Remember me
▼ Content

Is it really is doing it



Page 3 of 3<123
06-01-2020 18:37
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
Glad to see someone has the same thought as me regarding Greta I just think it was a shame she has missed her childhood because the activists needed publicity and for good reason no-one listened to them the fact she gave speeches written by them to the public is proof they will stop at nothing to spread panic that is unfounded do they really think the politicians will take note of a child I think not.
06-01-2020 20:50
James___
★★★★★
(2994)
Bigal wrote:
Well you did say Germany but I guess I'll give you that however getting the country wrong I doubt you can really say that's telling lies. Btw last year was hit agreed but I remember in the 70s it was much hotter last year was the second hottest in 100 years again it shows fluctuations in the weather is normal



Is that the best you can do? If you see a picture of 2 different girls, you can't tell them apart? I hope you're not that stupid. Still, it shows you're a waste of time.

Bye
06-01-2020 21:11
James___
★★★★★
(2994)
And Bigal, Harvey55 says that we should do what doctors tell us. The scientists with the IPCC are all doctors. And Harvey55 says that if doctors make mistakes, we should be thankful for what they're trying to do for us. I will agree with Harvey55. Things go better when we listen to doctors and appreciate they're putting out on our behalf. He is right about this and I am also glad that you are like him as well.
06-01-2020 21:27
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
If doctor's make mistakes we are all dead scientists research however when they find a cash cow they will drag their heels and pretty sure they won't say it admit all the money was for nothing after all that would need more research to make sure so nevermind the tax payer can pay for it.
Maybe James instead of trying to be cleaver grab a placard and join the others with no jobs and protest about something after all most of those protesting will find something to stand around doing nothing practical to sort out the problems as they see it
07-01-2020 03:13
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2204)
James___ wrote:
And Bigal, Harvey55 says that we should do what doctors tell us. The scientists with the IPCC are all doctors. And Harvey55 says that if doctors make mistakes, we should be thankful for what they're trying to do for us. I will agree with Harvey55. Things go better when we listen to doctors and appreciate they're putting out on our behalf. He is right about this and I am also glad that you are like him as well.


A plea, to share your soap opera style, medical issues, again? Won't Medicare pay for you elective crap-sack? No doctor is going to agree to rip out you colon, and install a bag, because a patient has problem with American (tm) toilets.

Play all the fool word games you want, would expect an different, games are what you do best. i'll remember to use the word 'physician', when discussion your medical problems, so you won't confuse the use of 'doctor'. Have you tried get you bag in Norway? Isn't that medical tourism country, where you can get anything you can pay for, no questions, no arguments?
07-01-2020 05:02
James___
★★★★★
(2994)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
And Bigal, Harvey55 says that we should do what doctors tell us. The scientists with the IPCC are all doctors. And Harvey55 says that if doctors make mistakes, we should be thankful for what they're trying to do for us. I will agree with Harvey55. Things go better when we listen to doctors and appreciate they're putting out on our behalf. He is right about this and I am also glad that you are like him as well.


A plea, to share your soap opera style, medical issues, again? Won't Medicare pay for you elective crap-sack? No doctor is going to agree to rip out you colon, and install a bag, because a patient has problem with American (tm) toilets.

Play all the fool word games you want, would expect an different, games are what you do best. i'll remember to use the word 'physician', when discussion your medical problems, so you won't confuse the use of 'doctor'. Have you tried get you bag in Norway? Isn't that medical tourism country, where you can get anything you can pay for, no questions, no arguments?



What an ignorant post. I think I actually feel sorry for you.
09-01-2020 08:23
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
Thought you might find this interesting about the north pole moving towards london so not surprised it's melting.
North Pole is gradually moving towards London is surprising, perhaps slightly less shocking is what's behind the shift - after studying satellite data, the NASA team found that humans are pretty much to blame, due to our influence on the planet's water content.

Adhikari and co-researcher Erik Ivins used data from NASA's GRACE satellites to see whether water mass across the planet was related to Earth's spin axis, and found an incredibly strong link.

In fact, the influence was so large that when they used the changes in land water mass to predict the positions of the North and South Pole between 2003 and 2015, the results perfectly lined up with the real data.

"This is much more than a simple correlation," said Ivins. "We have isolated the cause."

Before this, it was assumed that water was playing a role in some way, but most of the blame was put on climate change and the melting of the Greenland Ice Sheet. 

But Adhikari and Ivins showed that the changes in Greenland alone weren't generating enough energy to pull Earth's spin axis so far to the east.
So they start to blame us but the full report starts to doubt it funny that dont you think. Before you ask jame I didn't include the full report it's pretty large I suggest find it and read
09-01-2020 09:00
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3324)
Bigal wrote:
Thought you might find this interesting about the north pole moving towards london so not surprised it's melting.

I didn't actually know the wobble wobbled.
link:scientificamerican.com/article

So the scenario the same researchers accept is that sea level has changed dramatically for all of Earth history with ice age sea level being 120 meters lower than today.

The period in time where AGW could be a big factor shows 9" of rise:
https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicators/climate-change-indicators-sea-level
Or 0.2% of the rise since the ice age. That's 9" is 0.23M, 0.23/120 is 1/5th of 1%.

Probably why the last paragraph of the article is essentially "never mind":
"It's important to realize that this wobble isn't the prelude to any sort of environmental calamity, Ivins and Adhikari said. It doesn't affect agriculture or climate in and of itself, and any small impact on navigational equipment is easy to correct for."
09-01-2020 11:07
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
But this does show why the pole is melting as it moves south from its original position until reading the article I sort of believed as many others did the activists told us co2 and ozone reduction due to man caused it. Which is why I now reject what they say and look into it myself it's not all as straight forward as the make it. But glad to see some one else reads.
As for the "wobble" I was asking if as the earth wobbles on its axis could the warm or cold be partly be to blame as if a point is farther or closer to a heat source the temperature will change so I guess the title of the thread should have been "is it really us doing it all"
09-01-2020 13:56
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3324)
Bigal wrote:
But this does show why the pole is melting as it moves south


It moved less than 100 feet and so glaciers are melting?
09-01-2020 14:01
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
According to the research 10cm per year however you say 100 feet in how long was that. As I have said just one of a number of things that is not spoken about by the activists who continue to blame man entirely for it all maybe it's moved because the people of Greenland where facing the wrong way when breaking wind
09-01-2020 14:16
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3324)
Bigal wrote:
10cm per year ...


It sounds like its imperceptable. Like it wouldn't explain anything.
09-01-2020 14:25
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
3 miles or so in the last 500 years but what effect has it on the thermohaline after all the more fresh water that goes in affects the salinity
09-01-2020 17:51
James___
★★★★★
(2994)
tmiddles wrote:
Bigal wrote:
But this does show why the pole is melting as it moves south


It moved less than 100 feet and so glaciers are melting?



What you might consider is that before we had satellites in space, what was the margin of error? A lot of science mentioned today suggests that better observations have changed perceptions.
They are also saying that the magnetic north pole is moving. This suggests that the earth's core has moved. https://phys.org/news/2019-02-compass-magnetic-north-pole.html So maybe if the earth is tilting on it's axis it's because it's because it's core has moved? Who knows, maybe it's hundreds of years behind tectonic plate uplifting. https://geolnew.blogspot.com/2011/07/how-does-ice-cause-tectonic-plates-to.html
We'll just have to wait and see if GaGuzzler calls this "The Norwegian Movement of Tectonic Plates" because https://home.nps.gov/glba/learn/nature/tectonic-terranes-of-glacier-bay.htm.
Edited on 09-01-2020 18:12
09-01-2020 18:11
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
This is my point about the fact we are told it's us causing the issue but accurate measurement and recording is a relatively new thing what did Fred Flintstone say when the ice age started "bugger should have made less fires"?
10-01-2020 00:04
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3324)
Bigal wrote:
This is my point about the fact we are told it's us causing the issue but accurate measurement and recording is a relatively new thing what did Fred Flintstone say when the ice age started "bugger should have made less fires"?


The accuracy of our comparisons of today with the past, and even our ability to claim accuracy to within 1 degree today is definitely a good question.

One think I've always been annoyed with in scientific media is everything is presented doubt free. There is never:
"We are very sure of this and maybe that is true" as there should be. I wish it was all color coded for confidence levels.
10-01-2020 07:54
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
This is my point the scientific community will not admit that this is a slightly above normal pattern because if they did they would be out of a job and would have to do some proper job and the activists will have to get a job
10-01-2020 08:07
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3324)
Bigal wrote:
This is my point the scientific community will not admit that this is a slightly above normal pattern because if they did they would be out of a job and would have to do some proper job and the activists will have to get a job

You're assuming there is nothing to it.

Here is the double talk of the opposition to climate mania where two incompatible points are simultaneously made by the same party:
Point 1:They are overconfident in the conclusions they make. The measurements aren't precise enough and they are pretending they have definitive proof their theory is correct. They say they know a lot of things they are only guessing at. The evidence just isn't reliable.
Point 2: I've figured out that everything is normal. There is absolutely nothing to the AGW theory and the evidence proves it. The evidence proves there is no truth to the theory.

Intentionally or not you've done this yourself in this very thread Bigal.
10-01-2020 08:17
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
I have always been open to my view the earth has a cycle that is like a seasonal change but over many years however the human race in the last couple of hundred years have had an influence but not as dramatic as we are being led to believe I mentioned in an earlier post I have a friend who has studied weather over the centuries using records and historical data to show a pattern this is not yet published but let's face it anyone showing different to the scientific community will find it difficult to get published. I still have not had anyone come back to tell me how many new power stations we will need if we go all electric cars as both solar and wind power are less efficient
10-01-2020 09:39
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3324)
Bigal wrote:...I have a friend who has studied weather...
The grand conspiracy would in my view simply be one of silence if there is one at all. There are people who are brilliant, devote their lives to a scientific subject and I think they should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Another way you can parse a hot button issue is to look at work done when it wasn't an issue at all.

Prior to the 1980s "Global Warming" was truly a non-existent issue publicly and no scientist would have felt any pressure to remain silent or spin anything.

I think you can come develop a wrong conclusion when you first have a hypothesis and then go looking for evidence to support it, casting aside anything that doesn't like someone with a metal detector on the beach finding bottle caps. There are people doing that today more and more convinced that the Earth is flat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_flat_Earth_societies
10-01-2020 09:47
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
It really sounds like we are on the same page it's almost a fashion to be a climate change activist wonder what the next great subject will be.
A thought occurred the subject of too many cattle is also a direct cause if climate change we are told if that why the dinosaurs died out too many breaking wind so causing a breakdown of the ozone layer thus global warming then the ice age just a thought
10-01-2020 09:50
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
Where's James when you need him he would probably have a scientific reason for this
10-01-2020 10:03
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3324)
Bigal wrote:
It really sounds like we are on the same page it's almost a fashion to be a climate change activist wonder what the next great subject will be.
A thought occurred the subject of too many cattle is also a direct cause if climate change we are told if that why the dinosaurs died out too many breaking wind so causing a breakdown of the ozone layer thus global warming then the ice age just a thought

There is a principle in the courtroom that if a witness would personally rather not be giving the testimony they are, it's more trustworthy. Like if someone get's on the stand and tearfully admits their best friend's alibi isn't true, you can really believe them. Of course the flip side is it's pretty suspicious when someone just says things they like and want.

Like the nerd with the X-Files DVD box set talking about a UFO sighting they had.

Everyone I've met so far, including myself, hasn't budged from the spot they find the most comfortable. REALLY good sign we are ALL full of it. And yes I include myself.
10-01-2020 10:10
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
And I agree like you I'm open minded to all ideas but have a mind if my own and don't like to be told it's all my fault and must be true because everyone says so adds to the case the earth must be flat cos every one used to think it was.
10-01-2020 10:17
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3324)
Bigal wrote:
And I agree like you I'm open minded to all ideas but have a mind if my own and don't like to be told it's all my fault and must be true because everyone says so adds to the case the earth must be flat cos every one used to think it was.


Yeah and I think the internet has made the problem of confirming false suspicions a real force. This goes both ways with the whole climate debate.

I really want to find some historical examples that parallel this issue to see what happened with them and what it might teach us.

Maybe Eugenics
10-01-2020 17:59
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13030)
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Bigal wrote:
But this does show why the pole is melting as it moves south


It moved less than 100 feet and so glaciers are melting?



What you might consider is that before we had satellites in space, what was the margin of error?

Non-sequitur fallacy.
James___ wrote:
A lot of science mentioned today suggests that better observations have changed perceptions.

Science doesn't mention anything. Observations are not science. Observations are subject to the problems of phenomenology. Science is a set of falsifiable theories, not observations.
James___ wrote:
They are also saying that the magnetic north pole is moving. This suggests that the earth's core has moved. https://phys.org/news/2019-02-compass-magnetic-north-pole.html So maybe if the earth is tilting on it's axis it's because it's because it's core has moved? Who knows, maybe it's hundreds of years behind tectonic plate uplifting. https://geolnew.blogspot.com/2011/07/how-does-ice-cause-tectonic-plates-to.html
We'll just have to wait and see if GaGuzzler calls this "The Norwegian Movement of Tectonic Plates" because https://home.nps.gov/glba/learn/nature/tectonic-terranes-of-glacier-bay.htm.

Word salad. Buzzword fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
10-01-2020 18:01
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13030)
tmiddles wrote:
Bigal wrote:
This is my point about the fact we are told it's us causing the issue but accurate measurement and recording is a relatively new thing what did Fred Flintstone say when the ice age started "bugger should have made less fires"?


The accuracy of our comparisons of today with the past, and even our ability to claim accuracy to within 1 degree today is definitely a good question.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
tmiddles wrote:
One think I've always been annoyed with in scientific media is everything is presented doubt free. There is never:
"We are very sure of this and maybe that is true" as there should be. I wish it was all color coded for confidence levels.

Color coding random numbers does not change the fact that they are random numbers.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
10-01-2020 18:03
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13030)
tmiddles wrote:
Bigal wrote:
This is my point the scientific community will not admit that this is a slightly above normal pattern because if they did they would be out of a job and would have to do some proper job and the activists will have to get a job

You're assuming there is nothing to it.

Here is the double talk of the opposition to climate mania where two incompatible points are simultaneously made by the same party:
Point 1:They are overconfident in the conclusions they make. The measurements aren't precise enough and they are pretending they have definitive proof their theory is correct. They say they know a lot of things they are only guessing at. The evidence just isn't reliable.

What measurements? It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
tmiddles wrote:
Point 2: I've figured out that everything is normal. There is absolutely nothing to the AGW theory and the evidence proves it. The evidence proves there is no truth to the theory.

What evidence? What theory? You have to define 'global warming' or 'climate change' before you can have any theory about them.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
Edited on 10-01-2020 18:05
10-01-2020 18:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13030)
tmiddles wrote:
Bigal wrote:...I have a friend who has studied weather...
The grand conspiracy would in my view simply be one of silence if there is one at all. There are people who are brilliant, devote their lives to a scientific subject and I think they should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Science is not scientists. It is not people at all. It is a set of falsifiable theories. You simply deny them.
tmiddles wrote:
Another way you can parse a hot button issue is to look at work done when it wasn't an issue at all.

Prior to the 1980s "Global Warming" was truly a non-existent issue publicly and no scientist would have felt any pressure to remain silent or spin anything.

Define 'global warming'.
tmiddles wrote:
I think you can come develop a wrong conclusion when you first have a hypothesis and then go looking for evidence to support it, casting aside anything that doesn't like someone with a metal detector on the beach finding bottle caps. There are people doing that today more and more convinced that the Earth is flat.
...deleted Holy Link...

YALIF. False authority fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
10-01-2020 18:11
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13030)
tmiddles wrote:
Bigal wrote:
It really sounds like we are on the same page it's almost a fashion to be a climate change activist wonder what the next great subject will be.
A thought occurred the subject of too many cattle is also a direct cause if climate change we are told if that why the dinosaurs died out too many breaking wind so causing a breakdown of the ozone layer thus global warming then the ice age just a thought

There is a principle in the courtroom that if a witness would personally rather not be giving the testimony they are, it's more trustworthy. Like if someone get's on the stand and tearfully admits their best friend's alibi isn't true, you can really believe them.
No such principle in law.
tmiddles wrote:
Of course the flip side is it's pretty suspicious when someone just says things they like and want.

Happens all the time.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
21-01-2020 15:10
Bigal
☆☆☆☆☆
(44)
Well been away for a couple of weeks after Greta says she's going back to school yet here we are she turns up at Davis telling world leaders they are not doing enough seems to me the activists don't have a credible speaker so they have to yet again call in a school kid think I now agree with trump stop being a doomsday spreader be an optimist.
Page 3 of 3<123





Join the debate Is it really is doing it:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact