Remember me
▼ Content

Man-made climate change and why you're a moron!

Man-made climate change and why you're a moron!07-10-2015 15:02
trafnProfile picture★★★☆☆
(779)
Hello everyone, and welcome to my new thread: Man-made climate change and why you're a moron!

Now normally I'd never even think of starting something like this, but if you've looked around at other threads on this website lately, you'll notice that many of them are clogged up with a lot of vitriolic posts that have little to do with the intended content of those threads, and more to do with character assassination and shooting the messenger.

While it'd be nice to think that we could all just carry on scientific discourse in a rational, polite manner, let's face it, this is a highly emotionally charged issue, and every so often we're all likely to boil over a bit. Of course one way of dealing with those who post these kind of anger-laden responses would be to expel them from the website. However, if this tactic were to be employed, sooner or later we'd likely all be kicked off and there'd be nothing left here except empty vacuous space.

I thought a better approach would be to dedicate a single thread as a place where we can all go to just blow off some steam. Remember, there's a reason buildings have bathrooms: so you can get rid of your shit without making everyone else look at it. Think of this thread as a kind of virtual bathroom where you can unload at your leisure without dumping all over the rest of the website (sort of like the French used to do in Versailles before the invention of bathrooms... you did know that the French shat and pissed all over their great palace after it was first built, including the famed Hall of Mirrors... oh well, sorry I brought it up then).

Anyways, the next time you're thinking of responding to a post by relieving yourself all over someone else, instead of stinking up another thread, why not just post an invitation like this:

Hello there! I Just read your most recent post here, and I'd like to share some special thoughts with you. How about joining me at "Man-made climate change and why you're a moron." See you there!

Personally, except to stop in every so often for a giggle, I'm not going to be monitoring this thread, so have at it. Keep in mind, though, that this website does still have rules you should probably pay attention to, lest you get your rowdy butts booted out of here. But besides that, strap on those virtual boxing gloves, go at it, and have a good time you knuckleheads!
Edited on 07-10-2015 15:03
07-10-2015 15:41
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14407)
trafn wrote:While it'd be nice to think that we could all just carry on scientific discourse in a rational, polite manner, let's face it, this is a highly emotionally charged issue, and every so often we're all likely to boil over a bit.

One would be mistaken to think that we could somehow have a scientific discussion about unfalsifiable religious dogma with religious zealots. Are you so naive as to think that an atheist scientist could have a rational, polite scientific discussion about the "effectiveness of prayer" and "age of the earth" with a firebrand fundamentalist Christian? Are you so naive as to think that an atheist scientist could have a rational, polite scientific discussion about the "greenhouse effect" and "climate forcing" with a scientifically illiterate firebrand Marxist?

I'm going to presume you are smarter than that. Of course it gets nasty. Science has that effect on the religious. It instills fear and riles religious sensitivities.

Maybe we could start a drive to tell the religious hot-heads to cool it on the faith and to stop attacking the messenger when science is presented. Once they drag the discussion into the muck, it gets mucky. How about create a "Science Zone" whereby only science is permitted and not religious dogmababble (of course I and maybe one or two others would be the only ones posting in it).

trafn wrote: I thought a better approach would be to dedicate a single thread as a place where we can all go to just blow off some steam.

So, should I tee-off on Marxists while I'm at it?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-10-2015 17:38
(779)
Hi IBdaMann,

As far as teeing-off goes, have at it! This is the place!
08-10-2015 16:05
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)

09-10-2015 12:17
EarthlingProfile picture★☆☆☆☆
(107)
trafn wrote:
Hello everyone, and welcome to my new thread: Man-made climate change and why you're a moron!

But besides that, strap on those virtual boxing gloves, go at it, and have a good time you knuckleheads!
How to bring yourself down to their level in one easy lesson.

"We have a vested interest in creating panic, because then money will flow to climate science." John Christy
09-10-2015 20:44
(779)
Oh come now Earthling, this thread is a beast feast for all those pent up frustrations you've been unloading elsewhere all over this website. Let loose! Have some fun for a change!

09-10-2015 22:16
EarthlingProfile picture★☆☆☆☆
(107)
No frustration here, old bean, I'm happy, warm and comfortable, celebrating my 27th year of retirement.
09-10-2015 23:59
(779)
Oh, so it's the short-sighted, 1%, I won't be around when the shit hits the fan syndrome, huh?

By the way, what'd you do while you were working?
Edited on 10-10-2015 00:06

Join the debate Man-made climate change and why you're a moron!:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
22 Reasons to be Skeptical of Man-Made Global Warming4724-04-2024 10:37
Pro-Palestinian protester arrested in death of Jewish man Paul Kessler. Told you so.016-11-2023 21:56
BREAKING NEWS- Woody Harrelson voted in as new Worlds smartest man003-03-2023 15:29
Man freed from jail for committing a crime that never even happened. LOL they tried that with me too316-02-2023 19:01
Man's energy use actually does explain climate change1809-02-2023 03:27
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact