Remember me
▼ Content

Jet Fuel - Aeroplanes - And Their Impact on Global Warming


Jet Fuel - Aeroplanes - And Their Impact on Global Warming03-01-2017 11:42
Tony Argieri
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
On September 11, 2001, following the attack on the World trade Centre, the United States closed all it's airports for one week. During that week the United States recorded more rain than normal and also a drop in temperature.
During World War 2, Australia didn't have the numerous motor vehicles it now has travelling on it's roads all around the land, we had a large force of aeroplanes flying in our airways due to our efforts in the war, the crops failed and drought prevailed. After the war, the number of planes reduced, the rains fell more frequently and the crops flourished. We can't shut down our airports but we can look to see whether international and domestic flights should be flying over sea air space rather than the land airspace over our cities and towns, thus allowing carbon monoxide that falls from the planes to fall into the sea, rather than on our land. The carbon monoxide that falls on our earth contributes to the drying out effects and decreases the humidity in the atmosphere. Less humanity, less rain clouds. How many aeroplanes did we have flying 15 to 20 years ago compared to today. We have thousands of aeroplanes flying each day all over the world, the air is saturated with carbon monoxide. Northern Australia doesn't have as many aeroplanes flying in it's air space, they receive much more rainfall that other areas of Australia. Southern parts of Australia are much dryer due to the concentrated air traffic in that part of Australia. I have carried out much research into the subject of Global warming and have a strong belief that the increase of carbon monoxide in the air has made a significant impact on the issue of global warming. If our governments are ready to listen, I believe we can create a positive impact on assisting to bring back a balance in our global warming issues. Industries contribute significantly to the poor quality of air through the pollution they deposit in the airspace by their huge emissions into the air which inevitably will settle back onto the earth. The cutting back of gas emissions would achieve significant and rapid improvement in our air quality. We breath in oxygen, we breath out carbon dioxide, the trees and much of the earth's creatures do the same. Trees however take in oxygen but during the night expel carbon dioxide. The Governments of the world are not prepared to stop cutting down trees and equally cannot stop the world's population from breathing. The antartic satellites and rockets in the strathosphere fly much higher than aeroplanes and also contribute to some of global warming issues we have in the antartic and the rest of the world. This is due to the fact that the pollution from these satellites from a higher area to the ground hence the pollution coverage is much wider than would be the case from normal aeroplanes.
Author: Tony Argieri
03-01-2017 16:20
GasGuzzler
★★★★☆
(1529)
Wow. I had no idea it was that bad. Thank you.
04-01-2017 06:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10253)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Wow. I had no idea it was that bad. Thank you.


It wasn't. There are manufactured numbers.


The Parrot Killer
06-01-2017 18:36
MattS
☆☆☆☆☆
(12)
Pure lies. The temperature rose: "Two studies1,2 noted that when planes stopped flying on 11–14 September 2001, the average daily temperature range in the United States rose markedly, exceeding the three-day periods before and after by an average of 1.8 °C."

http://www.nature.com/news/2008/081231/full/news.2008.1335.html

Th reason is the con trails act as high altitude clouds and reflect sunlight and cause cooling.
06-01-2017 20:31
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10253)
MattS wrote:
Pure lies. The temperature rose: "Two studies1,2 noted that when planes stopped flying on 11–14 September 2001, the average daily temperature range in the United States rose markedly, exceeding the three-day periods before and after by an average of 1.8 °C."

http://www.nature.com/news/2008/081231/full/news.2008.1335.html

Th reason is the con trails act as high altitude clouds and reflect sunlight and cause cooling.


1) We cannot measure the temperature of the United States. Any claim of how much the United States cooled or warmed is using manufactured numbers.
2) Contrails are a very small part of the sky, and don't form all the time.
3) Contrails absorb sunlight, especially in the infrared spectrum. The only light they reflect or refract is visible light.


The Parrot Killer
07-01-2017 10:50
MattS
☆☆☆☆☆
(12)
@into thenight

1) Except when its suits your argument eh?
2) So is CO2.
3) No, the REFLECT sunlight. And the visible spectrum is what WARMS the earth.


Multiple published studies show planes cause cooling. As uncomfortable as that fact is to you you have to accept it.
08-01-2017 08:42
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10253)
MattS wrote:
@into thenight

1) Except when its suits your argument eh?
2) So is CO2.
3) No, the REFLECT sunlight. And the visible spectrum is what WARMS the earth.


Multiple published studies show planes cause cooling. As uncomfortable as that fact is to you you have to accept it.


Sorry, but it's simply not possible to measure the temperature of the globe or even of any single State.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 08-01-2017 08:43
08-01-2017 12:25
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1295)
Into the Night wrote:

3) Contrails absorb sunlight, especially in the infrared spectrum. The only light they reflect or refract is visible light.


IR is the stuff that warms the earth.

If they absorb sunlight especially IR, and yes they do, they do have an effect.

The temperature change due to not having them would be difficult to measure but real and significant. That is warmer in the day and cooler at night. This would be over represented in the data due to the data being collected from places where humans are thus where there are lots of planes.
08-01-2017 21:06
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10253)
Tim the plumber wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

3) Contrails absorb sunlight, especially in the infrared spectrum. The only light they reflect or refract is visible light.


IR is the stuff that warms the earth.

If they absorb sunlight especially IR, and yes they do, they do have an effect.

Yeah. Like throwing rocks in the ocean has an effect on ocean levels. Big hairy deal.
Tim the plumber wrote:
The temperature change due to not having them would be difficult to measure but real and significant. That is warmer in the day and cooler at night. This would be over represented in the data due to the data being collected from places where humans are thus where there are lots of planes.

There aren't that many planes. They don't always make visible contrails. There is no way to determine a global temperature. It is not possible to measure any such change.

There really is no need to worry about any of it.


The Parrot Killer
08-01-2017 21:49
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1295)
Into the Night wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

3) Contrails absorb sunlight, especially in the infrared spectrum. The only light they reflect or refract is visible light.


IR is the stuff that warms the earth.

If they absorb sunlight especially IR, and yes they do, they do have an effect.

Yeah. Like throwing rocks in the ocean has an effect on ocean levels. Big hairy deal.
Tim the plumber wrote:
The temperature change due to not having them would be difficult to measure but real and significant. That is warmer in the day and cooler at night. This would be over represented in the data due to the data being collected from places where humans are thus where there are lots of planes.

There aren't that many planes. They don't always make visible contrails. There is no way to determine a global temperature. It is not possible to measure any such change.

There really is no need to worry about any of it.


I fully agree that there is no need to worry about it.

I disagree that it is measurable but that is measurable in an accademic way. Nothing for political policy to concearn it's self with.
09-01-2017 01:18
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5225)
Tim the plumber wrote:IR is the stuff that warms the earth.


All visible light from the sun that is not reflected is absorbed by the earth, either by the atmosphere, by the hydrosphere or the surface which, in turn, increases the earth's average global temperature.

Solar visible light is mostly of higher power than that of solar IR.



.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-01-2017 20:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10253)
Tim the plumber wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

3) Contrails absorb sunlight, especially in the infrared spectrum. The only light they reflect or refract is visible light.


IR is the stuff that warms the earth.

If they absorb sunlight especially IR, and yes they do, they do have an effect.

Yeah. Like throwing rocks in the ocean has an effect on ocean levels. Big hairy deal.
Tim the plumber wrote:
The temperature change due to not having them would be difficult to measure but real and significant. That is warmer in the day and cooler at night. This would be over represented in the data due to the data being collected from places where humans are thus where there are lots of planes.

There aren't that many planes. They don't always make visible contrails. There is no way to determine a global temperature. It is not possible to measure any such change.

There really is no need to worry about any of it.


I fully agree that there is no need to worry about it.

I disagree that it is measurable but that is measurable in an accademic way. Nothing for political policy to concearn it's self with.


Then go out and measure it. Be sure to show your work.


The Parrot Killer
10-01-2017 18:59
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1295)
IBdaMann wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:IR is the stuff that warms the earth.


All visible light from the sun that is not reflected is absorbed by the earth, either by the atmosphere, by the hydrosphere or the surface which, in turn, increases the earth's average global temperature.

Solar visible light is mostly of higher power than that of solar IR.


Yes but there is a lot less of it.

Most of the energy coming out of the sun is in the IR. Radient heat is another name for it.




Join the debate Jet Fuel - Aeroplanes - And Their Impact on Global Warming:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Relatable Warming Impact Articles & Studies2022-11-2019 16:38
So what if the Chinese fossil fuel industry pays me to spread lies about greenhouse gas?7515-11-2019 04:47
Burning fossil fuel reduce O2 and increase CO2 and CO2 is a cooling gas so why420-06-2019 06:30
Local Impact of Climate Change001-06-2019 22:00
Climate impact self assessment001-05-2019 00:50
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact