Remember me
▼ Content

I can't find any info on this online

I can't find any info on this online13-07-2020 15:58
swedishdude69
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
Hi, I live in Gothenburg Sweden and I have a question about sea level risings.
I can't find any information about this online and its a little crazy to be honest, but every damn time I go to the beach I see these hooks like 20-100 meter away from the sea, and everyone I ask says its old boat hooks to park the boats back in the days.
So I tried to search up why the sea level is lower today because no one would bring a 100m rope to park their boat with and when I search it just says everywhere "sea level rising!" can someone explain why the sea level is so much lower here today then before?
13-07-2020 16:14
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
swedishdude69 wrote:
I can't find any information about this online and its a little crazy to be honest, but every damn time I go to the beach I see these hooks like 20-100 meter away from the sea, and everyone I ask says its old boat hooks to park the boats back in the days.
So I tried to search up why the sea level is lower today because no one would bring a 100m rope to park their boat with and when I search it just says everywhere "sea level rising!" can someone explain why the sea level is so much lower here today then before?

There has been no perceptible sea level rise since before 1989. There are Ways to Verify there is no Discernible Sea Level Rise.

On that point, if you would post some photographs of the boat hooks and a geo latitude/longitude (and perhaps a zoom in on Google Maps) then I'll make sure to include all that on the page with the rest.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-07-2020 04:32
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Welcome swedishdude69.You are just what we need on the team.I am in Perth WA and my local harbour is Fremantle that was settled in April 1829 and there is a lot of old pictures from when cameras were first invented that show the sea levels in the same place.My local beach is Trigg where limestone reefs start to occur on the beach and I remember as a child Trigg island being an Island now you can walk to it.This may be because the shire have dumped sand there I will look in to it.In the time I have been studying sea levels I have seen no evidence of sea level rise at all
14-07-2020 05:10
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
swedishdude69 wrote:

If you are anywhere near Stockholm, just look up Greta Thunberg. She's an 'authority' on all things 'climate change'...

I've never really could get a grasp on the rising sea level thing. I've lived in Florida for the past 35 years or so, and just not seeing it, or even hearing any huge concerns. The whole state is low elevation, barely above sea level, and rising, would be noticable, and a hot topic issue everyday. We have buildings and sea walls, that have been standing over a hundred years, not far from the surf. Seems tobe about the same amount of beach today, as there was in the old photos.

They also claim there is an increase in extreme tropical weather, basically hurricanes. Both frequency and intensity are increasing... Another thing that reality, doesn't match the hype. 2004-2005 were the last particularly strong and active seasons. Even our afternoon thunderstorms had quilted down for a long time. This year is starting out, a little more like when I first moved down here though, except for the almost daily tornado watch warnings. It's still not as severe, but the rain comes more often, as it use too. 2-3 major hurricanes each year, has been normal for a long time. Use to get 6-7 every year, with 2-3 making landfall in Florida.
14-07-2020 05:25
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And in the US, mates here tell their wives to go next door. Americans like calm seas and a steady breeze, nothin' too stiff.
If you noticed, a 60 something has the hots for a teen.
Am mindful of McLeod's daughter's.

Edited on 14-07-2020 05:46
14-07-2020 05:48
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
James___ wrote: And in the US, mates here tell their wives to go next door. Americans like calm seas and a steady breeze, nothin' too stiff.

We like to step outside and take in the fresh, clean air of the Norwegian Jet Stream blowing in our faces.

Attached image:

Join the debate I can't find any info on this online:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
LOL did you find the missing 80 million dollar jet yet? Or was it transported to the mother ship018-09-2023 22:57
Biden caught leaking secret info to Russia thru its ally Mali519-07-2023 03:23
Online voting1830-03-2023 21:41
Do not engage the target, as he might actually shut up and stop divulging info1017-02-2023 20:50
Dumb Mexican woman (redundant) falls in love online and travels to Peru to have her organs cut out by026-11-2022 05:31
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact