Remember me
▼ Content

Litebeer

Litebeer10-03-2018 20:13
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
I would like to personally thank whoever it was that deleted 3 of 4 Litebeer posts from last night. There were 4 posts made and all 4 were copied and pasted the same into 4 different threads. I would never support the removal of someone from a forum for expressing their opinion. Never.
However, this is a climate forum and Litebeer is clearly using it only as a vehicle to voice opinions on all other political issues. Many times politics and science are linked, and we talk about that. However, Litebeer can't ever seem to add anything to the discussion other than "Donald Trump is a racist killer and we're all going to drown". If that's the opinion , fine. Back it up.
It's good to know that Litebeer's habitual hijacking of this forum will no longer be permitted.

Thanks again.
10-03-2018 21:27
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
GasGuzzler wrote:
I would like to personally thank whoever it was that deleted 3 of 4 Litebeer posts from last night. There were 4 posts made and all 4 were copied and pasted the same into 4 different threads. I would never support the removal of someone from a forum for expressing their opinion. Never.
However, this is a climate forum and Litebeer is clearly using it only as a vehicle to voice opinions on all other political issues. Many times politics and science are linked, and we talk about that. However, Litebeer can't ever seem to add anything to the discussion other than "Donald Trump is a racist killer and we're all going to drown". If that's the opinion , fine. Back it up.
It's good to know that Litebeer's habitual hijacking of this forum will no longer be permitted.

Thanks again.

I think that litebrain should be completely banned from the group. He doesn't have opinions, he has demands. He is the only person on these groups that attempts to kill conversations purely by noise. His record is 14 posts in a row all saying the same thing.
11-03-2018 03:09
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Thanks again.

I think that litebrain should be completely banned from the group. He doesn't have opinions, he has demands. He is the only person on these groups that attempts to kill conversations purely by noise. His record is 14 posts in a row all saying the same thing.

..@gasguzzler,
. I think it was ITN who deleted the posts.

..@wake,
. what about when you say you will beat litesong so badly they'll end up in a different country ?

. I think it's funny that the 3 of you feel that threatened by litesong. If you don't like what they post you can ignore it if you want to. But you guys can't and yet really have nothing worthwhile to say yourself. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it ?
..It is.
11-03-2018 05:32
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
James___ wrote:
[quote]Wake wrote:
[quote]GasGuzzler wrote:

Thanks again.

Wake wrote:

..@gasguzzler,

I could easily be wrong but I don't think he has the ability to do that.

. I think it's funny that the 3 of you feel that threatened by litesong. If you don't like what they post you can ignore it if you want to. But you guys can't and yet really have nothing worthwhile to say yourself. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it ?
..It is.

HA! Good one James! Believe me when I say no one here feels physically or intellectually threatened by Litebeer. Annoyed would be the correct term. In fact, it is quite obviously the opposite. When Litebeer sees a post that it can't answer, and when it knows it's goose is cooked, it will robotically post 8 to 10 pastings in other threads in an attempt to bury at the bottom in hopes it will forgotten. Bumping, hijacking, whatever the hell you want to call it, it is an abuse of the good intent of this forum. People are not threatened by it, they are annoyed by it. This is a FREE service that is FREE of advertising, and dealing with possibly the single greatest issue of our time. People love to talk about this subject and we are free to say what ever the heck you want. So why aren't there more people here? There's like 6 regulars here. There should be hundreds from both side of this argument. Just my opinion but if I'm willing to be annoyed, I want to be annoyed by some jackwagon claiming AGW is killing us all. That's what I come here for. Life is too short to spend time trying to interpret the mutterings of Litebeer. I appreciate this site and don't care to listen to Litebeer BITCH about the FREE service. Rant over.
Edited on 11-03-2018 05:34
11-03-2018 16:58
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Thanks again.

..@gasguzzler,

..@wake,
. what about when you say you will beat litesong so badly they'll end up in a different country ?

..It is.

Obviously it was not any of those who post here that deleted the posts but the owner of the site.

I do not have a problem with people insulting or swearing but I do have a problem with meaningless drivel coming out. With this meaningless drivel being self quoted and more of the same coming out.

I have the responsibility as a citizen of the western world to counter false arguments in the wider public debate.

To that end I will explain why other people's science is wrong when it is blatently so.
11-03-2018 17:15
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Thanks again.

..@gasguzzler,

..@wake,

..It is.

And I find it funny that you don't care if litebrain turns a conversation into nothing more than his own noise. That does make me wonder about you and him.
11-03-2018 21:20
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Thanks again.

..@gasguzzler,

..@wake,

..It is.

And I find it funny that you don't care if litebrain turns a conversation into nothing more than his own noise. That does make me wonder about you and him.

..You and ITN do a great job of that yourselves. You post some of the most outrageous crap I've ever heard. After all you did say that me and you are so close on so many aspects of climate change. We're not and probably never will. At the same time you will aggressively attack someone personally rather than discuss the subject at hand.
..I've said many times that I think that you're nothing more than a cyber bully. With what litesong posts, don't like ti ? You can ignore it. But you do need to be attacking someone, right ? Right !
11-03-2018 21:38
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
James___ wrote:

Nope. Wasn't me. Branner has that ability, not me.

I do know that he will typically remove repetitive posts spammed across different threads.

I don't think he's going to ban litebeer. I have seen him only ban one user (other than obvious spammers selling loan scams or something), and that was because the user became so disruptive and spammy that he was essentially forced to in order to maintain the functioning of the forum for others.

He's actually a pretty tolerant guy, and he has put together a well written system for us to use.

Litebeer may be boring, watching him quote random numbers all day as if it were his duty, but I don't consider him disruptive. I don't think Branner does either. Copied spam from thread to thread will typically get removed, though. If litebeer continues that habit and ignoring warnings, making extra work for Branner, he might eventually do something about litebeer's access. It takes a lot to get Branner to take action like that though.

If litebeer decides to stop spamming across multiple threads (or at least limits it), I don't think Branner will take any action against him.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-03-2018 21:41
(21588)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Thanks again.

..@gasguzzler,

..@wake,

..It is.

..You and ITN do a great job of that yourselves. You post some of the most outrageous crap I've ever heard. After all you did say that me and you are so close on so many aspects of climate change. We're not and probably never will. At the same time you will aggressively attack someone personally rather than discuss the subject at hand.
..I've said many times that I think that you're nothing more than a cyber bully. With what litesong posts, don't like ti ? You can ignore it. But you do need to be attacking someone, right ? Right !

Heh. One man's answer is drivel to the other.

That's the nature of the debate on climate 'change'. It's a religious vs a non-religious discussion. The Church of Global Warming vs the Outsiders.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-03-2018 21:47
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:

You're just making me cry now. I mean after calling me a white supremacist and now that I bully you?

We were pretty close on climate change until you start using more drugs. At that time you started inventing reality and straightening you out is "bullying" in your mind.

Of course you come up with more and more outlandish ideas when I give you the MATH showing how wrong you are you call that "bullying" as well.

When nightmare makes one of his rare correct observations such as your idea that a gas 100 times more rare than CO2 and very heavy can make it's way into the upper stratosphere and prevent formation of ozone, you tell him that he doesn't know what he's talking about despite the fact that you don't even understand what he said.
11-03-2018 22:21
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

I do know that he will typically remove repetitive posts spammed across different threads.

I don't think he's going to ban litebeer. I have seen him only ban one user (other than obvious spammers selling loan scams or something), and that was because the user became so disruptive and spammy that he was essentially forced to in order to maintain the functioning of the forum for others.

He's actually a pretty tolerant guy, and he has put together a well written system for us to use.

Litebeer may be boring, watching him quote random numbers all day as if it were his duty, but I don't consider him disruptive. I don't think Branner does either. Copied spam from thread to thread will typically get removed, though. If litebeer continues that habit and ignoring warnings, making extra work for Branner, he might eventually do something about litebeer's access. It takes a lot to get Branner to take action like that though.

If litebeer decides to stop spamming across multiple threads (or at least limits it), I don't think Branner will take any action against him.

Well, I consider litebrain to totally destroy the object of this group which is climate change debate. As I pointed out before - on just ONE of the discussions he wrote to himself 14 times in a row. Does that allow any discussion at all when you have to go back several pages just to see in which direction the discussion morphed?
11-03-2018 23:21
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

Well, I consider litebrain to totally destroy the object of this group which is climate change debate. As I pointed out before - on just ONE of the discussions he wrote to himself 14 times in a row. Does that allow any discussion at all when you have to go back several pages just to see in which direction the discussion morphed?

..Those posts had more to do with climate change than what you posted. A lot of those posts were updates about High Arctic Warming. I was reading some of them. Just wasn't sure how the stratosphere played into it.
.. From you I got that I don't know the difference between Norwegian and the language that Leonard Nimoy's family spoke.
..Did you know that the hand gestures for a Vulcan greeting is the letter H in Yiddish ? Doubt it but you like ridiculing people based on their ethnicity.
12-03-2018 15:31
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

..Those posts had more to do with climate change than what you posted. A lot of those posts were updates about High Arctic Warming. I was reading some of them. Just wasn't sure how the stratosphere played into it.
.. From you I got that I don't know the difference between Norwegian and the language that Leonard Nimoy's family spoke.
..Did you know that the hand gestures for a Vulcan greeting is the letter H in Yiddish ? Doubt it but you like ridiculing people based on their ethnicity.

Let me get you straight - that low life posting the same thing 14 times in a row you were reading?

Your ignorant idea of "high arctic warming" is going from -60 to -30? And now you want to discuss Yiddish and compare it to STAR TREK?

You have completely lost it. I will now chalk you down to being nothing more than litebrain.
12-03-2018 22:21
(21588)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

Care to add any more random statements?

Litebeer's 'data' was all manufactured. Most of it by litebeer himself.

The Parrot Killer

12-03-2018 22:52
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

And you would think that James would at least look it up before posting about it. A Jewish priest's blessings use both hands. This is NOT the letter H since there is no such thing in the Yiddish language. It is called "Shin" which looks sort of like a menorah and when you use a single hand it means Shalom or "peace" which is a standard greeting. The only Yiddish I was exposed to was from my grandfather when I was little more than a baby. And his vocabulary was mostly "exclamation deleted" if you know what I mean. He may not even have been a Jew since when you came to America it was through the Port of New York and Ellis Island. After processing through and having little or no money you went to live where you could and that meant the Bronx. Since half the population spoke Italian and other half Yiddish and grandfather was Austrian I couldn't tell you what was what.

Of course which begs the question - where do you suppose James came to comparing Yiddish to Norwegian?
13-03-2018 05:57
(21588)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

And you would think that James would at least look it up before posting about it. A Jewish priest's blessings use both hands. This is NOT the letter H since there is no such thing in the Yiddish language. It is called "Shin" which looks sort of like a menorah and when you use a single hand it means Shalom or "peace" which is a standard greeting. The only Yiddish I was exposed to was from my grandfather when I was little more than a baby. And his vocabulary was mostly "exclamation deleted" if you know what I mean. He may not even have been a Jew since when you came to America it was through the Port of New York and Ellis Island. After processing through and having little or no money you went to live where you could and that meant the Bronx. Since half the population spoke Italian and other half Yiddish and grandfather was Austrian I couldn't tell you what was what.

Of course which begs the question - where do you suppose James came to comparing Yiddish to Norwegian?

Yiddish is a dialect of German, dude.

There is a letter 'H' in the Hebrew letters. It is called 'Hhet' (or chet) and looks nothing like a Vulcan salute.

The letter 'Shin' (or Sin) corresponds to the letter 'S' in Greek and Latin, although the sound used is more of a 'sh'. It doesn't look like a Vulcan salute either, nor does it look like a menorah.

The language is Hebrew, not Yiddish.

Obviously you don't know much about the Hebrew language or the Jews either.

I know many Jews rather well. My wife is a Jew (her family manage to be one of the few that escaped Poland before the Nazis came...damn lucky. They lost everything to get out too. The alternative was death).

I have never seen a Jew use the 'Shin' as a greeting. The Vulkan salute is not a representation of this letter either. A priest using a hand position similar to this uses BOTH hands, and the little finger is separated from the ring finger (unlike the Vulkan salute). Leonard Nimoy's recollections from his child are somewhat in error. He invented the Vulkan salute from his memory of synagogue with his grandfather. He may have remembered it this way, or he may have intentionally just modified what he remembered for Star Trek.

The script for Amok Time required a salute to T'pau. Leonard Nimoy invented this salute for that purpose, and used it from time to time since. He later described the inspiration for it came from his memories with his grandfather as a child.

This gesture from the priest is meant to convey the 'laying on of hands' found in scripture, and was used to confer a priest's authority over the blessing or over the ordination to a position of authority (such as when Moses conferred authority to Aaron).

The Parrot Killer

13-03-2018 16:35
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Interesting that ITN and Wake are experts on the Jewish people but no nothing of science.
I think they're in the wrong forum. After all, anyone who says "climate change" is manufacturing data. I'm not Jewish and have a Jewish neighbor who is a friend. She does not expect me to know everything about the Jewish people. Yet ITN and Wake will use their knowledge of the Jewish people to show how smart they are. This is a climate-debate forum and not Jewish history.
As Wake said, my father who lived under the 3rd Reich was so ignorant that he didn't know the difference between Yiddish and Norwegian. This is such a bigoted statement that I can only believe that Wake is a bigot.
As for Leonard Nimoy, this s what he said. And I think it was in another interview where he said it was a Hebrew letter. If not, I don't really care. Just leave it to 2 jerks to ruin liking Sta Trek. I think hate is all they have.
https://www.nytimes.com/video/obituaries/100000003536154/nimoy-explains-origin-of-vulcan-greeting.html
13-03-2018 18:16
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:

There is a letter 'H' in the Hebrew letters. It is called 'Hhet' (or chet) and looks nothing like a Vulcan salute.

The letter 'Shin' (or Sin) corresponds to the letter 'S' in Greek and Latin, although the sound used is more of a 'sh'. It doesn't look like a Vulcan salute either, nor does it look like a menorah.

I know many Jews rather well. My wife is a Jew (her family manage to be one of the few that escaped Poland before the Nazis came...damn lucky. They lost everything to get out too. The alternative was death).

I have never seen a Jew use the 'Shin' as a greeting. The Vulkan salute is not a representation of this letter either. A priest using a hand position similar to this uses BOTH hands, and the little finger is separated from the ring finger (unlike the Vulkan salute). Leonard Nimoy's recollections from his child are somewhat in error. He invented the Vulkan salute from his memory of synagogue with his grandfather. He may have remembered it this way, or he may have intentionally just modified what he remembered for Star Trek.

The script for Amok Time required a salute to T'pau. Leonard Nimoy invented this salute for that purpose, and used it from time to time since. He later described the inspiration for it came from his memories with his grandfather as a child.

This gesture from the priest is meant to convey the 'laying on of hands' found in scripture, and was used to confer a priest's authority over the blessing or over the ordination to a position of authority (such as when Moses conferred authority to Aaron).

More crap directly from the source. Yiddish is to German as English is to German. And I'm not your "dude".

Yiddish is only faintly related to Hebrew so why are you telling me that there's an "H" in it when there isn't?

The sign invented by Nemoy which appears to be a misuse of the Jewish blessing by a Kohen of a newborn child is different inasmuch as the blessing uses both of the Kohen's hands. That sign is "Shin" and is short for Shalom or the blessings of peace.

If you do not see the similarities of the sign to that of a Minora then I couldn't care less what you think you see.

I never said that anyone but a Star Trek fan would use such a hand sign. But then, you are as inventive as litebrain.
13-03-2018 22:28
(21588)
James___ wrote:
Interesting that ITN and Wake are experts on the Jewish people

My wife is Jewish, and many of her friends are Jewish. I have also studied some Hebrew.
James___ wrote:
but no nothing of science.
This from the guy that thinks electricity is heat.
James___ wrote:
I think they're in the wrong forum. After all, anyone who says "climate change" is manufacturing data.

Anyone who says 'climate change' is using a buzzword. They often go on to quote some manufactured data as well. Such is the Church of Global Warming.
James___ wrote:
I'm not Jewish and have a Jewish neighbor who is a friend.
So?
James___ wrote:
She does not expect me to know everything about the Jewish people.
Why whould he?
James___ wrote:]
Yet ITN and Wake will use their knowledge of the Jewish people to show how smart they are.

Nah. It was YOU that started the whole business with the Jewish people. It is YOU that was trying to show how smart you were.
James___ wrote:
This is a climate-debate forum and not Jewish history.

Then YOU shouldn't have brought it up in the first place!
James___ wrote:
As Wake said, my father who lived under the 3rd Reich was so ignorant that he didn't know the difference between Yiddish and Norwegian. This is such a bigoted statement that I can only believe that Wake is a bigot.

Here you are correct. Wake made a compositional error involving people as the class. Bigotry.
James___ wrote:
As for Leonard Nimoy, this s what he said. And I think it was in another interview where he said it was a Hebrew letter. If not, I don't really care. Just leave it to 2 jerks to ruin liking Sta Trek. I think hate is all they have.
...deleted redundant quote...

Is this all it takes to ruin liking Star Trek for you???

Gene Roddenberry was a very talented writer and producer. The original series of Star Trek contains some of the best stuff ever written for any television series, although Rod Serling did a more creative job in many cases. He had a talent for a good final twist in the plot right at the end.

Leonard Nimoy himself was kind of mouldering around in bit parts (except for a year or two on Mission Impossible), until he got his big break with Star Trek. Best decision he ever made. He became an icon of an entire generation.

I happen to like the original series of Star Trek. After Roddenberry's death, his controlling influence was removed from the writers and they went stupid.

The Parrot Killer

13-03-2018 22:56
(21588)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

More crap directly from the source. Yiddish is to German as English is to German.

Nope. Yiddish IS German, but with some Hebrew words incorporated into it. It is a dialect of German.
Wake wrote:
And I'm not your "dude".

Never said you were, dude.
Wake wrote:
Yiddish is only faintly related to Hebrew so why are you telling me that there's an "H" in it when there isn't?

There is, since written Yiddish uses the Hebrew letters.
Wake wrote:
The sign invented by Nemoy which appears to be a misuse of the Jewish blessing by a Kohen of a newborn child is different inasmuch as the blessing uses both of the Kohen's hands. That sign is "Shin" and is short for Shalom or the blessings of peace.

If you do not see the similarities of the sign to that of a Minora then I couldn't care less what you think you see.

Since you obviously don't know what a menorah is or what it represents (or even how to spell it), let me educate you a bit.

A menorah is a candlestick with nine candles (not three) with one candle in the center placed higher than the others, leaving four on either side. It is used for a minor holiday in Jewish culture.

Burning candles in general tend to represent the light of God, or in other words, His blessings, His authority, and His perfection of intelligence.

In the Jewish temples, a candle is continuously kept lit. Traditionally, this is actually an oil lamp (using consecrated olive oil). This candle represents the light of God and his spirit of his presence in the temple.

One day Syrian (why always Syria?) and Greek soldiers came and desecrated the temple, forbidding any worship of this God.

The Jews rose up and defeated a vastly superior force, driving them from the temple. After re-dedication they found the oil for the temple flame was sufficient for only one day. It took seven days for the priests to consecrate more, according to their rituals.

This flame, supplied with only one day's worth of consecrated oil, burned for eight days...long enough for more oil to be consecrated. Thus, the flame never went out in the temple. It was considered a miracle by God's hand.

Hanukkah is celebrated for eight days. One day for each day of the miracle.

On the first day, the center flame is lit. That flame is then used to light the flame furthest to the right of the center. This is done at sundown and is kept burning in the window for one-half hour as a sign of the miracle, and to celebrate with their fellows the miracle itself.

Each day the menorah is lit again, first the center candle (called the 'messenger' candle), and used to light two, then three, and progressively all of the eight candles, adding one for each day. Each time, the menorah is placed in the window for all to see.

Accompanying this are other rituals and blessings recited for each lighting of the menorah.

The candles on a menorah are designed to burn for one half hour. The candles consumed are replaced each night.

The letter Shin is basically shaped like a W, but squared off somewhat. Another version adds a short stem on the bottom of the W in the center. It's pronounced sound is 'sh'.

Wake wrote:
I never said that anyone but a Star Trek fan would use such a hand sign.

And what difference does that make? James said that...not you.
Wake wrote:
But then, you are as inventive as litebrain.

Litebeer??? Inventive???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Litebeer:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Even My Dog needs a Beer (Bud heavy, no Litebeer)623-09-2017 03:58
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact