Remember me
▼ Content

Is it really is doing it

Page 1 of 3123>
Is it really is doing it03-01-2020 09:08
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
The UK was as some point in the distant past a sub tropical country then we where covered in ice did our caveman family really make that much co2 to cause these changes and looking back in history it seems these changes in climate are not unheard of as the earth wobbles on it's axis the point of the earth gets closer or father away from the sun so would cause hotter or colder temperatures. I admit we are not helping but to claim it it entirely our fault makes it untrue so loosing my vote. I urge the activists to be honest I worry about our children's mental health because of the scare tactics they are using.
03-01-2020 15:07
Third world guy
★☆☆☆☆
(88)
The mental health of children and adolescents is not important, in contrast to the vested interests against fossil fuels.

The mafia defending anthropogenic climate change will continue to use them to their advantage, and there is nothing we can do to prevent it.

A couple of months ago, my seven-year-old grandson told me, bewildered, that he would die in about ten or twelve years due to climate change. Of course I denied it strictly, but we must see if he believes me more than his teachers.

There are three kinds of climate change: that generated by natural factors; that generated by man; and that generated by economic interests.
03-01-2020 16:20
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
Now you have a grandson who will if not already be suffering with mental health problems. A lot of the scientists would tell you it's not as bad as potrayed but can't because they will loose funding so a great part of the truth is being withheld I agree we are part of the problem but not all it is a natural cycle
03-01-2020 16:27
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
It's not the younger generations mental health I worry about when I read the posts on this site.
03-01-2020 21:04
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
spot wrote: It's not the younger generations mental health I worry about when I read the posts on this site.

I know what you mean. You took one look at the thread title and couldn't figure it out.

You weren't planning on leaving this forum I hope! That would be pretty drastic just because a warmizombie posted something. You're going to have to be a little more flexible.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-01-2020 21:25
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
No plans on leaving it soon I don't like the eco warriors telling me things that aren't as straight forward as they make it and to use a 12 year old girl with Asperger's to front their campaign goes to show their mentality. My own grandchildren have had to be treated for stress because they believe everything they are told so it's time people understand that the earth has natural cycles as well
03-01-2020 21:26
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
No plans on leaving it soon I don't like the eco warriors telling me things that aren't as straight forward as they make it and to use a 12 year old girl with Asperger's to front their campaign goes to show their mentality. My own grandchildren have had to be treated for stress because they believe everything they are told so it's time people understand that the earth has natural cycles as well
04-01-2020 06:17
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Bigal wrote:...the earth gets closer or father away from the sun so would cause hotter or colder temperatures...
The threat isn't that things will change it's that they will change too quickly for ecosystems to adapt.

I think we all believe in adaption and in the woolly mammoth right? (39,000 year old wooley below):

People are morons when they claim that because things are changing it's proof some crazy sh$t is going down. Things are always changing. I wondered about this when I saw a show about Tangiers island sinking due to modern AGW and they then revealed in the report that 1/2 the island had already sunk in the 1800s: Tangier Island , should it be used as an example?

But what if things change too quickly for ecosystems/economies/humans to adapt?

There are no wooley mammoths today just bald elephants. I'm sure given time they could grow it out again.

This is 800,000 years according to NASA which really seems to work hard to support current consensus on Global Warming:

Clearly we've been warmer before by a bit according to them and our leaping off point today to go warmer has nothing to do with modern fossil fuel use but was cyclical.

Third world guy wrote:
A couple of months ago, my seven-year-old grandson told me, bewildered, that he would die in about ten or twelve years due to climate change.
You should really find out who told him that! That's horrible. I think a teacher would get in a lot of trouble for that one.
04-01-2020 06:29
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
It goes to show that the people telling our younger generation the doom and gloom point that they themselves are out of touch with reality and should look back in history. The trouble is scientists are making a lot of money for the research so why say it's a normal effect caused by the earth's wobble in its orbit of the sun if they did no job so no incentive to tell the truth
04-01-2020 06:29
(14373)
tmiddles wrote: But what if things change too quickly for ecosystems/economies/humans to adapt?

This is a great hypothetical. This is how AMWAY hooks people into the scam. They have you close your eyes and imagine that you are filthy rich and they ask you what you will do when you have more cash than you can spend! Warmizombies do the same thing. They get you thinking of panic scenarios and get you to worry about hypotheticals as though they are real.

tmiddles wrote: This is 800,000 years according to NASA which really seems to work hard to support current consensus on Global Warming:

You can choose to go with science or you can go with the uninformed consensus. You choose to declare your uninformed opinion to be the "consensus."

Nope. You don't get to speak for anyone else. You are just one moron. Your WACKY religion doesn't somehow become more credible by you pretending to speak for countless others.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
04-01-2020 06:32
(14373)
Bigal wrote: The trouble is scientists are making a lot of money for the research

Nope. Political activists, not scientists, are making a lot of money for writing fiction that supports the government party line.

Scientists are finding that their lives are being destroyed by disagreeing with the fallacies being perpetrated.

04-01-2020 06:41
(3979)
Bigal wrote:... so why say it's a normal effect caused by the earth's wobble ...
Do you think that's the only thing that determines a planets climate? You dismiss entirely the possibility that human activity could cause a change?

You say they should admit it as though it's just obvious and anyone would know it's only Earth's orbit.
04-01-2020 06:57
(14373)
tmiddles wrote: Do you think that's the only thing that determines a planets climate?

What a stupid question. Define your terms first ... unambiguosly.

Doesn't earth have millions of climates? Which one do you mean?

tmiddles wrote: You dismiss entirely the possibility that human activity could cause a change?

I'm sure he realies that thinking doesn't change any climate.

tmiddles wrote: You say they should admit it as though it's just obvious and anyone would know it's only Earth's orbit.

Yep, seems pretty obvious to me. It should be obvious to any rational person.

What? You're not a rational person?

04-01-2020 07:15
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
Doesn't earth have millions of climates?
In his own post he identifies, correctly, that the entire Earth has a changing mean temp due to changes in our orbit.

You may pretend all you like that the temperature of an object large, Earth, or small, you in the room you're in right now, is hopelessly unknowable.

But I know the temperature of Denver too. You have no argument at all. You are debunked in my sig.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is ever valid for them
04-01-2020 07:34
(14373)
tmiddles wrote: You may pretend all you like that the temperature of an object large, Earth, or small, you in the room you're in right now, is hopelessly unknowable.

Help me parse this sentence. Are you giving me some sort of permission?

tmiddles wrote:But I know the temperature of Denver too.

Of course. You declared it.

04-01-2020 10:23
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
Bigal wrote:...the earth gets closer or father away from the sun so would cause hotter or colder temperatures...
The threat isn't that things will change it's that they will change too quickly for ecosystems to adapt.

Void argument fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
I think we all believe in adaption and in the woolly mammoth right?

Define 'adaption'.
tmiddles wrote:
People are morons when they claim that because things are changing it's proof some crazy sh$t is going down.

You must be a moron, then, by your own definition.
tmiddles wrote:
Things are always changing. I wondered about this when I saw a show about Tangiers island sinking due to modern AGW and they then revealed in the report that 1/2 the island had already sunk in the 1800s: Tangier Island , should it be used as an example?
RDCF. RQAA.
tmiddles wrote:
But what if things change too quickly for ecosystems/economies/humans to adapt?

What makes you think they would?
tmiddles wrote:
There are no wooley mammoths today just bald elephants.

Elephants have hair.
tmiddles wrote:
I'm sure given time they could grow it out again.

Maybe you should have them visit Bosley.
tmiddles wrote:
This is 800,000 years according to NASA

Argument from randU. NASA is making up random numbers and stories again.
tmiddles wrote:
which really seems to work hard to support current consensus on Global Warming:

Define 'global warming'.
tmiddles wrote:
Clearly we've been warmer before by a bit according to them

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
tmiddles wrote:
and our leaping off point today to go warmer has nothing to do with modern fossil fuel use

We don't use fossils for fuel. Fossils don't burn.
tmiddles wrote:
[quote]Third world guy wrote:
A couple of months ago, my seven-year-old grandson told me, bewildered, that he would die in about ten or twelve years due to climate change.
You should really find out who told him that! That's horrible. I think a teacher would get in a lot of trouble for that one.

What? You don't want religion in school???

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-01-2020 10:26
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
Bigal wrote:... so why say it's a normal effect caused by the earth's wobble ...
Do you think that's the only thing that determines a planets climate?
There is no such thing as a 'global climate'.
tmiddles wrote:
You dismiss entirely the possibility that human activity could cause a change?
Define 'climate change'.
tmiddles wrote:
You say they should admit it as though it's just obvious and anyone would know it's only Earth's orbit.

There is no such thing as a 'global climate'. Earth has many climates.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-01-2020 10:28
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
In answer to many questions you say which part is getting hotter as I said the earth's axis wobbles in its orbit so the axis is at the poles so causing melting which in turn affects the rest of the climate. Do try to keep up thank you
04-01-2020 10:29
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Doesn't earth have millions of climates?
In his own post he identifies, correctly, that the entire Earth has a changing mean temp due to changes in our orbit.

Climate has no temperature.
tmiddles wrote:
You may pretend all you like that the temperature of an object large, Earth, or small, you in the room you're in right now, is hopelessly unknowable.

The temperature of the Earth is unknown.
tmiddles wrote:
But I know the temperature of Denver too.

The temperature of Denver is unknown.
tmiddles wrote:
You have no argument at all.

Inversion fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
You are debunked in my sig.

A sig is not a proof.

The Parrot Killer

04-01-2020 10:30
(21559)
Bigal wrote:
In answer to many questions you say which part is getting hotter as I said the earth's axis wobbles in its orbit so the axis is at the poles so causing melting which in turn affects the rest of the climate. Do try to keep up thank you

Polar 'wobble' does not increase or decrease the declination, nor bring the Earth closer to, or further away from, the Sun.

The Parrot Killer

04-01-2020 10:47
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
So tell me how does that work if the wobble that is a slow thing is leaning towards the sun it's not going to increase the temperature at that point or when it's father away gets cooler by a few degrees you obviously do not understand the principal or your a climate scientist
04-01-2020 13:24
(3979)
Bigal wrote:
So tell me how does that work if the wobble that is a slow thing is leaning towards the sun it's not going to increase the temperature at that point or when it's father away gets cooler by a few degrees you obviously do not understand the principal or your a climate scientist

So do you believe there are no factors other than a planets orbit and "wobble" that determine its temperature?
04-01-2020 13:31
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
If you care to read my first note I say that we are partly to blame but not wholly which the activists claim we are to blame do you deny that in the UK in the distant past we have had sub tropical and ice ages do you blame the distant ancestors for that as well
04-01-2020 13:35
(3979)
Bigal wrote:
If you care to read my first note I say that we are partly to blame but not wholly which the activists claim we are to blame do you deny that in the UK in the distant past we have had sub tropical and ice ages do you blame the distant ancestors for that as well

Of course Earth's climate has fluctuated independent of human influence for millions of years.

That does not mean humans are not capable of influencing it now.

It does mean someone is simply uninformed to say it's unprecidented that the climate would change. I took that to be your point.
Edited on 04-01-2020 13:35
04-01-2020 13:44
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
My main concern is that making children believe that the world will end very soon is not good and agreed we need to do better ourselves but to explain that the earth does go through cycles of hot and cold which is historically factual I object to having my granddaughter in tears because she thinks she will be dead in a few years that makes me angry and which is why I do not support the activists and that's why I will not change my mind until they admit that the earth does cycle temperature and we have not helped but we need to do better instead of the doom and gloom they even go as far as get a young girl Greta thunberg who at the age of 12 to be a spokesman for them this girl suffers from ashbergers syndrome and believes with a passion what she is told the speaches where written for her.
04-01-2020 16:02
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Bigal wrote:
My main concern is that making children believe that the world will end very soon is not good and agreed we need to do better ourselves but to explain that the earth does go through cycles of hot and cold which is historically factual I object to having my granddaughter in tears because she thinks she will be dead in a few years that makes me angry and which is why I do not support the activists and that's why I will not change my mind until they admit that the earth does cycle temperature and we have not helped but we need to do better instead of the doom and gloom they even go as far as get a young girl Greta thunberg who at the age of 12 to be a spokesman for them this girl suffers from ashbergers syndrome and believes with a passion what she is told the speaches where written for her.

And yet here you are bringing your granddaughter into it. It's her against Greta.
I think you also mean aspergers and speeches.
04-01-2020 16:08
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
So are you saying that you are not protective of you family and apologies for spelling mistake but you obviously understood what I mean as far as Greta is concerned I am appalled that you don't think she has been exploited by the activists and my granddaughter as with other young people I do not thing using such scare tactics are appropriate if you believe they are you are either not a parent or misguided
04-01-2020 16:51
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Bigal wrote:
So are you saying that you are not protective of you family and apologies for spelling mistake but you obviously understood what I mean as far as Greta is concerned I am appalled that you don't think she has been exploited by the activists and my granddaughter as with other young people I do not thing using such scare tactics are appropriate if you believe they are you are either not a parent or misguided

The issue here is that you are using your granddaughter as leverage. The parents of activists can make the same claim as you. You're exploiting your granddaughter to promote your perspective while they are concerned about their children's futures.
I think it's sad that you bring my personal life into your wants. I have things that I'm actually pursuing which would allow for a better understanding of climate change. And with you? You're doing nothing but complaining. Still, that makes you an activist in your own way.

This is for fun. How much energy does the thermohaline circulation hold? How much heat is O2 responsible for removing from our atmosphere? When O2 tropospheric levels decrease and CO2 levels increase, how does this change in the density in the atmosphere influence the amount of water vapor in our atmosphere?
Teach that to your granddaughter and then she'll know something that actually influences climate change.

p.s., the graph for world population https://binged.it/2FjzDQD looks like the same graph for global warming https://binged.it/2Fmu2Jy. What are the odds of that happening? Deforestation removes oxygen from the atmosphere but not CO2. The real problem might be the explosive population growth.
Edited on 04-01-2020 17:11
04-01-2020 17:15
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
It would depend on the salt content as the pole is nearer the sun ice is melting so the salt content is reduced so energy is reduced through reduction of heat so energy is released.
So you failed attempts of confusion is gone I understand where your comming from but again you fail to see the point teaching our children thermo dynamics of the earth which most will not understand is pointless however using scare tactics just leaves them feeling were all going to die in a few years so what's the point
As an engineer don't try to use science and baffle me it's not cleaver
04-01-2020 17:21
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
Btw the thermohaline also affects the jet stream which directly affects the weather
04-01-2020 19:16
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
Bigal wrote:
Btw the thermohaline also affects the jet stream which directly affects the weather

It's just the Norwegian Jet Stream that solely controls Global Warming, least best I can figure from reading the posts here. Norway is somehow screwing up the whole planet.
04-01-2020 20:44
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Bigal wrote:

It's just the Norwegian Jet Stream that solely controls Global Warming, least best I can figure from reading the posts here. Norway is somehow screwing up the whole planet.

Aren't you the person that calls mass transit "The Obama Train".
It's sad Harvey55 but what you call "The Norwegian Jet Stream" is actually known as the polar jet stream. It's sad when you are openly bigoted to mask your ignorance of science.
04-01-2020 21:15
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
Well James it would seem you really dislike people that disagree with you surely it it time to be open to the possibility that you may not be a right as you think you are I don't say everyone who disagrees with me is wrong I admit we are not helping ourselves with climate change but you should also look at the possibility I'm right as well and the earth goes through natural cycles which affects the climate don't diss anyone who disagrees with your view I remain open and still maintain my views. As a point I had a friend who has spent over 10 years studying weather from the past several hundred years even before records began reading tails of ice and heat and did a comparison and got a sine wave pattern of hot and cold weather patterns so it's a regular cycle until this research is published I'll wait but still believe it's not all us
04-01-2020 21:55
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Bigal wrote:
Well James it would seem you really dislike people that disagree with you surely it it time to be open to the possibility that you may not be a right as you think you are I don't say everyone who disagrees with me is wrong I admit we are not helping ourselves with climate change but you should also look at the possibility I'm right as well and the earth goes through natural cycles which affects the climate don't diss anyone who disagrees with your view I remain open and still maintain my views. As a point I had a friend who has spent over 10 years studying weather from the past several hundred years even before records began reading tails of ice and heat and did a comparison and got a sine wave pattern of hot and cold weather patterns so it's a regular cycle until this research is published I'll wait but still believe it's not all us

So what you're saying that if there was a Medieval Warm Period and that a Little Ice Age followed, that there is also a Norwegian Jet Stream?
The only issue with that is that it was GasGuzzler who coined the term "The Norwegian Jet Stream" didn't know that the jet streams circle the globe. He thought it was something only associated with Norway. And now you are what? Trying to defend Harvey55 who was speaking up for GasGuzzler?
Hanging out with you guys (you and Harvey55) is like hanging out with the kids in school who didn't realize that they had to open their books and even study them to learn something.
04-01-2020 22:09
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
Well if you read my reply I don't remember saying anything about the Norwegian jet stream but as you say a medieval warm and mini ice age was that our fault or did the correct it as you suggest we do don't remember them driving cars then unless the horses drank petrol
04-01-2020 23:03
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Bigal,
Sure, there are natural cycles. They are very long term cycles.
The problem is we are adding to them and that is causing short term problems regardless of what the long term problems are doing. It's kind of like if you knew there was a huge and deadly tidal wave coming in 5000 years but there was a swarm of bees coming very very soon. What would you do - complain abuot the tidal wave in 5000 years or deal with the right now?
04-01-2020 23:35
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Bigal wrote:
Well if you read my reply I don't remember saying anything about the Norwegian jet stream but as you say a medieval warm and mini ice age was that our fault or did the correct it as you suggest we do don't remember them driving cars then unless the horses drank petrol

My, my. Aren't you the clever one? keepit is right you know. I think it's funny because posting in here has changed my perspective. I always used to say natural variation and that we need CO2 to protect the ozone layer in the stratosphere. Read my old posts.
The argument usually goes No Global Warming or CO2 Is Causing Global Warming.
And I was disliked for saying Environmentalism. I tend to be an asshat that way. Some people can live in N.Y.C. but I'm not one of them.
This is kind of why I think a better solar panel is needed. It would improve carbon capture, make desalination more affordable and could allow for even more technical innovations. A source of cheap, clean energy might be what is needed in a world of over 7 billion people. It would allow for innovation.
05-01-2020 01:30
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
I agree use solar panels however then you need the batteries which uses energy to make then take into account the solar panels I would say it would take a few years before you can say your carbon neutral but at least your trying as opposed to the others who just say we should do something and don't give any ideas what. I suggest they work on how rather than tell us to do something. We have attributed to climate change but not all of it we have just given it a slight boost. My argument is do not frighten out kids giving them nightmares and stress them this world is stressful enough
05-01-2020 01:46
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Bigal wrote:
I agree use solar panels however then you need the batteries which uses energy to make then take into account the solar panels I would say it would take a few years before you can say your carbon neutral but at least your trying as opposed to the others who just say we should do something and don't give any ideas what. I suggest they work on how rather than tell us to do something. We have attributed to climate change but not all of it we have just given it a slight boost. My argument is do not frighten out kids giving them nightmares and stress them this world is stressful enough

I can't make sense of your post. One I do like is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNrOZxfVuSI. She's 14 (the one singing) and she's obviously stressed. The drummer is 20 FYI. How do they deal with it?
05-01-2020 01:48
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Bigal,
There are many ways to stop people from discussing global warming. For example, name calling, lies, disinformation, false claims etc. but i've never heard "Don't scare the children."
I'll try not to scare the children. "R" ratings might help.
Page 1 of 3123>

Join the debate Is it really is doing it:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact