Remember me
▼ Content

It appears that past estimates of prehistoric CO2 levels were not accurate and there is no statistically

It appears that past estimates of prehistoric CO2 levels were not accurate and there is no statistically02-01-2016 04:19
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
significant correlation between CO2 and temperature throughout the vast majority of Earth's history. I quote.

In prehistoric times, during the Permian, in the Palaeozoic Era, for example, the concentration of Carbon Dioxide dropped below 210 ppmV. Throughout the Permian Period plant and animal species diverged and diversified as never before. Dinosaurs prospered and predominated over all the other orders of vertebrates. Coniferous plants first appeared in the Permian. The change of atmospheric temperature at the time of the Permian was around 10 °C. By comparison, the current change of global temperature is only 0.52 °C while the concentration of atmospheric carbon dioxide is 385 ppmV. If the global temperature is dependent on CO2, then the change of temperature at present would be around 10 °C or higher, as it was during the Permian Period.

From the early Triassic to the middle Cretaceous, the concentration of atmospheric Carbon Dioxide was similar to its current density. From the late cretaceous to the early Miocene, the concentration climbed above 210 ppmV. During the Holocene period, the concentration has oscillated from 210 ppmV to 385 ppmV.

It is possible that the concentration of atmospheric CO2 will increase normally in the course of the next 50 million years to 1050 ppmV or 2500 ppmV.

http://www.biocab.org/carbon_dioxide_geological_timescale.html
Edited on 02-01-2016 04:29
02-01-2016 04:32
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
Is it your mission to find every piece of wacky crap posted on blogs or youtube by crackpots on the internet and post it here?

You should try two 'sources' IbDaMann posted to support his claims:

- a blog run by a guy with zero science background who believes he can predict the climate using the Bible. Harris claims to be one of the "world's top climatologists". Oh and he's a 'chemtrails' conspiracy theorist as well

- the Ice Age Now blog run by a retired architect with zero background in science and crackpot extraordinaire Robert W Felix.

Here's a little background info on Felix:
http://americanloons.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/666-robert-w-felix.html

NB: I could be wrong, but I think those 2 crackpot blogs posted by IbDaMann have been the only sources 'cited' by him to support his scientifically illiterate wacky claims.

Edited on 02-01-2016 05:32
02-01-2016 05:55
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
By the way, the personal bloq you quoted from is run by Nasif Nahle. His speciality is apparently 'herbal medicine' ....and climate science misinformation.

I recommend you consult him if you are looking for a herbal enema.

Edited on 02-01-2016 05:58
02-01-2016 06:34
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
Warning to climate science ostriches: Don't watch the 2 lectures linked below by Professor Richard Alley on the history of earth's climate unless you want to actually learn about the evidence-based science from someone with qualifications, research, and expertise in Geosciences and Paleoclimate.

You may be more comfortable remaining misinformed and scientifically illiterate by reading evidence-free crap from crackpot personal blogs by people with no qualifications, research, or expertise in Geosciences -like Nasif Nahle's blog in Tai Hai Chen's opening post.

Professor Richard Alley - Curriculum Vitae

Lecture from the 2015 National Academy of Sciences Symposium
Richard Alley - 4.6 Billion Years of Earth's Climate History: The Role of CO2

Lecture from the 2009 American Geophysical Union 2009 conference:
The Biggest Control Knob: Carbon Dioxide is Earth's Climate History

Edited on 02-01-2016 06:35
02-01-2016 18:43
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)
@ Ceist - I'm flattered by you citing me in your signature. Great quotes.

It would actually be honest of you to place my quotation of agreement with Tai Hai Chen along with the actual quote with which I was agreeing, but since dishonesty is your modus operandi, the way you have it now is actually quite exemplary

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Join the debate It appears that past estimates of prehistoric CO2 levels were not accurate and there is no statistically:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Differences between the past and the present time2012-11-2023 23:07
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
Free window estimates? How exactly would anyone give me a window estimate019-09-2023 21:13
Well it appears that this board is the first casualty of WW3307-09-2023 12:27
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact