Remember me
▼ Content

Is Fusion Really Possible?

Is Fusion Really Possible?11-09-2021 17:30
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
This interview with Dr. Kaku https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/19/a-giant-step-toward-the-holy-grail-of-energy-research-scientist-on-fusion-breakthrough.html who is a well known scientist is interesting. In the Star Trek universe, they have what is known as Impulse Drive. That is not the anti-matter based warp drive technology which requires the spin of molecules or particles to be reversed.
In space, hydrogen is the most common element. And if in a laboratory they can actually create more energy than they are using by basically annihilating a
hydrogen atom, it would be more efficient out if space.
Then such a system would have energy available to power the ship and well as its propulsion systems. This is actually something that could allow for people to get to Mars in a matter of days or a couple of weeks rather than about the 7 months it does today.
By using scramjet https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/19/a-giant-step-toward-the-holy-grail-of-energy-research-scientist-on-fusion-breakthrough.html technology along with fusion technology, space flight might have just taken its next step.
And who knows, they might be able to power something akin to the Van Allen radiation belts which acts as a shield against particles that would cause cancer in people going to Mars and beyond. How cool is that?

p.s., I might make a video about this for my YouTube channel. And copyright law allows for fair use which I will make known in my description of the video for Google, Inc's computers to read.
Edited on 11-09-2021 17:33
11-09-2021 22:25
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14407)

As to your question as to whether fusion is possible ... the sun's warming of the earth is powered by fusion so, yes, it's possible.

As for your (mis)characterization of fusion as an energy source, the idea is to use hydrgen as fuel, and to start a fusion chain reaction whereby the energy that is released by the fusing hydrogen into helium is captured and used to keep the chain reaction going that produces more energy than that which is used to keep the process going ... until the hydrogen fuel is expended.

Because of the mass-energy relationship E = mC^2, a relatively small amount of hydrogen can produce massive amounts of energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IySXgTv3eU4&t=4m3s

11-09-2021 23:42
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

As to your question as to whether fusion is possible ... the sun's warming of the earth is powered by fusion so, yes, it's possible.

As for your (mis)characterization of fusion as an energy source, the idea is to use hydrgen as fuel, and to start a fusion chain reaction whereby the energy that is released by the fusing hydrogen into helium is captured and used to keep the chain reaction going that produces more energy than that which is used to keep the process going ... until the hydrogen fuel is expended.

Because of the mass-energy relationship E = mC^2, a relatively small amount of hydrogen can produce massive amounts of energy.

I might have to watch that movie. With fusion like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsz3TiqrH0c I don't think will happen. There might be a reason why fission generates energy, that's because it's the opposite of fusion.
With the initial link, I did say annihilation of a hydrogen element. And if hydrogen is naturally occurring in space, then that equilibrium will be maintained.
Something like that could work pretty much like a gas turbine (jet engine). Pressurize the intake and ignite the fuel where what's being burned would keep the incoming fuel pressurized. Basically the thrust being generated might allow the hydrogen to be pumped into the burner in a super critical state.
If they can do that then a sustained burn would be possible without needing the lasers.
12-09-2021 01:12
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I might have to watch that movie. With fusion like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsz3TiqrH0c I don't think will happen. There might be a reason why fission generates energy, that's because it's the opposite of fusion.
With the initial link, I did say annihilation of a hydrogen element. And if hydrogen is naturally occurring in space, then that equilibrium will be maintained.
Something like that could work pretty much like a gas turbine (jet engine). Pressurize the intake and ignite the fuel where what's being burned would keep the incoming fuel pressurized. Basically the thrust being generated might allow the hydrogen to be pumped into the burner in a super critical state.
If they can do that then a sustained burn would be possible without needing the lasers.

Who determined that the sun fuses and how did they determine this?
12-09-2021 03:54
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:

What is ignored is that the Sun's gravitational strength allows for cold fusion in its ionosphere. Just a simple mistake that people make. Its surface temperature is less than its ionosphere just as the Van Allen radiation belts capture energy.
12-09-2021 04:06
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan, ITER https://www.iter.org/ is based on this. If you were stupid, you wouldn't have asked what you did. You do understand these things. The solar wind is a causation of the cold of space and the Sun's gravity. It allows for combustion.
And then we're into astrophysics and fusion creating heavier, cooler elements, right?
These guys are okay and they do work to keep up. I could be wrong about that but at the same time they don't understand quantum mechanics. That gets into string theory.
Can we accept that the Sun generates an emission because of its corona based on our Van Allen radiation belts? This is entirely dependent on a gravitational field that gravity allows for if it does. Okay?
Edited on 12-09-2021 04:24
12-09-2021 04:48
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
If you guys don't get this, string theory which is the theory of everything is based on this. It is what Swan wants to know. And now like you, Swan knows.
Causation is universal. Nothing happens unless something happens, right? It's a game. And I think the game has started.
Edited on 12-09-2021 05:00
12-09-2021 05:37
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:

The Sun's surface is cooler than its corona. The Earth is cooler than its Van Allen radiation belt.
What is the difference between the Sun's corona and the Earth's Van Allen radiation belt?
They are the same things but exist on a different scale. I think you know the difference. At the same time, I won't expect these guys to know the difference.
12-09-2021 06:37
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Maybe I had one too many beers? That could explain my irrational thoughts. Nothing in physics is scalar in nature. An atom does not represent a solar system. The laws of physics do change based on scalar values. It's a given.

Join the debate Is Fusion Really Possible?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
fusion8230-10-2023 01:05
The Next Evolution Of Fuel Energy, Raw Materials Is Natural Fusion615-09-2020 02:56
The Future Of Energy Industry Is Magic Fusion Clean Coal, Not Renewables814-09-2020 23:54
Why don't they built hundreds of thousands of fusion thrusters like Wandering Earth to stop Earth'422-02-2019 21:26
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact