Remember me
▼ Content

Medicare

Medicare05-12-2020 23:35
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
I only watch broadcast TV at home, and since most of the political crap is over, the main commercials are for Medicare supplement insurance. I don't really understand, or care much about Medicare, still 10-15 years, before I need to think serious. There are 4-5 different companies, pushing their products, but they are real careful not to imply they are selling anything. They all remind that it's open enrollment, offer free benefits reviews, and offer all kinds of crazy savings, and addition benefits. If they were free, from the government, wouldn't they just be added on, no need to request them? Is supplemental insurance absolutely necessary? Just smells of scam to me, get old people to pay for something the don't need, or would seldom use.
06-12-2020 16:53
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I only watch broadcast TV at home, and since most of the political crap is over, the main commercials are for Medicare supplement insurance. I don't really understand, or care much about Medicare, still 10-15 years, before I need to think serious. There are 4-5 different companies, pushing their products, but they are real careful not to imply they are selling anything. They all remind that it's open enrollment, offer free benefits reviews, and offer all kinds of crazy savings, and addition benefits. If they were free, from the government, wouldn't they just be added on, no need to request them? Is supplemental insurance absolutely necessary? Just smells of scam to me, get old people to pay for something the don't need, or would seldom use.

The issue is if you have money and a credit rating rating. If not, then if you can't afford to pay your 20% copay on about all doctor visits, hospital stays and any related services, then it ending up on your credit report won't matter.
If you have a home or any 401K savings, then it might be worthwhile for healthcare providers to attach liens to whatever assets you have and require you to liquidate them.
Join the debate Medicare:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact