Remember me
▼ Content

Ian



Page 1 of 212>
Ian02-10-2022 20:52
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19854)
The hurricane season has been unusually quiet this year, but storm Ian has left behind quite a bit of damage from flooding and wind. Now that this storm is moving up the coast and degrading into essentially a nor-easter before it finally moves off the coast again, it's a good time to reflect on the human suffering any storm like this can cause.

People have lost their homes and businesses, the vehicles, and in some cases, their lives. This can happen with any storm, but the regional damage here is considerable. This is a time where charity can really make a difference.

None of this is climate. This is weather.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 02-10-2022 21:00
03-10-2022 02:25
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4463)
I'm a little skeptical of the wind damage, least in the middle of the state where I live and work. Nothing on my commute really indicates a severe wind event. There were three places, where the roads were flooded over. Friday, I just drove through them, no problem. Saturday those roads were blocked off. Did squeeze around the barricade, on one of them... The other two were blocked off much better. Storm drainage failures, probably clogged with small debris washed off the roads. I've got a 40 minute drive to work, and saw no downed trees (or anything else). Usually there are at least tree branches. Didn't see any privacy fence torn a part. Lot of standing water, about it. I'm sure some areas got worse flooding, since the management system can only handle so much at a time. There is really only on way the water can go, no backup drainage. If there is a clog, it will flood. Only three minor failure on my 42 mile commute... Saturday morning, I did an addition 30 minutes, do to detours, and getting a little lost...

The news stations just showed the highlights, which looked bad. Guessing they had to do some searching to find those video clips.
03-10-2022 06:19
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19854)
While Floridians generally shrugged off the hurricane in typical Floridian style (including some memorable Florida Man moments!), the areas severely damaged do exist, and people lost everything. Yes, the news concentrates on those areas (if it bleeds, it leads, as they say), but to simply discard what people suffered there because of it is rather cold, don't you think?

Charity can go a long way. Help out those who need help. It may be just helping to clear some of the trees out of the road, picking up some local debris, clearing a drain, no more than that. It's a mess out there in some places. If you help out where you are, others are free to help those in worse shape than you.

At least things seem to be coming back to normalcy there pretty quickly. Unfortunately, the southwestern coast and SW coastal islands were hit pretty hard.

Glad to see the power coming back so quickly.
03-10-2022 06:57
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2621)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I'm a little skeptical of the wind damage, least in the middle of the state where I live and work. Nothing on my commute really indicates a severe wind event. There were three places, where the roads were flooded over. Friday, I just drove through them, no problem. Saturday those roads were blocked off. Did squeeze around the barricade, on one of them... The other two were blocked off much better. Storm drainage failures, probably clogged with small debris washed off the roads. I've got a 40 minute drive to work, and saw no downed trees (or anything else). Usually there are at least tree branches. Didn't see any privacy fence torn a part. Lot of standing water, about it. I'm sure some areas got worse flooding, since the management system can only handle so much at a time. There is really only on way the water can go, no backup drainage. If there is a clog, it will flood. Only three minor failure on my 42 mile commute... Saturday morning, I did an addition 30 minutes, do to detours, and getting a little lost...

The news stations just showed the highlights, which looked bad. Guessing they had to do some searching to find those video clips.


Little surprised at your response, Harvey.

This hurricane was no Andrew, but it was certainly the real deal, packing winds of 155. Not only was it quite strong, the orientation of the southwest winds on the SE portion of the storm lined up quite well with the local geography for tremendous amounts of water going up the rivers and flooding inland areas. When roads and bridges disappear, and hundreds (thousands?) of houses are reduced to splinters, something bad certainly happened.

ITN is right on. These people need our help. I know what it's like...a little bit. I have lost everything in a house fire. It's very sobering to suddenly have nothing. I guess I was one better than many Floridians. I still had my vehicles and all family members. Not everyone in Florida can say that tonight.

If you can't go there, send a few bucks. If you can go, bodies and hands would be huge to many. Like ITN said, help one person, and that person is sooner able to help his neighbor.


Computer science made this page possible, whether you do not believe in science or not.- Swan
03-10-2022 07:18
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19854)
GasGuzzler wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
I'm a little skeptical of the wind damage, least in the middle of the state where I live and work. Nothing on my commute really indicates a severe wind event. There were three places, where the roads were flooded over. Friday, I just drove through them, no problem. Saturday those roads were blocked off. Did squeeze around the barricade, on one of them... The other two were blocked off much better. Storm drainage failures, probably clogged with small debris washed off the roads. I've got a 40 minute drive to work, and saw no downed trees (or anything else). Usually there are at least tree branches. Didn't see any privacy fence torn a part. Lot of standing water, about it. I'm sure some areas got worse flooding, since the management system can only handle so much at a time. There is really only on way the water can go, no backup drainage. If there is a clog, it will flood. Only three minor failure on my 42 mile commute... Saturday morning, I did an addition 30 minutes, do to detours, and getting a little lost...

The news stations just showed the highlights, which looked bad. Guessing they had to do some searching to find those video clips.


Little surprised at your response, Harvey.

This hurricane was no Andrew, but it was certainly the real deal, packing winds of 155. Not only was it quite strong, the orientation of the southwest winds on the SE portion of the storm lined up quite well with the local geography for tremendous amounts of water going up the rivers and flooding inland areas. When roads and bridges disappear, and hundreds (thousands?) of houses are reduced to splinters, something bad certainly happened.

ITN is right on. These people need our help. I know what it's like...a little bit. I have lost everything in a house fire. It's very sobering to suddenly have nothing. I guess I was one better than many Floridians. I still had my vehicles and all family members. Not everyone in Florida can say that tonight.

If you can't go there, send a few bucks. If you can go, bodies and hands would be huge to many. Like ITN said, help one person, and that person is sooner able to help his neighbor.

Well said...and thank you.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-10-2022 08:12
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4463)
So I'm a horrible person, because I don't quit my job, and drive 80+ miles to try and find yards to help clean up? I just related the local conditions, from what I saw on my drive to work.
storm drains and ditches are best left to the city and county workers, who have the experience and equipment. The hard hit areas on the coast will get taken care of, but will take time. Me traveling over, isn't going to make much difference. Little more involved, than helping out a neighbor. It's one thing to help people in your neighborhood, when you see a need. Another thing to travel all over the city, looking for something. Really pushing it, crossing county lines (several), to get to the areas seen on the TV news
03-10-2022 18:05
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3220)
HarveyH55 wrote:
So I'm a horrible person, because I don't quit my job, and drive 80+ miles to try and find yards to help clean up?

No, but your response did come across as a bit cold with regard to the people who did experience a lot worse damage than what you describe occurred in your local area.

The general Fort Myers area suffered topography changing events as well as a lot of infrastructure damage. A blog from someone who is somewhere in the general area describes his "steel shutters with double drilled anchor bolts" being turned into "crash test discards". The southern tip of Sanibel Island also got completely destroyed by the sounds of it (all the buildings that were there are now gone), but somehow the historic lighthouse that is there managed to survive (albeit with damage). The fact that the lighthouse survived is an interesting outcome when you think about it.

Death tolls are climbing, and a lot of people have lost a lot (if not most everything), but it does sound like fellowship is strong down there (and even elsewhere in the country) and that people are pulling together to help out those in need in whatever way is feasible for them to do so.
03-10-2022 18:38
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13031)
I think we can go with Harvey's assessment as to what he is seeing and be happy that at least the severe damage experienced by others did not occur where Harvey is. I have several friends in Florida who also report not seeing a whole lot of damage. I am happy for that.

Of course, those who did suffer from severe damage could certainly use some help about now. Harvey has a point that, at least right away, it is best to let public equipment and machinery do the initial heavy-lifting and then perhaps others will have a better idea how they can best chip in on an individual level.
03-10-2022 21:17
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4463)
A lot of people also need their insurance company to send somebody out. Mostly just wanting to prevent further damage, if possible. Lot of properties on the coast are vacation homes and rentals, not primary residences. These are often cheaply built, just for this reason... Between insurance, and FEMA, most will eventual get a new building. Yeah, I'm a little cold about some things. It's just that we are a tourist/vacation destination. You'll be surprise how many of those destroyed homes, are ready to rent by next summer. They are simple, quick, and cheap to throw together. Most of the people who have lived in Florida know it can happen at any time. Hurricanes aren't the only severe weather we get here. We depend heavily on storm water management, which works well most of the time, but does fail.
03-10-2022 23:37
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19854)
HarveyH55 wrote:
A lot of people also need their insurance company to send somebody out. Mostly just wanting to prevent further damage, if possible. Lot of properties on the coast are vacation homes and rentals, not primary residences. These are often cheaply built, just for this reason... Between insurance, and FEMA, most will eventual get a new building. Yeah, I'm a little cold about some things. It's just that we are a tourist/vacation destination. You'll be surprise how many of those destroyed homes, are ready to rent by next summer. They are simple, quick, and cheap to throw together. Most of the people who have lived in Florida know it can happen at any time. Hurricanes aren't the only severe weather we get here. We depend heavily on storm water management, which works well most of the time, but does fail.

Sensible.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-10-2022 06:18
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2621)
HarveyH55 wrote:
The news stations just showed the highlights, which looked bad. Guessing they had to do some searching to find those video clips.

This is the only part I objected to, Harvey. Yes, they showed highlights, but I'm guessing they had thousands to choose from, and the true scope of damage can't even be captured by a camera.

I haven't been there, and I certainly don't work for any news network, so purely my speculation.


Computer science made this page possible, whether you do not believe in science or not.- Swan
04-10-2022 16:56
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3220)
GasGuzzler wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
The news stations just showed the highlights, which looked bad. Guessing they had to do some searching to find those video clips.

This is the only part I objected to, Harvey. Yes, they showed highlights, but I'm guessing they had thousands to choose from, and the true scope of damage can't even be captured by a camera.

I haven't been there, and I certainly don't work for any news network, so purely my speculation.

That's the part that gave me a bit of pause as well.
04-10-2022 19:52
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2785)
Into the Night wrote:
The hurricane season has been unusually quiet this year, but storm Ian has left behind quite a bit of damage from flooding and wind. Now that this storm is moving up the coast and degrading into essentially a nor-easter before it finally moves off the coast again, it's a good time to reflect on the human suffering any storm like this can cause.

People have lost their homes and businesses, the vehicles, and in some cases, their lives. This can happen with any storm, but the regional damage here is considerable. This is a time where charity can really make a difference.

None of this is climate. This is weather.


Can't feel even the slightest bit of sorrow for anyone who chooses to live in Florida where the accepted lifespan of a home is under 20 years, because every home is wiped out and rebuilt by buffoons every time there is a storm. The fact is that if Florida was condemned that insurance rates would drop for the other 49 states. The parts of Louisiana that are below sea level where they installed pumps that pump the water back into the ocean that is currently 20 feet higher than the pumps, are inhabited only by people who cannot do any form of math. These areas should be condemned for habitation and given back to the crabs and salamanders, but no they spend my ****ing money to rebuild for these morons


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 04-10-2022 20:09
05-10-2022 05:42
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4463)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
The hurricane season has been unusually quiet this year, but storm Ian has left behind quite a bit of damage from flooding and wind. Now that this storm is moving up the coast and degrading into essentially a nor-easter before it finally moves off the coast again, it's a good time to reflect on the human suffering any storm like this can cause.

People have lost their homes and businesses, the vehicles, and in some cases, their lives. This can happen with any storm, but the regional damage here is considerable. This is a time where charity can really make a difference.

None of this is climate. This is weather.


Can't feel even the slightest bit of sorrow for anyone who chooses to live in Florida where the accepted lifespan of a home is under 20 years, because every home is wiped out and rebuilt by buffoons every time there is a storm. The fact is that if Florida was condemned that insurance rates would drop for the other 49 states. The parts of Louisiana that are below sea level where they installed pumps that pump the water back into the ocean that is currently 20 feet higher than the pumps, are inhabited only by people who cannot do any form of math. These areas should be condemned for habitation and given back to the crabs and salamanders, but no they spend my ****ing money to rebuild for these morons


I've lived in Florida since 1986, and bought my house 1992. The house was built in 1946. Hasn't gotten an insurance worthy damage since I've owned it. There are a lot of older homes and buildings that hold up really well. This is where I get the cheap build rental property, and vacation homes. The people who build for themselves, and plan to live there as a primary residence, spend the extra money to make it hold up. It's not hard to find a devastated neighborhood, but two streets over, the house are in good shape. The news stations focus on the devastation... There are homes, of all kinds, that trees fall on. Doesn't have to be a hurricane to knock them down either. There was damage and destruction. It's just not the entire state under water, most buildings damaged. For most of the state, the wind damage was mild. Most of the worst, was done by all the storm water. I watched the local coverage, and expected roads block with down trees an powerlines. Crap everywhere, and a slow ride to work the next morning. It was just a shock, that the roads were clean, just a few places under water. 5 days later, still not seeing mountains of tree limbs and storm debris, where homeowners have been cleaning up.

Final note... Think I killed my alternator, drive through flooded roads. Only did it Friday and Saturday, but had an issue getting home today. Seems kind of a stretch to have been driving 4 days on battery. Hoping I guessed right... Replaced the alternator, charged the battery.
05-10-2022 06:51
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19854)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
The hurricane season has been unusually quiet this year, but storm Ian has left behind quite a bit of damage from flooding and wind. Now that this storm is moving up the coast and degrading into essentially a nor-easter before it finally moves off the coast again, it's a good time to reflect on the human suffering any storm like this can cause.

People have lost their homes and businesses, the vehicles, and in some cases, their lives. This can happen with any storm, but the regional damage here is considerable. This is a time where charity can really make a difference.

None of this is climate. This is weather.


Can't feel even the slightest bit of sorrow for anyone who chooses to live in Florida where the accepted lifespan of a home is under 20 years, because every home is wiped out and rebuilt by buffoons every time there is a storm. The fact is that if Florida was condemned that insurance rates would drop for the other 49 states. The parts of Louisiana that are below sea level where they installed pumps that pump the water back into the ocean that is currently 20 feet higher than the pumps, are inhabited only by people who cannot do any form of math. These areas should be condemned for habitation and given back to the crabs and salamanders, but no they spend my ****ing money to rebuild for these morons


I've lived in Florida since 1986, and bought my house 1992. The house was built in 1946. Hasn't gotten an insurance worthy damage since I've owned it. There are a lot of older homes and buildings that hold up really well. This is where I get the cheap build rental property, and vacation homes. The people who build for themselves, and plan to live there as a primary residence, spend the extra money to make it hold up. It's not hard to find a devastated neighborhood, but two streets over, the house are in good shape. The news stations focus on the devastation... There are homes, of all kinds, that trees fall on. Doesn't have to be a hurricane to knock them down either. There was damage and destruction. It's just not the entire state under water, most buildings damaged. For most of the state, the wind damage was mild. Most of the worst, was done by all the storm water. I watched the local coverage, and expected roads block with down trees an powerlines. Crap everywhere, and a slow ride to work the next morning. It was just a shock, that the roads were clean, just a few places under water. 5 days later, still not seeing mountains of tree limbs and storm debris, where homeowners have been cleaning up.

Final note... Think I killed my alternator, drive through flooded roads. Only did it Friday and Saturday, but had an issue getting home today. Seems kind of a stretch to have been driving 4 days on battery. Hoping I guessed right... Replaced the alternator, charged the battery.


You have to remember that Swan thinks Florida is nothing but a big swamp full of trailer homes. He's obviously never been to Florida.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 05-10-2022 06:52
05-10-2022 08:12
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2785)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
The hurricane season has been unusually quiet this year, but storm Ian has left behind quite a bit of damage from flooding and wind. Now that this storm is moving up the coast and degrading into essentially a nor-easter before it finally moves off the coast again, it's a good time to reflect on the human suffering any storm like this can cause.

People have lost their homes and businesses, the vehicles, and in some cases, their lives. This can happen with any storm, but the regional damage here is considerable. This is a time where charity can really make a difference.

None of this is climate. This is weather.


Can't feel even the slightest bit of sorrow for anyone who chooses to live in Florida where the accepted lifespan of a home is under 20 years, because every home is wiped out and rebuilt by buffoons every time there is a storm. The fact is that if Florida was condemned that insurance rates would drop for the other 49 states. The parts of Louisiana that are below sea level where they installed pumps that pump the water back into the ocean that is currently 20 feet higher than the pumps, are inhabited only by people who cannot do any form of math. These areas should be condemned for habitation and given back to the crabs and salamanders, but no they spend my ****ing money to rebuild for these morons


I've lived in Florida since 1986, and bought my house 1992. The house was built in 1946. Hasn't gotten an insurance worthy damage since I've owned it. There are a lot of older homes and buildings that hold up really well. This is where I get the cheap build rental property, and vacation homes. The people who build for themselves, and plan to live there as a primary residence, spend the extra money to make it hold up. It's not hard to find a devastated neighborhood, but two streets over, the house are in good shape. The news stations focus on the devastation... There are homes, of all kinds, that trees fall on. Doesn't have to be a hurricane to knock them down either. There was damage and destruction. It's just not the entire state under water, most buildings damaged. For most of the state, the wind damage was mild. Most of the worst, was done by all the storm water. I watched the local coverage, and expected roads block with down trees an powerlines. Crap everywhere, and a slow ride to work the next morning. It was just a shock, that the roads were clean, just a few places under water. 5 days later, still not seeing mountains of tree limbs and storm debris, where homeowners have been cleaning up.

Final note... Think I killed my alternator, drive through flooded roads. Only did it Friday and Saturday, but had an issue getting home today. Seems kind of a stretch to have been driving 4 days on battery. Hoping I guessed right... Replaced the alternator, charged the battery.


Shit you are blind, the damage from Andrew is still not all repaired so wake up and look around.





By the way, new homes always hold up better because of code improvements. But as you see there are no old homes


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
05-10-2022 09:05
Spongy Iris
★★★★☆
(1206)
From what I have been hearing, the storm surge of Ian was its most powerful impact.

https://youtu.be/al8yTiCVfro

You don't have to worry about storm surge if you're in the middle of Florida, just if you live on the coast where the hurricane hits.


05-10-2022 14:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2785)
Spongy Iris wrote:
From what I have been hearing, the storm surge of Ian was its most powerful impact.

https://youtu.be/al8yTiCVfro

You don't have to worry about storm surge if you're in the middle of Florida, just if you live on the coast where the hurricane hits.


Wow you must be a nuclear scientist, or at least have a lego degree

Hurricane Ian attacked Florida from the gulf side and went fully through Florida destroying stuff all the way through the state before exiting into the Atlantic.

Check the track

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/graphics/2022/09/29/hurricane-ian-destruction-florida-flooding-damage/10454593002/


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
05-10-2022 19:54
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19854)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
The hurricane season has been unusually quiet this year, but storm Ian has left behind quite a bit of damage from flooding and wind. Now that this storm is moving up the coast and degrading into essentially a nor-easter before it finally moves off the coast again, it's a good time to reflect on the human suffering any storm like this can cause.

People have lost their homes and businesses, the vehicles, and in some cases, their lives. This can happen with any storm, but the regional damage here is considerable. This is a time where charity can really make a difference.

None of this is climate. This is weather.


Can't feel even the slightest bit of sorrow for anyone who chooses to live in Florida where the accepted lifespan of a home is under 20 years, because every home is wiped out and rebuilt by buffoons every time there is a storm. The fact is that if Florida was condemned that insurance rates would drop for the other 49 states. The parts of Louisiana that are below sea level where they installed pumps that pump the water back into the ocean that is currently 20 feet higher than the pumps, are inhabited only by people who cannot do any form of math. These areas should be condemned for habitation and given back to the crabs and salamanders, but no they spend my ****ing money to rebuild for these morons


I've lived in Florida since 1986, and bought my house 1992. The house was built in 1946. Hasn't gotten an insurance worthy damage since I've owned it. There are a lot of older homes and buildings that hold up really well. This is where I get the cheap build rental property, and vacation homes. The people who build for themselves, and plan to live there as a primary residence, spend the extra money to make it hold up. It's not hard to find a devastated neighborhood, but two streets over, the house are in good shape. The news stations focus on the devastation... There are homes, of all kinds, that trees fall on. Doesn't have to be a hurricane to knock them down either. There was damage and destruction. It's just not the entire state under water, most buildings damaged. For most of the state, the wind damage was mild. Most of the worst, was done by all the storm water. I watched the local coverage, and expected roads block with down trees an powerlines. Crap everywhere, and a slow ride to work the next morning. It was just a shock, that the roads were clean, just a few places under water. 5 days later, still not seeing mountains of tree limbs and storm debris, where homeowners have been cleaning up.

Final note... Think I killed my alternator, drive through flooded roads. Only did it Friday and Saturday, but had an issue getting home today. Seems kind of a stretch to have been driving 4 days on battery. Hoping I guessed right... Replaced the alternator, charged the battery.


Shit you are blind, the damage from Andrew is still not all repaired so wake up and look around.





By the way, new homes always hold up better because of code improvements. But as you see there are no old homes

Showing pictures from seven years as if they were today??????!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
05-10-2022 19:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19854)
Spongy Iris wrote:
From what I have been hearing, the storm surge of Ian was its most powerful impact.

https://youtu.be/al8yTiCVfro

You don't have to worry about storm surge if you're in the middle of Florida, just if you live on the coast where the hurricane hits.

That's pretty much true. Unfortunately, with Florida being as flat as it is, storm surge can reach a fair ways inland.

Some people have joked that the highest point in Florida is a basketball player, but he moved away.


Yes...you are correct here. If you are inland in Florida you won't suffer as much damage from hurricanes as those on the coast and barrier islands. There's a reason the indians didn't build out there.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 05-10-2022 19:57
05-10-2022 20:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19854)
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
From what I have been hearing, the storm surge of Ian was its most powerful impact.

https://youtu.be/al8yTiCVfro

You don't have to worry about storm surge if you're in the middle of Florida, just if you live on the coast where the hurricane hits.


Wow you must be a nuclear scientist, or at least have a lego degree

Hurricane Ian attacked Florida from the gulf side and went fully through Florida destroying stuff all the way through the state before exiting into the Atlantic.

Check the track


https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/graphics/2022/09/29/hurricane-ian-destruction-florida-flooding-damage/10454593002/

You still have no idea what hurricanes do, have you? Just because the hurricane crossed Florida doesn't mean the damage is equal along it's path, idjit.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
05-10-2022 20:21
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2785)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
The hurricane season has been unusually quiet this year, but storm Ian has left behind quite a bit of damage from flooding and wind. Now that this storm is moving up the coast and degrading into essentially a nor-easter before it finally moves off the coast again, it's a good time to reflect on the human suffering any storm like this can cause.

People have lost their homes and businesses, the vehicles, and in some cases, their lives. This can happen with any storm, but the regional damage here is considerable. This is a time where charity can really make a difference.

None of this is climate. This is weather.


Can't feel even the slightest bit of sorrow for anyone who chooses to live in Florida where the accepted lifespan of a home is under 20 years, because every home is wiped out and rebuilt by buffoons every time there is a storm. The fact is that if Florida was condemned that insurance rates would drop for the other 49 states. The parts of Louisiana that are below sea level where they installed pumps that pump the water back into the ocean that is currently 20 feet higher than the pumps, are inhabited only by people who cannot do any form of math. These areas should be condemned for habitation and given back to the crabs and salamanders, but no they spend my ****ing money to rebuild for these morons


I've lived in Florida since 1986, and bought my house 1992. The house was built in 1946. Hasn't gotten an insurance worthy damage since I've owned it. There are a lot of older homes and buildings that hold up really well. This is where I get the cheap build rental property, and vacation homes. The people who build for themselves, and plan to live there as a primary residence, spend the extra money to make it hold up. It's not hard to find a devastated neighborhood, but two streets over, the house are in good shape. The news stations focus on the devastation... There are homes, of all kinds, that trees fall on. Doesn't have to be a hurricane to knock them down either. There was damage and destruction. It's just not the entire state under water, most buildings damaged. For most of the state, the wind damage was mild. Most of the worst, was done by all the storm water. I watched the local coverage, and expected roads block with down trees an powerlines. Crap everywhere, and a slow ride to work the next morning. It was just a shock, that the roads were clean, just a few places under water. 5 days later, still not seeing mountains of tree limbs and storm debris, where homeowners have been cleaning up.

Final note... Think I killed my alternator, drive through flooded roads. Only did it Friday and Saturday, but had an issue getting home today. Seems kind of a stretch to have been driving 4 days on battery. Hoping I guessed right... Replaced the alternator, charged the battery.


Shit you are blind, the damage from Andrew is still not all repaired so wake up and look around.





By the way, new homes always hold up better because of code improvements. But as you see there are no old homes

Showing pictures from seven years as if they were today??????!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


That's the point doofus, the damage from last years hurricanes is not fully repaired in Florida and the damage from hurricane Andrew will never be fully repaired because people should not be living within 10 miles of the Florida coast. So thanks for making my point so eloquently.

Ian's wrath on dumb Florida hillbillies







Why rebuild when the next direct hit is literally guaranteed


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 05-10-2022 20:24
06-10-2022 00:10
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19854)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
The hurricane season has been unusually quiet this year, but storm Ian has left behind quite a bit of damage from flooding and wind. Now that this storm is moving up the coast and degrading into essentially a nor-easter before it finally moves off the coast again, it's a good time to reflect on the human suffering any storm like this can cause.

People have lost their homes and businesses, the vehicles, and in some cases, their lives. This can happen with any storm, but the regional damage here is considerable. This is a time where charity can really make a difference.

None of this is climate. This is weather.


Can't feel even the slightest bit of sorrow for anyone who chooses to live in Florida where the accepted lifespan of a home is under 20 years, because every home is wiped out and rebuilt by buffoons every time there is a storm. The fact is that if Florida was condemned that insurance rates would drop for the other 49 states. The parts of Louisiana that are below sea level where they installed pumps that pump the water back into the ocean that is currently 20 feet higher than the pumps, are inhabited only by people who cannot do any form of math. These areas should be condemned for habitation and given back to the crabs and salamanders, but no they spend my ****ing money to rebuild for these morons


I've lived in Florida since 1986, and bought my house 1992. The house was built in 1946. Hasn't gotten an insurance worthy damage since I've owned it. There are a lot of older homes and buildings that hold up really well. This is where I get the cheap build rental property, and vacation homes. The people who build for themselves, and plan to live there as a primary residence, spend the extra money to make it hold up. It's not hard to find a devastated neighborhood, but two streets over, the house are in good shape. The news stations focus on the devastation... There are homes, of all kinds, that trees fall on. Doesn't have to be a hurricane to knock them down either. There was damage and destruction. It's just not the entire state under water, most buildings damaged. For most of the state, the wind damage was mild. Most of the worst, was done by all the storm water. I watched the local coverage, and expected roads block with down trees an powerlines. Crap everywhere, and a slow ride to work the next morning. It was just a shock, that the roads were clean, just a few places under water. 5 days later, still not seeing mountains of tree limbs and storm debris, where homeowners have been cleaning up.

Final note... Think I killed my alternator, drive through flooded roads. Only did it Friday and Saturday, but had an issue getting home today. Seems kind of a stretch to have been driving 4 days on battery. Hoping I guessed right... Replaced the alternator, charged the battery.


Shit you are blind, the damage from Andrew is still not all repaired so wake up and look around.





By the way, new homes always hold up better because of code improvements. But as you see there are no old homes

Showing pictures from seven years as if they were today??????!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


That's the point doofus, the damage from last years hurricanes is not fully repaired in Florida and the damage from hurricane Andrew will never be fully repaired because people should not be living within 10 miles of the Florida coast. So thanks for making my point so eloquently.

Ian's wrath on dumb Florida hillbillies







Why rebuild when the next direct hit is literally guaranteed

Paradox. Irrational. You cannot argue both sides of a paradox.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-10-2022 00:50
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2785)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
The hurricane season has been unusually quiet this year, but storm Ian has left behind quite a bit of damage from flooding and wind. Now that this storm is moving up the coast and degrading into essentially a nor-easter before it finally moves off the coast again, it's a good time to reflect on the human suffering any storm like this can cause.

People have lost their homes and businesses, the vehicles, and in some cases, their lives. This can happen with any storm, but the regional damage here is considerable. This is a time where charity can really make a difference.

None of this is climate. This is weather.


Can't feel even the slightest bit of sorrow for anyone who chooses to live in Florida where the accepted lifespan of a home is under 20 years, because every home is wiped out and rebuilt by buffoons every time there is a storm. The fact is that if Florida was condemned that insurance rates would drop for the other 49 states. The parts of Louisiana that are below sea level where they installed pumps that pump the water back into the ocean that is currently 20 feet higher than the pumps, are inhabited only by people who cannot do any form of math. These areas should be condemned for habitation and given back to the crabs and salamanders, but no they spend my ****ing money to rebuild for these morons


I've lived in Florida since 1986, and bought my house 1992. The house was built in 1946. Hasn't gotten an insurance worthy damage since I've owned it. There are a lot of older homes and buildings that hold up really well. This is where I get the cheap build rental property, and vacation homes. The people who build for themselves, and plan to live there as a primary residence, spend the extra money to make it hold up. It's not hard to find a devastated neighborhood, but two streets over, the house are in good shape. The news stations focus on the devastation... There are homes, of all kinds, that trees fall on. Doesn't have to be a hurricane to knock them down either. There was damage and destruction. It's just not the entire state under water, most buildings damaged. For most of the state, the wind damage was mild. Most of the worst, was done by all the storm water. I watched the local coverage, and expected roads block with down trees an powerlines. Crap everywhere, and a slow ride to work the next morning. It was just a shock, that the roads were clean, just a few places under water. 5 days later, still not seeing mountains of tree limbs and storm debris, where homeowners have been cleaning up.

Final note... Think I killed my alternator, drive through flooded roads. Only did it Friday and Saturday, but had an issue getting home today. Seems kind of a stretch to have been driving 4 days on battery. Hoping I guessed right... Replaced the alternator, charged the battery.


Shit you are blind, the damage from Andrew is still not all repaired so wake up and look around.





By the way, new homes always hold up better because of code improvements. But as you see there are no old homes

Showing pictures from seven years as if they were today??????!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


That's the point doofus, the damage from last years hurricanes is not fully repaired in Florida and the damage from hurricane Andrew will never be fully repaired because people should not be living within 10 miles of the Florida coast. So thanks for making my point so eloquently.

Ian's wrath on dumb Florida hillbillies







Why rebuild when the next direct hit is literally guaranteed

Paradox. Irrational. You cannot argue both sides of a paradox.


There is no paradox, because rebuilding a destroyed home in Florida benefits no one except the construction workers, and the clean-up crews and only causes the new home owner to make out a FEMA application that you pay for. Makes sense you being a billionaire and all


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
06-10-2022 03:35
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4463)
Ian started dumping ran over much of Florida, day before it made landfall. Hurricanes are massive storms, over a hundred miles wide. All that water has to go some place quickly, but Florida is flat, and low elevation. Fast, isn't an option. Run off, is of course going out to sea. The coast gets double the storm damage. Storm surge, plus the run off from the rest of the state. Water does the bulk of the damage. Hurricanes also spawn tornadoes, which do worse wind damage. There were several funnel clouds reported, but didn't see any reported touching down. Florida does not get hit by a hurricane every year. It's a big state, being in the path of destruction is rare. Most states have some risk of natural disasters, which are rarely statewide. I prefer the the Florida storms, over the northern winter storms. Snow and ice suck, and do quit a bit of damage. Clean up and repairs after a blizzard really suck, because it's still fukking cold.
06-10-2022 04:53
Spongy Iris
★★★★☆
(1206)
Swan wrote:

Check the track

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/graphics/2022/09/29/hurricane-ian-destruction-florida-flooding-damage/10454593002/


The storm surge probably won't exceed 30 miles inland.

Not sure how far inland Ian's storm surge traveled in its worst areas.

The land will also weaken the wind speed.

The maximum wind gusts reported for Ian were 155 mph at sea when they came up on the FL west coast, almost the worst kind of category 5 hurricane. But the wind had weakened to a tropical storm by the time it reached the east coast of FL. Once the storm reached the Atlantic, it strengthened again to a category 1 hurricane, and moved North, reaching land again in SC, where it's hurricane status ended.

But the same storm system still worked its way all up the East coast.



Edited on 06-10-2022 04:55
06-10-2022 05:56
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2785)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Ian started dumping ran over much of Florida, day before it made landfall. Hurricanes are massive storms, over a hundred miles wide. All that water has to go some place quickly, but Florida is flat, and low elevation. Fast, isn't an option. Run off, is of course going out to sea. The coast gets double the storm damage. Storm surge, plus the run off from the rest of the state. Water does the bulk of the damage. Hurricanes also spawn tornadoes, which do worse wind damage. There were several funnel clouds reported, but didn't see any reported touching down. Florida does not get hit by a hurricane every year. It's a big state, being in the path of destruction is rare. Most states have some risk of natural disasters, which are rarely statewide. I prefer the the Florida storms, over the northern winter storms. Snow and ice suck, and do quit a bit of damage. Clean up and repairs after a blizzard really suck, because it's still fukking cold.


Actually the average hurricane is 300 miles wide, and you are also wrong because Florida does get hit by hurricanes every year, some major some minor but they happen every year without fail. As for blizzards which I cleared in NJ for almost 40 years while there is damage, everything stops in place and life slows down and the power rarely goes out anymore. Florida will not have power for some places for 2 years because the rebuilding time must be considered.


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
06-10-2022 08:49
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4463)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Ian started dumping ran over much of Florida, day before it made landfall. Hurricanes are massive storms, over a hundred miles wide. All that water has to go some place quickly, but Florida is flat, and low elevation. Fast, isn't an option. Run off, is of course going out to sea. The coast gets double the storm damage. Storm surge, plus the run off from the rest of the state. Water does the bulk of the damage. Hurricanes also spawn tornadoes, which do worse wind damage. There were several funnel clouds reported, but didn't see any reported touching down. Florida does not get hit by a hurricane every year. It's a big state, being in the path of destruction is rare. Most states have some risk of natural disasters, which are rarely statewide. I prefer the the Florida storms, over the northern winter storms. Snow and ice suck, and do quit a bit of damage. Clean up and repairs after a blizzard really suck, because it's still fukking cold.


Actually the average hurricane is 300 miles wide, and you are also wrong because Florida does get hit by hurricanes every year, some major some minor but they happen every year without fail. As for blizzards which I cleared in NJ for almost 40 years while there is damage, everything stops in place and life slows down and the power rarely goes out anymore. Florida will not have power for some places for 2 years because the rebuilding time must be considered.


Not every named storm is a hurricane. Not every hurricane makes landfall in Florida. We do get some severe weather pretty much every year but not always hurricane strength. Storm surge on the coast, is pushing water inland. Which means all the rain that fell inland won't be going that way.
06-10-2022 14:06
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2785)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Ian started dumping ran over much of Florida, day before it made landfall. Hurricanes are massive storms, over a hundred miles wide. All that water has to go some place quickly, but Florida is flat, and low elevation. Fast, isn't an option. Run off, is of course going out to sea. The coast gets double the storm damage. Storm surge, plus the run off from the rest of the state. Water does the bulk of the damage. Hurricanes also spawn tornadoes, which do worse wind damage. There were several funnel clouds reported, but didn't see any reported touching down. Florida does not get hit by a hurricane every year. It's a big state, being in the path of destruction is rare. Most states have some risk of natural disasters, which are rarely statewide. I prefer the the Florida storms, over the northern winter storms. Snow and ice suck, and do quit a bit of damage. Clean up and repairs after a blizzard really suck, because it's still fukking cold.



Actually the average hurricane is 300 miles wide, and you are also wrong because Florida does get hit by hurricanes every year, some major some minor but they happen every year without fail. As for blizzards which I cleared in NJ for almost 40 years while there is damage, everything stops in place and life slows down and the power rarely goes out anymore. Florida will not have power for some places for 2 years because the rebuilding time must be considered.


Not every named storm is a hurricane. Not every hurricane makes landfall in Florida. We do get some severe weather pretty much every year but not always hurricane strength. Storm surge on the coast, is pushing water inland. Which means all the rain that fell inland won't be going that way.



Again your claim is that Florida does not have a hurricane make landfall in Florida every year is totally wrong. Cleanup after a blizzard at worst takes 3 hours to two weeks. Again I cleaned up every snowstorm in NJ since 1984. Cleanup from a hurricane in Florida takes from 1 year to infinity because the damage from Andrew will NEVER be repaired as the empty foundations are still there.

You may continue wanking and shitting your pants when the next storm aims at your palmetto bug factory. The truth is that West Virginia inbreeds are far more intelligent than Floridians like you that chose to have their home blow down, then cry for my money in a FEMA loan


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
06-10-2022 16:46
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3220)
Wow, Swan is such a ****ing moron...
06-10-2022 18:26
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13031)
gfm7175 wrote:Wow, Swan is such a ****ing moron...

Swan shouldn't worry so much. Cleanup times for Florida hurricanes will be accelerated 10,000,000 times with quantum computing, while equipment and machinery will arrive much faster with quantum teleportation. The NSA is already working on this to ensure proper weaponization of disaster cleanup lest our enemies get to it first and *really* threaten national security.

If you had invested in Apple instead of Coors, you would already know that Queen Elizabeth had Diana executed for not interviewing Swan as she was obligated.
06-10-2022 20:33
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2785)
gfm7175 wrote:
Wow, Swan is such a ****ing moron...


Why should my tax dollars be used to fix any home that will blow down or float away again? I would live in the Ukraine before I would live in Florida


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
06-10-2022 20:38
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2785)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:Wow, Swan is such a ****ing moron...

Swan shouldn't worry so much. Cleanup times for Florida hurricanes will be accelerated 10,000,000 times with quantum computing, while equipment and machinery will arrive much faster with quantum teleportation. The NSA is already working on this to ensure proper weaponization of disaster cleanup lest our enemies get to it first and *really* threaten national security.

If you had invested in Apple instead of Coors, you would already know that Queen Elizabeth had Diana executed for not interviewing Swan as she was obligated.


Says the holocaust and ice age denier...........................


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
06-10-2022 21:08
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13031)
Swan wrote:Says the holocaust and ice age denier...........................

Says the confessing psyche ward inmate who can't deny any of it.

When I come to visit you in your padded cell, is there a special type of straight jacket you'd like me to bring?
06-10-2022 21:17
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19854)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
The hurricane season has been unusually quiet this year, but storm Ian has left behind quite a bit of damage from flooding and wind. Now that this storm is moving up the coast and degrading into essentially a nor-easter before it finally moves off the coast again, it's a good time to reflect on the human suffering any storm like this can cause.

People have lost their homes and businesses, the vehicles, and in some cases, their lives. This can happen with any storm, but the regional damage here is considerable. This is a time where charity can really make a difference.

None of this is climate. This is weather.


Can't feel even the slightest bit of sorrow for anyone who chooses to live in Florida where the accepted lifespan of a home is under 20 years, because every home is wiped out and rebuilt by buffoons every time there is a storm. The fact is that if Florida was condemned that insurance rates would drop for the other 49 states. The parts of Louisiana that are below sea level where they installed pumps that pump the water back into the ocean that is currently 20 feet higher than the pumps, are inhabited only by people who cannot do any form of math. These areas should be condemned for habitation and given back to the crabs and salamanders, but no they spend my ****ing money to rebuild for these morons


I've lived in Florida since 1986, and bought my house 1992. The house was built in 1946. Hasn't gotten an insurance worthy damage since I've owned it. There are a lot of older homes and buildings that hold up really well. This is where I get the cheap build rental property, and vacation homes. The people who build for themselves, and plan to live there as a primary residence, spend the extra money to make it hold up. It's not hard to find a devastated neighborhood, but two streets over, the house are in good shape. The news stations focus on the devastation... There are homes, of all kinds, that trees fall on. Doesn't have to be a hurricane to knock them down either. There was damage and destruction. It's just not the entire state under water, most buildings damaged. For most of the state, the wind damage was mild. Most of the worst, was done by all the storm water. I watched the local coverage, and expected roads block with down trees an powerlines. Crap everywhere, and a slow ride to work the next morning. It was just a shock, that the roads were clean, just a few places under water. 5 days later, still not seeing mountains of tree limbs and storm debris, where homeowners have been cleaning up.

Final note... Think I killed my alternator, drive through flooded roads. Only did it Friday and Saturday, but had an issue getting home today. Seems kind of a stretch to have been driving 4 days on battery. Hoping I guessed right... Replaced the alternator, charged the battery.


Shit you are blind, the damage from Andrew is still not all repaired so wake up and look around.





By the way, new homes always hold up better because of code improvements. But as you see there are no old homes

Showing pictures from seven years as if they were today??????!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


That's the point doofus, the damage from last years hurricanes is not fully repaired in Florida and the damage from hurricane Andrew will never be fully repaired because people should not be living within 10 miles of the Florida coast. So thanks for making my point so eloquently.

Ian's wrath on dumb Florida hillbillies







Why rebuild when the next direct hit is literally guaranteed

Paradox. Irrational. You cannot argue both sides of a paradox.


There is no paradox, because rebuilding a destroyed home in Florida benefits no one except the construction workers, and the clean-up crews and only causes the new home owner to make out a FEMA application that you pay for. Makes sense you being a billionaire and all

So building a home does not benefit the homeowner. Gotit.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-10-2022 21:31
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19854)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Ian started dumping ran over much of Florida, day before it made landfall. Hurricanes are massive storms, over a hundred miles wide. All that water has to go some place quickly, but Florida is flat, and low elevation. Fast, isn't an option. Run off, is of course going out to sea. The coast gets double the storm damage. Storm surge, plus the run off from the rest of the state. Water does the bulk of the damage. Hurricanes also spawn tornadoes, which do worse wind damage. There were several funnel clouds reported, but didn't see any reported touching down. Florida does not get hit by a hurricane every year. It's a big state, being in the path of destruction is rare. Most states have some risk of natural disasters, which are rarely statewide. I prefer the the Florida storms, over the northern winter storms. Snow and ice suck, and do quit a bit of damage. Clean up and repairs after a blizzard really suck, because it's still fukking cold.

Quite right. It's amazing that people somehow think that Florida is the only place to get storms or bad weather.

Your point is well taken. However, just like Florida weathers a hurricane well, other places are well equipped to handle the ice and snow, or the very dry and sometimes very hot conditions of where they are.

Here in the Pacific Northwest, drizzly rain is pretty much a constant here from late fall through spring. There are times when the sky is covered by stratus clouds for weeks at a time. Winter days are also very short here.

The benefits? Little to no heavy snow in the winter, very long days in the summer when the weather is good, and trees and vegetation everywhere. We've got some great clamming and crabbing here as well. Even oysters by the bushel.

The dim days of winter around here can drive some people nuts. Winter depression here is a real problem. The nice long days of summer (where temperatures never get much above 90 deg F), are a real nice way to enjoy some beautiful country.

I've been to Florida (where my brother lived for awhile). I can appreciate the very rare freezing conditions Florida experiences, and there is truly some very beautiful places in Florida. Plus, you have a great governor right now! Sure beats our resident king moron here, Gov Inslee.

As for me, I'm an old desert rat. I grew up in the high deserts of Idaho. This area is known as the Treasure Valley area. Although it's desert, it has it's own beauty. Winters can be anything from mild days to very cold temperatures and sometimes a fair amount of snow (which remains dry to the cold temperatures). The benefits there are fantastic trout fishing and rivers that glitter with fool's gold under blue skies. There is also great skiing due to the very dry snow.

In other words, each place has it's good and bad points.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 06-10-2022 21:37
06-10-2022 21:32
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2785)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Says the holocaust and ice age denier...........................

Says the confessing psyche ward inmate who can't deny any of it.

When I come to visit you in your padded cell, is there a special type of straight jacket you'd like me to bring?


Says the nutcase that denies that the last ice age and the holocaust ever happened.

Yawn

There's a New Quantum Computing Record: Control of a 6-Qubit Processor in Silicon

Another record has been broken on the way to fully operational and capable quantum computers: the complete control of a 6-qubit quantum processor in silicon.

Researchers are calling it "a major stepping stone" for the technology.


Qubits (or quantum bits) are the quantum equivalents of classical computing bits, only they can potentially process much more information. Thanks to quantum physics, they can be in two states at once, rather than just a single 1 or 0.

The difficulty is in getting a lot of qubits to behave as we need them to, which is why this jump to six is important. Being able to operate them in silicon – the same material used in today's electronic devices – makes the technology potentially more viable.

"The quantum computing challenge today consists of two parts," says quantum computing researcher Stephan Philips from the Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands. "Developing qubits that are of good enough quality, and developing an architecture that allows one to build large systems of qubits."

"Our work fits into both categories. And since the overall goal of building a quantum computer is an enormous effort, I think it is fair to say we have made a contribution in the right direction."


The qubits are made from individual electrons fixed in a row, 90 nanometers apart (a human hair is around 75,000 nanometers in diameter). This line of 'quantum dots' is placed in silicon, using a structure similar to the transistors used in standard processors.

A six-qubit quantum processor.
The six-qubit quantum processor. The qubits are created by tuning the voltage on the red, blue, and green wires on the chip.SD1 and SD2 are extremely sensitive electric field sensors that can detect the charge of a single electron. These sensors together with advanced control schemes allowed the researchers to place individual electrons at the locations labeled 1-6, which were then operated as qubits. (Philips et al., Nature, 2022)
By making careful improvements to the way the electrons were prepared, managed, and monitored, the team was able to successfully control their spin – the quantum mechanical property that enables the qubit state.

The researchers were also able to create logic gates and entangle systems of two or three electrons, on demand, with low error rates.


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
06-10-2022 21:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19854)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Wow, Swan is such a ****ing moron...


Why should my tax dollars be used to fix any home that will blow down or float away again?

They aren't.
Swan wrote:
I would live in the Ukraine before I would live in Florida

Just can't appreciate Florida. Your loss.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-10-2022 21:43
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19854)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Says the holocaust and ice age denier...........................

Says the confessing psyche ward inmate who can't deny any of it.

When I come to visit you in your padded cell, is there a special type of straight jacket you'd like me to bring?

...deleted Mantras 31a...32...20q10...20q9...22j...39m...

No argument presented. Spamming. Trolling.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-10-2022 01:46
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2785)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Wow, Swan is such a ****ing moron...


Why should my tax dollars be used to fix any home that will blow down or float away again?

They aren't.
Swan wrote:
I would live in the Ukraine before I would live in Florida

Just can't appreciate Florida. Your loss.


Actually FEMA is 100 percent tax dollar funded, like your welfare check


According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Page 1 of 212>





Join the debate Ian:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact