Remember me
▼ Content

Live: The US-Japan Trade Agreement

Live: The US-Japan Trade Agreement07-10-2019 22:59
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14404)
I'm watching the live stream right now. People are still milling about waiting for Trump to enter and sign some treaties.

So, how does this relate to Climate Change?

The grand answer is THAT IT WON'T! ... which is a much bigger statement about the future of the Climate Change religion.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-10-2019 23:01
(14404)
IBdaMann wrote:
I'm watching the live stream right now. People are still milling about waiting for Trump to enter and sign some treaties.

So, how does this relate to Climate Change?

The grand answer is THAT IT WON'T! ... which is a much bigger statement about the future of the Climate Change religion.

My timing is excellent! Trump just walked in, is now shaking hands and I'll keep you posted on the Climate avoidance.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-10-2019 23:07
(14404)
I heard the complete elimination of Japan's tariffs on American goods, and that American farmers will be operating on a level playing field. I heard lots of sound economics but not a single carbon footprint target established.

Edited on 07-10-2019 23:21
07-10-2019 23:29
(14404)
IBdaMann wrote:
I heard the complete elimination of Japan's tariffs on American goods, and that American farmers will be operating on a level playing field. I heard lots of sound economics but not a single carbon footprint target established.

Interesting. Trump didn't sign it. The respective ambassadors signed the treaty. Of course this makes sense but for some reason I thought Trump would be the one signing.

Anyway, they signed away, very happily, both of them, neither of them trying any last-ditch efforts to squeeze in a carbon tax or an externality or something to "save the planet." They just signed the treaty.

This is a very good thing for the US.

MAGA baby, MAGA!

07-10-2019 23:43
(14404)
Stupid press. The US-Japan deal is just signed and the press opens with questions about China, Syria and Turkey. Right now Trump is having to discuss ISIS, President Erdogan, ... all the while the Japan and US ambassadors are right there to answer questions about the Japan deal.

Whatever.

08-10-2019 02:47
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
Stupid press. The US-Japan deal is just signed and the press opens with questions about China, Syria and Turkey. Right now Trump is having to discuss ISIS, President Erdogan, ... all the while the Japan and US ambassadors are right there to answer questions about the Japan deal.

Whatever.

Surprised the media did focus on UkraineGate... I think all of Trump's trade deals will eventually go the same way. America doesn't really need to buy much of anything, we have plenty of resources here at home. The other countries don't have that choice. They do have other buying options, but not the one source, or price, they get with us, nor the quality. They also need are consumer dollars as well, Americans buy lots of stuff, and like it cheap, and exotic. Most of their other customers want quality, and long lasting. China will be the toughest, but they'll break eventually. They really need to do some business with America, and can't just stop. The current agreement, has been too generous, for too long, they are addicted. They could get by without us, but painfully.

Canada and Mexico are both ready to sign, congress is holding it up, mostly to influence the re-election efforts. They really don't want to give Trump any victories, specially not 2016 campaign promises. It's a good deal for everyone, except Mexico still won't pay for the wall. Can't have everything your way.

I'm wondering if the democrats are taking things a little to far, and becoming their own worst enemies. Everything Trump has in the works, only has about a year until completion. It's likely, another 4 years of Trump, but all the investigation crap, is pressure for the other countries to seal a deal Trump, in the next year, or potentially have a different president, likely to start over, or worse. I've got a hunch many will take the sure thing, and get what they can, while the offer is still on the table.

Join the debate Live: The US-Japan Trade Agreement:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Would You Join A New Secret Society Help Humans Live To At Least 200 Years And More ?203-01-2024 20:18
Limited Time Special Book: How To Increase Longevity, Live To 600+ Year More904-04-2023 13:49
Why is the F35 being built in Nagoya Japan by Nips? who are still attacking the US military3903-08-2022 13:08
A the timeline aggregating States' climate commitments (NDCs) following the Paris Agreement1016-02-2022 19:32
Relaxing Music with a Nice View of the Earth (Live Stream)3301-01-2022 03:57
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact