21-10-2022 18:50
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
[
I'm assuming that's how God makes his planetary glass enclosures, you know, through recycling in that way. That's why He has to have separation from California because they would have Him arrested for the bon fire.

Between Christians and scientists, God you are sooo much like them. Anymore though I do not believe in giving information away fro free in the hopes that someone (a person) can accept reality.
It is as I have mentioned in this forum before, history has recorded the fact that when Rome fell it had cooled, the Renaissance period warmed followed by a time of "significant" cooling.
To disagree with recorded history makes what you say suspect to being untruthful, not correct, a fabrication or falsehood. As to why or what anything means? Not my problem or concern.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

We don't need to know the temperature of the Earth. What we need to understand are temperature fluctuations. This is what helps farmers to know what to expect when it comes to planting seed.
And yet in England it is now warm enough to grow grapes for wine. This is where having an understanding of what range in temperatures can be expected helps to know what agricultural production is possible. That allows an economy to keep functioning even if long term changes in a temperature range occur.

Yeah, Florida's temperature fluctuated big-time Tuesday night. I had the AC running Tuesday, which I hadn't needed for a few weeks, but was doing yard work, sweating something awful, need to get my core temperature down. Wednesday morning, it was freezing cold, 50 F. Had to wear fukking long pants, and a shirt, in Florida. Friday, almost noon, and it's almost 70 F outside. Little chilly for just shorts, not bad for working though. Probably would be nice, if the Norwegian Jetstream wad blowing so hard.
21-10-2022 19:00
James_
★★★★★
(2211)
IBdaMann wrote:
James_ wrote: We don't need to know the temperature of the Earth. What we need to understand are temperature fluctuations.

How do you know whether the temperature has fluctuated if you don't know the temperature?

You mentioned farmers. Farmers measure the temperature at their farms to within their own individually determined acceptable margins of error. Farmers know when the temperature of their farms fluctuates ... within their own margins of error.

There is no one who knows the temperature of the earth to within any usable margin of error. Therefore, there is no way to understand any such fluctuations.

You really don't understand this subject, do you? That's one aspect of calculus that I guess you don't understand. It can demonstrate change over time. And with going by what the IPCC said in 2001 it seems that ozone depletion is responsible for the warming that has been happening since about 1978.
And you guys will say that the ozone layer doesn't matter when it's known that it does. There is a farmer in Montana who knows that I think seawater desalination needs to be improved to support farmers. Aquifers and water tables are going dry in the western U.S. and as for drought, if the warming continues then chances are that areas in the western U.S. will continue to experience drought.
And I think if I explain why ice ages and interglacials happen then that understanding would help to understand why there are warm and cool periods in the higher latitudes of the northern hemisphere. The problem is when the IPCC blames everything on CO2 they really hurt science.
Although I think once I can get my ileostomy I might just volunteer at a wildlife sanctuary. By the way, with the new Bessler Wheel build that I'm doing, that'll probably provide carbon neutral energy for hydrogen generation for cars as well as electricity for electric cars. And that would be more about my just wanting to have a life than changing or saving the world.
21-10-2022 19:56
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
IBdaMann wrote:
James_ wrote: We don't need to know the temperature of the Earth. What we need to understand are temperature fluctuations.

How do you know whether the temperature has fluctuated if you don't know the temperature?

You mentioned farmers. Farmers measure the temperature at their farms to within their own individually determined acceptable margins of error. Farmers know when the temperature of their farms fluctuates ... within their own margins of error.

There is no one who knows the temperature of the earth to within any usable margin of error. Therefore, there is no way to understand any such fluctuations.

James_ wrote: You really don't understand this subject, do you?

I must confess, I really want to meet the guy who truly understands your "subjects." However, little by little I'm working my way through your muddy waters. Please proceed. Don't slow down on my account.

James_ wrote:That's one aspect of calculus that I guess you don't understand.

That's one aspect of calculus that I guess doesn't exist.

James_ wrote: It can demonstrate change over time.

Not if you don't have any values to change.

James_ wrote:And with going by what the IPCC said in 2001 it seems that ozone depletion is responsible for the warming that has been happening since about 1978.

... but going by what the Vatican said in 2001, "there can be easy or readily applicable solutions to a problem like this. It is difficult enough to undertake an analysis of the situation, which is in constant flux and defies all preconceived models. There is also the difficulty of combining principles and values which, however reconcilable in the abstract, can prove on the practical level to be resistant to any easy synthesis. In addition, at a deeper level, there are always the demands which ethical commitment makes upon individuals, who are not free of self-interest and human limitations."

James_ wrote: And you guys will say that the ozone layer doesn't matter when it's known that it does.

I think you might have missed a post or two or seven or eighty. You should go back and read all of them. You are egregiously misstating positions.

James_ wrote: There is a farmer in Montana who knows that I think seawater desalination needs to be improved to support farmers.

Do you think seawater desalination needs to be improved, or do you think it actually needs to be accomplished.

But, hey, the farmer is in Montana so that's a good thing.

James_ wrote: Aquifers and water tables are going dry in the western U.S.

... in between rain.

James_ wrote: and as for drought, if the warming continues

What warming? Winter is coming? You know how that works, right?

James_ wrote: And I think if I explain why ice ages and interglacials happen then that understanding would help to understand why there are warm and cool periods in the higher latitudes of the northern hemisphere.

Yes, please explain why a rational adult should believe in any of that.

James_ wrote:The problem is when the IPCC blames everything on CO2 they really hurt science.

The problem is when the Vatican blames everything on human activity of Western world, they really hurt science.

The radicalization of identity which makes cultures resistant to any beneficial influence from outside is worrying enough; but no less perilous is the slavish conformity of cultures, or at least of key aspects of them, to cultural models deriving from the Western world.

Wait a minute! How is science hurt?

James_ wrote: Although I think once I can get my ileostomy I might just volunteer at a wildlife sanctuary.

Will that make it easier for you to fling poo?

James_ wrote:By the way, with the new Bessler Wheel build that I'm doing, that'll probably provide carbon neutral energy

Well, even if it doesn't provide any energy, it will certainly be carbon neutral ... even if it completes more than one rotation.

James_ wrote: And that would be more about my just wanting to have a life than changing or saving the world.

I'm sorry that those Western world Christians are persecuting you and your Bessler "quarter-turn". Just wait until the Vatical waves its finger in their face!
22-10-2022 00:09
(5196)
Which finger...

Hasn't there been droughts, since, well biblical times? I remember California droughts in my childhood, not to mention devastating wildfires, and mudslides. That was around 50 years ago. Not much has changed since then, and yet people seem to still be getting by in California, the western states. It's more of the 'I'm a victim, give me free-stuff', thing. Why don't they dig a few artificial lakes, to hold some of that mudslide causing excess rainfall. The can expect a short the following year, when they want it most. We don't always get what we want, when we want it. Very few places actually get little, to no rainfall the entire year. Lot of places get excessive rain, when a storm passes through. The excess is almost universally channeled into rivers, streams, or canals, to be run off to sea. But, lakes and reservoirs aren't great for land-loving mammals. Sure, some recreational potential, but most don't really want one in the neighborhood.

God provides all the resources we will ever need. He doesn't tell use how best to use or manage them.
22-10-2022 00:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
[
I'm assuming that's how God makes his planetary glass enclosures, you know, through recycling in that way. That's why He has to have separation from California because they would have Him arrested for the bon fire.

Between Christians and scientists, God you are sooo much like them. Anymore though I do not believe in giving information away fro free in the hopes that someone (a person) can accept reality.
It is as I have mentioned in this forum before, history has recorded the fact that when Rome fell it had cooled, the Renaissance period warmed followed by a time of "significant" cooling.
To disagree with recorded history makes what you say suspect to being untruthful, not correct, a fabrication or falsehood. As to why or what anything means? Not my problem or concern.

We don't need to know the temperature of the Earth. What we need to understand are temperature fluctuations.

Base rate fallacy. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
James_ wrote:
This is what helps farmers to know what to expect when it comes to planting seed.

Farmers don't use the temperature of the Earth to plant seed.
James_ wrote:
And yet in England it is now warm enough to grow grapes for wine.

This is where having an understanding of what range in temperatures can be expected helps to know what agricultural production is possible. That allows an economy to keep functioning even if long term changes in a temperature range occur.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of England either.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
22-10-2022 00:14
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
[

We don't need to know the temperature of the Earth. What we need to understand are temperature fluctuations. This is what helps farmers to know what to expect when it comes to planting seed.
And yet in England it is now warm enough to grow grapes for wine. This is where having an understanding of what range in temperatures can be expected helps to know what agricultural production is possible. That allows an economy to keep functioning even if long term changes in a temperature range occur.

Yeah, Florida's temperature fluctuated big-time Tuesday night. I had the AC running Tuesday, which I hadn't needed for a few weeks, but was doing yard work, sweating something awful, need to get my core temperature down. Wednesday morning, it was freezing cold, 50 F. Had to wear fukking long pants, and a shirt, in Florida. Friday, almost noon, and it's almost 70 F outside. Little chilly for just shorts, not bad for working though. Probably would be nice, if the Norwegian Jetstream wad blowing so hard.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of Florida.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
22-10-2022 00:22
(5196)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
[

True enough, but it was still unnaturally cold, regardless.
22-10-2022 00:23
(21582)
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You really don't understand this subject, do you? That's one aspect of calculus that I guess you don't understand. It can demonstrate change over time.

Base rate fallacy. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
James_ wrote:
And with going by what the IPCC said in 2001 it seems that ozone depletion is responsible for the warming that has been happening since about 1978.

Ozone was never depleted. Discard of the Chapman cycle.
James_ wrote:
And you guys will say that the ozone layer doesn't matter when it's known that it does.

Word stuffing. Gaslighting.
James_ wrote:
There is a farmer in Montana who knows that I think seawater desalination needs to be improved to support farmers.

So?
James_ wrote:
Aquifers and water tables are going dry in the western U.S. and as for drought, if the warming continues then chances are that areas in the western U.S. will continue to experience drought.

Define 'drought'. Do you consider the flooding of Yellowstone a 'drought'? Do you consider the flooding in Las Vegas a 'drought'?
James_ wrote:
And I think if I explain why ice ages and interglacials happen

What ice ages?
James_ wrote:
then that understanding would help to understand why there are warm and cool periods in the higher latitudes of the northern hemisphere.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of a hemisphere of Earth.
James_ wrote:
The problem is when the IPCC blames everything on CO2 they really hurt science.

Science can't be hurt. It has no feelings.
James_ wrote:
Although I think once I can get my ileostomy I might just volunteer at a wildlife sanctuary. By the way, with the new Bessler Wheel build that I'm doing, that'll probably provide carbon neutral energy for hydrogen generation for cars as well as electricity for electric cars. And that would be more about my just wanting to have a life than changing or saving the world.

Discard of the 1st law of thermodynamics.

The Parrot Killer

22-10-2022 00:28
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
[

True enough, but it was still unnaturally cold, regardless.

How do you define 'unnaturally cold'? Because your AC isn't running?? What about folks that have no AC? What about other houses in all of Florida?

The Parrot Killer

22-10-2022 02:55
(14389)
HarveyH55 wrote:True enough, but it was still unnaturally cold, regardless.

I'm guessing that you meant "unusually" cold. I'm betting any cold was totally natural.
22-10-2022 16:55
(5196)
We don't usually plunge 35-40 degrees over-night, and stay cold for the whole following day like that. We also tend to get rain, before a cold spell. Tuesday, was just a normal day, high 80s/low 90s. Not really hot, and humidity has been low since the hurricane. 50 F isn't really cold either, just needed to wear more clothes. Figured some of the northern states got hit pretty hard by the cold front, and likely did get some frost...

Just find it amusing that people still hyping rising global temperature, while we are still getting the cold spells. Got a hunch climate change is going to be a hard-sell item this winter. Hope most of the northerners have wood-burning stoves, an not relying on their solar farms and windmills.
22-10-2022 23:47
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
We don't usually plunge 35-40 degrees over-night, and stay cold for the whole following day like that. We also tend to get rain, before a cold spell. Tuesday, was just a normal day, high 80s/low 90s. Not really hot, and humidity has been low since the hurricane. 50 F isn't really cold either, just needed to wear more clothes. Figured some of the northern states got hit pretty hard by the cold front, and likely did get some frost...

Just find it amusing that people still hyping rising global temperature, while we are still getting the cold spells. Got a hunch climate change is going to be a hard-sell item this winter. Hope most of the northerners have wood-burning stoves, an not relying on their solar farms and windmills.

Who is 'we'? Are you having multiple personality disorder?

Climate cannot change. There is no value associated with climate to change.

The Parrot Killer

23-10-2022 08:02
(14389)
Spongy Iris, please watch THIS VIDEO.

You didn't answer my question when I asked it the first time, so I'll ask it again with respect to this video, which is simply the view (facing downward) from the camera fixed to the space shuttles main tank, which separates somewhere above 70 miles altitude.

Please focus on the question: At what point do you claim the video transitions from real to fake?
23-10-2022 17:21
(5196)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris, please watch THIS VIDEO.

You didn't answer my question when I asked it the first time, so I'll ask it again with respect to this video, which is simply the view (facing downward) from the camera fixed to the space shuttles main tank, which separates somewhere above 70 miles altitude.

Please focus on the question: At what point do you claim the video transitions from real to fake?

I can't begin to guess how many shuttle/rocket launches I've stood in my front yard and watched over the decades in Florida. And, I've missed a lot of them too, since I need a clear sky, be home, and awake. The launch schedule rarely provides an opportunity. Seems like a lot of bother, and expense to 'fake' so many launches. Lot of people drive over to see these launch live, and up-close as well. I'm sure there is thousands of amateur videos of the launches on social media. Of course most wouldn't show 70 miles in the sky. I can only see the engine flare and exhaust from my yard.

When we first started launching rockets into space, we didn't have electronic video recording, just film. We got live broadcasts. Even with recording on magnetic tape, it took a while before editing became more than cutting and splicing, like traditional film. Wasn't intended to fool anyone, just remove unwanted portions, or combine clips. The transitions were obvious.
Page 8 of 8<<<678

Join the debate Is the sun toxic?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Red Sun Images in England811-08-2023 22:20
Is The Moon Toxic?6129-04-2022 23:16
Climate change by how we use the sun?809-05-2021 17:06
Blocking out the Sun, to reduce global warming...427-04-2021 21:24
The Corona Virus NCOV Is Harmless If You Body Is Clean Healthy But Dangerous If Your Body Is Dirty Toxic031-07-2020 12:09
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact