Remember me
▼ Content

Humans are part of nature. Everything humans do is God's will.


Humans are part of nature. Everything humans do is God's will.21-09-2016 17:13
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1069)
Humans are created by God. If humans burn and release CO2 into the air, it is God's will. If humans pack CO2 into rockets and shoot them into space, it is God's will. It is God's will to restore CO2 back to 500 ppm. How can you argue with God?
Edited on 21-09-2016 17:13
21-09-2016 17:23
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
If I kill you, it was God's will. Indisputable proof!
21-09-2016 17:27
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1069)
jwoodward48 wrote:
If I kill you, it was God's will. Indisputable proof!


A coward like you can never murder anyone.

Edited on 21-09-2016 17:27
21-09-2016 18:12
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
Evasion. Insult. Try again.
21-09-2016 19:03
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
The theological concept of evil is a bit more complicated than you make it out to be. This is the crucial Problem of Evil - if God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-good, then how does evil exist? He has to know of it, he has to be able to stop it, but he doesn't - doesn't that make him implicit in the evil that he allows to happen?

Your argument would either make God an evil tyrant or get rid of the concept of morality, neither of which is acceptable to most people. Of course, around these parts, the biggest flaw in your argument is that it is religious.
21-09-2016 19:26
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1069)
jwoodward48 wrote:
The theological concept of evil is a bit more complicated than you make it out to be. This is the crucial Problem of Evil - if God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-good, then how does evil exist? He has to know of it, he has to be able to stop it, but he doesn't - doesn't that make him implicit in the evil that he allows to happen?

Your argument would either make God an evil tyrant or get rid of the concept of morality, neither of which is acceptable to most people. Of course, around these parts, the biggest flaw in your argument is that it is religious.


Good and evil are meaningless. God creates life. God takes away life. What is good? What is evil? That is not something for humans to decide.
Edited on 21-09-2016 19:26
21-09-2016 19:30
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
If I kill you, that's not God doing that. And besides, with no God, morality is defined only by people. It's subjective, and that's fine.
21-09-2016 20:08
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1295)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
jwoodward48 wrote:
The theological concept of evil is a bit more complicated than you make it out to be. This is the crucial Problem of Evil - if God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-good, then how does evil exist? He has to know of it, he has to be able to stop it, but he doesn't - doesn't that make him implicit in the evil that he allows to happen?

Your argument would either make God an evil tyrant or get rid of the concept of morality, neither of which is acceptable to most people. Of course, around these parts, the biggest flaw in your argument is that it is religious.


Good and evil are meaningless. God creates life. God takes away life. What is good? What is evil? That is not something for humans to decide.


This is why I am an atheist.
21-09-2016 20:15
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
For me, that's just a part of being an atheist - I'm atheist because I have no data or evidence for God, just like Russell's Teapot.
23-09-2016 04:36
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1069)
jwoodward48 wrote:
For me, that's just a part of being an atheist - I'm atheist because I have no data or evidence for God, just like Russell's Teapot.


No evidence of God? Are you saying all these physical constants came from nowhere? Are you saying all these element mathematical properties like the Pythagorean theorem and the binomial theorem and Pascal's triangle came from nowhere? Is this a joke?
23-09-2016 05:08
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
How is the existence of order necessarily evidence of God? Order arises on its own. Mathematics is beautiful, I agree, but it is that way because it underlies reality. Pinecones follow the Fibonacci sequence - why wouldn't human brains see mathematics as natural and beautiful? They are both order that has "evolved" from disorder.
23-09-2016 11:44
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1295)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
jwoodward48 wrote:
For me, that's just a part of being an atheist - I'm atheist because I have no data or evidence for God, just like Russell's Teapot.


No evidence of God? Are you saying all these physical constants came from nowhere? Are you saying all these element mathematical properties like the Pythagorean theorem and the binomial theorem and Pascal's triangle came from nowhere? Is this a joke?


How is any of that evidence for any particular god?

Why not Odin? If you can answer this you will have done something nobody else has ever done.
23-09-2016 12:51
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(4910)
Tim the plumber wrote:This is why I am an atheist.

You are ashamed of your climate lemming faith and embarrassed by your lack of any "climate" science.

That is why you claim to be an atheist.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-09-2016 14:24
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
Oh, come on, IB, let us have one discussion without constantly spewing your emotional abuse and intolerance. Just one?
23-09-2016 20:04
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9575)
jwoodward48 wrote:
Oh, come on, IB, let us have one discussion without constantly spewing your emotional abuse and intolerance. Just one?



Waaaaaaaahhh!!!


The Parrot Killer
23-09-2016 20:29
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
"Doesn't like being abused" = "is a baby"

The more you know...
23-09-2016 21:21
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(4910)
jwoodward48 wrote:Oh, come on, IB, let us have one discussion without constantly spewing your emotional abuse and intolerance. Just one?

Is that your admission that we are talking about your religion and not talking about any kind of science?

Your words are not applicable to someone questioning science. They only reflect the feelings of someone who is personally hurt by their religion being attacked.

You keep coming so close to just admitting that your religion is a religion, even to blaming me of "intolerance." Obviously "intolerance" does not apply to someone questioning/doubting some theory. It only applies when someone's personal faith is not coddled.

Come on, just admit it. You'll feel better. Trust me.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-09-2016 21:28
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
I... no! No, it is not a religion! Intolerance is the "unwillingness to accept views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own." That includes ideological differences.
24-09-2016 04:23
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
Was the above post characteristic of most of my posts? I'm ashamed. Quoting the dictionary isn't a rebuttal of any sort.




Join the debate Humans are part of nature. Everything humans do is God's will.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
are there still people that believe humans are casuing global warming?014-10-2019 21:09
Air CO2 capture is corruption on the part of Democrats031-05-2019 03:32
First, it's CO2. Now it's wind turbines and batteries. Humans are the problem.317-05-2019 20:06
The Solution 1st part1209-04-2019 18:39
Humans have derailed the Earth's climate in just 160 years. Here's how028-03-2019 01:00
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact