Remember me
▼ Content

Manual Way To Stop Climate Change?

Manual Way To Stop Climate Change?20-11-2013 06:09
bitshirehashaway
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
Hello everyone,
This is just a curiosity question. I know we can reduce our emissions and all that, but is there a manual way to reduce the global warming / climate change that has already happened. Can we manually remove CO2 from the atmosphere and maybe convert it into solid carbon to be stored somewhere and oxygen - is it feasible - is there any other way to do this - is it even worth considering?
22-11-2013 19:47
JamesNewell
☆☆☆☆☆
(8)
Nobody has an inexpensive enough proposal at the moment, but of course it is worth doing research on.

Jim
03-12-2013 11:31
PeterOleKvint
☆☆☆☆☆
(5)
Solid carbon is coal and crude oil.

It seems strange that you have to use coal and oil to store carbon.

If you send a large balloon in the air at the equator, filled with sulfur then you will be able to cool the earth disastrous.
01-01-2014 08:39
BrettByers
☆☆☆☆☆
(3)
Let deforested areas regrow. Can remove over 100 tons of carbon dioxide per acre.
12-01-2014 06:20
Magic Mike
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
Agree Brett. Regrowth. Trees store carbon in their trunks.
13-01-2014 06:47
BrettByers
☆☆☆☆☆
(3)
Prevention of deforestation is also a very cost effective way to prevent emissions of CO2. Here is a very cost effective project: http://www.rainforesttrust.org/acres-for-50cents/ . I note, as full disclosure, that I am a director of the Rainforest Trust and a substantial donor to this project. Naturally, I would encourage folks to join me in supporting this project. For the cost of a cup of coffee, you can prevent over 1000 tons of CO2 emissions via this project.
05-10-2017 04:39
ChristianC123
☆☆☆☆☆
(6)
CDR methods refers to a number of technologies which reduce the levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Among such technologies are bio-energy with carbon capture and storage, biochar, direct air capture, ocean fertilization and enhanced weathering.f we have put too much CO2 into the air, wouldn't it make sense to find ways to remove it again? Well, yes: it would. But sadly it isn't likely to be easy or cheap and, according to new research, it isn't an adequate "solution" to the problems of climate change.

Regards,
Christian
05-10-2017 19:58
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
bitshirehashaway wrote:
Hello everyone,
This is just a curiosity question. I know we can reduce our emissions and all that, but is there a manual way to reduce the global warming / climate change that has already happened. Can we manually remove CO2 from the atmosphere and maybe convert it into solid carbon to be stored somewhere and oxygen - is it feasible - is there any other way to do this - is it even worth considering?

Why bother? CO2 does not warm the Earth. It can't.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
05-10-2017 19:59
(21559)
PeterOleKvint wrote:
Solid carbon is coal and crude oil.

It seems strange that you have to use coal and oil to store carbon.

If you send a large balloon in the air at the equator, filled with sulfur then you will be able to cool the earth disastrous.

A balloon filled with sulfur isn't going to float.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
05-10-2017 20:00
(21559)
BrettByers wrote:
Let deforested areas regrow. Can remove over 100 tons of carbon dioxide per acre.

Farmers plant forests every year.

Carbon dioxide does not need to be removed. It does not warm the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

05-10-2017 20:02
(21559)
ChristianC123 wrote:
CDR methods refers to a number of technologies which reduce the levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Among such technologies are bio-energy with carbon capture and storage, biochar, direct air capture, ocean fertilization and enhanced weathering.f we have put too much CO2 into the air, wouldn't it make sense to find ways to remove it again? Well, yes: it would. But sadly it isn't likely to be easy or cheap and, according to new research, it isn't an adequate "solution" to the problems of climate change.

Regards,
Christian

There is no problem with 'cilmate change'. You guys can't even define 'climate change'.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Manual Way To Stop Climate Change?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
How exactly does an entire message board stop posting?2623-12-2023 02:25
The Book That Will Stop All War Instantly: New Creation New Society New World By Bodhi Udumbara1006-03-2023 05:33
Do not engage the target, as he might actually shut up and stop divulging info1017-02-2023 20:50
Go Fund Me pitch for troll-infested website vermin eradication program manual6022-04-2022 16:56
stop3128-02-2022 16:39
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact