason for using the term "NPC" with regard to such people.

keepit wrote:
Also, re your claim that i don't think for myself.

You don't.

keepit wrote:
As i've said, i have several conservative views.



keepit wrote:
Can you tell the forum some of your liberal views if you have any or are you pigeonholed into strictly conservative thinking?

I wish to conserve/preserve/defend the US Constitution (and the constitution of the State of Wisconsin).
07-02-2022 23:38
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18679)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:
For Better Interpretation of the body of threats "consult" with the experts. I googled myself. The trouble is, google just waits to see.


Google sucks! My kitchen stove burned up yesterday. Figured it was time to replace it this time (over 30 years old...). The broiler element burned like a fuse. Nothing I could do, but watch... I could probably find a replacement, but it was tough last time. Lot of other issues, that weren't worth fixing. Anyhow, I Googled, hoping to find a simple/basic oven. Google, kept pushing a bunch of over-complicated crap, probably barely last the warranty. Why do you need WIFI or Alexa? Pretty stupid to leave the stove on unattended. At least be in the house, to hear smoke alarms... WTF does 'energy-effecient' mean, with a stove? You convert electricity to thermal energy to cook food. Still takes the same energy. And good god, if you are wasting a lot of escaped heat, you'll probably burn down a house or two. Digital temperature control, convection fans... Just more crap to fail, and need replacing, if you can find parts. Most likely, only available through their service department, and installed by their 'technicians'. Most like cost over half, of what the damn thing cost to begin with.

Yeah, I creatively edited the quote...

Heh. It's getting harder to find just a basic appliance these days.
Try a Home Depot or Lowes, they usually have them tucked away in a corner somewhere in the back.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-02-2022 23:41
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18679)
keepit wrote:
Gas,
You keep trying to pigeonhole me into a nonthinking for himself person.

You have to think to think for yourself.
keepit wrote:
That's a misconception.

Trying to claim you can think, eh?
keepit wrote:
I try to use many sources of learning from many years back (i'm almost 80). I couldn't even tell you which learning source has the most influence.

None. Zero. Google is not a learning source. Neither is the Church of Global Warming.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-02-2022 23:45
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18679)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
You keep arguing that i'm not a conservative.

You aren't.
keepit wrote:
Half of the positions i agree with are conservative and half are liberal.

Lie. You are not a conservative.
keepit wrote:
Do you think that sort of a mentality is not thinking for oneself or do you think it is exclusively thinking liberal or conservative?

No. You're a twit driven by liberals.
keepit wrote:
I'll answer for you - i'm independent if i were to vote, which i never have.

Independent of what? Google? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
keepit wrote:
I do arrive at the various positions by thinking differently than you young folks. Haven't you noticed that the old folks think differently than modern man? Watch old cowboy movies and you'll get an inkling of what i'm talking about.

Life is not the movies, twit.
keepit wrote:
You're right that you have detected that i don't think conservatively but nevertheless i've arrived at many conservative views.

Such as?
keepit wrote:
Also, re your claim that i don't think for myself.

You don't think much at all.
keepit wrote:
As i've said, i have several conservative views.

Such as?
keepit wrote:
Can you tell the forum some of your liberal views if you have any or are you pigeonholed into strictly conservative thinking?

He doesn't have or want any. Neither do I.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-02-2022 00:44
keepit
★★★★★
(2560)
It sounds like you're 100% party line although i'm not sure which party.
Nevertheless, someone that is 100% party line doesn't think for them selves.

You asked for my conservative views. Well, for example, right to life, gun rights, anti mandates (vax and mask),etc. I do like mandatory auto liability insurance and laws that prevent people from hollering fire in a theatre. I support some degree of regulation of misinformation on the internet. It is a bit of a sticky wicket though.
Edited on 08-02-2022 00:59
08-02-2022 00:48
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4259)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
You keep arguing that i'm not a conservative. Half of the positions i agree with are conservative and half are liberal. Do you think that sort of a mentality is not thinking for oneself or do you think it is exclusively thinking liberal or conservative?
I'll answer for you - i'm independent if i were to vote, which i never have. I do arrive at the various positions by thinking differently than you young folks. Haven't you noticed that the old folks think differently than modern man? Watch old cowboy movies and you'll get an inkling of what i'm talking about.
You're right that you have detected that i don't think conservatively but nevertheless i've arrived at many conservative views.

Also, re your claim that i don't think for myself. As i've said, i have several conservative views. Can you tell the forum some of your liberal views if you have any or are you pigeonholed into strictly conservative thinking?


It's not that people think any differently, liberals, just don't care who knows what they think anymore. They don't think they've decayed decent morals and values enough, to come out of the 'closet'. There dirty little secrets, aren't whispers and giggles anymore, but demands for equality, and acceptance. Openly preaching socialism, and other immoral things, use to get them a beating, or worse.
08-02-2022 06:02
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2481)
keepit wrote:
It sounds like you're 100% party line

It sounds like you need to enroll in a reading comprehension program.

keepit wrote:
i'm not sure which party.

I don't give a squirt of piss about political party. The republican part has also been polluted. Mitch McConnel is a HUGE POS. Just defend the Constitution please.

keepit wrote:
Nevertheless, someone that is 100% party line doesn't think for them selves.

I'm almost sure you said you don't claim a political party....anyway...

keepit wrote:
You asked for my conservative views.

This should be good...

keepit wrote:
Well, for example, right to life,

Meaning what? Are you against abortion? Should it be illegal?

[b]keepit wrote:
gun rights[/b]

I can have a gun? Thanks. Can I own an AR-15? What about an AR-10? Google says they are 5 ARs safer that the AR-15. What say you? What about large magazines that carry 20 or more rounds? Is there a good limit to how many rounds I can carry? Can everyone have a gun? Age limits? Pistols? Rifles? Handguns? Bump stocks? Silencers?
What does it mean to be "for gun rights"?

keepit wrote:
anti mandates (vax and mask)

This is tough to believe after you came out in support of gov mandated 1/2 of everything we work, earn, purchase, and own. I do suppose 1/2 the masks and vax mandates would be a good thing...If we could cut it in 1/2 every day we'd be in good shape in a week or two.

keepit wrote:
and laws that prevent people from hollering fire in a theatre.

Common sense public safety laws are good. What do you suppose is going on in places like New York and Chicago? Why all the smash and grabs? What common sense law needs to be in place (or was it removed?) to stop this behavior?

keepit wrote:
I support some degree of regulation of misinformation on the internet.

This right here is why you are a hopelessly bleeding heart liberal. You want regulation of free speech. Take that shit and shove it up your backside.

Many good men fought and died for your right to say stupid shit. I defend your right to say stupid shit. Stupid shit the likes of silencing an opposing view is exactly the stupid shit that will start a civil war, you stupid shit.
08-02-2022 06:53
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11965)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
I support some degree of regulation of misinformation on the internet.

This right here is why you are a hopelessly bleeding heart liberal. You want regulation of free speech. Take that shit and shove it up your backside.

Many good men fought and died for your right to say stupid shit. I defend your right to say stupid shit. Stupid shit the likes of silencing an opposing view is exactly the stupid shit that will start a civil war, you stupid shit.

GasGuzzler, you have been making some of the most amazing posts as of late, and I have been remiss in not saying something sooner.

Your posts go beyond mere bonus points ... but since that's all I have, you're running quite a tab. Well done!
Attached image:

08-02-2022 09:08
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3975)
keepit wrote:...let me suggest that they see Dr. Frasier Crane...
The question am I, or are they, perceiving reality, is a good one.

Our society has addressed this issue:

The RULE OF LAW

If there is an allegation it can be "proven" in court. That is to the satisfaction of the court. When something, like election fraud, cannot be proven in court it is probably not true.

PEER REVIEW in scientific research

Peer reviewed scientific publications. In every branch of science and technology there is a peer review process where work can be published. Fellow scientists review the work and methodology and judge not if they agree with the conclusions but if they find the work competent, and if proper procedures were followed.

When people abandon these two tests of if information is BS or not it is usually because it is BS, or it's not BS, but they want to believe in their own take on it anyway.
08-02-2022 09:08
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3975)
keepit wrote:...let me suggest that they see Dr. Frasier Crane...
The question am I, or are they, perceiving reality, is a good one.

Our society has addressed this issue:

The RULE OF LAW

If there is an allegation it can be "proven" in court. That is to the satisfaction of the court. When something, like election fraud, cannot be proven in court it is probably not true.

PEER REVIEW in scientific research

Peer reviewed scientific publications. In every branch of science and technology there is a peer review process where work can be published. Fellow scientists review the work and methodology and judge not if they agree with the conclusions but if they find the work competent, and if proper procedures were followed.

When people abandon these two tests of if information is BS or not it is usually because it is BS, or it's not BS, but they want to believe in their own take on it anyway.
08-02-2022 11:12
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18679)
keepit wrote:
It sounds like you're 100% party line although i'm not sure which party.
Nevertheless, someone that is 100% party line doesn't think for them selves.

You asked for my conservative views.
Well, for example, right to life,

Who's life?
keepit wrote:
gun rights,

The word 'gun' does not appear anywhere in the Constitution. The word is 'Arms'. That means ANY weapon. It can be a baseball bat, a knife of any kind or style (including swords and various switchblades), any type of projectile weapon such as a crossbow, longbow, compound bow, any type of gun (including fully automatic actions, and including a magazine capacity of any size), any type of artillery (including cannon, mobile artillery such as tanks), any type of explosive (including nuclear bombs), or any type of rocket (including black powder, perchlorate or chlorate based formulas, and liquid fuels), or any other weapon.

You have already argued for limits (bans) on certain types of guns.

keepit wrote:
anti mandates (vax and mask),etc.

Decided to finally join the sensible and drop the BS?
keepit wrote:
I do like mandatory auto liability insurance

Unconstitutional. No constitution authorizes any government to require the purchase of any product.
keepit wrote:
and laws that prevent people from hollering fire in a theatre.

It is legal to yell, "Fire!" in a theater.
keepit wrote:
I support some degree of regulation of misinformation on the internet. It is a bit of a sticky wicket though.

Unconstitutional. The federal government is specifically prohibited from curtailing free speech.

Who decides whether something is 'misinformation'? You? Me? Some other random shmoe that happens to hold a college degree? The government?

That said, social media sites (including this one) enjoy the protections of Title 47, $230. This law protects social media sites from the opinions expressed by their users (the users themselves may face slander charges though!).

The moment a site imposes their own opinion in the name of the users, by either controlling their users opinions, or treating users unfairly due to their opinion (including dereferencing them, banning them, or limiting their access), they have LOST THE PROTECTION of $230. They are open to misrepresentation and slander lawsuits, and they should be sued.

The only exceptions are those actions used to keep the site free of spam, porn, breaking the law (only constitutional laws), slander, or posts that serve no purpose (denial of service attack...what a troll does) other than to harass or stalk.

People are free to leave Facebook for something like Parler (an equivalence type of service with no censorship), leave Youtube for something like Rumble (a video playback service with no censorship), leave Twitter for something like Gab (a twitter like service that has no censorship).

And people are doing just that. Facebook and Twitter is failing financially. They are quickly becoming as irrelevant as the printed newspaper.

Both Facebook and Twitter are open to slander suits as well as misrepresentation suits. They have both lost the protections of $230.

GoFundMe is open to lawsuits and criminal charges of fraud. They have collected money are are withholding it, not allowing the fundee to receive payments, and not giving funders their money back.

Fortunately, it too has been replaced by other crowd funding sites that do not censor.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-02-2022 11:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18679)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:...let me suggest that they see Dr. Frasier Crane...
The question am I, or are they, perceiving reality, is a good one.

Our society has addressed this issue:

The RULE OF LAW

If there is an allegation it can be "proven" in court. That is to the satisfaction of the court. When something, like election fraud, cannot be proven in court it is probably not true.

The existence of evidence does not require a court.
You cannot just wish the evidence of election fraud away.

tmiddles wrote:
PEER REVIEW in scientific research

Peer reviewed scientific publications. In every branch of science and technology there is a peer review process where work can be published.

Consensus is not used in science. Mantra 36a. There is no Elite voting body in science. A theory is not required to be published.
tmiddles wrote:
Fellow scientists review the work and methodology and judge not if they agree with the conclusions but if they find the work competent, and if proper procedures were followed.

Mantra 36a. There is no Elite voting body in science.
tmiddles wrote:
When people abandon these two tests of if information is BS or not it is usually because it is BS, or it's not BS, but they want to believe in their own take on it anyway.

No such test. There is no voting bloc in science.

Science is a set of falsifiable theories. The only requirement for any theory of science is that it be falsifiable.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-02-2022 11:34
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3975)
Into the Night wrote:...
You cannot just wish the evidence of election fraud away.....


So what process/method/mechanism would be appropriate/effective in your view?

In the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA how should something like that get figured out?

A crime...hmmmm...how could the commission of a crime be established beyond a reasonable doubt...?

Got to be something in our great country for that one.

No convictions here:
https://www.newsweek.com/arizona-closes-book-most-outstanding-2020-voter-fraud-cases-no-criminal-charges-filed-1669738

Convicted of voter fraud!!! (it does happen):
https://www.ebony.com/news/memphis-blm-founder-pamela-moses-sentenced-to-six-years-in-prison-for-voter-fraud/

More than once even:
https://www.newsweek.com/woman-pleads-guilty-casting-dead-mothers-2020-ballot-temporarily-loses-right-vote-1675168

But some things, even though they are online, didn't happen:


If you have a better way, other than the rule of law, I'd love to hear it.
Edited on 08-02-2022 11:35
08-02-2022 12:49
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18679)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:...
You cannot just wish the evidence of election fraud away.....


So what process/method/mechanism would be appropriate/effective in your view?


RQAA. I have already given some of the evidence to you.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-02-2022 12:57
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3975)
Into the Night wrote:
So what process...

RQAA. I have already given some of the evidence to you.[/quote]

So that's the process? Anonymous online posting?

Do you find courts to be of any value?

If so for what?
08-02-2022 15:29
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11965)
tmiddles wrote:Do you find courts to be of any value? If so for what?

Are you kidding me? Are you really going to rehash your argument that We the People shouldn't think for ourselves and instead should adopt the opinions the government (e.g. court) directs us to believe?

I bet your argument hasn't improved any.
08-02-2022 17:40
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2481)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
I support some degree of regulation of misinformation on the internet.

This right here is why you are a hopelessly bleeding heart liberal. You want regulation of free speech. Take that shit and shove it up your backside.

Many good men fought and died for your right to say stupid shit. I defend your right to say stupid shit. Stupid shit the likes of silencing an opposing view is exactly the stupid shit that will start a civil war, you stupid shit.

GasGuzzler, you have been making some of the most amazing posts as of late, and I have been remiss in not saying something sooner.

Your posts go beyond mere bonus points ... but since that's all I have, you're running quite a tab. Well done!


Thanks. A compliment from you is akin to being banned from YAP.

How is Victor these days? Anyone hassled him lately?


Studies show that if you force several tubs of peanut butter down the throats of newborns, in some cases it could potentially be toxic. In cities where infant-PB-stuffing is more common, infant deaths increased by over 47% with corresponding increases in dead-infant obesity.. -IBdaMann
08-02-2022 18:10
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3132)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
I support some degree of regulation of misinformation on the internet.

This right here is why you are a hopelessly bleeding heart liberal. You want regulation of free speech. Take that shit and shove it up your backside.

Many good men fought and died for your right to say stupid shit. I defend your right to say stupid shit. Stupid shit the likes of silencing an opposing view is exactly the stupid shit that will start a civil war, you stupid shit.

GasGuzzler, you have been making some of the most amazing posts as of late, and I have been remiss in not saying something sooner.

Your posts go beyond mere bonus points ... but since that's all I have, you're running quite a tab. Well done!

Those points are VERY well deserved! Great job Gas!
08-02-2022 18:18
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3132)
keepit wrote:
It sounds like you're 100% party line although i'm not sure which party.
Nevertheless, someone that is 100% party line doesn't think for them selves.

I do not support any political party. Both major parties here in the States are corrupt beyond repair (and Canada has the same issue).

Here in the States, the strategy of addressing this issue is to "cleanse" the Republican Party of all the RINOs within it (for example, in Washington's 3rd Congressional District, the goal is to cause Joe Kent (MAGA-WA) to defeat Jaime Beutler (Uniparty-DC) in the primary election (and then cause Joe to win the general election).

In Canada, the strategy of addressing this issue is to form a new political party altogether (called the People's Party of Canada). The PPC is Canada's version of the "MAGA movement".

I am a Conservative (and I am unified with the MAGA movement) ... I am NOT a Republican, even though I have exclusively voted for Republicans ever since I have been eligible to vote.

Ron Johnson (MAGA-WI) has my full support and vote for DC Senator come November. I will also make sure to vote for Kevin Nicholson (MAGA-WI) for State Governor in our upcoming primary election because I do NOT want Rebecca Kleefisch to win it (since she was endorsed by our worthless RINO State Assembly leader Robin Vos, and because Robin Vos told Kevin Nicholson to not run for Governor... **** Robin Vos... Kevin Nicholson has my full support now).

keepit wrote:
You asked for my conservative views. Well, for example, right to life, gun rights, anti mandates (vax and mask),etc.

Who's life? -- What do you mean by "gun rights"? --- Opposing vax and mask mandates is very sensible.

keepit wrote:
I do like mandatory auto liability insurance

Apparently auto insurance doesn't fall within your "anti mandates" stance, eh? Who are you to command me to purchase auto liability insurance?

keepit wrote:
and laws that prevent people from hollering fire in a theatre.

There is no such law. It is perfectly legal to holler 'fire' in a theatre.

keepit wrote:
I support some degree of regulation of misinformation on the internet. It is a bit of a sticky wicket though.

This alone makes you a flaming liberal. You wish to censor opposing viewpoints.
Edited on 08-02-2022 18:19
08-02-2022 18:33
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3132)
Into the Night wrote:
GoFundMe is open to lawsuits and criminal charges of fraud. They have collected money are are withholding it, not allowing the fundee to receive payments, and not giving funders their money back.

Fortunately, it too has been replaced by other crowd funding sites that do not censor.

Indeed. GoFundMe has dug their own grave with how they rejected the Trucker Freedom campaign but were perfectly fine with the BLM "mostly peaceful protest" campaign. It is criminal what they did with regard to "withholding funds and requiring a request for refund or else the money goes wherever THEY want it to go". People got pissed off about that and are choosing to instead do charge backs because that will cost GoFundMe money for each charge back. GoFundMe subsequently changed their policy and are now going to automatically return the funds (instead of forcing people to request for a return), probably because of all the charge backs.

The Trucker Freedom campaign has since moved over to GiveSendGo and has already raised well over $5 million, making it the largest campaign that GiveSendGo has ever had on their platform. In fact, over $4 million of that amount was raised in the first 24 hours alone. Between all of the people wanting to donate (and liberal bots causing havoc), the servers have been overwhelmed, but that's to be expected and is being addressed.

Then, the Trudeau Government, in all of their stupidity, got super pissy about Americans donating to the cause, which obviously caused A BUNCH of Americans to either start donating to it or even to "double down" and donate ANOTHER round of money to the cause. You don't tell freedom loving Americans to NOT do something, dude... They'll just double down on it.
08-02-2022 20:20
keepit
★★★★★
(2560)
itn,
Your interpretations of the constitution don't ring true to me.
Interpretations have changed through the years, sometimes based on the scotus' view of necessity and expediency.

Just because i agree with some censorship doesn't make me a flaming liberal. I wouldn't want to be a liberal. AOC is full of it if you ask me.

Try to calm down.

Do you welcome my right to make all my posts?

I just read some of your recent posts and it sounds to me that you are an AMATEUR.
Edited on 08-02-2022 20:42
08-02-2022 20:35
keepit
★★★★★
(2560)
Gas,
Words don't start civil wars. Weapons do. Who ever fires first starts it.
It's kind of like guns don't kill people, people do.
This might become clearer if russia and ukraine start fighting. The difference between words and guns as a trigger won't seem very relevant though, once the fighting starts.
I don't think china will be loyal to russia. china is loyal to itself. I think we should become friends with russia someday. We might need them. i wouldn't give them comfort right now though, until we stop being enemies.

You said, "many good men have fought and died for you right to say stupid shit."
Were you one of them?
Edited on 08-02-2022 20:38
08-02-2022 21:26
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11965)
keepit wrote:Gas, Words don't start civil wars. Weapons do.

keepit, words start wars. Weapons more or less end wars..

keepit wrote:Who ever fires first starts it.

He who fires first turns it from a cold war into a hot war.
Page 1 of 8123>>>





Join the debate misconceptions:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact