Remember me
▼ Content

Hurricane season coming. Lockdown end?

Hurricane season coming. Lockdown end?23-04-2020 00:37
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
So the hurricanes are coming in a few weeks. The virus spreading. Looks like people be running around to avoid hurricanes soon and ending lockdown.
23-04-2020 00:47
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Could always just stay in lockdown... The COVID-19 "plague" is much deadlier than a bit of wind, right?
23-04-2020 04:36
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
gfm7175 wrote:
Could always just stay in lockdown... The COVID-19 "plague" is much deadlier than a bit of wind, right?

I'd rather catch a cold, than ride out a hurricane in a mobile home, or even a wood frame house. Lot of people evacuate. Regardless of the structure, those living on the coast, where a hurricane is forecast to make landfall, will typically evacuate, since storm surge, and flooding is likely.

It should be kind of amusing to see how it goes, when a storm approaches this year, considering how they do shopping these days. People get into a panic, mostly because the media hypes it, and stores are packed with preppers, clearing shelves in hours. Just not the toilet paper isle...

I'm pretty sure that covid-19 will take a backseat, if a storm is coming. The virus is only really deadly to a small percentage of the population. We survive hurricanes, because we know what needs to be done, and when. Fortunately, my home is basically storm-proof. Built in 1946, and only minor cosmetic damage, these past 30 years.
23-04-2020 11:51
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Where I live we have had no new cases for a few days and things are starting to go back to normal.The borders are still locked and travel restrictions will still apply but children can return to school and elective surgery is happening again.Bonus of living in the most isolated place in the world.I am curious about Hurricanes they must be like the Cyclones we get in the North.Apparently they will be worse because we have turned the planets thermostat up.Watch the Warmazombies go to town on this
23-04-2020 18:02
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
HarveyH55 wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

I'd rather catch a cold, than ride out a hurricane in a mobile home, or even a wood frame house. Lot of people evacuate. Regardless of the structure, those living on the coast, where a hurricane is forecast to make landfall, will typically evacuate, since storm surge, and flooding is likely.

It should be kind of amusing to see how it goes, when a storm approaches this year, considering how they do shopping these days. People get into a panic, mostly because the media hypes it, and stores are packed with preppers, clearing shelves in hours. Just not the toilet paper isle...

I'm pretty sure that covid-19 will take a backseat, if a storm is coming. The virus is only really deadly to a small percentage of the population. We survive hurricanes, because we know what needs to be done, and when. Fortunately, my home is basically storm-proof. Built in 1946, and only minor cosmetic damage, these past 30 years.

That all sounds rather reasonable to me.
23-04-2020 19:37
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
I saw some video at work today, from an Atlanta night club that just re-opened. Man... Would have ask for a copy, but it was the ladies sister. Well blessed in the chest, and very little covering. One of them, I don't think she could have danced, an not had the escape. Just a thin strip of material over the nipples.

All we've got, are a few beaches opening up. No swimming, social distancing, no groups larger than 5. Only a couple beaches, are allowing people to sunbath.

Join the debate Hurricane season coming. Lockdown end?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Jimmy Hoffa's body may be located which will mean the end of World Hunger and climate change both001-11-2023 20:25
Climate Change Hurricane Idalia1803-09-2023 13:58
Only New Central Bank Type Appear Can End Global Currency War325-07-2023 22:50
The Ukraine War Will End Immediately If The USA Receive The Benefits They Looking For015-07-2023 09:03
Make A Donation If You Want To Have A Hint Of How The Current World Conflicts End113-07-2023 20:47
Articles
Al Gore: Hurricane Katrina and Global Warming
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact