Remember me
▼ Content

I think, therefore I am.

I think, therefore I am.25-05-2023 19:22
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
It's a catchy phrase but probably doesn't apply to robots.
25-05-2023 19:52
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14394)
keepit wrote:It's a catchy phrase but probably doesn't apply to robots.

Software doesn't think. It provides instructions to a robot's control function which provides commands to a servomotor driver which tells the servomotor what motion to effect. Some operating system on which the software is running creates a process for the software and has a pointer run through the software's instructions. It's all mechanical. It may present an appearance/illusion of thinking but it isn't a thinking entity any more than a statue of the thinker is a thinking entity.
25-05-2023 19:57
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
A matte of semantics. AGAIN!
Edited on 25-05-2023 19:58
25-05-2023 20:01
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
The significant difference is that robots don't have a God given spirit. Humans can't give a God given spirit to robots.
25-05-2023 20:30
(14394)
keepit wrote:A matte of semantics. AGAIN!

Were you expecting a paragraph devoid of semantics?

keepit wrote:The significant difference is that robots don't have a God given spirit. Humans can't give a God given spirit to robots.

You just pivoted. You were talking about thinking being the differentiator. Suddenly you need the differentiator to be something within your religious doctrine.

... and you want it expressed without semantics.

keepit, it's refreshing to see that you have gone back to being completely stupid. Thank you.

25-05-2023 20:40
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I don't think you understand ibd.

Not that i have a good definition of thinking but thinking with a God given spirit is different than thinking without a God given spirit.
Edited on 25-05-2023 20:58
25-05-2023 21:25
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
keepit wrote:

Philosophy rubbish... Rene Descartes, Method of Doubt, I think. Been a few decades, and a time best not revisited much.
25-05-2023 23:14
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
keepit wrote:
The significant difference is that robots don't have a God given spirit. Humans can't give a God given spirit to robots.

How do you know?

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
26-05-2023 01:57
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
"Humans can't give a robot a God given spirit". I'm not sure how i know. I think it is something not of this physical world.
26-05-2023 03:20
James_
★★★★★
(2230)
keepit wrote:

Most people don't think. Kind of why the book Who Moved My Cheese was so popular. Of course the Bible states that God made people stupid.
1 Corinthians 1:19 For it is written: 'I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.'

Then again if you ask a scientist if 93% of the universe is filled with dark matter they'll say yes. Then if you ask them if they know where dark matter is they'll say they're searching for it. Sad but true.
26-05-2023 07:28
(14394)
keepit wrote:Not that i have a good definition of thinking but thinking with a God given spirit is different than thinking without a God given spirit.

Is my thinking of the with a God-given spirit type, or of the without a God-given spirit type? I've never checked my spirit to find out what type I have. I might not even have one, LOL, and if I do, it might not be the right color.

Any help would be appreciated.
26-05-2023 13:13
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
keepit wrote:
"Humans can't give a robot a God given spirit". I'm not sure how i know. I think it is something not of this physical world.

If humans were created using the DNA likeness of God, why would they not be able to develop all of God's abilities over time?

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

26-05-2023 17:52
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Those questions are too hard.
27-05-2023 01:08
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:It's a catchy phrase but probably doesn't apply to robots.

Software doesn't think. It provides instructions to a robot's control function which provides commands to a servomotor driver which tells the servomotor what motion to effect. Some operating system on which the software is running creates a process for the software and has a pointer run through the software's instructions. It's all mechanical. It may present an appearance/illusion of thinking but it isn't a thinking entity any more than a statue of the thinker is a thinking entity.

A lot of robots don't even have a computer in them. They are still robots, of course, but people generally don't consider them robots.

Examples:
Mechanical thermostats and associated HVAC systems.
Simpler washing machines or dryers.
Class A style remotes and their associated slave devices (such as older TVs, remote controlled aircraft and cars, etc.).
Older style autopilot systems for aircraft.
Automated fire suppression systems (such as wet sprinkler systems).
Older style cruise control systems in automobiles.
Older style automatons (such as appeared in shows and some vending machines).

NONE of these have a computer (not even an analog computer), yet they are robots.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-05-2023 01:09
(21588)
keepit wrote:
A matte of semantics. AGAIN!

Fallacy fallacy. No semantics fallacy occurred.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-05-2023 01:09
(21588)
keepit wrote:

What if the robot considers you God? You created it after all.

The Parrot Killer

27-05-2023 01:10
(21588)
keepit wrote:
I don't think you understand ibd.

Not that i have a good definition of thinking but thinking with a God given spirit is different than thinking without a God given spirit.

Obviously you have no idea what 'thinking' even means.

The Parrot Killer

27-05-2023 01:13
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

Philosophy rubbish... Rene Descartes, Method of Doubt, I think. Been a few decades, and a time best not revisited much.

You have it correct.

Keepit could use some good time researching this bit of philosophy and how Descartes came up with it.

The Parrot Killer

27-05-2023 01:53
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
itn ,
Always with the exaggeration and insults. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?
27-05-2023 13:16
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
keepit wrote:
itn ,

They suffer from delusions of grandeur associated with schizophrenia, and rarely if ever takes their medicine on tome

ULTRA MAGA

27-05-2023 18:20
(21588)
keepit wrote:
itn ,

Go read Descartes.

The Parrot Killer

27-05-2023 18:21
(21588)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
itn ,

They suffer from delusions of grandeur associated with schizophrenia, and rarely if ever takes their medicine on tome

Psychoquackery.

The Parrot Killer

27-05-2023 21:49
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
itn ,

Psychoquackery.

Says the turd who denies entanglement and quantum computers.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ULTRA MAGA

28-05-2023 04:22
(21588)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
itn ,

Psychoquackery.

Says...
Mantra 40a.

The Parrot Killer

28-05-2023 21:48
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
itn ,

Psychoquackery.

Says...
Mantra 40a.

Is that the best you have?

ULTRA MAGA

29-05-2023 19:11
(21588)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
itn ,

Psychoquackery.

Says...
Mantra 40a.

Is...
Mantra 40a.

The Parrot Killer

30-05-2023 18:53
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
itn ,

Psychoquackery.

Says...
Mantra 40a.

Is...
Mantra 40a.

Seriously, is that the best that you have?

ULTRA MAGA

30-05-2023 21:54
(21588)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
itn ,

Psychoquackery.

Says...
Mantra 40a.

Is...
Mantra 40a.

Seriously,...
Mantra 40a.

The Parrot Killer

30-05-2023 22:14
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
itn ,

Psychoquackery.

Says...
Mantra 40a.

Is...
Mantra 40a.

Seriously,...
Mantra 40a.

LOL, I will let you call your Mommy for help since you are stymied

ULTRA MAGA

Join the debate I think, therefore I am.:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact