Remember me
▼ Content

If you could have a specific result in climate change, what would it be?

If you could have a specific result in climate change, what would it be?14-08-2014 03:14
LVD2014
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
Hey everyone, I thought it would be fun if everyone could answer these questions to get a conversation going:

1. If you could have a magic wand and get a specific result in climate change, what would it be AND what would it mean to you?

2. What are your biggest frustrations / roadblocks when it comes to achieving that result?

3. What pain would be solved or what purpose would be fulfilled if you had that result today?
Edited on 14-08-2014 03:28
14-08-2014 04:24
LVD2014
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
I'll start it off :-)

1. I'd use my magical wand to get people to see that climate change is a real thing and that it affects people right now, their children, their children's children, and so forth, and people would wake up and realize that we need to come together and do something. Whether it's supporting local shops who donate to environmental non-profits, donating directly to non-profits, spreading the word, starting events to impact the environment in local communities, getting out there on the front lines and stopping these big oil and fracking companies. Honestly, doing something, anything, is better than sitting here on our computers hoping someone else will figure it out. One person may not make a difference, but a whole lot of people with the same mindset, determination, and influence can.

2. People either don't believe climate change is a real thing or have misconceptions about what climate change really is therefore not believing it based on poor facts. People don't think there is anything they can do to stop it, or resolve it and think it is too overwhelming, depressing, out of reach. Some even think it is a marketing scheme by corporations to get you to buy "green" items. You're really going to argue that plastic bags are better than buying a reusable bag from Stop & Shop???

3. Suffering – emotional, physical, spiritual – due to destruction of homes, families, life (humans, animals and plants – All life). People would have hope and think more positively about our Earth and how truly unique it really is. Children can live their lives, grow up, reproduce, and watch their children grow in a sustainable healthy environment. People would realize that we have one planet, one planet only, and we need to take action today.
Join the debate If you could have a specific result in climate change, what would it be?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
" ... a whirling tempest" with a specific target. -Jeremiah 23:19.120-01-2022 06:24
Tides is the result of the rotation of the Earth and whirlpools.5413-10-2020 12:20
Italy sees 57% drop in olive harvest as result of climate change, scientist says106-03-2019 21:56
CO2 increased 44% since 1850. No effect on temperature. Experimental result1925-09-2016 04:15
burning fossil fuels should result in a major cooling factor, here's why714-09-2016 00:36
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact