Remember me
▼ Content

Impacts of Climate change

Impacts of Climate change25-07-2016 16:30
achyutadhhikari
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
What could be the socioeconomic impacts of climate change?
1. Migration
2. Change in Profession
3. Scarcity in drinking water and food

Your logical inputs are invited and welcome

[img]Achyut P. Adhhikari[/img]
25-07-2016 17:23
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
1, Where do you think is likely to cause such a problem that people move due to climate change rather than very bad governance?

2, Changing profession? From what to what??

3, Scarcity of drinking water??? What do you think is expected? There will be no such problem anywhere.

Edited on 25-07-2016 17:23
26-07-2016 02:30
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
achyutadhhikari wrote:
What could be the socioeconomic impacts of climate change?
1. Migration
2. Change in Profession
3. Scarcity in drinking water and food

Your logical inputs are invited and welcome

1. Movement to where your lord tells you to move.
2. From free enterprise to slavery.
3. That depends on your lord.

Those who believe in 'climate change' (a nonsensical term) are falling into the night of illiteracy. They shall become slaves, driven to and fro by their lords who led them there. They will lose what property they have, for it shall become owned by the lords.

This is the future of 'climate change' Religious believers.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-07-2016 04:45
arthur18
☆☆☆☆☆
(42)
Can someone please read the attached recent climate change research. Can anyone confirm the the authors are claiming that plants such as mosses and lichens can cause the globe to cool dramatically if they are sufficient in their abundance?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/07/160707101029.htm

Any comments?
26-07-2016 09:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
arthur18 wrote:
Can someone please read the attached recent climate change research. Can anyone confirm the the authors are claiming that plants such as mosses and lichens can cause the globe to cool dramatically if they are sufficient in their abundance?

Any comments?

Seems like a circular argument to me. I see no mechanism for these plants to have any such effect.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-07-2016 09:57
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
arthur18 wrote:

Any comments?

During the Ordovician period, the concentration of carbon dioxide in Earth's atmosphere was about eight times higher than today. It has been hard to explain why the climate cooled and why the Ordovician glaciations took place. A new study shows that the weathering of rock caused by early non-vascular plants had the potential to cause such a global cooling effect.

They have a theory which says that the plants caused the CO2 to be drawn down by increasing the chemical errosion rate. They themselves provide the rebuttal;

Without the drawdown of atmospheric CO2 caused by the enhancement of weathering rates, the Ordovician glaciations are hard to explain, since they started under conditions of eight times higher atmospheric CO2 than today.

Given that these glaciers started under the high CO2 levels it was not the later reduced CO2 that started them. It was something else.
27-07-2016 16:45
achyutadhhikari
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
Tim the plumber wrote:
1, Where do you think is likely to cause such a problem that people move due to climate change rather than very bad governance?

3, Scarcity of drinking water??? What do you think is expected? There will be no such problem anywhere.

Dear Friend,
I don't know how much knowledge do you have regarding the sociocultural impacts of climate change. You may think that climate change can affect to the physical phenomenon of the earth and climate.

There are many more impacts of climate change in society and their cultural values. Like:
1. Migration
In Himalaya regions, may more people are forced to migrate because of floods, landslides, avalanches cause by the outburst of glaciers and glacier lake outburst flood (GLOF).
2. Change in Profession
The people who were traditionally depend on fishing are now compelled to change their profession due to the downsize of rivers and non availability of fishes in many countries.
Similarly many more Sherpas in Himalayan regions who were sustaining their life by pottering the articles of the trekkers and climbers are slightly changing their professions due to the downsize of visitors in their respective regions. Some of them are migrating to the city areas and running their own tourism related business and sometimes another business as well.
3. Scarcity of Drinking water
This is the main problems of the people who depend upon ground water resources and Intra Basin Water Transfer (IBWT) system. Its a common phenomena in land locked countries and cities.

[img]Achyut P. Adhhikari[/img]
28-07-2016 07:15
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
achyutadhhikari wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:

Dear Friend,
I don't know how much knowledge do you have regarding the sociocultural impacts of climate change. You may think that climate change can affect to the physical phenomenon of the earth and climate.

There are many more impacts of climate change in society and their cultural values. Like:
1. Migration
In Himalaya regions, may more people are forced to migrate because of floods, landslides, avalanches cause by the outburst of glaciers and glacier lake outburst flood (GLOF).
2. Change in Profession
The people who were traditionally depend on fishing are now compelled to change their profession due to the downsize of rivers and non availability of fishes in many countries.
Similarly many more Sherpas in Himalayan regions who were sustaining their life by pottering the articles of the trekkers and climbers are slightly changing their professions due to the downsize of visitors in their respective regions. Some of them are migrating to the city areas and running their own tourism related business and sometimes another business as well.
3. Scarcity of Drinking water
This is the main problems of the people who depend upon ground water resources and Intra Basin Water Transfer (IBWT) system. Its a common phenomena in land locked countries and cities.

You are desperately attempting to find anybody who has been adversely affected by the slight warming we have seen since the 1970's.

Glacial lakes are unstable and if you live below one go up to it and control the draining of it. It should take you and a few of your friends a few days to a couple of weeks to sort out. Leaving it till a nasty big storm washes away the terminal morrain will be a bad idea.

Given that the rain fall is generally increased by warmer climate not many rivers have reduced. There will be some. That's how normal variability works. As always.

Interbasin transfer or transbasin diversion are (often hyphenated) terms used to describe man-made conveyance schemes which move water from one river basin where it is available, to another basin where water is less available or could be utilized better for human development.

We have diverted some water from one river to another. Good ain't we? What was your point?
Edited on 28-07-2016 07:17

Join the debate Impacts of Climate change:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
New EPA document tells communities to brace for climate change impacts101-05-2019 21:16
Climate change impacts - making it a bit more personal427-11-2014 17:55
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact