Remember me
▼ Content

Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Terrestrial Agroecosystems

Page 9 of 21<<<7891011>>>
20-04-2022 16:24
GretaGroupieProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(350)
Im a BM wrote:
Jamas me ocurrio crear ninguna obra de arte solamente para honrarte.

Seelover I do not know Italian so can you trasnlate this for me?

20-04-2022 16:26
(350)
IBdaMann wrote:
No te preocupes, nadie te espera tener nada de creatividad ni la tecnica para hacer nada. Que disfrutes el sitio, nada mas.

Oh no now everyone is talking in Italian.

And I thought climate change was hard to understand.

20-04-2022 16:33
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
Jamas me ocurrio crear ninguna obra de arte solamente para honrarte.

Seelover I do not know Italian so can you trasnlate this for me?

It's Spanish, by the way.

He's making a lame attempt to insult me. He is characterizing my graphics as "honoring" him, because he aspires to one day ascend to being a mere troll.

He then goes on to explain that it would never occur to him to honor me in the same way (by creating a graphic illustration) because I am not worth the effort.

In all fairness, what he wrote to me was a lot nicer than what I wrote to him. If you were to read what I wrote, you would have an example of me being "not nice."
20-04-2022 17:34
(350)
IBdaMann wrote:If you were to read what I wrote, you would have an example of me being "not nice."

I think you are nice but that seelover is just an unhappy person who does not know how to say nice things cause he is so unhappy that we do not beleve in climate change and that is okay cause you do not have to beleve in climate change to post here.

I still beleve in it sometimes but I am reading tranfs book for the third time (groan) like the prof told me to and I am still not sure what he is saying but he is not talking about Greta or climate change so I think he may have changed his minde too.

Did you read his book?

20-04-2022 18:54
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Swan wrote:
Well fool if you never voted you have no right to put trump down. Got that shithead?

Oh my it looks like someone put their grumpy pants on today but I am happy for you Swan cause it meens you remembered to put your pants on today and your allshimer is not acting up.

I know how much you like to talk about AIDS so I have a AIDS joke to make you feel less grumpy and this is it:

Knock, knock, if gay peolpe get AIDS then what do rich people get?

(i like to start jokes with knock, knock but you do not have to say who is there)

LOL go manage your 6 tables in the Burger King
20-04-2022 19:54
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
GretaGroupie wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:If you were to read what I wrote, you would have an example of me being "not nice."

I think you are nice but that seelover is just an unhappy person who does not know how to say nice things cause he is so unhappy that we do not beleve in climate change and that is okay cause you do not have to beleve in climate change to post here.

I still beleve in it sometimes but I am reading tranfs book for the third time (groan) like the prof told me to and I am still not sure what he is saying but he is not talking about Greta or climate change so I think he may have changed his minde too.

Did you read his book?

Omg your posts are so confusing!

What is a beleve? And what is a minde? And who is tranf?

20-04-2022 20:18
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
Spongy Iris wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:

Did you read his book?

She is deliberately acting stupid in order to make herself more believable.

Not happening though.
20-04-2022 22:27
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
Spongy Iris wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:

Did you read his book?

Why do you make fun of her?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-04-2022 23:03
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:

Did you read his book?

Why do you make fun of her?

You mean him naturally
21-04-2022 16:38
(350)
Spongy Iris wrote:

Sorry Spongy but I only did the 6 grade but I am trying to spell better.

Trafn used to post here but he went crazy and wrote a book about Greta that is not about Greta and it is not about climate change and I do not think he likes Greta.

I am reading it for the third time (groan) and still do not get it.

21-04-2022 16:49
(350)
Swan wrote:
You mean him naturally

Her on top and him on the bottom but mostly her when I am at the diner.

I am going him when I hitch a ride to the club this weekend but I will be her while I am in the city and I will remind you before I go so you will remember that I will be away this weekend.

21-04-2022 18:40
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Swan wrote:
You mean him naturally

Her on top and him on the bottom but mostly her when I am at the diner.

I am going him when I hitch a ride to the club this weekend but I will be her while I am in the city and I will remind you before I go so you will remember that I will be away this weekend.

You clearly need to take more drugs
21-04-2022 18:49
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Sorry Spongy but I only did the 6 grade but I am trying to spell better.

Trafn used to post here but he went crazy and wrote a book about Greta that is not about Greta and it is not about climate change and I do not think he likes Greta.

I am reading it for the third time (groan) and still do not get it.

1. Who is Trafn?
2. How do you know they are crazy
3. What is the ISBN number and title of this book
4. Please change your meds
22-04-2022 16:16
(350)
Swan wrote:
1. Who is Trafn?

Oh Swan every one knows trafn went crazy here a million years ago but he wrote a book called Letters to Greta that is not about climate change and not about Greta and he does not even like Greta but the prof said I have to read again (groan) so I am trying but I still do not get it.

I do not think you will like this book but it is on amazon if you want to try.

RE: Soil Salinization and the Downfall of Civilizations.22-04-2022 20:50
sealover
★★★★☆
(1239)
Soil Salinization and the Downfall of Civilizations.

As soil minerals weather, sodium and chlorine contained in the solid mineral matrix are released as sodium and chloride ions. Salt.

The climate was different 4000 years ago. The historic timeline for the cycle of glacier/sea level rise and fall was in a very different position.

Mesopotamia and northern China got plenty of rainfall in those days.

No need for irrigation. Plenty of rain for the wheat crops, rinsing out the newest salts formed, and bringing in no new salt in the process.

Then it got drier.

This could well have been the birth of large scale civilization.

Wheat couldn't grow without irrigation water being brought in from the nearest river.

Distant villages all had to cooperate for the construction and maintenance of canals and drainage ditches. It could only be accomplished with a powerful central government.

They learned how to periodically flood the fields with excess irrigation water to wash out the salt.

It was successful for a long time, but the climate kept getting drier in those regions.

Eventually, there was just too much salt to deal with, and large areas of cropland were abandoned. Civilizations fell.

When large scale agriculture came to the San Joaquin Valley, it was already too dry for rain to support crops and rinse out excess salt.

Drainage ditches at lower elevation than irrigation ditches took the salt enriched water from from the fields, and then it was pumped uphill into surface water.

But they already knew that it was salting up the San Joaquin River, so they created a special canal just for the drainage water and sent it all the Kesterson Slough.

They built a giant toilet and started using it.

But they never finished the building the plumbing.

It was supposed to all drain into the San Francisco Bay, but it never got there.

They still keep using the toilet, filling the Kesteron Slough with farm salts.

Eventually, migratory birds started dying off from selenium poisoning.

Don't worry. Scientists are working on it.

But that first pulse of effluent to the San Francisco Bay will be DEADLY, and they are still figuring out how they will control it for minimum damage.

22-04-2022 21:04
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
sealover wrote:

As soil minerals weather, sodium and chlorine contained in the solid mineral matrix are released as sodium and chloride ions. Salt.

The climate was different 4000 years ago. The historic timeline for the cycle of glacier/sea level rise and fall was in a very different position.

No need for irrigation. Plenty of rain for the wheat crops, rinsing out the newest salts formed, and bringing in no new salt in the process.

Then it got drier.

Wheat couldn't grow without irrigation water being brought in from the nearest river.

Distant villages all had to cooperate for the construction and maintenance of canals and drainage ditches. It could only be accomplished with a powerful central government.

They learned how to periodically flood the fields with excess irrigation water to wash out the salt.

It was successful for a long time, but the climate kept getting drier in those regions.

Eventually, there was just too much salt to deal with, and large areas of cropland were abandoned. Civilizations fell.

When large scale agriculture came to the San Joaquin Valley, it was already too dry for rain to support crops and rinse out excess salt.

Drainage ditches at lower elevation than irrigation ditches took the salt enriched water from from the fields, and then it was pumped uphill into surface water.

But they already knew that it was salting up the San Joaquin River, so they created a special canal just for the drainage water and sent it all the Kesterson Slough.

It was supposed to all drain into the San Francisco Bay, but it never got there.

But that first pulse of effluent to the San Francisco Bay will be DEADLY, and they are still figuring out how they will control it for minimum damage.

Wow, didn't even know they had biogeochemists 4,000 years ago. Always thought it was a recent sect of climatology. But, as always, feces-science. You do realize that table salt NaCl, is just one of many salts that form naturally. I don't think the alchemists of the period knew those things. They were more interested in transmuting lead into gold, and the Elixir of Life, to care why the peasants had trouble feeding themselves. Bred like liberals anyway...
22-04-2022 22:25
(21588)
sealover wrote:

Sodium and chloride ions is not salt. Minerals don't 'weather'.
Sodium chloride is common salt. It is but one of many salts.
sealover wrote:

How do you know? Were you there?
sealover wrote:

sealover wrote:

What salt?
sealover wrote:
Then it got drier.

Compared to what? From when to when? Define 'got drier'.
sealover wrote:

sealover wrote:

Wheat grows just fine without irrigation water in many places.
sealover wrote:

No need. Each village built their own, if they built them at all.
sealover wrote:

What salt?
sealover wrote:

Void argument fallacy. You are going to have to define 'drier'. From when to when? Why are those two points in time significant? Why are any other two points in time NOT significant?

Define 'drier'.

sealover wrote:

What salt? Civilizations don't fall because of salt. Ranches and farms in the San Joaquin valley are being abandoned because of oppressive laws and from mismanagement of water in the SDTC, not because of salt.
sealover wrote:

Is that why it was so productive???!? You're a moron, dude.
sealover wrote:

What salt enriched water? Farms and ranches used water collected upstream. No pumping needed. The SDTC no longer collects that water, and destroyed the dams that were used to collect it.
sealover wrote:

Not the purpose of that canal.
sealover wrote:

You don't even understand the plumbing.
sealover wrote:

What salts?
sealover wrote:

Is that why they are still migrating?
sealover wrote:

Working on what?
sealover wrote:

Damage from what? Where are all these salts you keep making up stories about?
sealover wrote:

Obviously, you've never been to the desert and seen the huge cities people have built there.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
22-04-2022 22:55
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:
sealover wrote:

Then it got drier.

Wow, didn't even know they had biogeochemists 4,000 years ago. Always thought it was a recent sect of climatology. But, as always, feces-science. You do realize that table salt NaCl, is just one of many salts that form naturally. I don't think the alchemists of the period knew those things. They were more interested in transmuting lead into gold, and the Elixir of Life, to care why the peasants had trouble feeding themselves. Bred like liberals anyway...

What alchemists?

The word 'alchemy' appeared around 300AD. That is less than 2000 years ago.
There is no text from 4000 years ago describing anything like chemistry or alchemy.

The ancient Egyptians would use cosmetics made from natural sources (not always safe ones!).

About the closest they came to alchemy or chemistry was the production of bronze, a simple alloy of copper and tin. They knew enough about fire and using blowtubes to make the temperature high enough to melt copper, tin, and gold (which was used as jewelry, until about 300BC, where it was also used as money.

And they knew how make beer and bake bread (also chemistry).

They didn't understand it as chemistry or alchemy, of course. It was just cooking and weapons making to them.

Their fundamental elements mirrored that of those found all over Asia: earth, water, air, fire, and spirit.

The ancient Egyptians worshiped the Sun, which they called 'Ra' (an elaborate eye was used to represent Ra usually, but also a picture of the Sun was used. Beyond this, they also practiced some elements of what today is called Shinto, a religion that believes a god or demon exists in everyday objects, especially if that object was unusual in some way.

Shinto itself is practiced all across Asia even today, and among many indian (American) and polynesian people. Quite a few Americans believe in Shinto as well.

(Shinto is the Japanese name for this belief system).

So there was no alchemy during those times, at least none that was recorded.

The idea of trying to turn base metal into gold was popular during the medieval period. The stories of wizards (men of great knowledge) came into being during that time as well. They were the few that traveled the dangerous roads in search of writings from before the Dark Ages, what little of it that survived, now kept in hard to get to monasteries.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 22-04-2022 23:01
23-04-2022 00:06
(14389)
squeal over wrote:As soil minerals weather,

What is this supposed to mean? Do they rust?

squeal over wrote:The climate was different 4000 years ago.

Which climate?

Wait, are you pretending that the earth has, and always had, only one global climate?

(sigh)

squeal over wrote: The historic timeline for the cycle of glacier/sea level rise and fall was in a very different position.

There isn't any such timeline. There is no evidence that the ocean level has risen or lowered discernibly, ... ever.

squeal over wrote:Mesopotamia and northern China got plenty of rainfall in those days.

You know this because you are omniscient and you travel through time.

squeal over wrote:This could well have been the birth of large-scale civilization.

Villages of hundreds of people? I'm beginning to see how your avoidance of defining terms effectively hides your shame in your WACKY beliefs.

squeal over wrote:It was successful for a long time, but the climate kept getting drier in those regions.

Too funny! I see why you post here on this site, i.e. so that you can fulfill your need to post your WACKY delusional schyyyyt and not have many other warmizombies see what you post, lest they publicly pull your membership card.

squeal over wrote:Eventually, there was just too much salt to deal with,

... and they were apparently too stupid to just sell it.

squeal over wrote: Civilizations fell.

Many civilizations have fallen. This was not the reason.

squeal over wrote:When large scale agriculture came to the San Joaquin Valley, it was already too dry for rain to support crops

Yeah, there was no way the San Joaquin valley could support agriculture.

They were stupid for even trying!

squeal over wrote:But they already knew that it was salting up the San Joaquin River,

If the river was "salting up", you'd think the EPA would have at least made mention of it ... but nary a word. Nor does the SAN JOAQUIN RIVER PARKWAY MASTER PLAN UPDATE MARCH 2018 FINAL EIR STATE CLEARINGHOUSE NO. 2013061035 even contain one instance of the word "salt."

No mention of salt whatsoever. Hmmmmmm.

squeal over wrote:They built a giant toilet and started using it.

Do you really want to go on record as not being smart enough to know the difference between imaginary salt and sewage? Do you see septic tanks wherever you look?

squeal over wrote:Don't worry. Scientists are working on it.

Don't you mean "engineers"? Only someone who doesn't even know what science is, and who thinks it is the same thing as engineering would confuse the two. Such a person would presumably have to rely on copy-paste to craft posts.

squeal over wrote:Soil Salinization and the Downfall of Civilizations.

I did notice that civilization fell. I'm going to miss it.
RE: Even Half of the Nile Delta Dried Up23-04-2022 02:45
sealover
★★★★☆
(1239)
Even Half of the Nile Delta Dried Up

Humans drew pictures of lakes and wildlife in the Sahara 7000 years ago.

North Africa got a lot more rain in those days.

The Nile Delta received a lot more river water.

Humans were recording the history as nearly half the cropland in the Nile Delta had to be abandoned.

Farming the remaining half required a new network of canals to bring in irrigation water. Annual flooding no longer did the job.

At least they still had a river to work with.

Having to construct a large scale water transport system forced them to work together across tribal boundaries under a large central government.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IBdaMann wrote:
I did notice
23-04-2022 05:22
(14389)
sealover wrote:Humans drew pictures of lakes and wildlife in the Sahara 7000 years ago.

Comparable to medium-resolution JPEGs. It falls under "what we know."

sealover wrote:North Africa got a lot more rain in those days.

They were among the first to use satellites to measure global rainfall.

sealover wrote:The Nile Delta received a lot more river water.

... whose alkalinity had not been depleted.

sealover wrote:Humans were recording the history as nearly half the cropland in the Nile Delta had to be abandoned.

There's no denying it. If only any of that recording had survived, that would have been great! At least we have proxy measures and we have The Data.

sealover wrote:Farming the remaining half required a new network of canals to bring in irrigation water. Annual flooding no longer did the job.

The answer was simple. They exploded the methane reservoirs and had the resulting greenhouse effect melt all the glaciers which drained onto their farmland. They bottled what they did not use for their crops.

Genius!

25-04-2022 17:44
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Swan wrote:
1. Who is Trafn?

Oh Swan every one knows trafn went crazy here a million years ago but he wrote a book called Letters to Greta that is not about climate change and not about Greta and he does not even like Greta but the prof said I have to read again (groan) so I am trying but I still do not get it.

I do not think you will like this book but it is on amazon if you want to try.

Actually not everyone knows that..................

So did you catch AIDS at the tranny farm?
25-04-2022 23:15
(21588)
sealover wrote:
Even Half of the Nile Delta Dried Up

Humans drew pictures of lakes and wildlife in the Sahara 7000 years ago.

North Africa got a lot more rain in those days.

The Nile Delta received a lot more river water.

Humans were recording the history as nearly half the cropland in the Nile Delta had to be abandoned.

Farming the remaining half required a new network of canals to bring in irrigation water. Annual flooding no longer did the job.

At least they still had a river to work with.

Having to construct a large scale water transport system forced them to work together across tribal boundaries under a large central government.

https://reliefweb.int/report/sudan/nile-water-level-breaks-record-sudan

Sure doesn't look like it's drying up to me.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 25-04-2022 23:18
26-04-2022 02:25
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
The Nile flooding every year, was great for crops, but tended to destroy everything else... People kind of like living near there food sources... Getting your home, everything you own, destroyed every few years, when the Nile had a major flooding event, would have plunged most farmers back into poverty. Not real profitable land. Moving water away from the flood zone, gives more control and security. They wouldn't lose everything, as often, and could build and grow,
26-04-2022 03:26
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
HarveyH55 wrote:
The Nile flooding every year, was great for crops, but tended to destroy everything else... People kind of like living near there food sources... Getting your home, everything you own, destroyed every few years, when the Nile had a major flooding event, would have plunged most farmers back into poverty. Not real profitable land. Moving water away from the flood zone, gives more control and security. They wouldn't lose everything, as often, and could build and grow,

What are you talking about, if not for Nile floods there would be no farmers in the area
26-04-2022 03:32
(14389)
Into the Night wrote:
sealover wrote:Even Half of the Nile Delta Dried Up ... At least they still had a river to work with.
Sure doesn't look like it's drying up to me.

Wait! Where's the water? There's supposed to be water. Where did it go?

I guess we should lament the Nile water disappearing like Dominican coral reefs.

26-04-2022 15:51
(350)
Swan wrote:

So IBM told me and now I told you so now you know (try not to forget
)

27-04-2022 14:54
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Swan wrote:

)

Actually not everyone knows that.................. or are you claiming that 3 people are everyone?

You get an AIDS test yet?
27-04-2022 17:51
(350)
Swan wrote:

Swan you are so interested in sex and I am going to share some p-tute wisdum with you to not get aids and see the raincoat in the pic and that is how you put it in your mouth with you tung in the middle and then use your lips to push the raincoat over the clients wee-wee so you never touch it and do not get aids and use a lubricated raincoat so it slides on easy.

27-04-2022 18:12
(21588)
Swan wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
Swan wrote:

)

Actually not everyone knows that.................. or are you claiming that 3 people are everyone?

Did you get a reading comprehension test yet?

The Parrot Killer

27-04-2022 22:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Swan wrote:

Swan you are so interested in sex and I am going to share some p-tute wisdum with you to not get aids and see the raincoat in the pic and that is how you put it in your mouth with you tung in the middle and then use your lips to push the raincoat over the clients wee-wee so you never touch it and do not get aids and use a lubricated raincoat so it slides on easy.

Never used a condom here, but then I am married. You on the other hand do not need condoms because you never have sex.

Denial, see a shrink
27-04-2022 22:18
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
Swan wrote:

)

Again the World population is 7.9 billion people, so everyone is certainly not here. That said here is a reading comprehension test for you

https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2951&context=reading_horizons
28-04-2022 00:09
(21588)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
Swan wrote:

)

Again the World population is 7.9 billion people, so everyone is certainly not here. That said here is a reading comprehension test for you

https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2951&context=reading_horizons

Take it. You still think someone is talking for everyone.

The Parrot Killer

28-04-2022 00:37
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
Swan wrote:

)

Take it. You still think someone is talking for everyone.

That was a very sad retort, that said there is no rule not permitting you to ask your Mommy for help when you get linguistically frustrated.

Now if you dare you can sharpen your skills with this quiz.

https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=retarded-test_1
28-04-2022 00:39
(14389)
Swan wrote:Never used a condom here, but then I am married. You on the other hand do not need condoms because you never have sex.

What about Greta? Does she use condoms? Does she use Gretylactics?
Attached image:

28-04-2022 01:32
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Never used a condom here, but then I am married. You on the other hand do not need condoms because you never have sex.

What about Greta? Does she use condoms? Does she use Gretylactics?

OK ya made me laugh there
28-04-2022 01:49
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Terrestrial Agroecosystems to Greta flavoured condoms.I love humans
28-04-2022 15:43
(350)
IBdaMann wrote:

A Gretadom - how cool - does it come in any flavors?

28-04-2022 18:50
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
GretaGroupie wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Yea little pee pee and little poo poo
28-04-2022 21:15
(14389)
GretaGroupie wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I believe there is quite an assortment.
Attached image:

Page 9 of 21<<<7891011>>>

Join the debate Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Terrestrial Agroecosystems:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Happy fourth of July. I wonder how many liberals are eating carbon cooked burgers106-07-2023 23:52
Uses for solid carbon3006-07-2023 23:51
Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Wetlands9623-06-2023 14:49
Biden wants to force 'carbon capture'821-06-2023 12:55
Carbon losses from soil predicted to enhance climate change5216-06-2023 09:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact