▼ Content

Lies on Top of Lies

Page 2 of 2<12
09-08-2017 20:40
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Greenhorn wrote

And your other comment about satellites just measuring light is even more bizarre.

So you're saying satellites measuring light is crazy, right?
You sound like my stupid cousin,

So anyone who believes it is stupid, right?
Ok, so what if Satellites can only measure light?

You might be stupid?
I don't know.

I think your are
And I also don't know how they use light to determine temperature, but they apparently do,

...and Greenhorn has come full circle.
So why don't you just ignore my posts in the future?

Never! Believe me when I say you're a great asset to this forum.

You bogus piece of dung.

Is that like synthetic dung?

because they routinely publish average global temperature from satellite data. I'm sure if they were just creating misleading data, then some wannabe hero skeptic would have already pointed that out. No one needs a moron like you to keep repeating that it can't be done. So why don't you just ignore my posts in the future? [/quote]
09-08-2017 22:27
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Greenhorn wrote

And your other comment about satellites just measuring light is even more bizarre.

You might be stupid?
I don't know.

I think your are
And I also don't know how they use light to determine temperature, but they apparently do,

You bogus piece of dung.

because they routinely publish average global temperature from satellite data. I'm sure if they were just creating misleading data, then some wannabe hero skeptic would have already pointed that out. No one needs a moron like you to keep repeating that it can't be done. So why don't you just ignore my posts in the future?
[/quote]

The dopes here keep mentioning the Stefan-Boltzman equations and then show that they do not have a clue what it means.

Stefan–Boltzmann law: a statement that the total radiant heat energy emitted from a surface is proportional to the fourth power of its absolute temperature.

This means that the infrared light emitted tells you the total temperature of the surface. This appears to be totally beyond Nightmare and Greenhorn.

Now if you cannot understand something this simple, how dare you talk about this subject at all?
09-08-2017 22:44
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Greenhorn wrote

You might be stupid?
I don't know.

I think your are

You bogus piece of dung.

because they routinely publish average global temperature from satellite data. I'm sure if they were just creating misleading data, then some wannabe hero skeptic would have already pointed that out. No one needs a moron like you to keep repeating that it can't be done. So why don't you just ignore my posts in the future?

The dopes here keep mentioning the Stefan-Boltzman equations and then show that they do not have a clue what it means.

Stefan–Boltzmann law: a statement that the total radiant heat energy emitted from a surface is proportional to the fourth power of its absolute temperature.

This means that the infrared light emitted tells you the total temperature of the surface.[/quote]
WRONG. You are forgetting the term for emissivity, which you do not know.
Wake wrote:
This appears to be totally beyond Nightmare and Greenhorn.

Apparently using an unknown value to calculate an accurate result in an equation is possible for you. Is your math really that bad?
Wake wrote:
Now if you cannot understand something this simple, how dare you talk about this subject at all?

You are welcome to talk about it as much as you want. If you want to push your bad math, you are welcome to do so. I'll still say you're pushing bad math though.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-08-2017 07:51
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
Wake wrote:

You don't know the relationship between "light" and temperature? So much for your claim to be ANY kind of engineer. No wonder you were blaming a "dying world" on "Big Oil".

Your reasoning still amazes me. What does my lack of knowledge about how satellites measure light or temperature have to do with my being an engineer? I'm an engineer. I design control systems for automated machinery, which does not require that I know how freaking satellites work.

And I don't blame a "dying world" on "Big Oil," douche bag.

Our world is headed for another die-off because of our use of fossil fuel for energy. Yes, oil companies are the ones who provide the fossil fuel [primarily], but it's our fault for not changing our ways and becoming less reliant on oil. As long as we are in the market for it, they will produce it.

That's not to say that I don't blame Big Oil and other entities who profit from our use of fossil fuel for the War on Climate Science though. They are definitely funding that. But, as it is, we lose anyway. All they and those they finance are really doing is making it last a bit longer. The outcome is the same, even if we stop using fossil fuels today. So it's not even remotely their fault that we will eventually burn up. It's physics.

~*~ GreenMan ~*~

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/leftbehind/index.php
10-08-2017 08:05
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
Wake wrote:

This means that the infrared light emitted tells you the total temperature of the surface. This appears to be totally beyond Nightmare and Greenhorn.

I don't think anyone really cares how they determine the temperature of our planet with a satellite. Just trying to clarify that even though they can only see light with satellites, they somehow manage to get temperature readings. I'm glad someone finally mansplained it though. My only guess was that they hung thermometers on long strings.

And I don't need to understand how they obtain their measurements to use their measurements for analysis, any more than you have to know everything about your car before you drive it to work. And while we're at it, could you please explain how they get all those people inside my TV?

~*~ GreenMan ~*~

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/leftbehind/index.php
10-08-2017 08:58
(21588)
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:

You don't know the relationship between "light" and temperature? So much for your claim to be ANY kind of engineer. No wonder you were blaming a "dying world" on "Big Oil".

Your reasoning still amazes me. What does my lack of knowledge about how satellites measure light or temperature have to do with my being an engineer?

It shows your engineering talent is quite limited. You obviously don't design any hardware or work in anything related to aerospace.
GreenMan wrote:
I'm an engineer. I design control systems for automated machinery, which does not require that I know how freaking satellites work.

Actually, it would. The electronics is the same, just built better than the stuff in industrial control.
GreenMan wrote:

You did EXACTLY that, liar.
GreenMan wrote:
Our world is headed for another die-off because of our use of fossil fuel for energy.

We don't use fossil fuels. Fossils don't burn. It is better to use oil, methane, and coal, among other energy sources such as nuclear or hydroelectric.
GreenMan wrote:
Yes, oil companies are the ones who provide the fossil fuel [primarily], but it's our fault for not changing our ways and becoming less reliant on oil.

Oil companies don't sell fossil fuel. Fossils don't burn. They sell oil and oil based products.
GreenMan wrote:
As long as we are in the market for it, they will produce it.

Why not? Oil is a great way to store a lot of energy in a small space. It is renewable. It can be synthesized from nonbiological sources. It makes a great lubricant. It's cheap. It's reliable.
GreenMan wrote:
That's not to say that I don't blame Big Oil and other entities who profit from our use of fossil fuel for the War on Climate Science though.

There is no such thing as 'climate science'. Science is only made up of falsifiable theories that describe nature. They must be internally consistent to even be a theory (scientific or otherwise). The term 'climate science' can only be defined using a circular definition. Science does not have theories about something with internal inconsistencies.
GreenMan wrote:
They are definitely funding that.

If they are enlightening the public on the truth, I have no problem with that. The Church of Global Warming is a religion. Like all religions, it is based on an initial circular argument only. The other word for the circular argument is 'faith'.
GreenMan wrote:
But, as it is, we lose anyway.

Rather a fatalistic view, don't you think?
GreenMan wrote:
All they and those they finance are really doing is making it last a bit longer.

The end of the world is nigh. Yeah...we've heard it before.
GreenMan wrote:
The outcome is the same, even if we stop using fossil fuels today.

You must be using some really good chicken entrails for your fortune telling. It certainly has convinced YOU.
GreenMan wrote:
So it's not even remotely their fault that we will eventually burn up.

Heh. Did you know that the day/night cycle and the seasonal cycle creates temperature variances far greater than anything claimed by the Church of Global Warming?
GreenMan wrote:
It's physics.

Physics isn't here. You are proselytizing a religion.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-08-2017 09:04
(21588)
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:

I don't think anyone really cares how they determine the temperature of our planet with a satellite. Just trying to clarify that even though they can only see light with satellites, they somehow manage to get temperature readings.

A satellite is not capable of reading the temperature of the Earth or any part of it. It is only able to compare temperatures while assuming similar emissivities of the two regions being compared.
GreenMan wrote:
I'm glad someone finally mansplained it though. My only guess was that they hung thermometers on long strings.

You would vaporize the thermometers.
GreenMan wrote:
And I don't need to understand how they obtain their measurements to use their measurements for analysis, any more than you have to know everything about your car before you drive it to work.

Well...that covers your engineering ability. You don't have any knowledge of hardware engineering. You're just a programmer at best, probably with little knowledge of low level or mid level languages or systems.
GreenMan wrote:
And while we're at it, could you please explain how they get all those people inside my TV?

They're actually trained mice in costume.

The Parrot Killer

10-08-2017 15:49
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:

Your reasoning still amazes me. What does my lack of knowledge about how satellites measure light or temperature have to do with my being an engineer? I'm an engineer. I design control systems for automated machinery, which does not require that I know how freaking satellites work.

Our world is headed for another die-off because of our use of fossil fuel for energy. Yes, oil companies are the ones who provide the fossil fuel [primarily], but it's our fault for not changing our ways and becoming less reliant on oil. As long as we are in the market for it, they will produce it.

That's not to say that I don't blame Big Oil and other entities who profit from our use of fossil fuel for the War on Climate Science though. They are definitely funding that. But, as it is, we lose anyway. All they and those they finance are really doing is making it last a bit longer. The outcome is the same, even if we stop using fossil fuels today. So it's not even remotely their fault that we will eventually burn up. It's physics.

I had a concussion on Dec 18, 2009. This deprives me of some memories. I cannot remember the precise projects I worked on or the companies names where I worked on those specific projects. I remember design and programming. If I sit down in front of an engineering job I can do it without the slightest hesitation so I have not been intellectually impeded by the injury. I simply have to take medication to prevent seizures.

My original computer crashed and destroyed my entire resume so I had no record of where I had worked or the names of my managers. I don't suppose you could imagine what it's like being deprived of a large section of your life. But last year I found a copy of my partial resume on Monster.

I was reading through it yesterday and discovered that I designed and programmed devices for NASA and the International Space Station. Also Lockheed Aerospace, Motorola and Ericsson Telephone. Some of the first devices to use GPS from satellites etc.

I happen to have an IQ of 145. I never gave that much credence but from what I see written by people I am beginning to wonder.

As for your question about light and temperature? Nightmare has been harping on the Stefan-Boltzman equation in a continuous manner as if it was the magic bullet and yet he in incapable of transposing terms to generate a constant from the information that is readily available.

So if you are an engineer WHY wouldn't you know the connection between heat and light? What effort would it take to learn it? Looking up one stupid equation? If you are incapable of algebra would be the only reason I could imagine.

As an engineer such knowledge is absolutely necessary in the performance of your job. Again and again I discover that in a room full of PhD's I have to do the real thinking.
10-08-2017 20:33
(21588)
Wake wrote:
As for your question about light and temperature? Nightmare has been harping on the Stefan-Boltzman equation in a continuous manner as if it was the magic bullet

It is not a magic bullet. It does, however, quite adequately explain why you can't heat the surface by reducing the radiance of the Earth, as is claimed by the Church of Global Warming.
Wake wrote:
and yet he in incapable of transposing terms to generate a constant from the information that is readily available.

There is a thing in math you are apparently unaware about. The concept of dependent and independent variables.

Transposing the equation using algebra fails to account for additional terms that are in play when you do so. You can only measure the absolute temperature of something using the equation this way when the emissivity of the surface is accurately lknown. We do not know the emissivity of Earth. A satellite does not know the emissivity of the area it happens to be passing over at any given time.

Wake wrote:
So if you are an engineer WHY wouldn't you know the connection between heat and light?

As far as I can determine, he is not a hardware engineer. He is just a programmer. A software engineer.
Wake wrote:
What effort would it take to learn it? Looking up one stupid equation?

One first has to know what equation to look for. It helps to understand how the equation can be derived as well.
Wake wrote:
If you are incapable of algebra would be the only reason I could imagine.

Looking up an equation is not algebra.
Wake wrote:
As an engineer such knowledge is absolutely necessary in the performance of your job.

Depends on the engineer.
Wake wrote:
Again and again I discover that in a room full of PhD's I have to do the real thinking.

So you figure you're the elite, do you? You figure that everybody else is wrong except you, do you?

The Parrot Killer

Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Lies on Top of Lies:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Top Entities Only Want To Steal New Ideas Solutions, Do Not Want To Buy It203-12-2023 21:07
Well it sure is quiet in here, I guess none of you with the top secret clearances are allowed722-09-2023 17:43
I The Savior Looking For Some Serious Business With Top Secret Groups Royal Families202-04-2023 02:48
Second case of top-secret Biden documents found stored at Staples near the printer012-01-2023 01:46
I Can Prove I am The Messiah, I Want To Talk With Top People GOV Of China or USA To Save The World025-09-2021 04:15
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact