Remember me
▼ Content

Let's stop debating climate change and start combating it - Michael Mann

Let's stop debating climate change and start combating it - Michael Mann23-11-2017 14:04
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
... Scientists like me spend most of our time researching and debating the "unknowns." The known just isn't that interesting. When it comes to climate change, experts agree (a) that it is occurring and (b) what's causing it -- greenhouse gas emissions, aka carbon pollution, mostly from smokestacks and tailpipes...

... The problem is that the Republicans who are currently in power in Washington, DC are stuck debating the knowns. They have grown more intransigent, raising questions that were literally answered decades ago ...

...That predicament was most recently on display in testimony in front of the US Senate by Congressman Jim Bridenstine, a Republican politician from Oklahoma nominated by President Trump to lead NASA ...

...When it comes to leading NASA, we must regretfully conclude that Bridenstine has The Wrong Stuff...

Let's stop debating climate change and start combating it
23-11-2017 15:29
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
monckton wrote:
... Scientists like me spend most of our time researching and debating the "unknowns." The known just isn't that interesting. When it comes to climate change, experts agree (a) that it is occurring and (b) what's causing it -- greenhouse gas emissions, aka carbon pollution, mostly from smokestacks and tailpipes...

... The problem is that the Republicans who are currently in power in Washington, DC are stuck debating the knowns. They have grown more intransigent, raising questions that were literally answered decades ago ...

...That predicament was most recently on display in testimony in front of the US Senate by Congressman Jim Bridenstine, a Republican politician from Oklahoma nominated by President Trump to lead NASA ...

...When it comes to leading NASA, we must regretfully conclude that Bridenstine has The Wrong Stuff...

Only correction I would make..... Since the GOP is now the Grand Old Pedophiles, the spelling is re-pubic-lick-uns.
23-11-2017 21:06
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
OK, what is there to combat?

What would you single out as the worst single aspect of a slightly warmer world?

Please specify just 1 issue so we don't wander all overthe place.

Then, in your own words, explain the mechanis for that to happen, the bit between the warming and the bad thing.

Then cite some sort of supporting evidence or science for it.

The we can look at it and see which is cheaper, not using fossil fuel, or dealing with the problem or the budget for traffic lights for any local council that has traffic lights.
23-11-2017 22:54
(436)
It is my position which I think I've made clear, that regarding the reality of climate change and its origins there is nothing significant to debate.
As such I'm not going to participate in an 'angels on the head of a pin' game of ping pong regarding environmental minutae e.g. thermal activity on the Gakkel ridges.
I have no background in climate science but I'm very familiar with the strategy of the endless debate.

But I'll indulge you a little.
The single worst aspect of a slightly warmer world, is that it doesn't stop there.
We're not talking about an isolated phase shift of 1 degree causing the goths to flee North out of Whitby seeking shadows only a creature of the night would crave.
It's worse.
It will continue to warm, and the scientific consensus is that it will accelerate.
And the rest, is not rocket science.
24-11-2017 01:30
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
monckton wrote:
...deleted Holy Quotes and Links...

What climate change?

Define 'climate change' without using circular definitions.

Science has no theories based on boid arguments.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-11-2017 03:12
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" bluffed: Define....
I define "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" as an old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner.
24-11-2017 03:42
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner tipped the leaky plunger" plugged: warmer world?....don't wander all over(sic)the place.....mechanis(sic)
Infra-red energy absorbed & emitted by man-made, non-phase change GHGs (CO2, methane, oxides of nitrogen, SF6, etc) wanders around the bio-sphere, instead of directly exiting Earth's vicinity.
24-11-2017 10:57
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
monckton wrote:
It is my position which I think I've made clear, that regarding the reality of climate change and its origins there is nothing significant to debate.
As such I'm not going to participate in an 'angels on the head of a pin' game of ping pong regarding environmental minutae e.g. thermal activity on the Gakkel ridges.
I have no background in climate science but I'm very familiar with the strategy of the endless debate.

But I'll indulge you a little.
The single worst aspect of a slightly warmer world, is that it doesn't stop there.
We're not talking about an isolated phase shift of 1 degree causing the goths to flee North out of Whitby seeking shadows only a creature of the night would crave.
It's worse.
It will continue to warm, and the scientific consensus is that it will accelerate.
And the rest, is not rocket science.

Still waiting for you to back up any idea of any problem with some sort of actual science.

That you are unable to answer should tell you something.
24-11-2017 12:39
(436)
I have answered.
I'm not here to debate.
It leads to nothing, you're not here to learn anything, neither am I so lets agree to disagree.
I'll post items I think are interesting or I agree with and think are honest attempts to describe the current situation.
You can do your role playing.
I'm happy for people to make their own minds up, in fact I'd insist - don't take my word for anything, they should think for themselves.

Now on that basis, what exactly do I need to back up?
24-11-2017 13:03
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
monckton wrote:
I have answered.
I'm not here to debate.
It leads to nothing, you're not here to learn anything, neither am I so lets agree to disagree.
I'll post items I think are interesting or I agree with and think are honest attempts to describe the current situation.
You can do your role playing.
I'm happy for people to make their own minds up, in fact I'd insist - don't take my word for anything, they should think for themselves.

Now on that basis, what exactly do I need to back up?

1, This is Climate debate.com. There is a clue in the title.

2, Without debate you will persuade nobody of anything.

3, I have no idea what exactly is so scary about this slightly warmer world. I know you find that mind blowing and beyond comprehension so you presume I am simply Trolling but no, I am asking an honest question. That you cannot answer it is obvious and utterly telling.

4, You will, to start with, need to specify a single aspect of a slightly warmer world that is bad. Try it!
24-11-2017 17:53
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner tipped, the leaky plunger" plugged: This is Climate debate.com. There is a clue in the title.
This webcyst was started by AGW denier liar whiners who thot they could use the same doubting tactics as the "smoking-cancer" industry to throw off scientific evidence that AGW was true. Now, we see "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner tipped, the leaky plunger" pretends that the title of this webcyst PROVES AGW denier liar whinerisms.
Meanwhile, the Present High Arctic Berserker(2) or FAB
(2) is 9degC above the average temperature of the 4million square kilometers of the High Arctic. FAB
(2) now, has existed for ~ 95 days, & appears that it will reach 100 days of existence, as premised ~ 40 days ago. "Long lived" over-temperatures in the High Arctic back in the late 1950's & early '60's were ~ 30 to 40 days. Of course, FAB
(1) lasted 232(+?) days.
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner tipped, the leaky plunger" continues as an old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner, who is tipped & a leaky plunger.
Edited on 24-11-2017 17:56
24-11-2017 18:14
(436)
There's a flawed and outdated assumption in the title, and a stranger in town.

Join the debate Let's stop debating climate change and start combating it - Michael Mann:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
How exactly does an entire message board stop posting?2623-12-2023 02:25
New Type of Entanglement Lets Scientists 'See' Inside Nuclei7816-06-2023 18:15
The Book That Will Stop All War Instantly: New Creation New Society New World By Bodhi Udumbara1006-03-2023 05:33
Do not engage the target, as he might actually shut up and stop divulging info1017-02-2023 20:50
stop3128-02-2022 16:39
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact