Remember me
▼ Content

I am in China. China is not corrupt like western countries.


I am in China. China is not corrupt like western countries.31-05-2019 07:07
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1041)
Here in China we have the best healthcare anywhere in the world. We have no carbon tax. The Chinese government is for the people, not against the people like in the west. Western politicians are corrupt. They charge quantillions of USD for their scam air CO2 capture only to put money into their own dirty pockets. Western countries have carbon tax to rob tax payers of their hard earned money, all for dirty dollars into the dirty pockets of corrupt politicians. Western countries have third world living standard compared to China, having crappy public services. Seriously, it's not even close .
Edited on 31-05-2019 07:13
31-05-2019 10:20
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(807)
That's funny, our government feeds us the same propaganda. We don't get arrested, and executed for not believing it though, and saying so. Are the Chinese stealing our propaganda, like our intellectual property? I'm not buying that propaganda either... I thinks more of a cultural difference, if a western business takes their product over to China to be manufactured by small children, cheap. The Chinese believe those product designs are part of the deal, for them to use as they please. You'd think these businesses would know better by now, and stop handing over their secrets, if they wanted them kept secret. They want the cheap labor.

Can't complain about bad health care, if you never get any, or don't survive...
31-05-2019 13:30
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1041)
HarveyH55 wrote:
That's funny, our government feeds us the same propaganda. We don't get arrested, and executed for not believing it though, and saying so. Are the Chinese stealing our propaganda, like our intellectual property? I'm not buying that propaganda either... I thinks more of a cultural difference, if a western business takes their product over to China to be manufactured by small children, cheap. The Chinese believe those product designs are part of the deal, for them to use as they please. You'd think these businesses would know better by now, and stop handing over their secrets, if they wanted them kept secret. They want the cheap labor.

Can't complain about bad health care, if you never get any, or don't survive...


You should come visit China and take a look. China is way more technologically advanced than western countries. Hell, even California has fallen behind China. It's not even close.
31-05-2019 16:44
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3851)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Here in China we have the best healthcare anywhere in the world. We have no carbon tax. The Chinese government is for the people, not against the people like in the west. Western politicians are corrupt. They charge quantillions of USD for their scam air CO2 capture only to put money into their own dirty pockets. Western countries have carbon tax to rob tax payers of their hard earned money, all for dirty dollars into the dirty pockets of corrupt politicians. Western countries have third world living standard compared to China, having crappy public services. Seriously, it's not even close .


Let's see if your characterization matches reality:

China is World's Top Executioner

China's Corruption Just Is Not Getting Better

Corruption Crisis of China's Healthcare

China's Healthcare Crisis

It turns out that the too-many-to-list articles paint a different picture. You wouldn't happen to be wearing blinders, would you?


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
31-05-2019 19:39
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(807)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
That's funny, our government feeds us the same propaganda. We don't get arrested, and executed for not believing it though, and saying so. Are the Chinese stealing our propaganda, like our intellectual property? I'm not buying that propaganda either... I thinks more of a cultural difference, if a western business takes their product over to China to be manufactured by small children, cheap. The Chinese believe those product designs are part of the deal, for them to use as they please. You'd think these businesses would know better by now, and stop handing over their secrets, if they wanted them kept secret. They want the cheap labor.

Can't complain about bad health care, if you never get any, or don't survive...


You should come visit China and take a look. China is way more technologically advanced than western countries. Hell, even California has fallen behind China. It's not even close.



I never felt inclined to visit California, and I lived on the west coast. Not really fair to compare the rest of the United States, to California, they don't really belong anymore... Think they are the ones that invented Climate Change. I know they invented the Ozone crisis, not to mention a whole lot of strange social arrangements... I wouldn't mind visiting China, but I'd have to study up on the laws, so I don't wind up doing hard labor, until my government worked out a trade deal. Of course, I'd only see the tourist parts, where your government keeps it's and postcard perfect, relatively safe, in large groups...
31-05-2019 19:55
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(807)
IBdaMann wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Here in China we have the best healthcare anywhere in the world. We have no carbon tax. The Chinese government is for the people, not against the people like in the west. Western politicians are corrupt. They charge quantillions of USD for their scam air CO2 capture only to put money into their own dirty pockets. Western countries have carbon tax to rob tax payers of their hard earned money, all for dirty dollars into the dirty pockets of corrupt politicians. Western countries have third world living standard compared to China, having crappy public services. Seriously, it's not even close .


Let's see if your characterization matches reality:

China is World's Top Executioner

China's Corruption Just Is Not Getting Better

Corruption Crisis of China's Healthcare

China's Healthcare Crisis

It turns out that the too-many-to-list articles paint a different picture. You wouldn't happen to be wearing blinders, would you?


The Guardian, Forbes, NY Post, Ny Times? This are your credible sources? Nothing from CNN? Sorry, I've always found their style of news leaning a little too far left, and leaving out about half the story in their articles. Really don't like having to read the same story, from more than a one source, often, just to get the real news.

Anyway, China has a much different culture, seems to work for them, and most of the people there are happy enough. It's not like there are mass-migrating over here, or anywhere else, as far as I can tell. Wish our country would step up the executions, convicts shouldn't be kept waiting for decades, that's just being cruel. Should be done publicly too, so parents can show their misbehaving children the consequences for really bad behavior. Get rid of the needles, they pay their debt, by setting an example, no sleeping on the job. What's the point of executing anyone, if nobody learns from it. They could a least keep them in with the general population, maybe a little jailhouse-justice to speed up the process.
31-05-2019 20:51
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3851)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Let's see if your characterization matches reality:

China is World's Top Executioner

China's Corruption Just Is Not Getting Better

Corruption Crisis of China's Healthcare

China's Healthcare Crisis

It turns out that the too-many-to-list articles paint a different picture. You wouldn't happen to be wearing blinders, would you?


The Guardian, Forbes, NY Post, Ny Times? This are your credible sources?

No, they are not credible sources. I had no intention of spending all day sifting through articles so I just grabbed the first few that popped up ... and you know how Google prioritizes.

I submit that if you were willing to sift through articles all day, you could find plenty of credible sources that echo the characterization portrayed by the few I listed.

Feel free to discard those I posted; I will not be offended.

HarveyH55 wrote: Nothing from CNN?

No matter how rushed I am for time, I will most likely skip over CNN. I can't imagine ever being that desperate for material that I would sink to that depth.

HarveyH55 wrote: Sorry, I've always found their style of news leaning a little too far left, and leaving out about half the story in their articles.

I'm with you on that. I'm open to suggestions.


HarveyH55 wrote: Anyway, China has a much different culture, seems to work for them, and most of the people there are happy enough. It's not like there are mass-migrating over here, or anywhere else, as far as I can tell.

I have been following a YouTube blogger documenting life in China. Very detailed, very insightful. I don't believe China is overflowing with happiness. It appears they have wide-spread, deep-rooted problems that the people simply endure day-to-day. I don't believe the quality of China's health-care is very good. I firmly believe the corruption of the Chinese government is beyond compare to anywhere else. I think Tai Hai Chen's characterization of China is absolutely absurd on face value.

... but we are subjectively talking about a country, one that happens to be the second largest in area, one that happens to have more people than any other, yet we are making simple characterizations about China's unimaginable complexity so anyone is free to dismiss my view out of hand.

HarveyH55 wrote: Wish our country would step up the executions, convicts shouldn't be kept waiting for decades, that's just being cruel.

... or perhaps give Death Row inmates an "express lane" option?

HarveyH55 wrote: Should be done publicly too, so parents can show their misbehaving children the consequences for really bad behavior.

... or parents can book flights to Saudi Arabia or Iran.

HarveyH55 wrote: Get rid of the needles, they pay their debt, by setting an example, no sleeping on the job. What's the point of executing anyone, if nobody learns from it. They could a least keep them in with the general population, maybe a little jailhouse-justice to speed up the process.

That only works with the pedophiles.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
31-05-2019 21:14
James___
★★★★☆
(1349)
HarveyH55 wrote:


I never felt inclined to visit California, and I lived on the west coast. Not really fair to compare the rest of the United States, to California, they don't really belong anymore...



California would actually do better if it weren't a part of the US. California contributes more than it's fair share to the US. What you might have missed is that 1 out of every 5 Americans lives in 1 of 3 metropolitan areas, Los Angeles, New York and Chicago.
All 3 have a greater population that the entire state of Florida. And at the end of the day, these 3 cities probably influence policy in D.C. more than the rest of America.
If you ask me, they should be made special economic zones and use different money. That does seem like an extreme point of view but it would have to do more with national economic policy. Should their wealthy be allowed to make things more expensive for Americans who do not live in mega cities?
Since they have more credit available because land values are higher, this enables them to compete against people who live locally and wish to invest in land/property locally. This in essence will allow such people to control the US.
I've read where 56% of the land in England is owned by a small minority because of their history and economic policy.
And the Los Angeles metropolitan area is what Reagan's "Trickle Down Economics" or colloquially known as Reagonomics is based on.

p.s., possibly why interest rates are kept low. It would hurt the economies of those 3 metropolitan areas before the rest of the U.S.
Edited on 31-05-2019 21:17
31-05-2019 21:52
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3851)
James___ wrote: California would actually do better if it weren't a part of the US. California contributes more than it's fair share to the US.

Really? ... or do Federal funds comprise one-third of California's budget?

So you bring up a great experiment idea: Let's cut off California from the US and see how that works out for them.

Oh, what would they do for Defense spending? Oh, never mind, let's just see.


James___ wrote: What you might have missed is that 1 out of every 5 Americans lives in 1 of 3 metropolitan areas, Los Angeles, New York and Chicago.

1 out of every 8 Americans.

If you want 1 in 5 then you need to add the DC, Dallas and Houston metro areas.

James___ wrote: If you ask me, they should be made special economic zones

How does that work? Do you just declare a "zone"? What, exactly, would you accomplish?

James___ wrote: and use different money.

What do you imagine would be gained by adding currency risk and currency exchange costs?


James___ wrote: Should their wealthy be allowed to make things more expensive for Americans who do not live in mega cities?

They don't. That's why the cost of living varies greatly from place to place.

James___ wrote:
I've read where 56% of the land in England is owned by a small minority because of their history and economic policy.

This would be a phenomenal time for you to explode into a tirade about how 1% of Americans own 40% of the wealth!

Hint: Nobody except Marxists lose sleep at night obsessing over the idea that some people have more wealth than others.

Hiint: Nobody wants the Marxist "solution" of making everybody dead broke just to make everything "fair."


James___ wrote: And the Los Angeles metropolitan area is what Reagan's "Trickle Down Economics" or colloquially known as Reagonomics is based on.

Incorrect. Reaganomics is based on economics fundamentals, not on a geographic location. Since you are a Marxist, I wouldn't expect you to know anything about those economic principles. Since you are a Marxist I don't expect you to learn about any economics principles.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
31-05-2019 22:54
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8136)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
That's funny, our government feeds us the same propaganda. We don't get arrested, and executed for not believing it though, and saying so. Are the Chinese stealing our propaganda, like our intellectual property? I'm not buying that propaganda either... I thinks more of a cultural difference, if a western business takes their product over to China to be manufactured by small children, cheap. The Chinese believe those product designs are part of the deal, for them to use as they please. You'd think these businesses would know better by now, and stop handing over their secrets, if they wanted them kept secret. They want the cheap labor.

Can't complain about bad health care, if you never get any, or don't survive...


You should come visit China and take a look. China is way more technologically advanced than western countries. Hell, even California has fallen behind China. It's not even close.

I never felt inclined to visit California, and I lived on the west coast.

You're not missing much, except or course, watching it fall apart from the inside.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Not really fair to compare the rest of the United States, to California, they don't really belong anymore...

I no longer consider California a State. The no longer either the Constitution of the United States nor their own state constitution. Effectively, California is a territory of the United States now.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Think they are the ones that invented Climate Change.

No, but they sure came up with a lot of the religion around it that they call 'science'.
HarveyH55 wrote:
I know they invented the Ozone crisis,

No, DuPont chemical did. They were losing the patents for R-12 refrigerant and they could no longer be renewed. Useful idiots in California certainly helped to spread the word though.
HarveyH55 wrote:
not to mention a whole lot of strange social arrangements...

...let's not go there.


The Parrot Killer
31-05-2019 23:13
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8136)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Here in China we have the best healthcare anywhere in the world. We have no carbon tax. The Chinese government is for the people, not against the people like in the west. Western politicians are corrupt. They charge quantillions of USD for their scam air CO2 capture only to put money into their own dirty pockets. Western countries have carbon tax to rob tax payers of their hard earned money, all for dirty dollars into the dirty pockets of corrupt politicians. Western countries have third world living standard compared to China, having crappy public services. Seriously, it's not even close .


Let's see if your characterization matches reality:

China is World's Top Executioner

China's Corruption Just Is Not Getting Better

Corruption Crisis of China's Healthcare

China's Healthcare Crisis

It turns out that the too-many-to-list articles paint a different picture. You wouldn't happen to be wearing blinders, would you?


The Guardian, Forbes, NY Post, Ny Times? This are your credible sources? Nothing from CNN? Sorry, I've always found their style of news leaning a little too far left, and leaving out about half the story in their articles. Really don't like having to read the same story, from more than a one source, often, just to get the real news.

Anyway, China has a much different culture,

Communism is different from capitalism, true. Asian cultures also stem from different sources than Western cultures. They believe in different gods, have different mythologies, word based characters in their writing, and in general a postfix language structure (as opposed to most Western languages with their infix structure).
HarveyH55 wrote:
seems to work for them,

Actually it doesn't for China. China's history is filled with revolution after revolution. This last peace associated with the 'Chinese Miracle' is quite unusual. The way things are going over there, it looks very much like they're headed back to their usual violent pattern.
HarveyH55 wrote:
and most of the people there are happy enough.

Not really. The workers in China had their retirement programs removed. There is no 'iron rice bowl' anymore. As a result, the need to save like crazy for retirement has taken hold. Money velocity is almost non-existent in China.

Because of China's One Child Rule, there are few workers to replace the ones retiring.

The government, which owns the concrete and steel industries, keeps building cities and infrastructure, but there is no one to live in them or to use the new infrastructure. It's totally unproductive speculation being done by the government. Incentive programs they are pushing onto people to buy stuff aren't working. Money velocity is not increasing.
HarveyH55 wrote:
It's not like there are mass-migrating over here, or anywhere else, as far as I can tell.

It's illegal to do so. That's why. Those that DO manage to get out do so by covering their tracks. It is also illegal to export personal wealth from China. People do so by any means, hook or crook.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Wish our country would step up the executions, convicts shouldn't be kept waiting for decades, that's just being cruel.

Is it any crueler than what they did to their victims? I personally have no problem with life sentences.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Should be done publicly too, so parents can show their misbehaving children the consequences for really bad behavior.

If you need to show them this way, you have already failed as a parent.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Get rid of the needles, they pay their debt, by setting an example, no sleeping on the job.

They cannot pay their debt. They killed someone. They cannot bring a life back from the dead.
HarveyH55 wrote:
What's the point of executing anyone, if nobody learns from it.

You learned from it, did you not? I assume you are going out to murder people.
HarveyH55 wrote:
They could a least keep them in with the general population, maybe a little jailhouse-justice to speed up the process.

Such has murdered the innocent many times. No thanks.


The Parrot Killer
31-05-2019 23:15
James___
★★★★☆
(1349)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: California would actually do better if it weren't a part of the US. California contributes more than it's fair share to the US.

Really? ... or do Federal funds comprise one-third of California's budget?

So you bring up a great experiment idea: Let's cut off California from the US and see how that works out for them.

Oh, what would they do for Defense spending? Oh, never mind, let's just see.


James___ wrote: What you might have missed is that 1 out of every 5 Americans lives in 1 of 3 metropolitan areas, Los Angeles, New York and Chicago.

1 out of every 8 Americans.

If you want 1 in 5 then you need to add the DC, Dallas and Houston metro areas.

James___ wrote: If you ask me, they should be made special economic zones

How does that work? Do you just declare a "zone"? What, exactly, would you accomplish?

James___ wrote: and use different money.

What do you imagine would be gained by adding currency risk and currency exchange costs?


James___ wrote: Should their wealthy be allowed to make things more expensive for Americans who do not live in mega cities?

They don't. That's why the cost of living varies greatly from place to place.

James___ wrote:
I've read where 56% of the land in England is owned by a small minority because of their history and economic policy.

This would be a phenomenal time for you to explode into a tirade about how 1% of Americans own 40% of the wealth!

Hint: Nobody except Marxists lose sleep at night obsessing over the idea that some people have more wealth than others.

Hiint: Nobody wants the Marxist "solution" of making everybody dead broke just to make everything "fair."


James___ wrote: And the Los Angeles metropolitan area is what Reagan's "Trickle Down Economics" or colloquially known as Reagonomics is based on.

Incorrect. Reaganomics is based on economics fundamentals, not on a geographic location. Since you are a Marxist, I wouldn't expect you to know anything about those economic principles. Since you are a Marxist I don't expect you to learn about any economics principles.



It's odd that the definition of reverse logic is not the saying the opposite of what you mean.
As you said; "Since you are a Marxist". I'm not. A basic example of reverse psychology. I'm not a capitalist either but people do need to be Republican or Marxist, right? And no, I'm not a Democrat either.
01-06-2019 01:22
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8136)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:


I never felt inclined to visit California, and I lived on the west coast. Not really fair to compare the rest of the United States, to California, they don't really belong anymore...



California would actually do better if it weren't a part of the US.

It essentially isn't part of the U.S. anymore, except as a territory. They no longer honor either the Constitution of the United States nor their own constitution.
James___ wrote:
California contributes more than it's fair share to the US.

Define 'fair share'. Please include all references.
James___ wrote:
What you might have missed is that 1 out of every 5 Americans lives in 1 of 3 metropolitan areas, Los Angeles, New York and Chicago.

New York and Chicago are not in California.
James___ wrote:
All 3 have a greater population that the entire state of Florida.

* The current population of New York City is 8.6 million.
* The current population of Chicago is 2.7 million.
* The current population of Los Angeles is 4 million.
* The current population of these three cities combined is 15.3 million.
* The current population of Florida is 21.6 million, considerably higher than 15.3 million.

These are figures compiled as of Jan 1st, 2019.
James___ wrote:
And at the end of the day, these 3 cities probably influence policy in D.C. more than the rest of America.
* The current population of the United States, including the territory of California, is 327 million.
* These three cities make up about 4.6% of the population of the United States.
* There are currently 49 States plus the territory of California. Yet California is still treated as a State for electoral purposes.

The number of votes in the electoral college is determined by the number of States, and the population in each State. The electoral college is what determines the President of the United States.

The House representation is by population in each State.

The Senate representation is by two people from each State.

Various lobby organizations represent various special interests, including aviation lobbyists, amateur radio lobbyists, gun lobbyists, even nudist lobbyists (they are clothed when working in Washington DC, at least outside their offices!).

Now tell me how New York City, Chicago, or Los Angeles has greater influence in Washington DC.
[quote]James___ wrote:
If you ask me, they should be made special economic zones

They already are. They are cities. They are each economic disaster areas brought about by Democrats.
James___ wrote:
and use different money.

Why?
James___ wrote:
That does seem like an extreme point of view but it would have to do more with national economic policy.

Creating a special currency for use in three cities is national economic policy???
James___ wrote:
Should their wealthy be allowed to make things more expensive for Americans who do not live in mega cities?

They can't. You seem to think that people can just set the price to whatever they want. Doesn't work that way.
James___ wrote:
Since they have more credit available because land values are higher,

They don't have much land.
James___ wrote:
this enables them to compete against people who live locally and wish to invest in land/property locally.

A city IS local.
James___ wrote:
This in essence will allow such people to control the US.

Don't think so. I've already explained why.
James___ wrote:
I've read where 56% of the land in England is owned by a small minority because of their history and economic policy.

I doubt it's that high. One result of living in an oligarchy.
James___ wrote:
And the Los Angeles metropolitan area is what Reagan's "Trickle Down Economics" or colloquially known as Reagonomics is based on.

Nope. Los Angeles is the way it is because of liberalism. Reagan didn't invent the term 'trickle down economics' either.
James___ wrote:
p.s., possibly why interest rates are kept low.

No, they are kept low because the Fed implements price controls and artificially keeps the interests low.
James___ wrote:
It would hurt the economies of those 3 metropolitan areas before the rest of the U.S.

Since these three cities are only 4.6% of the population of the U.S., that's not likely.


The Parrot Killer
01-06-2019 01:33
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8136)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: California would actually do better if it weren't a part of the US. California contributes more than it's fair share to the US.

Really? ... or do Federal funds comprise one-third of California's budget?

So you bring up a great experiment idea: Let's cut off California from the US and see how that works out for them.

Oh, what would they do for Defense spending? Oh, never mind, let's just see.


James___ wrote: What you might have missed is that 1 out of every 5 Americans lives in 1 of 3 metropolitan areas, Los Angeles, New York and Chicago.

1 out of every 8 Americans.

If you want 1 in 5 then you need to add the DC, Dallas and Houston metro areas.

James___ wrote: If you ask me, they should be made special economic zones

How does that work? Do you just declare a "zone"? What, exactly, would you accomplish?

James___ wrote: and use different money.

What do you imagine would be gained by adding currency risk and currency exchange costs?


James___ wrote: Should their wealthy be allowed to make things more expensive for Americans who do not live in mega cities?

They don't. That's why the cost of living varies greatly from place to place.

James___ wrote:
I've read where 56% of the land in England is owned by a small minority because of their history and economic policy.

This would be a phenomenal time for you to explode into a tirade about how 1% of Americans own 40% of the wealth!

Hint: Nobody except Marxists lose sleep at night obsessing over the idea that some people have more wealth than others.

Hiint: Nobody wants the Marxist "solution" of making everybody dead broke just to make everything "fair."


James___ wrote: And the Los Angeles metropolitan area is what Reagan's "Trickle Down Economics" or colloquially known as Reagonomics is based on.

Incorrect. Reaganomics is based on economics fundamentals, not on a geographic location. Since you are a Marxist, I wouldn't expect you to know anything about those economic principles. Since you are a Marxist I don't expect you to learn about any economics principles.



It's odd that the definition of reverse logic is not the saying the opposite of what you mean.

Void argument fallacy.
James___ wrote:
As you said; "Since you are a Marxist". I'm not.

You are sure arguing like one.
James___ wrote:
A basic example of reverse psychology.

Inversion fallacy.
James___ wrote:
I'm not a capitalist either but people do need to be Republican or Marxist, right?

False equivalence fallacy. Economic structures are not political structures.

There is capitalism, and there is Marxism, which argues socialism as an economic system. There is no other system in the world today. Since you openly state you are not a capitalist, you there state that you are a socialist. That's Marxism, dude.

Republicans by and large are capitalists. There are a few exceptions (such as RINOs).
All conservatives are capitalists, since they do not condone government control of the economy.
James___ wrote:
And no, I'm not a Democrat either.

Okay. But instead of saying you are not, why not state what party you DO belong to?
Perhaps the Discordian Party?


The Parrot Killer
01-06-2019 05:48
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(807)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:


I never felt inclined to visit California, and I lived on the west coast. Not really fair to compare the rest of the United States, to California, they don't really belong anymore...



California would actually do better if it weren't a part of the US. California contributes more than it's fair share to the US. What you might have missed is that 1 out of every 5 Americans lives in 1 of 3 metropolitan areas, Los Angeles, New York and Chicago.
All 3 have a greater population that the entire state of Florida. And at the end of the day, these 3 cities probably influence policy in D.C. more than the rest of America.
If you ask me, they should be made special economic zones and use different money. That does seem like an extreme point of view but it would have to do more with national economic policy. Should their wealthy be allowed to make things more expensive for Americans who do not live in mega cities?
Since they have more credit available because land values are higher, this enables them to compete against people who live locally and wish to invest in land/property locally. This in essence will allow such people to control the US.
I've read where 56% of the land in England is owned by a small minority because of their history and economic policy.
And the Los Angeles metropolitan area is what Reagan's "Trickle Down Economics" or colloquially known as Reagonomics is based on.

p.s., possibly why interest rates are kept low. It would hurt the economies of those 3 metropolitan areas before the rest of the U.S.


Wasn't California going bankrupt not too many years ago, and Obama bailout scam saved your backsides? What's the cost of living in California? Seems like a lot of homeless people living there, what's the rent like, for those still able? Which is longer, things that are taxed, or not taxed? What can you do, that you don't pay a fee, fine, or both? Isn't California the violent street crime capital of America?

How come if California is doing so great, why don't they take a few thousand migrants waiting at the border? Isn't California, the only sanctuary state? The border patrol should simply ask them which city they were heading for, if it's a sanctuary city, just put them on a bus. Seems cheaper, and they'll eventually get there anywhere. The money we save on humanitarian aid, could go towards border wall. Wonder if Trump can earmark those Mexico tariffs, to go towards border security...
01-06-2019 08:54
James___
★★★★☆
(1349)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:


I never felt inclined to visit California, and I lived on the west coast. Not really fair to compare the rest of the United States, to California, they don't really belong anymore...



California would actually do better if it weren't a part of the US. California contributes more than it's fair share to the US. What you might have missed is that 1 out of every 5 Americans lives in 1 of 3 metropolitan areas, Los Angeles, New York and Chicago.
All 3 have a greater population that the entire state of Florida. And at the end of the day, these 3 cities probably influence policy in D.C. more than the rest of America.
If you ask me, they should be made special economic zones and use different money. That does seem like an extreme point of view but it would have to do more with national economic policy. Should their wealthy be allowed to make things more expensive for Americans who do not live in mega cities?
Since they have more credit available because land values are higher, this enables them to compete against people who live locally and wish to invest in land/property locally. This in essence will allow such people to control the US.
I've read where 56% of the land in England is owned by a small minority because of their history and economic policy.
And the Los Angeles metropolitan area is what Reagan's "Trickle Down Economics" or colloquially known as Reagonomics is based on.

p.s., possibly why interest rates are kept low. It would hurt the economies of those 3 metropolitan areas before the rest of the U.S.


Wasn't California going bankrupt not too many years ago, and Obama bailout scam saved your backsides? What's the cost of living in California? Seems like a lot of homeless people living there, what's the rent like, for those still able? Which is longer, things that are taxed, or not taxed? What can you do, that you don't pay a fee, fine, or both? Isn't California the violent street crime capital of America?

How come if California is doing so great, why don't they take a few thousand migrants waiting at the border? Isn't California, the only sanctuary state? The border patrol should simply ask them which city they were heading for, if it's a sanctuary city, just put them on a bus. Seems cheaper, and they'll eventually get there anywhere. The money we save on humanitarian aid, could go towards border wall. Wonder if Trump can earmark those Mexico tariffs, to go towards border security...



Doesn't China own the American rare earth mines because we're capitalists? And don't we need those elements for national defense?
Use your logic on this one. Like you said, Americans like cheap goods. And if China provides them, then China is okay. It's funny as hell when Americans support communism. And yet 2 people in here want people to learn about Marxism. China's an example of what it can be. They think things through rather than trying to rationalize them.
Still, I doubt who started this thread is Chinese. Just another person in here with ulterior motives.
01-06-2019 16:43
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(807)
It's not really America's concern what other countries use as a government, long as they aren't a threat to our land or people. It's been mostly the democrats who like to meddle, change, and control other countries. They seem to think that their way, is really best for everyone, and intend to take care of us, whether we want them to or not. Sort of insulting to most, since we are fully capable of taking care of ourselves, we aren't inbred morons (well, most of us). It's okay for people to do things differently. Doubt we will see as much cheap goods coming from China much longer. They need our business, and there are some American goods they desperately need. I don't agree with Trump giving our farmer's billions of dollars, for choosing to grow the wrong crops. They knew about the trade wars, for over a year now, and could have planted other things. Biofuels can be made from most anything, they aren't going to have crops rotting in the ground, if they can't sell to China.

Part of the reason China under sells us, is the cost of labor, and regulations. In America, the democrats want every job to pay the same, provide the same perks and benefits. Accidents happen, regardless of all the safety rules and regulations, but the democrats need to show they care, and keep adding more rules and regulations. Accidents aren't intentional, so rules aren't going to have much effect. Not every job is equal, and silly that they should all pay the same. Past few years, there has been a huge push to raise the federal minimum wage to $15/hour. That's a lot of money for some kid, still living at home with mom and dad, to play with. Doesn't need health insurance, since mom and dad still take care of that. A retirement plan, for a teenager? Why bother going to college, if you are going to earn the same as most everyone else? Where is the incentive to improve yourself, so you can get a better paying job, or even look for one. Why work hard, do quality work, value the job you have, if you can get the same pay and benefits anywhere? Employers should have complete control over wages and benefits. If the employees don't like it, they don't have to stay. Hard for a company to stay in business, when they can't retain or attract employees, they'll provide an appropriate level of compensation, for the work. Most people don't truly enjoy work, too many hours, too little money to spend. Doesn't matter how much you give them, they will always want more, for doing less.
01-06-2019 19:51
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8136)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:


I never felt inclined to visit California, and I lived on the west coast. Not really fair to compare the rest of the United States, to California, they don't really belong anymore...



California would actually do better if it weren't a part of the US. California contributes more than it's fair share to the US. What you might have missed is that 1 out of every 5 Americans lives in 1 of 3 metropolitan areas, Los Angeles, New York and Chicago.
All 3 have a greater population that the entire state of Florida. And at the end of the day, these 3 cities probably influence policy in D.C. more than the rest of America.
If you ask me, they should be made special economic zones and use different money. That does seem like an extreme point of view but it would have to do more with national economic policy. Should their wealthy be allowed to make things more expensive for Americans who do not live in mega cities?
Since they have more credit available because land values are higher, this enables them to compete against people who live locally and wish to invest in land/property locally. This in essence will allow such people to control the US.
I've read where 56% of the land in England is owned by a small minority because of their history and economic policy.
And the Los Angeles metropolitan area is what Reagan's "Trickle Down Economics" or colloquially known as Reagonomics is based on.

p.s., possibly why interest rates are kept low. It would hurt the economies of those 3 metropolitan areas before the rest of the U.S.


Wasn't California going bankrupt not too many years ago, and Obama bailout scam saved your backsides? What's the cost of living in California? Seems like a lot of homeless people living there, what's the rent like, for those still able? Which is longer, things that are taxed, or not taxed? What can you do, that you don't pay a fee, fine, or both? Isn't California the violent street crime capital of America?

How come if California is doing so great, why don't they take a few thousand migrants waiting at the border? Isn't California, the only sanctuary state? The border patrol should simply ask them which city they were heading for, if it's a sanctuary city, just put them on a bus. Seems cheaper, and they'll eventually get there anywhere. The money we save on humanitarian aid, could go towards border wall. Wonder if Trump can earmark those Mexico tariffs, to go towards border security...



Doesn't China own the American rare earth mines because we're capitalists?

No. The U.S. currently isn't mining any rare earths, though we have them.
James___ wrote:
And don't we need those elements for national defense?

We do, but not in raw form.
James___ wrote:
Use your logic on this one.
Okay.
James___ wrote:
Like you said, Americans like cheap goods. And if China provides them, then China is okay.
As far as trade is concerned, that's true. However, China is coming to a point where it can no longer provide those cheap goods, irregardless of Trump.
James___ wrote:
It's funny as hell when Americans support communism.
Trading with another country does no support communism, even if that other country is communist.
James___ wrote:
And yet 2 people in here want people to learn about Marxism.

Because people like you want to embrace it.
James___ wrote:
China's an example of what it can be.
It certainly is.
* starvation
* death
* poor living conditions for most people
* even worse living conditions to come
* ghost cities with no one to live in them
* dissidence rising to crisis levels
* stolen wealth
* inability to flee poor economic conditions
James___ wrote:
They think things through rather than trying to rationalize them.

Void argument fallacy.
James___ wrote:
Still, I doubt who started this thread is Chinese. Just another person in here with ulterior motives.

There goes your paranoia again. Who cares except you?


The Parrot Killer
02-06-2019 01:10
James___
★★★★☆
(1349)
Harvey, you don't make any sense. You seem to be apathetic. Are you on medication? With Isn't, he's lonely.
02-06-2019 01:58
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(807)
James___ wrote:
Harvey, you don't make any sense. You seem to be apathetic. Are you on medication? With Isn't, he's lonely.


Medication, nope, don't use drugs of any kind, well maybe a couple of Tylenol occasionally. Don't hardly drink anymore, maybe 3 or 4, 12 oz beers a year.

Apathetic? I'm not concerned about a scorch earth at all. I am deeply concerned about how my tax dollars are wasted (stolen), and the potential for more of my paycheck taken, for similar mis-use.

Apathetic towards California? Yeah, that's true as well. They have plenty of resources, but fail to manage them, or use them to their best advantage. They would need so much federal disaster relief, if they spent some time and money on the problems the plague them every year. Massive forest fires can be reduced, as with the threats to populated areas, by removing the dead underbrush often, during the less dry periods. They can clear, and keep clear fire breaks, to reduce the spread of wildfires. Homes and business can do the same, and quit planting landscape shrubs that don't hand drought and water restrictions well. After the massive wildfires each year, they usually get that much needed rain, which does soak in to the scorched land too good, so they get flooding, mudslides, landslides... Never understand the logic of build homes on the edge of cliffs, California thing... With all that rain falling, seems odd they can't save it for the drought season they know is going to come in a few months. I use to live in Oregon (just north of California). They went through the same cycles, every year, where our share of problem were more of occasionally, nature happens. Ignorant, is when you don't know any better. Stupid, is when you don't learn from a mistake, and you keep making it, over and over, expecting things to turn out different. There are many examples California could follow, to minimize their problems, but they keep rebuilding, exactly like before. Should I care? They don't, so why should anyone else?
02-06-2019 03:31
James___
★★★★☆
(1349)
You're funny Harvey.




Join the debate I am in China. China is not corrupt like western countries.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
I am currently in China and no one cares about CO2 so why should028-05-2019 15:06
Is climate China's key to global domination?2904-05-2019 02:07
China is building its 4th aircraft carrier for world domination. So why Americans spend101-05-2019 20:43
So what if Democrats spend 500 trillion USD to reduce CO2 while China builds 100 warships030-04-2019 15:37
You will never ever see a single climate school strike in China because030-04-2019 06:17
Articles
Appendix C - China's Environmental Crisis
Appendix A - Tracing China's Climate Policy
Analysis - Explaining China's Climate Policy
The Dependent Variable - How Ambitious Is China's Climate Policy
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact