Remember me
▼ Content

Is climate change threatening the existence of polar bears?


Is climate change threatening the existence of polar bears?27-11-2020 19:34
meganomaniac
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
Scientists estimate polar bears might be extinct by 2100. But how much of this is because of anthropogenic climate change? Explorer and best-selling author James Raffan discusses this and his latest book, "Ice Walker: A Polar Bear's Journey Through the Fragile Arctic." Raffan was recently named by Canadian Geographic as one of the ,90 most influential explorers in the nation's recorded history,, and has spent four decades living and working in the circumpolar world of Canada's far north.

Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu9w-9UvxiQ
27-11-2020 20:30
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(14571)
meganomaniac wrote:
Scientists estimate polar bears might be extinct by 2100. But how much of this is because of anthropogenic climate change? Explorer and best-selling author James Raffan discusses this and his latest book, "Ice Walker: A Polar Bear's Journey Through the Fragile Arctic." Raffan was recently named by Canadian Geographic as one of the ,90 most influential explorers in the nation's recorded history,, and has spent four decades living and working in the circumpolar world of Canada's far north.

Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu9w-9UvxiQ


James Raffan is speculating. That is not science.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
27-11-2020 20:47
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(917)
Short answer.NO.If you search polar bears you will find many sites that are reporting on how well polar bears are going.2019/2020 Hudson bay froze all the way to Ontario and bears were observed feeding and moving around one site claimed it was bad as the bears would get used to the good conditions and suffer later.Its hard to please everyone.Once again it is theoretical that the planet is warming and will continue to warm and all the ice will melt.Even if CO2 has the ability to retain solar energy it caps out.I have my own CO2 meter and it is reading around 400ppm however 2 things it is being used by nature and do we have a guarantee that mankind has the ability to boost it even higher.Only time will tell.I am all for a cleaner planet lets just not do something disastrous based on a scientific theory from 1886.I have been studying AGW/CC for quite some time and at this point have moved the theory in to a place of myth and legend.
.There is no sea level rise at all showing a storm surge means nada
.The ice is not melting.Antartic surface Ice is abundant so is Arctic.Anyone can film the spring thaw and claim its melting
.Data from NASA/NOAA and the IPCC is homogenised to suit an agenda,buyer beware
.Try and find any information on catastrophic weather events in the last 20 years.I will give you a hint.There is nothing unusual and if anything the weather is calming
.The real data shows that the late 30s to early 40s were at least 1-2 degrees warmer now and apart from WW2 nothing bad happened.
.Alarmist now go direct to CO2 causes climate change and drop the warming part as it has not happened and the public are losing interest.I went to the vibe and it is a social site for young people to meet and bitch about how us old people have ruined their lives.Ever heard of the sex pistols anti establishment.
.I know the bureau of meteorology BOM alter the data here in Australia and have been challenged by the public about it.I have seen the doco where some poor junior exec from the BOM is put under the microscope to answer questions and all he can do is mumble something about we will get back to you on that when angry researchers are asking why have you changed the true temperature readings to show a warming.If I see the word Homogenisation it means modified.They gather all the data from all the surrounding areas and divide it by a pink unicorn and say thats the average.I have seen footage of the researchers who give a poop standing next to the weather station on Mt Thredbo and it is -13.7 but the BOM gear is calibrated to not go below -10.A whole 3.7 degrees gone out the equation.you cant do that.The readings are what they are stop messing with the results and saying its O.K.I have seen a climate scientist look in the camera and say its how they do it and its an accepted method.I am not alone in saying no it is not accepted
.Final comment trust me I have way more information.Where I live we have had an unusual amount of rainfall for November and it has been very cold.You will not see that on the ABC news.Regards Duncan
28-11-2020 19:08
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2955)
To tell the truth, I really don't know much about polar bears, except what's in the news occasionally. Last time I saw on in Florida, was Sea World, Orlando. It was pretty hot that day, must have hit the free beer line, 6 or 7 times, before the busted me. Your only allowed two free beers, pitiful little cups too... Didn't seem to bother the bears at all. Didn't see any of them eating ice, or seals for that matter... Wasn't empty Coke cans laying around either, maybe they recycle. Not sure what the huge eco-catastrophe might be, if polar bears went extinct. Over population of fur seals. They could just open up seal clubbing season again, if PETA doesn't complain about it too much. Sharks and killer whales eat seals to, so it should matter that much. Maybe fewer surfer chicks get shark bit...
29-11-2020 16:50
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(8107)
meganomaniac wrote: Scientists estimate polar bears might be extinct by 2100.

Of course that is what scientists do ... they ESTIMATE that possibilities are possible. That's what I was taught in science class.

I estimate that tgoebbles might be honest next Thursday. Because I am a scientist, I say "might" as is demanded by science.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
30-11-2020 17:25
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1613)
IBdaMann wrote:
meganomaniac wrote: Scientists estimate polar bears might be extinct by 2100.

Of course that is what scientists do ... they ESTIMATE that possibilities are possible. That's what I was taught in science class.

I estimate that tgoebbles might be honest next Thursday. Because I am a scientist, I say "might" as is demanded by science.

.

If tgoebbles ends up being honest by next Thursday, then I "might" shit my pants.
30-11-2020 18:24
keepit
★★★★☆
(1880)
IBD has terrible logic and gfm, you believe him. Good grief.
30-11-2020 19:04
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1613)
keepit wrote:
IBD has terrible logic and gfm, you believe him. Good grief.

IBD has a firm grasp on logic. You, on the other hand, have a lot to learn.

I estimate that you might be able to learn something new about logic by the end of this week.

As a scientist, I say "might", as that is a requirement of science. Possibilities are indeed possible, after all...

Let's see if we can get your ability to detect sarcasm up to snuff as well... but I estimate that it might be best for you to work on one thing at a time.
Edited on 30-11-2020 19:05
30-11-2020 19:06
keepit
★★★★☆
(1880)
gfm,
I didn't know you were a scientist. I thought you graduated from community college and were working as an accountant.
30-11-2020 20:03
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1613)
keepit wrote:
gfm,
I didn't know you were a scientist.

Indeed, I am.

keepit wrote:
I thought you graduated from community college and were working as an accountant.

Correct. I have an Associates Degree in Accounting and I do accounts receivable work for a local landlord.
30-11-2020 20:06
keepit
★★★★☆
(1880)
Tell me about your education in the sciences.
30-11-2020 21:18
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1613)
keepit wrote:
Tell me about your education in the sciences.

What about it?
30-11-2020 21:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(14571)
keepit wrote:
IBD has terrible logic and gfm, you believe him. Good grief.


Denial of logic. Inversion fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
30-11-2020 21:24
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(14571)
keepit wrote:
gfm,
I didn't know you were a scientist. I thought you graduated from community college and were working as an accountant.


Science is not a scientist, dumbass. It is not a degree or license. It is not a government agency or any person or group of people. Science isn't even people at all. Science is a set of falsifiable theories.

Science is not data or the observations that create that data, or a set of random numbers.

Strawman fallacy. False authority fallacies. Redefinition fallacy (random number<->science). Doublespeak.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
30-11-2020 21:26
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(14571)
keepit wrote:
Tell me about your education in the sciences.


Irrelevance fallacy. Strawman fallacy. Doublespeak. Science is not an 'education'. It is not a license or degree. It is not a university, college, or any kind of school. It is not a title. It is not data. It is not the observations that create that data. It is not random numbers.

Science is a set of falsifiable theories.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
01-12-2020 00:41
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(917)
So > Is climate change
threatening the
existence of polar
bears? or is every thread going to be a pissing contest
01-12-2020 03:01
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(14571)
duncan61 wrote:
So > Is climate change
threatening the
existence of polar
bears? or is every thread going to be a pissing contest


No. Polar bears are not threatened by a meaningless buzzword.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit




Join the debate Is climate change threatening the existence of polar bears?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Polar bears and Hudson bay319-12-2020 20:37
Polar Ice Melt Now 6 Times Greater Than 1990s10313-11-2020 21:11
Russian Arctic town overrun by polar bears, climate change blamed628-02-2019 19:16
Climate change may be cause of polar vortex123-02-2019 19:15
The Burning Earth Bears Witness in California511-12-2017 20:24
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact