Remember me
▼ Content

Japan's cherry blossoms come increasingly early

Japan's cherry blossoms come increasingly early07-04-2017 00:05
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2017/04/elephant-bloom

Not really much to add, the graph says it all.

IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
07-04-2017 00:41
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
spot wrote:

Yes, the graph has a lot to say, about natural changes in climate and about you Mr Sput.

Tell me now, why does the graph fall off in 1825?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

07-04-2017 00:54
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:

Yes, the graph has a lot to say, about natural changes in climate and about you Mr Sput.

From my link;

From its most recent peak in 1829, when full bloom came on April 22nd, the typical full-flowering date has drifted earlier and earlier. Since 1970, it has usually landed on April 7th, a difference of over two weeks. The cause is little mystery. In deciding when to show their shoots, cherry trees rely on temperatures in February and March.

IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
07-04-2017 01:37
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
And just a short hop over to Fairbanks Alaska...it ain't happening. Why?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

07-04-2017 02:33
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy AGW denier liar whiner gaslighter" gushed:

Here's the northern hemisphere warming...... sorra 'bout Fairbanks.
http://nsidc.org/data/docs/fgdc/ggd649_freeze_thaw_nh/index.html
07-04-2017 02:37
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
spot wrote:
http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2017/04/elephant-bloom

Oh, I'm late, I'm late. The cherry blossoms already bloomed on the University of Washington campus?
07-04-2017 03:01
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Canadian Geese showed up in the snow on Alaskan fields:
http://www.newsminer.com/gallery/featured/canada-geese-arrive/image_7f8250ec-1a27-11e7-a553-273b00dbf6c2.html
However, the slower CGs here in fields of Washington state are having a wonderful time workin' over the old corn stubble.
Edited on 07-04-2017 03:04
07-04-2017 04:32
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy AGW denier liar whiner gaslighter" gushed:

Here's the northern hemisphere warming...... sorra 'bout Fairbanks.
http://nsidc.org/data/docs/fgdc/ggd649_freeze_thaw_nh/index.html

Well, northern hemisphere central United States. Here's Missouri.

For every hockey stick you put up I'll throw up a flat stick.

...and some interesting early century warm periods to boot.

Attached image:

07-04-2017 05:59
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
All the hysteria over global warming.....all the data I've researched in different parts of the world....I know it's all BS....I never even bothered to look up my home state. Looking back as a kid growing up in the 80s I remember some very hot summers...It just doesn't seam to get that warm anymore. I'm thinking of moving to a warmer climate.... Sure enough, straight from NOAA.

Attached image:

07-04-2017 06:57
Frescomexico
★★☆☆☆
(179)
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:

From my link;

From its most recent peak in 1829, when full bloom came on April 22nd, the typical full-flowering date has drifted earlier and earlier. Since 1970, it has usually landed on April 7th, a difference of over two weeks. The cause is little mystery. In deciding when to show their shoots, cherry trees rely on temperatures in February and March.

Any phenomenon that began in 1829 and continued through today can't be due to anthropological global warming (AGW), which began in about 1950. It looks to me like the well known recovery from the Little Ice Age.
07-04-2017 07:40
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gaslighter" gushed: All the hysteria over global warming.....

"gaslighter" cherrypicks Fairbanks, Missouri, & Iowa to off-set the entire Northern Hemisphere. Atta boy, "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gaslighter".
07-04-2017 11:37
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
It has got a bit warmer, that will be why the spring is earlier than it was back in the little ice age.

And the bad side of this is??

Edited on 07-04-2017 11:37
07-04-2017 18:04
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
litesong wrote:
"gaslighter" cherrypicks Fairbanks, Missouri, & Iowa to off-set the entire Northern Hemisphere.

Nope, not cherry pickin. What I'm trying to show is that the vast majority of compilation temp graphs are hockey sticks. A good number of them also like to start the graphs right at peak warming. But when you dig a bit and find individual temp records, and going back a few hundred years you see that everything is really quite normal. Here's one to our friends across the pond. Interesting to note the last 50 years are pretty flat.

Attached image:

07-04-2017 18:32
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
GasGuzzler wrote:
litesong wrote:
"gaslighter" cherrypicks Fairbanks, Missouri, & Iowa to off-set the entire Northern Hemisphere.

Nope, not cherry pickin. What I'm trying to show is that the vast majority of compilation temp graphs are hockey sticks. A good number of them also like to start the graphs right at peak warming. But when you dig a bit and find individual temp records, and going back a few hundred years you see that everything is really quite normal. Here's one to our friends across the pond. Interesting to note the last 50 years are pretty flat.

I'm afraid you are cherry-picking. In this case, your cherry is the month of December. Why December? Why not a different month or, even better, the average of all the months of the year? Here's what the Central England Temperature looks like when you actually graph all the data rather than just your favourite twelfth of it:

07-04-2017 18:40
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
I did throw up the wrong chart....computer is full of them. Here....and for your added bonus we have CO2 included!!!

Attached image:

07-04-2017 18:44
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
GasGuzzler wrote:
I did throw up the wrong chart....computer is full of them. Here....and for your added bonus we have CO2 included!!!

What does it mean by "30-year changes"?
07-04-2017 18:50
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
The blue line is the 30 year average plot.
07-04-2017 19:00
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
GasGuzzler wrote:
The blue line is the 30 year average plot.

That's not what the caption says. It states: "The blue curve represents the 10-year average of 30-year temperature changes". What does this mean?
07-04-2017 19:28
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
http://www.c3headlines.com/2014/02/climate-factcheck-runaway-tipping-point-global-warming-no-empirical-merit-those-stubborn-facts.html

propaganda site I know, this is just for your explanation of how the graph was generated.

Gotta run for the day, see ya'll tomorrow.
09-04-2017 18:33
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gaslighter" gushed: propaganda site I know.....

"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gaslighter" knows lotsa oil, energy business & re-pubic-lick-un PR propaganda poop sites.

Join the debate Japan's cherry blossoms come increasingly early:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
More breaking news. I have 4 varieties of cherry tomato plants with fruit1218-06-2023 16:14
Early IPCC Reports908-07-2019 07:48
School lessons increasingly a target for climate skeptics810-03-2019 00:59
411.66 PPM: Scientists Alarmed by Early Rise in Atmospheric CO2209-03-2019 16:55
Arctic could be ice-free in the summer from as early as 2030: study908-03-2019 20:59
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact