Remember me
▼ Content

Is Mitch McConnell Being Played?



Page 3 of 3<123
29-12-2020 02:06
James___
★★★★★
(3704)
Guys, it's easy to prove that Rod Carew did not win 7 batting titles. Inflation and recession can easily be shown.

@gfm, is Trump Jesus?

For fun; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHcYFxU4fMo

Then there's always this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMJiZxw6Ef4
Edited on 29-12-2020 02:49
29-12-2020 02:54
James___
★★★★★
(3704)
Or for more fun; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRQmhI2EH14
It's not Minnie Ripperton or Carly Simon or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S3Yt-NxY0E.
Just having some https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv6dMFF_yts fun.


You guys are easy targets. Sorry.


I actually hope to meet Sina and the band she is in in Germany.

https://www.facebook.com/events/motorsport-arena-oschersleben/rock-metal-dayz-2021/330760481217077/
Edited on 29-12-2020 03:09
29-12-2020 03:13
Spongy Iris
★★★☆☆
(457)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
An often denied, or disregarded, reality of the stock market is that it is a zero sum game.


The stock market is not a zero sum game. Capitalism creates wealth.


Money ain't a thing.

For everything bought there is an equal amount sold. All sales minus all expenses are zero.



Your statement is correct. It does not account for an increase in the cost of what is being bought. This increase is always considered as inflation.


Inflation is the result of inequality in the zero sum game that is money.
...deleted repeat of misinformation novel and bad examples...

Money is not a zero sum game either.


It is what it is and it will not change just because you say so.


29-12-2020 03:15
James___
★★★★★
(3704)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBIa0o36pPo
29-12-2020 03:23
James___
★★★★★
(3704)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
An often denied, or disregarded, reality of the stock market is that it is a zero sum game.


The stock market is not a zero sum game. Capitalism creates wealth.


Money ain't a thing.

For everything bought there is an equal amount sold. All sales minus all expenses are zero.



Your statement is correct. It does not account for an increase in the cost of what is being bought. This increase is always considered as inflation.


Inflation is the result of inequality in the zero sum game that is money.
...deleted repeat of misinformation novel and bad examples...

Money is not a zero sum game either.


It is what it is and it will not change just because you say so.



BTW, your picture is mindful of Native Americans. Picture won't load.
https://paradelle.wordpress.com/2009/12/29/native-americans-and-the-blue-moon/
Edited on 29-12-2020 03:31
29-12-2020 03:50
Spongy Iris
★★★☆☆
(457)
James___ wrote:
Spongy, I'll need to read your post a few more times. I just want to make sure of what you're saying. So a reply will be a couple of days away. With that said, what's your opinion about this?
I've read about it before. As for your post, this might have little influence on it. It's more about profiting from short term trading. And when people wonder why day traders lose money, this would be why. In the short term, these traders would most likely make stock prices volatile for everyone except for themselves. And that's where what you posted seems to be about long term trends.
https://www.technologyreview.com/2009/12/21/207034/trading-shares-in-milliseconds/


Hey nice chatting with you James...

I don't have knowledge of order flow information, so I'm just a speculator when it comes to trading / investing.

As for the influence of automated trading or high frequency trading, my opinion is lots of traders / investors usually have a plan on what price will trigger them to buy a stock, or sell a stock for profit, or sell a stock to minimize losses. And people program themselves, by a machine or by their own brain, to execute a trade when their planned price point gets triggered.

When the price falls it is usually relatively fast and seems to trigger more people to act in a short time. If the price is rising it is usually relatively slow, and doesn't trigger as many people in a short time, but more people over a long time.

For people who have order flow information, they have a better idea of what will trigger automaton traders, and can "front run" them, as they say.

My opinion is traders without knowledge of order flow information (the dumb money) need to have long term strategy and should not try to compete against those with such knowledge (the smart money) in the short term. Bad risk management.

But also, IMO, on the flip side, all stocks must be sold: they aren't some giving tree that guarantees growth of retirement savings, through some generic diversification strategy.

Although the Nasdaq, for the past 50 years, sure does seem to prove my last paragraph dead wrong.


29-12-2020 03:57
James___
★★★★★
(3704)
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy, I'll need to read your post a few more times. I just want to make sure of what you're saying. So a reply will be a couple of days away. With that said, what's your opinion about this?
I've read about it before. As for your post, this might have little influence on it. It's more about profiting from short term trading. And when people wonder why day traders lose money, this would be why. In the short term, these traders would most likely make stock prices volatile for everyone except for themselves. And that's where what you posted seems to be about long term trends.
https://www.technologyreview.com/2009/12/21/207034/trading-shares-in-milliseconds/


Hey nice chatting with you James...

I don't have knowledge of order flow information, so I'm just a speculator when it comes to trading / investing.

As for the influence of automated trading or high frequency trading, my opinion is lots of traders / investors usually have a plan on what price will trigger them to buy a stock, or sell a stock for profit, or sell a stock to minimize losses. And people program themselves, by a machine or by their own brain, to execute a trade when their planned price point gets triggered.

When the price falls it is usually relatively fast and seems to trigger more people to act in a short time. If the price is rising it is usually relatively slow, and doesn't trigger as many people in a short time, but more people over a long time.

For people who have order flow information, they have a better idea of what will trigger automaton traders, and can "front run" them, as they say.

My opinion is traders without knowledge of order flow information (the dumb money) need to have long term strategy and should not try to compete against those with such knowledge (the smart money) in the short term. Bad risk management.

But also, IMO, on the flip side, all stocks must be sold: they aren't some giving tree that guarantees growth of retirement savings, through some generic diversification strategy.

Although the Nasdaq, for the past 50 years, sure does seem to prove my last paragraph dead wrong.


As I mentioned, for what you post, it will take time to consider. Your position isn't short term gains. Those are different. For ITN and company there is always https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao-Sahfy7Hg.


@Spongy, might not be the right forum for it but it is allowed here, what you see in the long term trends of the stock market might warrant its own thread. And if people wish to go away from the subject, they can always be reminded of other threads where they can say what it is they wish to say.
Edited on 29-12-2020 04:04
29-12-2020 05:51
James___
★★★★★
(3704)
If God blessed Texas,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izz0_qEl_-E

BTW ya'all, my parents from Norway and Kentucky hooked up in Texas.

Edited on 29-12-2020 06:07
29-12-2020 09:38
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(8056)
James___ wrote:
If God blessed Texas,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izz0_qEl_-E

BTW ya'all, my parents from Norway and Kentucky hooked up in Texas.


You mean that they hooked up the trailer, yes?




A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
29-12-2020 12:34
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(14484)
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
An often denied, or disregarded, reality of the stock market is that it is a zero sum game.


The stock market is not a zero sum game. Capitalism creates wealth.


Money ain't a thing.

For everything bought there is an equal amount sold. All sales minus all expenses are zero.



Your statement is correct. It does not account for an increase in the cost of what is being bought. This increase is always considered as inflation.


Inflation is the result of inequality in the zero sum game that is money.
...deleted repeat of misinformation novel and bad examples...

Money is not a zero sum game either.


It is what it is and it will not change just because you say so.



BTW, your picture is mindful of Native Americans. Picture won't load.
https://paradelle.wordpress.com/2009/12/29/native-americans-and-the-blue-moon/

Money is not a zero sum game just because you say so,


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
29-12-2020 12:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(14484)
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy, I'll need to read your post a few more times. I just want to make sure of what you're saying. So a reply will be a couple of days away. With that said, what's your opinion about this?
I've read about it before. As for your post, this might have little influence on it. It's more about profiting from short term trading. And when people wonder why day traders lose money, this would be why. In the short term, these traders would most likely make stock prices volatile for everyone except for themselves. And that's where what you posted seems to be about long term trends.
https://www.technologyreview.com/2009/12/21/207034/trading-shares-in-milliseconds/


Hey nice chatting with you James...

I don't have knowledge of order flow information, so I'm just a speculator when it comes to trading / investing.

As for the influence of automated trading or high frequency trading, my opinion is lots of traders / investors usually have a plan on what price will trigger them to buy a stock, or sell a stock for profit, or sell a stock to minimize losses. And people program themselves, by a machine or by their own brain, to execute a trade when their planned price point gets triggered.

When the price falls it is usually relatively fast and seems to trigger more people to act in a short time. If the price is rising it is usually relatively slow, and doesn't trigger as many people in a short time, but more people over a long time.

For people who have order flow information, they have a better idea of what will trigger automaton traders, and can "front run" them, as they say.

My opinion is traders without knowledge of order flow information (the dumb money) need to have long term strategy and should not try to compete against those with such knowledge (the smart money) in the short term. Bad risk management.

But also, IMO, on the flip side, all stocks must be sold: they aren't some giving tree that guarantees growth of

retirement savings, through some generic diversification strategy.

Although the Nasdaq, for the past 50 years, sure does seem to prove my last paragraph dead wrong.[/quote]
There is no reason all stocks must be sold.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
29-12-2020 17:56
Spongy Iris
★★★☆☆
(457)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
An often denied, or disregarded, reality of the stock market is that it is a zero sum game.


The stock market is not a zero sum game. Capitalism creates wealth.


Money ain't a thing.

For everything bought there is an equal amount sold. All sales minus all expenses are zero.



Your statement is correct. It does not account for an increase in the cost of what is being bought. This increase is always considered as inflation.


Inflation is the result of inequality in the zero sum game that is money.
...deleted repeat of misinformation novel and bad examples...

Money is not a zero sum game either.


It is what it is and it will not change just because you say so.



BTW, your picture is mindful of Native Americans. Picture won't load.
https://paradelle.wordpress.com/2009/12/29/native-americans-and-the-blue-moon/

Money is not a zero sum game just because you say so,


Not because I say so. No. It's just what I observe.


29-12-2020 18:02
Spongy Iris
★★★☆☆
(457)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy, I'll need to read your post a few more times. I just want to make sure of what you're saying. So a reply will be a couple of days away. With that said, what's your opinion about this?
I've read about it before. As for your post, this might have little influence on it. It's more about profiting from short term trading. And when people wonder why day traders lose money, this would be why. In the short term, these traders would most likely make stock prices volatile for everyone except for themselves. And that's where what you posted seems to be about long term trends.
https://www.technologyreview.com/2009/12/21/207034/trading-shares-in-milliseconds/


Hey nice chatting with you James...

I don't have knowledge of order flow information, so I'm just a speculator when it comes to trading / investing.

As for the influence of automated trading or high frequency trading, my opinion is lots of traders / investors usually have a plan on what price will trigger them to buy a stock, or sell a stock for profit, or sell a stock to minimize losses. And people program themselves, by a machine or by their own brain, to execute a trade when their planned price point gets triggered.

When the price falls it is usually relatively fast and seems to trigger more people to act in a short time. If the price is rising it is usually relatively slow, and doesn't trigger as many people in a short time, but more people over a long time.

For people who have order flow information, they have a better idea of what will trigger automaton traders, and can "front run" them, as they say.

My opinion is traders without knowledge of order flow information (the dumb money) need to have long term strategy and should not try to compete against those with such knowledge (the smart money) in the short term. Bad risk management.

But also, IMO, on the flip side, all stocks must be sold: they aren't some giving tree that guarantees growth of

retirement savings, through some generic diversification strategy.

Although the Nasdaq, for the past 50 years, sure does seem to prove my last paragraph dead wrong.

There is no reason all stocks must be sold.[/quote]

You must sell a stock if you want to profit.

If you don't want to profit, then by all means, just hold your stocks forever.


29-12-2020 18:18
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(8056)
Spongy Iris wrote:You must sell a stock if you want to profit.

Nonsense. You don't understand the nature of ownership.

Does a business owner need to sell his business in order to make a profit?

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
29-12-2020 18:45
Spongy Iris
★★★☆☆
(457)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:You must sell a stock if you want to profit.

Nonsense. You don't understand the nature of ownership.

Does a business owner need to sell his business in order to make a profit?

.


Someone who manages a business, such as its founder(s) or officers, get to take portion of the revenue.

Common stock holders are not entitled to anything like this, unless the company chooses to pay them a dividend.

If you want to buy a dividend paying stock and hold onto it so long as to try to collect as much in dividend payments as you invested in the stock, good luck.


29-12-2020 22:44
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(14484)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
An often denied, or disregarded, reality of the stock market is that it is a zero sum game.


The stock market is not a zero sum game. Capitalism creates wealth.


Money ain't a thing.

For everything bought there is an equal amount sold. All sales minus all expenses are zero.



Your statement is correct. It does not account for an increase in the cost of what is being bought. This increase is always considered as inflation.


Inflation is the result of inequality in the zero sum game that is money.
...deleted repeat of misinformation novel and bad examples...

Money is not a zero sum game either.


It is what it is and it will not change just because you say so.



BTW, your picture is mindful of Native Americans. Picture won't load.
https://paradelle.wordpress.com/2009/12/29/native-americans-and-the-blue-moon/

Money is not a zero sum game just because you say so,


Not because I say so. No. It's just what I observe.

Not an observation. Try again.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
29-12-2020 22:45
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(14484)
Spongy Iris wrote:

You must sell a stock if you want to profit.

If you don't want to profit, then by all means, just hold your stocks forever.

I've profited quite well by long term holding of stocks.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
Edited on 29-12-2020 22:50
29-12-2020 22:49
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(14484)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:You must sell a stock if you want to profit.

Nonsense. You don't understand the nature of ownership.

Does a business owner need to sell his business in order to make a profit?

.


Someone who manages a business, such as its founder(s) or officers, get to take portion of the revenue.

Because they own stock in the company.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Common stock holders are not entitled to anything like this, unless the company chooses to pay them a dividend.

That's revenue directed toward common stock holders.
Spongy Iris wrote:
If you want to buy a dividend paying stock and hold onto it so long as to try to collect as much in dividend payments as you invested in the stock, good luck.

No need. The value of the stock goes up as long as the company is doing well. That's how the founders and officers make most of their wealth as well.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
Page 3 of 3<123





Join the debate Is Mitch McConnell Being Played?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Power That Mitch has201-10-2019 11:22
Dozens of Youth Activists Arrested After Green New Deal Protest in Mitch McConnell's Office226-02-2019 20:25
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact