Remember me
▼ Content

Magnetic Field and Pole Reversal

Magnetic Field and Pole Reversal20-03-2017 11:21
ipur
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
I'm no scientist but I started this thread so that I can reach someone who is more knowledgeable about this topic.

I have read somewhere that Magnetic Field of Earth and Sun are related. That if the magnetic field of the sun weakens, the magnetic field of the earth also weakens. With a weakened magnetic field, particles from space could easily penetrate our atmosphere thereby affecting our weather. Is the described wild jet streaming is something a result of this scenario?

However, another relation was stated that with a weaker magnetic field of the earth, the volcanoes becomes active. And since there are undersea volcanoes, is the heating of the seas (EL Nino Phenomenon) near the equator has something to do with undersea volcanoes becoming active?

I also heard that a weakened magnetic field is a sign that pole reversal is about to happen soon? I heard that the pole is now moving fast than a century ago. Could the surfacing of undersea mammals has something to do with this? I heard that their brains are sensitive to the magnetic lines of our planet? That any changes they can easily detect...

Hope anyone can your share thoughts and ideas about this... Thank you very much in advance...
Edited on 20-03-2017 11:26
20-03-2017 17:01
still learning
★★☆☆☆
(244)
ipur wrote:
.....I have read somewhere ...

Read elsewhere.
20-03-2017 17:16
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
still learning wrote:
ipur wrote:

Read elsewhere.

Perhaps you're grasping at straws to try and get the arguments to slow down an think. I don't think that you're going to be able to achieve that.

The magnetic field of the Sun has little to do with the magnetic field of the Earth though certainly the magnetic field of the Sun has a lot to do with the particles that escape the Sun and strike the outer magnetic field of the Earth.

The Earth's magnetic field is generated by the Earth's molten interior spinning at a different rate than the mantle. And this is caused more by gravity of the Sun than it's magnetic field.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth's_magnetic_field
Edited on 20-03-2017 17:19
20-03-2017 18:49
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Wake wrote:
still learning wrote:
ipur wrote:

Read elsewhere.

Perhaps you're grasping at straws to try and get the arguments to slow down an think. I don't think that you're going to be able to achieve that.

The magnetic field of the Sun has little to do with the magnetic field of the Earth though certainly the magnetic field of the Sun has a lot to do with the particles that escape the Sun and strike the outer magnetic field of the Earth.

The Earth's magnetic field is generated by the Earth's molten interior spinning at a different rate than the mantle. And this is caused more by gravity of the Sun than it's magnetic field.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth's_magnetic_field

Quite right. Also, several animals (mostly birds) do have a kind of 'magnetic compass' built into them. The sense the same thing we see with our navigation instruments, but cruder. A bit like where we can tell where the Sun generally is in the sky when our eyes are closed.

Like our own compasses, the magnetic field of Earth is been pretty stable. There seems to be no indication of any radical weakening as is suggested. I don't think we have to really concern ourselves with it.

Assuming it DOES happen, the reversal will mostly mess up our navigation charts. The field is still there, just distorted. It still deflects the solar wind. The field never drops to zero, just moves around as multiple poles until they settle into their new alignment.

This is also the same way the Sun's magnetic field changes, which happens pretty much every 11 years.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate Magnetic Field and Pole Reversal:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Is Western Arctic Warming related to Magnetic Pole Movement?817-03-2020 03:59
The field of carbon sequestration?706-08-2019 19:17
Indonesia Field Report On Wildlife Trafficking And Illegal Fishing As The Last Twitch? Discussed By Crown311-04-2018 03:27
It's Going to Be the Warmest Christmas at the North Pole Ever628-12-2016 18:53
What if Greenland Was on the North Pole?2322-02-2016 15:42
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact