Remember me
▼ Content

ICE AGE?: Is The End OF The Interglacial Phase Coming Or Have We Accidentally Saved Humanity With Fossil

Page 4 of 4<<<234
20-06-2020 04:06
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
The real data shows the Earth has cooled slightly since 1998 but it will not be on any media outlet as it is not newsworthy and in some cases actively blocked.We had 5.0C last night here in Perth and that is cold for here
20-06-2020 05:41
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
duncan61 wrote:
The real data shows the Earth has cooled slightly since 1998 but it will not be on any media outlet as it is not newsworthy and in some cases actively blocked.We had 5.0C last night here in Perth and that is cold for here

Dang! It's 26.7 C in Florida, 10:40 PM... Global Warming must be one of those annoying America things...
20-06-2020 07:07
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Its going up to 20 later its nice in the sun
20-06-2020 14:35
(5196)
duncan61 wrote:
Its going up to 20 later its nice in the sun

15 degrees, between night and day, and the climate guys are worried about 1-3 degrees over centuries. Just makes no sense at all. Funny thing is that 15 degrees isn't all that unusual, and there are place that have a greater day/night differential. Of course, it 'averages' out, some how...
20-06-2020 19:36
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
duncan61 wrote:

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. There is no data.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-06-2020 19:38
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Dang! It's 26.7 C in Florida, 10:40 PM... Global Warming must be one of those annoying America things...

Enjoy your summer! It's a nice pleasant 18 deg C at SeaTac airport today.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-06-2020 21:43
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
It's currently 24 deg C in my neck of the woods in southern WI...
21-06-2020 00:33
(5196)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Enjoy your summer! It's a nice pleasant 18 deg C at SeaTac airport today.

How's the weather holding up for the Seattle 'hippie festival' downtown? Figured a few rainy days would send most of them home...
21-06-2020 04:15
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
gfm7175 wrote:

You forget yourself GFM!

Remember? You have no clue what the temp is in your neck of the woods.

gfm7175 wrote:
I have no clue what the temperature of my house is.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote: No one can know the temperature of Denver.
He's absolutely correct....

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
21-06-2020 04:53
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Tmiddles, I found some interesting calculations from internet. The mass of water in oceans is 1000 times more that the mass of atmosphere. Turns out that the temperature of atmosphere should be approximately 4000 degrees celsius to rise the temperature in oceans just one degree. To rise the temperature of oceans two degrees the temperature of atmosphere should be 8000 degrees celsius.
21-06-2020 05:17
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Into the Night wrote:
[quote]duncan61 wrote:

I totally concur it is not possible to take a snapshot and get the Global average at any given point in time however measurements can be taken at places and show trends to give a ball park idea of that place.Dont yell at me I am not suggesting we can use the data for anything useful to claim we are warming/cooling and find a culprit.Since joining this forum I have been paying a lot more attention to my surroundings.The only part of this debate that gets me a bit riled is somehow saying the bushfires are a direct result of CO2 in the atmosphere.Guess what,We are doing controlled burns here in the West right now and no Greenie dares get in the way.The faces of the protestors that blocked over 90% of the burns in NSWs faces have been covered over which is good as the relatives of the dead should have a recourse to these loonies

duncan61
21-06-2020 05:49
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
[quote]Xadoman wrote:
Tmiddles, I found some interesting calculations from internet. The mass of water in oceans is 1000 times more that the mass of atmosphere. Turns out that the temperature of atmosphere should be approximately 4000 degrees celsius to rise the temperature in oceans just one degree. To rise the temperature of oceans two degrees the temperature of atmosphere should be 8000 degrees celsius.

At last the reality kicks in.5 km deep in places imagine how cold it is down there.The latest from my CCLA looney group is all the giant sea kelp in Tasmania is dying as it can not cope with the sea temperature which is near boiling apparently.If I suggest we should all ho down to some giant sea kelp soup they might get a bit miffed

duncan61
21-06-2020 08:07
(3979)
Xadoman wrote:...the temperature of atmosphere should be approximately 4000 degrees celsius to rise the temperature in oceans just one degree.
The Sun is what is contributing all of the energy (radiance which is absorbed and converted to thermal energy). The atmosphere, like the oceans, is a place where that thermal energy can be present. Also if the thermal energy causes ocean water to evaporate it will be adding that thermal energy to the atmosphere later as latent heat. "Energy released when gaseous water vapor condenses to form liquid water droplets is called latent heat."

If you were pointing that out in hopes it mean Earth cannot get warmer because the oceans won't let us, sorry, it is not disputed that a planet can be warmer at ground level than it's equilibrium temperature (Venus being a a more dramatic example). "Warmer" happens and so the question is why, not if.

duncan61 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:The real data shows the Earth has cooled slightly since 1998 ...
...measurements can be taken at places and show trends to give a ball park idea of that place...
Anyone who says you cannot know at all (not have a clue) about the temperature of something you're able to measure directly, is full of it. They are even more full of it than the person who claims you can know with perfect precision.

There is a margin of error to measuring the temperature of matter. You could claim the margin is too large for a purpose, but the margin is finite at some confidence level (usually 95%).

Here ocean temperature margins of error being discussed :
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/01/11/a-small-margin-of-error/
Note that the calculations are questioned and the size of the margin disputed but no one says "we have no clue".

NASA and any other author presenting temperature estimates for Earth will have a margin of error (though they don't always share it, it exists).

Also note that ITN/IBD like to play a cute game where they pretend we cannot discuss the temperature of the ground level of Earth because we are not including every molecule that is "EARTH" (which would include it's molten core). It's just another excuse to say we can't talk about this.
21-06-2020 16:53
(5196)
How is it even possible to measure the entire planet surface's temperature, in any useful, meaningful way. Even if you average what you can capture, it'll never actually come more than reasonably close. The satellites can only give a rough estimate, as there is always cloud cover, over much of the planet. Clouds vary a great deal in density, and elevation. The surface itself, isn't uniform, in elevation, or material. The temperature sensors are essential cameras, taking a picture. Temperature is derived from what the camera captures, which could only possible work, if there were no clouds, the surface smooth and uniform, and all matter had the same properties. Temperature measurements are generally close enough, for most purposes. 50-60 degrees F outside, a little chilly, might need a jacket. 90 F+, it's kind of hot outside, stay hydrated. Knowing that on an average, we are 1C warmer, than a hundred years ago, is pure speculation. There is no way to actually know that number, pure faith.
21-06-2020 21:31
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
The Sun is what is contributing all of the energy

Was not it about CO2 that absorbs heat and starts to heat up the earth? According to calculations the atmosphere should heat up to 4000 degrees celsius to heat up oceans just one degree.
22-06-2020 01:34
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:...deleted Mantras 20g...20o...25g...20a4...20a1...20g...25c1...15c...10g...25g...4a...4b...10g...4f...4b...10g...lie...30...lie...20a5...lie...30...17...39n...

No argument presented. RQAA. Denial of science. Denial of mathematics. False authorities. Invalid proofs. Semantics fallacies.

The Parrot Killer

22-06-2020 18:03
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

You forget yourself GFM!

gfm7175 wrote:
I have no clue what the temperature of my house is.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote: No one can know the temperature of Denver.
He's absolutely correct....

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN

We've already been through this, piddleboy.
23-06-2020 07:29
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: It's currently 24 deg C in my neck of the woods in southern WI...

You are WRONG!

gfm7175 did not say the temperature of his neck of the woods was 24 deg C ... he said that it was currently 24 deg C in his neck of the woods. Do you doubt that somewhere in his neck of the woods it was 24 deg C?

One more time ... you are WRONG!

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-06-2020 07:50
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
tmiddles wrote: The Sun is what is contributing all of the energy (radiance which is absorbed and converted to thermal energy).

This is exactly what you are denying, and you are therefore WRONG!

The sun is presumed to be emitting exactly the same amount of energy before the introduction of the mystical, magical greenhouse gas ergo any increase in temperature cannot be attributed to the sun but only to the gas. Since nothing spontaneously increases in temperature without additional thermal energy, your claim leads to the conclusion that the newly added mystical, magical greenhouse gas somehow produces this additional energy, presumably via its magical thermodynamics-defying superpowers.

There is no other explanation. You believe that greenhouse gas has the magical superpower to create additional energy in violation of the first law of thermodynamics. Of course you also believe that once you walk this 5-ton elephant into the room, you can conveniently make make it vanish by adding the words "no one is saying that greenhosue gas is creating any additional energy." Sorry, the elephant does not disappear.

Your argument is dismissed and you are WRONG!

[errata: the elephant pictured is only a 3.5-ton elephant, not 5-ton]

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
RE: ICE AGE?: Is The End OF The Interglacial Phase Coming Or Have We Accidentally Saved Humanity With Fossil23-06-2020 08:43
(3979)
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
You forget yourself GFM! Remember? You have no clue ...
We've been through how you know the temperature in your neck of the woods? Hmmm. Seems odd knowing that and not the temp in your own home.

IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 did not say the temperature of ...
Uh, I don't even care. Way way too stupid.

IBdaMann wrote:..mystical, magical greenhouse gas
It mucks up the board to discuss the same issue in multiple topics, we were discussing how a planet can have a higher temperature without a change in the rate of radiance coming from the sun you're welcome to do that here:
Venus is Hotter than Mercury where you forgot to reply Want to paste that there?

Edited on 23-06-2020 08:46
23-06-2020 10:01
(5196)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote: The Sun is what is contributing all of the energy (radiance which is absorbed and converted to thermal energy).

This is exactly what you are denying, and you are therefore WRONG!

The sun is presumed to be emitting exactly the same amount of energy before the introduction of the mystical, magical greenhouse gas ergo any increase in temperature cannot be attributed to the sun but only to the gas. Since nothing spontaneously increases in temperature without additional thermal energy, your claim leads to the conclusion that the newly added mystical, magical greenhouse gas somehow produces this additional energy, presumably via its magical thermodynamics-defying superpowers.

There is no other explanation. You believe that greenhouse gas has the magical superpower to create additional energy in violation of the first law of thermodynamics. Of course you also believe that once you walk this 5-ton elephant into the room, you can conveniently make make it vanish by adding the words "no one is saying that greenhosue gas is creating any additional energy." Sorry, the elephant does not disappear.

Your argument is dismissed and you are WRONG!

[errata: the elephant pictured is only a 3.5-ton elephant, not 5-ton]

Should the elephant be hiding in the basement. Politically, wouldn't a donkey be more correct...
23-06-2020 16:24
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: It's currently 24 deg C in my neck of the woods in southern WI...

You are WRONG!

gfm7175 did not say the temperature of his neck of the woods was 24 deg C ... he said that it was currently 24 deg C in his neck of the woods. Do you doubt that somewhere in his neck of the woods it was 24 deg C?

One more time ... you are WRONG!

I would get sick of being WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG, but not him... not ipiddlemyself... It doesn't seem to phase him one bit.
23-06-2020 16:56
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
You forget yourself GFM! Remember? You have no clue ...
We've been through how you know the temperature in your neck of the woods? Hmmm. Seems odd knowing that and not the temp in your own home.

Not "in" my own home... "OF" my own home... In English, "in" and "of" have different meanings, piddleboy. I don't speak Liberal. We've already discussed the difference between 'the precise location of a thermometer' and 'a volume'.

tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 did not say the temperature of ...
Uh, I don't even care. Way way too stupid.

In English, "in" and "of" have different meanings, piddleboy. And yes, you are way way too stupid. I agree with you on that point.

tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:..mystical, magical greenhouse gas
It mucks up the board to discuss the same issue in multiple topics, we were discussing how a planet can have a higher temperature without a change in the rate of radiance coming from the sun you're welcome to do that here:
Venus is Hotter than Mercury where you forgot to reply Want to paste that there?

YOU are the one who is spamming across threads, piddleboy. This is due to your desire to preach your WACKY religion to the whole world... the "Great Commission", as it's called in Christianity.
23-06-2020 17:01
(3314)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Should the elephant be hiding in the basement. Politically, wouldn't a donkey be more correct...

Hiding in the basement is a good idea haha... could also label it a "knowledge free zone".
23-06-2020 21:01
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:...deleted Mantras 30...29...23...15a...15b...6...29...

No argument presented. RQAA. Denial of science. Denial of mathematics. Spamming.

The Parrot Killer

Page 4 of 4<<<234

Join the debate ICE AGE?: Is The End OF The Interglacial Phase Coming Or Have We Accidentally Saved Humanity With Fossil :

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Using fossil fuel is mass murder.!?3304-02-2024 08:12
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
The new President elect of Haagen Dazs, demonstrating an ice cream filled donut017-11-2023 14:07
Jimmy Hoffa's body may be located which will mean the end of World Hunger and climate change both001-11-2023 20:25
Only New Central Bank Type Appear Can End Global Currency War325-07-2023 22:50
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact