Remember me
▼ Content

In Obama's final State of the Union Address, he mocked deniers. He bad person?

In Obama's final State of the Union Address, he mocked deniers. He bad person?13-01-2016 17:55
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/obama-climate-change_5695b77ce4b086bc1cd5dc8c
13-01-2016 18:07
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
First of all, what are we denying? We deny nothing. If the Greenland glacier melts, we'll be left with a big lake like the Caspian Sea. Why? Because the Greenland glacier is below sea level, surrounded by higher ground.

Care to tell us what we are denying?
Edited on 13-01-2016 18:20
14-01-2016 01:20
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
In his closing statement, he said I believe in change because I believe in you. Good to see he understands everything changes. You cannot stop change. No one can stop change. The climate is always changing. Everything is always changing. That is how the universe works.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/598989/final-sotu-obama-tells-americans-believe-change-because-believe
Edited on 14-01-2016 01:21
01-10-2016 00:55
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
First of all, what are we denying? We deny nothing. If the Greenland glacier melts, we'll be left with a big lake like the Caspian Sea. Why? Because the Greenland glacier is below sea level, surrounded by higher ground.

Care to tell us what we are denying?

Actually, not necessarily - for one, the ice IIRC extends above the higher ground. It'll be a lake, but shallower than the ice once was.

Also, Greenland is "squished" below the weight of the ice. If some of it is removed, the land will spring back partially - but now it can't hold as much water! Feedback loop!

"Heads on a science
Apart" - Coldplay, The Scientist

IBdaMann wrote:
No, science doesn't insist that, ergo I don't insist that.

I am the Ninja Scientist! Beware!
10-12-2016 19:04
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
jwoodward48 wrote: the ice IIRC extends above the higher ground. It'll be a lake, but shallower than the ice once was.

Also, Greenland is "squished" below the weight of the ice. If some of it is removed, the land will spring back partially - but now it can't hold as much water! Feedback loop!

Excellent answer to thc, who deniers AGW because his communist chinese gov'mint(always small letters) deniers AGW & demands that thc MUST deny AGW, too.

One fact tho, is that Greenland is already springing back. That is why Grace satellites & the I(nput)O(utput) Method, both must adjust their Greenland Ice Loss data upward by ~ 7%. Yeah, with Greenland springing back (mostly in the center), any lake waters gathering in the island's center will eventually be driven to Greenland's shores & emptied into the oceans & seas. As such occurs, Greenland will not only be off-loading melting land ice greatly, but also the already under ice lake accumulating waters. & Greenland's melting & already melted ices & waters will really make world SLR jump upwards.
Edited on 10-12-2016 19:07
13-03-2017 04:59
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote: Greenland is already springing back. That is why Grace satellites & the I(nput)O(utput) Method, both must adjust their Greenland Ice Loss data upward by ~ 7%. Yeah, with Greenland springing back (mostly in the center), any lake waters gathering in the island's center will eventually be driven to Greenland's shores & emptied into the oceans & seas. As such occurs, Greenland will not only be off-loading melting land ice greatly, but also the already under ice lake accumulating waters. & Greenland's melting & already melted ices & waters will really make world SLR jump upwards.

No one answered this interesting scenario.
Has anyone got recent information about the lake on bedrock underneath Greenland Ice Sheet?

Join the debate In Obama's final State of the Union Address, he mocked deniers. He bad person?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Why humans are so bad at thinking about climate change?2119-02-2024 00:26
Why exactly is strip mining for coal bad, yet strip mining for Lithium is good923-12-2023 00:11
A personal experience for climate change deniers23029-09-2023 14:37
Deep state RFKjr assassination plot thwarted, for now.017-09-2023 15:01
The deep state has a choice, destroy Trump, or help him get reelected113-09-2023 01:14
Articles
Ban Ki-Moon: Address to the UN Climate Change Conference
Arnold Schwarzenegger: Address to the United Nations on Global Climate Change
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact