Remember me
▼ Content

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth



Page 4 of 4<<<234
03-07-2020 15:46
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(465)
Its good of you to weigh in tmids go bloke
03-07-2020 17:43
James___
★★★★★
(2987)
GreenEggsNham wrote:


but you want me to present an example that supports the devoid of science science used to concoct an average temperature of the earth - its not possible.




This wouldn't be that difficult to do. Your statement is devoid of science. You probably don't believe that there are satellites that relay people's voices from one place om Earth to another place on Earth. How can they know the location of both people in 2 different parts of the planet?
The temperature is actually much simpler. I hope you understand that the people you don't like create mathematical models on a computer the same way that you are creating an illogical argument. Can't you just say that their methodology is flawed? You can't. Instead you say there is nothing science can show us.
You can't. This would require you to consider different perspectives and how work is accomplished. Instead, you just promoted yourself to the Board of an elite intellectually company (company is a double entendre (companies have boards and you and your friends keep each other company)). And now you have status among your peers.
03-07-2020 21:01
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13005)
James___ wrote:
GreenEggsNham wrote:


but you want me to present an example that supports the devoid of science science used to concoct an average temperature of the earth - its not possible.




This wouldn't be that difficult to do.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
James___ wrote:
Your statement is devoid of science.

So is yours. This is mathematics, not science.
James___ wrote:
You probably don't believe that there are satellites that relay people's voices from one place om Earth to another place on Earth. How can they know the location of both people in 2 different parts of the planet?

Taking pictures is not measuring temperature. Satellites are incapable of measuring an absolute temperature.
James___ wrote:
The temperature is actually much simpler. I hope you understand that the people you don't like create mathematical models on a computer the same way that you are creating an illogical argument. Can't you just say that their methodology is flawed? You can't. Instead you say there is nothing science can show us.

Word salad.
James___ wrote:
You can't. This would require you to consider different perspectives and how work is accomplished. Instead, you just promoted yourself to the Board of an elite intellectually company (company is a double entendre (companies have boards and you and your friends keep each other company)). And now you have status among your peers.


Word salad. Try English. It works better.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
03-07-2020 22:14
James___
★★★★★
(2987)
Into the Night wrote:

James___ wrote:
You can't. This would require you to consider different perspectives and how work is accomplished. Instead, you just promoted yourself to the Board of an elite intellectually company (company is a double entendre (companies have boards and you and your friends keep each other company)). And now you have status among your peers.


Word salad. Try English. It works better.



Очень хорошо шутки

Ето лучше? Don't worry ITN, I had one person in a forum promote himself to the position of Herr Kommandant so I'd have to do what he said. In Engleske, that's like saying his wife is the boss.
Get it? Her Command.

That's an example of word salad.

Edited on 03-07-2020 22:19
03-07-2020 22:41
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7300)
James___ wrote: Очень хорошо шутки


Российский бизнесмен, кубинский фермер и американский юрист садятся в поезд. Кубинец закуривает сигару, наслаждается одной сильной затяжкой и резко выбрасывает сигару в окно. Российский бизнесмен и американский адвокат шокированы. Кубинец сказал им не беспокоиться. На Кубе столько же замечательных сигар, сколько звезд на ночном небе. Русский человек достает бутылку из пиджака. Он делает глоток и внезапно выбрасывает целую бутылку в окно. Кубинец и адвокат в шоке. Русские сказали им не беспокоиться. В России водка течет подобно многим великим рекам. После минутной паузы российский бизнесмен и кубинский фермер выбрасывают адвоката в окно.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
04-07-2020 00:28
James___
★★★★★
(2987)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: Очень хорошо шутки


Российский бизнесмен, кубинский фермер и американский юрист садятся в поезд. Кубинец закуривает сигару, наслаждается одной сильной затяжкой и резко выбрасывает сигару в окно. Российский бизнесмен и американский адвокат шокированы. Кубинец сказал им не беспокоиться. На Кубе столько же замечательных сигар, сколько звезд на ночном небе. Русский человек достает бутылку из пиджака. Он делает глоток и внезапно выбрасывает целую бутылку в окно. Кубинец и адвокат в шоке. Русские сказали им не беспокоиться. В России водка течет подобно многим великим рекам. После минутной паузы российский бизнесмен и кубинский фермер выбрасывают адвоката в окно.

.



Чтобы забавно

Edited on 04-07-2020 00:29
04-07-2020 18:18
James___
★★★★★
(2987)
With this link, I think Day 1 is July 2. It gives the forecast high temperature for many cities based on the jet stream. Anyone care to show how far off it is? It does show many cities both in the US and Canada.
And if these forecasts are accurate then it shows that by knowing atmospheric pressure, humidity and other trends then we can in fact measure the temperature of the Earth with a high degree of accuracy.
But for those who say we can't do this, I doubt they'll look for a meaningful discrepancy between forecast and actual high temperatures. They won't be able to put their claims to the test.

https://www.natgasweather.com/250-mb-jet-stream-forecast/
04-07-2020 18:34
James___
★★★★★
(2987)
For July 3rd, Day 2; Hi Temp Predicted Hi Temp
Salem, Oregon 75 72
Los Angeles, Ca. 79 81
St. Louis, Mo. 90 90
Vancouver, B.C. 57 58
Ontario, Canada 90 90
Washington, DC 90 92

From what that shows across 2 countries that an accurate statistical analysis is possible. With 6 cities being considered, it is off by only 8º F. That's within 1.16º F. of what was predicted. And since it is based on the jet stream, there will be a slight margin of error. And the 1.16º F. is acceptable for measuring the atmospheric temperature across 2 countries. And once again I will remind everyone, that is what was PREDICTED.
And if anyone has any interest in this, show what was observed by satellites and what was recorded at ground level. This is when we can test science. But none of you will because it will only diminish the value of your opinion.
04-07-2020 18:58
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2189)
James___ wrote:
For July 3rd, Day 2; Hi Temp Predicted Hi Temp
Salem, Oregon 75 72
Los Angeles, Ca. 79 81
St. Louis, Mo. 90 90
Vancouver, B.C. 57 58
Ontario, Canada 90 90
Washington, DC 90 92

From what that shows across 2 countries that an accurate statistical analysis is possible. With 6 cities being considered, it is off by only 8º F. That's within 1.16º F. of what was predicted. And since it is based on the jet stream, there will be a slight margin of error. And the 1.16º F. is acceptable for measuring the atmospheric temperature across 2 countries. And once again I will remind everyone, that is what was PREDICTED.
And if anyone has any interest in this, show what was observed by satellites and what was recorded at ground level. This is when we can test science. But none of you will because it will only diminish the value of your opinion.


And isn't that about the same, as the magic 'warming' number, the climatology nuts worship? As long as the warming hockey-stick stays within the margin of error, no reputable science can really dispute the findings, whether the believe it's nonsense, or the apocalypse.

Would the 'Day 2' mean the predictions were made 2 days before? Almost never that close in Florida, even the early morning predictions can are usual off. Unless we are looking at a clear skies trend, there can be quite a bug difference. Wind and water vapor screw up the predictions pretty quick.
04-07-2020 20:18
James___
★★★★★
(2987)
HarveyH55 wrote:
[quote]James___ wrote:
For July 3rd, Day 2; Hi Temp Predicted Hi Temp
Salem, Oregon 75 72
Los Angeles, Ca. 79 81
St. Louis, Mo. 90 90
Vancouver, B.C. 57 58
Ontario, Canada 90 90
Washington, DC 90 92

From what that shows across 2 countries that an accurate statistical analysis is possible. With 6 cities being considered, it is off by only 8º F. That's within 1.16º F. of what was predicted. And since it is based on the jet stream, there will be a slight margin of error. And the 1.16º F. is acceptable for measuring the atmospheric temperature across 2 countries. And once again I will remind everyone, that is what was PREDICTED.
And if anyone has any interest in this, show what was observed by satellites and what was recorded at ground level. This is when we can test science. But none of you will because it will only diminish the value of your opinion.



It takes more than 1 day for a statistical analysis. You sound like the Christians who cause me problems. Jesus is perfect.
With this, it's about if can accurately measure temperature by atmospheric pressure.
This is also based on predicting what the Jet Stream will do. Yet all you can say is there is no global warming. This isn't about that.
You see, with this, we would need to know where the Jet Stream actually was and how this influenced both temperature and atmospheric pressure many miles away.
And over the course of a week or two, the margin of error could decrease. And it might show that places like Florida are influenced by tropical destinations. Predicting when one will form weeks in advance, I'm not sure if we can.
Edited on 04-07-2020 20:51
04-07-2020 20:21
James___
★★★★★
(2987)
If anyone wants to, they can check those 6 cities and see how far off they are for the next week. If they remain off by about 1º F., it would show that a statistical analysis of the weather based on atmospheric pressure is quite possible. And this would show that we don't need a 1,000,0000
thermometers to measure temperature with. But one day's observation is not sufficient to base an opinion on.
04-07-2020 21:23
James___
★★★★★
(2987)
This link explains how tropical depressions and hurricanes form over the Atlantic Ocean; https://scijinks.gov/hurricane/
Often a tropical depression will start forming but it won't have the necessary rotation to sustain itself or to become a hurricane. This influences the weather in Florida. That's what I've heard anyway.
With this, it's a Millennium Prize. It's supposed to be worth $1 Million.;
Mathematicians and physicists believe that an explanation for and the prediction of both the breeze and the turbulence can be found through an understanding of solutions to the Navier-Stokes equations.
https://www.claymath.org/millennium-problems/navier%E2%80%93stokes-equation

If someone could figure that out, then weather and storm predictions would be more accurate. An example is "will a tropical depression form?". And this is where trying to predict when clouds over the Atlantic Ocean will influence the weather how in the state of Florida isn't an exact science. And with that equation known, then predicting such storms might greatly improve.
Then again, I'm no fun at parties.

Edited on 04-07-2020 21:25
05-07-2020 00:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13005)
James___ wrote:
If anyone wants to, they can check those 6 cities and see how far off they are for the next week. If they remain off by about 1º F., it would show that a statistical analysis of the weather based on atmospheric pressure is quite possible. And this would show that we don't need a 1,000,0000
thermometers to measure temperature with. But one day's observation is not sufficient to base an opinion on.


How far off of what? Base rate fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
Page 4 of 4<<<234





Join the debate It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
New High Temperature Records Again Outpace Lows2108-08-2020 03:28
Measuring the Earth's Surface Temperature501-07-2020 21:45
Once Again, High Temperature Records Outpace Low by a Wide Margin429-06-2020 21:40
NEW HIGH TEMPERATURE RECORDS CONTINUE TO OUTPACE LOW619-06-2020 22:02
Here Is Precisely How To Measure Global Average Temperature714-02-2020 01:33
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact