Remember me
▼ Content

Hybrid aircraft

Hybrid aircraft01-01-2020 22:27
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Drank to much coffee this morning. Does anyone think caffeine is a gateway drug to ETOH, pot, heroin and all points in between?
Anyway ITN, what is you viewpoint on hybrid A/C. I understand the energy density relationship between fuel and batteries but it seems like there is so much energy going to waste in the descent that something could be done to develop that wasted energy.
02-01-2020 09:58
MarcusRProfile picture★☆☆☆☆
(111)
keepit wrote:
Drank to much coffee this morning. Does anyone think caffeine is a gateway drug to ETOH, pot, heroin and all points in between?
Anyway ITN, what is you viewpoint on hybrid A/C. I understand the energy density relationship between fuel and batteries but it seems like there is so much energy going to waste in the descent that something could be done to develop that wasted energy.

https://www.nyteknik.se/artiklar-om/Elflygplan

Still on a basic level for shorter commutes, but Norway plans to have one regular flight in 2023.
02-01-2020 15:49
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
MarcusR wrote:
keepit wrote:

https://www.nyteknik.se/artiklar-om/Elflygplan

Still on a basic level for shorter commutes, but Norway plans to have one regular flight in 2023.

Is this what they're testing in Sweden? That's where they said they're testing that new technology for the Norwegian airlines (I think). https://www.nyteknik.se/ponIltIpIv-1568978389/tekniknyheter/pjf4oj-fdfaab73-5814-4dc7-9d94-474b42a5b19b/alternates/FREE_640/fdfaab73-5814-4dc7-9d94-474b42a5b19b And what about the MR3 that's supposed to go Mach 8? That's the other new technology. Still there are no hypersonic planes today.

Edited on 02-01-2020 15:51
02-01-2020 18:51
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
James,
There's kind of a general rule of thumb.
The higher and the faster, the more it costs in efficiency. That may change in space with no air resistance.
02-01-2020 18:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Marcus,
Thanks for the link but i tried to google it and it came up in a foreign language. Any suggestions. I don't click on links for security purposes.
02-01-2020 19:26
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
Marcus,
Thanks for the link but i tried to google it and it came up in a foreign language. Any suggestions. I don't click on links for security purposes.

If you download the Google Chrome browser, it can translate if you want it to. Ever try reading smp.no without your father? They also have web kameras like this https://www.smp.no/webkamera/2019/07/16/Brosundet-12883770.ece I used to live there. To translate to English, right click and then on the pull down menu select translate. It also works for other languages.
02-01-2020 19:36
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
James,
The higher and the faster, the more it costs in efficiency. That may change in space with no air resistance.

I like this link https://keisan.casio.com/exec/system/1224665242#!.
As atmospheric resistance decreases, so does the angular effect of gravity. Can you imagine that on the surface where gravity's angular potential is the greatest that our atmosphere is at it's warmest. And then if you add the linear potential of 9.8 m/s, how much energy is that in what direction?
It does seem that matter at 9.8 m/s is influenced by it's angular potential as well. And right now I am really angular with you for bringing this subject "uP' where it doesn't belong!!
02-01-2020 20:16
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
James,
I've never heard of the angular potential of gravity.
Re: your opinion that this subject is in the wrong place. It seems to me that it is in the right place in the sense that it concerns fuel efficiency which is important as it pertains to global warming.
02-01-2020 20:31
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
James,
I've never heard of the angular potential of gravity.
Re: your opinion that this subject is in the wrong place. It seems to me that it is in the right place in the sense that it concerns fuel efficiency which is important as it pertains to global warming.

Satellites orbit the earth because?
keepit, it seems everybody misses this. it gets into astrophysics. There's the Moon, the Earth and the Sun.
Even calenders from ancient Egypt suggest a relationship. In Ancient Egypt, they had 2 calenders. One for the Moon and one for the Sun. Both were right.
Edited on 02-01-2020 20:41
02-01-2020 21:29
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
keepit wrote:

It is not wasted energy.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
02-01-2020 21:30
(21588)
keepit wrote:
James,

There is air resistance to get up there, and air resistance to get back down. Further, you have to provide the additional energy to get that high.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
02-01-2020 21:31
(21588)
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:
James,

I like this link https://keisan.casio.com/exec/system/1224665242#!.
As atmospheric resistance decreases, so does the angular effect of gravity.

There is no such thing as 'angular gravity', James. Buzzword fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

02-01-2020 22:36
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
James,
Most people know there is the earth, moon, and the sun, and gravity.
I've just never heard that phrase.
02-01-2020 22:39
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ITN,
I was just pointing out that the potential energy could be stored as battery energy rather than dissipated as thermal energy.
02-01-2020 23:11
(21588)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
I was just pointing out that the potential energy could be stored as battery energy rather than dissipated as thermal energy.

Potential has no temperature. Batteries are not energy. There is no such thing as 'battery energy'. Buzzword fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 02-01-2020 23:12
02-01-2020 23:15
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ITN,
Do you understand the concept even if my terminology is different than yours?
Don't get hung up on the semantics of things.
Edited on 02-01-2020 23:16
02-01-2020 23:25
(21588)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
Do you understand the concept even if my terminology is different than yours?
Don't get hung up on the semantics of things.

It is YOU that is hung up on semantics. Inversion fallacy.
I don't speak Liberal. Try English. It works better.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 02-01-2020 23:26
03-01-2020 18:38
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I'm not liberal, i'm independent. You're a puppet.
03-01-2020 18:53
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:
I'm not liberal, i'm independent.

Thanks Takeit. I needed a good chuckle this morning!

In another thread keepit wrote:
Warren Buffett and Jeff Bezos probably wouldn't mind paying their fair share based on net worth. Bill Gates wouldn't either. That's not going to be enough though. Maybe someone would have to give up their corporate jet or their yacht or their $100k Tesla or their million dollar ride in the Space X ship, etc. There are many ways to pay for it

This is a 100% pure blood liberal position.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 03-01-2020 18:54
03-01-2020 18:56
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
GAS,
Think about what you said.
Then realize that being independent means you have opinions that coincide with all political parties. That's what independent means.
Edited on 03-01-2020 18:56
03-01-2020 19:00
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:
GAS,
Then realize that being independent means you have opinions that coincide with all political parties. That's what independent means.

Unfair accusation? Possibly my bad. Can you name one conservative position you hold?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
03-01-2020 19:43
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Gas,
Right to life, gun rights, hard line against terrorists. etc., semi hard line on immigration. I think the repubs are lousy at economics though.
Thanks for asking.
03-01-2020 20:56
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Into the Night wrote: There is no such thing as 'angular gravity', James. Buzzword fallacy.

In response to James' post I had written a response concerning the revised Theory of Relativity, of gravity causing "angled space" instead of "curved space" ... and how that angle was 0.42 radians.

But then my post got deleted without posting ... and I just figured it was a sign from Climate that I was not sufficiently glorifying Greenhouse Effect and that it wasn't meant to be.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Edited on 03-01-2020 20:58
04-01-2020 02:06
(21588)
keepit wrote:
I'm not liberal, i'm independent. You're a puppet.

No, you are a liberal. I know liberals like to lie, and you lie even to yourself.

The Parrot Killer

04-01-2020 02:07
(21588)
keepit wrote:
GAS,

Not possible. You are being irrational.

You are definitely an liberal.

The Parrot Killer

04-01-2020 02:10
(21588)
keepit wrote:
Gas,
Right to life,

You have not yet stated your position on this.
keepit wrote:
gun rights,

You advocate suspending the 2nd amendment and placing the Supreme Court authority OVER the Constitution of the United States, liar.
keepit wrote:
hard line against terrorists.

You called Trumpss actions 'racist', liar.
keepit wrote:
etc., semi hard line on immigration.

You called Trump's actions on this 'racist' also, liar.
keepit wrote:
I think the repubs are lousy at economics though.

Typical liberal statement.
keepit wrote:
Thanks for asking.

You're a liberal.

The Parrot Killer

04-01-2020 05:55
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
You called Trump's actions on this 'racist' ...
What do you call it when you discriminate against a religion ITN? I know it's not "racist". You're so good at defining words help me out. Trump called for a ban on Muslims so that makes him what? A religionist?

I think the word is bigot but maybe there is a better one. Let me check.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/bigot?s=t

noun
a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

Yeah I think it's bigot.

So yeah it's pretty unfair to call Trump a racist when he's a bigot. Get the terminology right keepit! geeze

Also "Mexican" isn't a race so the whole Mexican's are rapist and bad hombre's would also fit bigot better.
04-01-2020 05:59
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I didn't call trump anything. ITN's making stuff up about me again. I don't get it.
04-01-2020 06:18
(3979)
keepit wrote:
I didn't call trump anything. ITN's making stuff up about me again. I don't get it.
Maybe he's drunk when he posts on here.
04-01-2020 06:20
(14389)
tmiddles wrote: What do you call it when you discriminate against a religion ITN? I know it's not "racist". You're so good at defining words help me out. Trump called for a ban on Muslims so that makes him what? A religionist?

Oh, pick me! pick me! pick me! I got this one!

Question: What do you call Trump when he calls for a ban on Muslims from particular terrorist havens until they can fix the dire problems with the vetting process?

Answer: A godsend to national security!

tmiddles wrote: Also "Mexican" isn't a race so the whole Mexican's are rapist and bad hombre's would also fit bigot better.

Only if you are intentionally trying to promulgate the lie that Trump said "all Mexicans are rapists" ... which you are.

Trump said that some Mexicans entering the country illegally are rapists.

Question: What do you call someone who says that some Mexicans that enter the US illegally are rapists?

Answer: Someone who is honest enough to tell the truth.

Question: What do you call someone who implies that Trump claimed that all Mexicans are rapists?

Answer: Someone who is not honest enough to tell the truth.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
04-01-2020 06:37
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:...Trump when he calls for a ban on Muslims from particular terrorist havens until they can fix the dire problems with the vetting process...

Hmmm, seems to be a lot of extra words written by you there IBD:
tmiddles wrote:

The whole transcript:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UoQff8MMVM
"I'm Donald Trump and I approve this message.

The politicians can pretend it's something else but Donald Trump calls it radical islamic terrorism.

That's why he's calling for a temporary shut down of Muslim's entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on.

He'll quickly cut the heads off ISIS and take their oil.

And he'll stop illegal imigration by building a wall on our southern border that Mexico will pay for.

We will make america great again."

That's everything exactly as it's said in the 30 second spot.
But yeah any way you slice it it's Trump calling for a ban on a religious group.

IBdaMann wrote:
Trump said that some Mexicans entering the country illegally are rapists.
Let the man speak for himself: "...they're rapists and some I assume are very good people." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TML2cApMueU He also included a lot of other brown people in his list (no white people you'll be relieved to know were identified as a threat).
04-01-2020 06:45
(14389)
tmiddles wrote: Hmmm, seems to be a lot of extra words written by you there IBD:

Hmmm, seems to be a lot of subsequent clarification and specification omitted there tmiddles. It sure seems like you are lying.

The "until we can figure out what's going on" is what you are refusing to be presented as intended during the campaign. You are intentionally distorting the message. That point was clarified beyond kicking the dead horse.

04-01-2020 07:17
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
Hmmm, seems to be a lot of subsequent clarification
Nope that's the entire commercial as Trump aired it. His words not mine.
04-01-2020 07:41
(14389)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Tell me that at some point you learned what "subsequent" means.

04-01-2020 10:32
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:...Trump when he calls for a ban on Muslims from particular terrorist havens until they can fix the dire problems with the vetting process...

Hmmm, seems to be a lot of extra words written by you there IBD:
tmiddles wrote:

The whole transcript:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UoQff8MMVM
"I'm Donald Trump and I approve this message.

The politicians can pretend it's something else but Donald Trump calls it radical islamic terrorism.

That's why he's calling for a temporary shut down of Muslim's entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on.

He'll quickly cut the heads off ISIS and take their oil.

And he'll stop illegal imigration by building a wall on our southern border that Mexico will pay for.

We will make america great again."

That's everything exactly as it's said in the 30 second spot.
But yeah any way you slice it it's Trump calling for a ban on a religious group.

Repetitious distortion and contextomy fallacies. (RDCF).

The Parrot Killer

04-01-2020 10:33
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

RDCF

The Parrot Killer

04-01-2020 13:20
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
Tell me that at some point

Nah

I prefer to allow Trump to speak for himself.

That's his commercial not mine.

Join the debate Hybrid aircraft:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
USS Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier heads home after elevators and catapults fail again003-01-2024 02:33
Hybrid cars vs electric cars6512-09-2019 01:43
China is building its 4th aircraft carrier for world domination. So why Americans spend101-05-2019 20:43
Can we build an efficient hybrid solar-natural gas engine that emits no CO2?305-10-2017 04:36
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact