Remember me
▼ Content

Largest Wildfire in Greenland

Largest Wildfire in Greenland08-08-2017 16:12
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
The largest Greenland wildfire(s) during the 21st century is burning. Historically, Greenland's fires have not been major problems. Since Greenland is a low populated country, its resources to fight these blazes may also be low. Possibly, underlying peat may be burning. In other places on Earth, peat fires can continue for years. Hopefully, efforts can be rallied to stem the fire(s).
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2143159-largest-ever-wildfire-in-greenland-seen-burning-from-space/
08-08-2017 21:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21598)
litesong wrote:
The largest Greenland wildfire(s) during the 21st century is burning. Historically, Greenland's fires have not been major problems. Since Greenland is a low populated country, its resources to fight these blazes may also be low. Possibly, underlying peat may be burning. In other places on Earth, peat fires can continue for years. Hopefully, efforts can be rallied to stem the fire(s).
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2143159-largest-ever-wildfire-in-greenland-seen-burning-from-space/

Dude...did you somehow forget about the Canadian Rocky wildfires???

Your living under the smoke from it!!!

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-08-2017 23:43
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Into the Night wrote:
litesong wrote:

Did you flunk geography as well as statistics? The Canadian Rockies are not in Greenland.
09-08-2017 00:36
(21598)
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
litesong wrote:

Did you flunk geography as well as statistics? The Canadian Rockies are not in Greenland.

Did you flunk comprehension while reading? I never said they were!

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-08-2017 00:43
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
litesong wrote:

Your reply to litesong implies that they are, otherwise it makes no sense at all.
09-08-2017 01:23
(21598)
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
litesong wrote:

Your reply to litesong implies that they are, otherwise it makes no sense at all.

Yup. You flunked comprehension while reading. I suggest you read it again. Real s l o w l y.

The Parrot Killer

09-08-2017 01:31
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
litesong wrote:

Yup. You flunked comprehension while reading. I suggest you read it again. Real s l o w l y.

Look, you idiot, litesong was taking about it being the largest wildfire in Greenland. It makes no sense to say he forgot about the Canadian Rockies. He wasn't talking about Canada, and the Canadian Rockies are not in Greenland.

If I say that London is the biggest city in England, would it make any sort of sense for you to say, "Dude, did you forget about Shanghai??" Of course not, because Shanghai isn't in England, but that's the same as you just did here.

Honestly, how is it possible for you to have any sort of rational conversation when you struggle so badly to parse straightforward English?
Edited on 09-08-2017 01:32
09-08-2017 01:56
(21598)
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
litesong wrote:

Look, you idiot, litesong was taking about it being the largest wildfire in Greenland.

That's right.
Surface Detail wrote:
It makes no sense to say he forgot about the Canadian Rockies.

Yes it does.
Surface Detail wrote:
He wasn't talking about Canada, and the Canadian Rockies are not in Greenland.

That's right.
Surface Detail wrote:
If I say that London is the biggest city in England, would it make any sort of sense for you to say, "Dude, did you forget about Shanghai??" Of course not, because Shanghai isn't in England, but that's the same as you just did here.

False equivalence. We are not talking about cities of England. We are talking about wildfires.
Surface Detail wrote:
Honestly, how is it possible for you to have any sort of rational conversation when you struggle so badly to parse straightforward English?

I parse it just fine. You seem to be having the trouble with it.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 09-08-2017 01:57
09-08-2017 02:00
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
litesong wrote:

Look, you idiot, litesong was taking about it being the largest wildfire in Greenland.

That's right.
Surface Detail wrote:

Yes it does.
Surface Detail wrote:

That's right.
Surface Detail wrote:

False equivalence. We are not talking about cities of England. We are talking about wildfires.
Surface Detail wrote:

OK, I'll just add analogies to the list of concepts you fail to grasp.
09-08-2017 02:26
(21598)
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
litesong wrote:

That's right.
Surface Detail wrote:

Yes it does.
Surface Detail wrote:

That's right.
Surface Detail wrote:

Surface Detail wrote:

OK, I'll just add analogies to the list of concepts you fail to grasp.

Not making an analogy. You still don't understand anything yet.

The Parrot Killer

09-08-2017 02:32
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Maybe I can help you SD. It's like saying, "Hey, Mars is warming too ya know".
09-08-2017 02:34
(21598)
GasGuzzler wrote:

You got it.

I guess that, according to SD, you can't parse English either.

The Parrot Killer

09-08-2017 02:41
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

You got it.

I guess that, according to SD, you can't parse English either.

I have a PHD in English Physics.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
10-08-2017 21:27
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
More on the continuing Greenland wildfires:
http://mashable.com/2017/08/10/large-greenland-wildfire-burns-more-than-a-week/#fBvlJU2H_iqo
Reports state that the fires may be hunter caused, because the wildfire region is a popular hunting area. Also, immigrants are increasing Greenland population, forcing up home & rental purchase costs. With increasing numbers of people, increasing wildfires are not to be unexpected.
11-08-2017 18:42
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
More details about the Greenland wildfire from Robert Scribbler. Also, mentioned are other, more massive Siberian Arctic burnings, covering 2000miles in length. Both Greenland & Siberia have large peat bogs. Hopefully, peat, that can burn for years, will not be the fate of Greenland.
https://robertscribbler.com/2017/08/
11-08-2017 20:53
(21598)
litesong wrote:
More details about the Greenland wildfire from Robert Scribbler. Also, mentioned are other, more massive Siberian Arctic burnings, covering 2000miles in length. Both Greenland & Siberia have large peat bogs. Hopefully, peat, that can burn for years, will not be the fate of Greenland.
https://robertscribbler.com/2017/08/

Sounds like it won't. It's burning away.

The Parrot Killer

11-08-2017 22:13
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" bluffed: Sounds like it won't. It's burning away.

"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" likes things that burn.... even kkk(always small letters) bonfires.
13-08-2017 05:51
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Considerations are that Greenland's largest (ever?) wildfire is the result of warming temperatures, that may not be turned:
http://www.newsweek.com/fire-greenland-climate-change-global-warming-648818
16-08-2017 06:32
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Greenland's largest wildfire continues to grow:
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/08/15/543406558/greenland-is-still-burning-but-the-smoke-may-be-the-real-problem
16-08-2017 19:17
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Greenland's largest wildfire:
http://deathrattlesports.com/largest-ever-wildfire-in-greenland-seen-burning-from-space/1041
From the article:
'Usually when a wildfire is smouldering like that it's because there's a lot of ground-level fuel, carbon organic matter; that's why I assume that it's peat,' wildfire expert Professor Jessica McCarty, from Miami University, told BBC News.
'The fire line is not moving, the fire is not progressing like we'd see in a forest fire, so that means it's burning whatever fuel is on the ground.'....... peat.
////////
The peat is only 44 miles from the southern reaches of the Greenland Ice Sheet that has been decreasing in size.
18-08-2017 14:18
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
More details of the Greenland wildfire:
http://www.dw.com/en/greenland-land-of-ice-on-fire/a-40136045
From the article:
Scientists say global warming and increased plant cover are likely factors.
////////
Along with AGW generated extra plant cover burning in the wildfires, AGW has melted southern portions of the Greenland Ice Sheet, uncovering the ancient peat, which also may be adding fuel to the fires. These possibilities will be determined in post-fire studies to exactly determine the burn characteristics. It'll be an interesting scientific discourse.
Presently, some burn spots are over & predictions for rainfall may curtail these Greenland wildfire.
Parallels to increased Russian forest & perma-frost Siberian burns should be made.
Edited on 18-08-2017 14:20

Join the debate Largest Wildfire in Greenland:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
THIS MONTH'S WORLD'S LARGEST WIND TURBINE GOES OPERATIONAL529-07-2023 20:03
Greenland: Zombie Apocalpse Happening NOW!!!105-09-2022 05:02
NASA/GRACE lies about Greenland's ice mass loss1004-04-2020 23:16
Oh No! Greenland is Melting, at an alarming rate...1324-08-2019 02:52
Temperatures leap 40 degrees above normal as the Arctic Ocean and Greenland ice sheet see record June mel318-06-2019 06:22
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact