Remember me
▼ Content

In the Year 2025

In the Year 202517-09-2020 07:25
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
In The Year 2525 is a popular song, those California wildfires might only be the beginning of the...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/water-shortages-us-west-likelier-001226984.html
Edited on 17-09-2020 07:42
17-09-2020 07:35
keepit
★★★★★
(3052)
That's a good one James.
Late in the song it says something like, "the twinkling of starlight, so very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday."
The starlight was only yesterday because it left the star millions of years ago.
How did those twenty somethings know that in 1965?
Phenomenal.

Carly Simon (or maybe it was Joni Mitchell) had a similar one in the Woodstock song. It was, "We're made of stardust, billion year old carbon." She wrote that song sitting in a hotel room waiting to go on Johnny Carson, so the story goes.
How did she know that?

I may have some details wrong but the quotes are sound.
Edited on 17-09-2020 07:36
17-09-2020 07:52
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
That's a good one James.
Late in the song it says something like, "the twinkling of starlight, so very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday."
The starlight was only yesterday because it left the star millions of years ago.
How did those twenty somethings know that in 1965?
Phenomenal.

Carly Simon (or maybe it was Joni Mitchell) had a similar one in the Woodstock song. It was, "We're made of stardust, billion year old carbon." She wrote that song sitting in a hotel room waiting to go on Johnny Carson, so the story goes.
How did she know that?

I may have some details wrong but the quotes are sound.

My post wasn't about that. As many in here say, we have no problems. A water shortage will hurt the Southwest. But until it happens, we can't know anything. As they say, it rains. Problem solved.
17-09-2020 10:17
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5192)
There is always some sort of issue with nature, which needs fixing... Nature doesn't serve mankind, or anything else. It's not a problem, and it's not permanent. Maybe you fresh off the Norwegian fishing boat... But, we've had drought, shortages, wildfires, hurricanes, and many other less than desirable events in the past. This isn't something new, or is it something that can be 'fixed'. What we can do is make preparations, for the next time we have to deal with these events, or find ways to mitigate the effects. Down here in the southeast, we have the opposite 'problem', a surplus of fresh water falling from the sky. Hurricane Sally would have made Californians cry like wimps they are. It would have extinguished all those wonderful fires, some democrat worked so hard to light. Solved the water shortage issue. But worse thing of all, cause massive mudslides, mansion sliding off cliff sides, buried whole towns under brown stuff. Just no pleasing some folks, with an attitude, that it ain't right, if it doesn't serve their every want and desire.
18-09-2020 09:14
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
There is always some sort of issue with nature, which needs fixing... Nature doesn't serve mankind, or anything else. It's not a problem, and it's not permanent. Maybe you fresh off the Norwegian fishing boat... But, we've had drought, shortages, wildfires, hurricanes, and many other less than desirable events in the past. This isn't something new, or is it something that can be 'fixed'. What we can do is make preparations, for the next time we have to deal with these events, or find ways to mitigate the effects. Down here in the southeast, we have the opposite 'problem', a surplus of fresh water falling from the sky. Hurricane Sally would have made Californians cry like wimps they are. It would have extinguished all those wonderful fires, some democrat worked so hard to light. Solved the water shortage issue. But worse thing of all, cause massive mudslides, mansion sliding off cliff sides, buried whole towns under brown stuff. Just no pleasing some folks, with an attitude, that it ain't right, if it doesn't serve their every want and desire.

I live in the southeast. We haven't had much rain. Arkansas is also in the southeast. Miami gets twice as much rain as Little Rock. The southeast is more than just Florida. Does it bother you that much that I like math and science? Maybe I find things interesting because of my being 1/2 Norwegian? It works for me
18-09-2020 19:47
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21552)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

I live in the southeast. We haven't had much rain. Arkansas is also in the southeast. Miami gets twice as much rain as Little Rock. The southeast is more than just Florida. Does it bother you that much that I like math and science? Maybe I find things interesting because of my being 1/2 Norwegian? It works for me

You deny both math and science.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-09-2020 04:41
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

You deny both math and science.

I love the "RedBone", just going "hardcore" Native American.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeIh1IyDcg0

Join the debate In the Year 2025:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Happy New Year1203-01-2024 02:16
86 year old Jane Fonda will only date men in their 20's. Whew I'm safe204-12-2023 03:58
The retards at FOX news claim 74 year old rapist teacher faces 600 years behind bars004-08-2023 23:48
17 year old cyclist murdered, do not expect the law to investigate, as the cyclist is always at fault031-07-2023 22:23
LOL, the FBI is still looking for Jimmy Hoffa, as 100,000 Americans die of Fentanyl every year031-07-2023 19:16
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact