Remember me
▼ Content

inflation

inflation09-05-2023 19:33
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Here's the deal regarding the "fed".
They're responsible for dealing with inflation and jobs. They look at the cpi for that information. But housing is responsible for 40 % of the cpi.
So ... they raise interest rates to hold down inflation but raising rates causes less houses to be built which increases the cost of housing which increases the cpi. That's a quagmire that the fed hasn't figured out the solution to.
Good luck!!
09-05-2023 19:46
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
keepit wrote:Here's the deal regarding the "fed".
They're responsible for dealing with inflation and jobs.

Say what? Jobs? What is the Fed supposed to do about "jobs"?

keepit wrote: They look at the cpi for that information.

For jobs?

keepit wrote: But housing is responsible for 40 % of the cpi.

For jobs?

keepit wrote:So ... they raise interest rates to hold down inflation but raising rates causes [fewer] houses to be built which increases the cost of housing which increases the cpi.

... or causes less of a decrease in housing prices.

keepit wrote: That's a quagmire that the fed hasn't figured out the solution to. Good luck!!

For jobs?
09-05-2023 19:48
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ibd,
So what's your question re:jobs?
09-05-2023 19:54
(14389)
keepit wrote:ibd, So what's your question re:jobs?

It was your post. You wrote:

keepit wrote: Here's the deal regarding the "fed". They're responsible for dealing with inflation and jobs.

My questions are self explanatory.
09-05-2023 20:17
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I don't see a question in your phrase "and jobs".
09-05-2023 20:27
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Inflation is what democrats do for fun profit. The 'Fed' is a bank, not actually part of the government. They care about their own profits. They don't care if you have a home, or eat 3/$1.00 cat food for dinner, if your feeling fancy. The Fed manipulates the economy, for their own best interest.
09-05-2023 20:27
(5196)
Inflation is what democrats do for fun profit. The 'Fed' is a bank, not actually part of the government. They care about their own profits. They don't care if you have a home, or eat 3/$1.00 cat food for dinner, if your feeling fancy. The Fed manipulates the economy, for their own best interest.
09-05-2023 20:36
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
too cynical. Nothing to learn from that.
09-05-2023 20:40
(14389)
HarveyH55 wrote:The 'Fed' is a bank, not actually part of the government.

The Federal Reserve could be called a bank, but it is more of a regulatory board that manages the money supply and oversees banking activity, among other things.
09-05-2023 20:45
(14389)
keepit wrote:I don't see a question in your phrase "and jobs".

Look at my first post. Glance at the question marks. Those are questions.

-------
@ keepit, have you ever considered responding to posts by hitting the "quote" button under the post to which you wish to respond? You can keep the text you need to indicate to whom you are responding and to what point specifically.

@ keepit, no amount of cynicism can negate the potential of content to teach.
09-05-2023 20:54
(5196)
IBdaMann wrote:

The Federal Reserve could be called a bank, but it is more of a regulatory board that manages the money supply and oversees banking activity, among other things.

It's more like the main branch, or headquarters for all banks in America. Private banks still have a lot of room to play, and profit, but they have to stay within the policy and rules set by the Fed, or lose it all, sold to a bigger, democrat bank.
09-05-2023 20:54
(5196)
IBdaMann wrote:

It's more like the main branch, or headquarters for all banks in America. Private banks still have a lot of room to play, and profit, but they have to stay within the policy and rules set by the Fed, or lose it all, sold to a bigger, democrat bank.
09-05-2023 20:56
(14389)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Yep. Well put.
10-05-2023 04:40
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
keepit wrote:
They're responsible for dealing with inflation and jobs. They look at the cpi for that information. But housing is responsible for 40 % of the cpi.
So ... they raise interest rates to hold down inflation but raising rates causes less houses to be built which increases the cost of housing which increases the cpi. That's a quagmire that the fed hasn't figured out the solution to.
Good luck!!

Actually Biden is in charge of causing inflation for the USA and for creating new jobs in China.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
10-05-2023 08:39
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
keepit wrote:
They're responsible for dealing with inflation and jobs.

The Federal Reserve has nothing to do with jobs. Government WANTS inflation.
keepit wrote:
They look at the cpi for that information.

The Federal Reserve does not use the cpi.
keepit wrote:
But housing is responsible for 40 % of the cpi.

No. It's currently weighted at 34.5%, and only housing in cities.
keepit wrote:
So ... they raise interest rates to hold down inflation

Interest rates have nothing to do with inflation.
keepit wrote:
but raising rates causes less houses to be built which increases the cost of housing which increases the cpi.

It also causes a slowdown of economic activity, which decreases the cpi.
keepit wrote:
That's a quagmire that the fed hasn't figured out the solution to.
Good luck!!

The Federal Reserve doesn't use or care about the cpi.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-05-2023 08:41
(21582)
keepit wrote:
I don't see a question in your phrase "and jobs".

You just can't keep track of your own posts, can ya?

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-05-2023 08:53
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

No. The Federal Reserve is not a bank at all. It has no deposits. It has no accounts. It is, instead, an oligarchy that practices communism and fascism.

It manipulates the money supply by printing money, dictating to banks how much reserve they must keep for their deposits, and by fiddling with prime interest rates. It is part of the federal government, created by Congress in 1913. The Board of Governors are nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate.

The Parrot Killer

10-05-2023 12:46
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

No. The Federal Reserve is not a bank at all. It has no deposits. It has no accounts. It is, instead, an oligarchy that practices communism and fascism.

It manipulates the money supply by printing money, dictating to banks how much reserve they must keep for their deposits, and by fiddling with prime interest rates. It is part of the federal government, created by Congress in 1913. The Board of Governors are nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate.

The Federal Reserve is the central communist bank of the United States. It formulates and administers credit and monetary policy.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

10-05-2023 17:20
(14389)
Into the Night wrote:No. The Federal Reserve is not a bank at all. It has no deposits. It has no accounts.

The Fed is a bank's bank. Open a "depository institution" and you will be able to open an account at the Fed.

Your post goes toward a different question: "Should the Federal government be running a centralized quasi-monopoly banking system that gives the Federal government ever-increasing control over our private lives?"

That's the issue, and you are clearly on the "Nay!" side. I, personally, like the idea of a Fed to help prevent runs on banks, but I would change fundamentally how it operates. I am a huge fan of our historical success at avoiding runs on banks and the economic crises that would accompany each and every one. Everyone benefits from that. I am not a fan, however, of the government monopoly that forces/controls/eliminates financial services/processes/efficiencies that We the People want, and requires us to sacrifice for the government to more conveniently seize control of our private lives.
10-05-2023 20:12
(21582)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

The Federal Reserve is the central communist bank of the United States. It formulates and administers credit and monetary policy.

The Federal Reserve is not a bank.

The Parrot Killer

10-05-2023 20:25
(21582)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:No. The Federal Reserve is not a bank at all. It has no deposits. It has no accounts.

The Fed is a bank's bank. Open a "depository institution" and you will be able to open an account at the Fed.

Your post goes toward a different question: "Should the Federal government be running a centralized quasi-monopoly banking system that gives the Federal government ever-increasing control over our private lives?"

That's the issue, and you are clearly on the "Nay!" side. I, personally, like the idea of a Fed to help prevent runs on banks, but I would change fundamentally how it operates. I am a huge fan of our historical success at avoiding runs on banks and the economic crises that would accompany each and every one. Everyone benefits from that. I am not a fan, however, of the government monopoly that forces/controls/eliminates financial services/processes/efficiencies that We the People want, and requires us to sacrifice for the government to more conveniently seize control of our private lives.

You can't open a deposit account at the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve is not a bank.

I am not a fan of the Federal Reserve either, for the reasons you give and for other reasons.

The Parrot Killer

10-05-2023 21:09
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Actually the federal reserve is a bank that you can deposit in and order from

https://www.frbservices.org/resources/financial-services/cash/depositing-ordering/coin.html

ULTRA MAGA

10-05-2023 21:21
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ibd,
The fed's mandate is to control inflation and maintain full employment. They do it by managing interest rates and by using qualitative easing and and qualitative tightening. As we know jobs numbers are related to economic activity so regulating economic activity regulates the jobs numbers. The don't like to talk so much about jobs but rather about interest rates and economic activity.
Understandably the subject of jobs is a sensitive issue.
10-05-2023 22:02
(14389)
keepit wrote: The fed's mandate is to control inflation and maintain full employment.

How could they possibly be expected to do that?

keepit wrote: They do it by managing interest rates and by using qualitative easing and and qualitative tightening.

How do you imagine that translates into "everbody gets a job"?

keepit wrote: As we know ...

Great, it's what we know ...

keepit wrote: jobs numbers are related to economic activity

What if nobody is hiring?
10-05-2023 22:20
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
"Full employment" doesn't mean full to the feds. It means somewhere between 4 and 5 % unemployment. That's where the economy works best, they say. Basically how they operate is to stimulate or slow down the economy by regulating the supply of money in the economy.
Edited on 10-05-2023 22:23
11-05-2023 00:23
(21582)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

https://www.frbservices.org/resources/financial-services/cash/depositing-ordering/coin.html

Not a deposit account, dude. The Federal Reserve is not a bank.

The Parrot Killer

11-05-2023 00:24
(21582)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
The fed's mandate is to control inflation and maintain full employment. They do it by managing interest rates and by using qualitative easing and and qualitative tightening. As we know jobs numbers are related to economic activity so regulating economic activity regulates the jobs numbers. The don't like to talk so much about jobs but rather about interest rates and economic activity.
Understandably the subject of jobs is a sensitive issue.

The Federal Reserve doesn't care about any employment numbers.

The Parrot Killer

11-05-2023 00:25
(21582)
keepit wrote:
"Full employment" doesn't mean full to the feds. It means somewhere between 4 and 5 % unemployment. That's where the economy works best, they say. Basically how they operate is to stimulate or slow down the economy by regulating the supply of money in the economy.

Redefinition fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

11-05-2023 04:36
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

https://www.frbservices.org/resources/financial-services/cash/depositing-ordering/currency.html#:~:text=Deposit%20Process%20and%20Standards,Foreign%20currency

Wrong again

The USCP, made up of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP), will be transitioning existing strap bands of newly produced notes. Currently, strap bands of notes coming from the BEP contain language on bands that specifies the respective denomination, manufacturing equipment source and expected sequencing. In the near future, all strap bands of notes from the BEP will state the same language and no longer specify denomination, manufacturing equipment source and sequencing. Should you have any questions about this update, please contact uscurrency@frb.gov.

Deposit Process and Standards
Federal Reserve Banks accept only genuine U.S. currency for deposit. Deposits of the following are NOT accepted at the Federal Reserve Banks:

Foreign currency
Mutilated currency
Counterfeit or unlawfully altered currency

You may resume fingerpainting now

ULTRA MAGA

11-05-2023 08:07
(21582)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

The USCP, ...
Mantra 40a.

The Parrot Killer

11-05-2023 13:03
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

The USCP, ...
Mantra 40a.

Your unconditional surrender is accepted, you may now resume fingerpainting.

ULTRA MAGA

Join the debate inflation:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Inflation Reduction Act1014-08-2022 23:06
inflation511-02-2022 21:27
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact