Remember me
▼ Content

hudson bay sea ice

hudson bay sea ice30-06-2020 14:14
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
2019-2020 have been recording huge ice formation and over 1.2 thick both years so its polar bear party time.How do the we are warming and screwed people deal with that small issue?I learned today as well that most of the permanent ice in Antartica is above 1000 metres sea level and the temperature is never under -20 and the station is US and manned year round.Ice will not become water until 0.0C so there goes the sea level issue.

duncan61
30-06-2020 19:12
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
duncan61 wrote:
2019-2020 have been recording huge ice formation and over 1.2 thick both years so its polar bear party time.How do the we are warming and screwed people deal with that small issue?I learned today as well that most of the permanent ice in Antartica is above 1000 metres sea level and the temperature is never under -20 and the station is US and manned year round.Ice will not become water until 0.0C so there goes the sea level issue.

Most of the arctic ice they squawking about, is floating over sea water. Melted, or frozen, it's not going to effect sea levels, since it's already part of the sea...
30-06-2020 19:55
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:

The 6.1 quake back in 2009 might've closed a vent, maybe? There does seem to be about a 10 year lag between a 6.0 magnitude earthquake and a change in surface water temperature.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/#%7B%22autoUpdate%22%3A%5B%5D%2C%22basemap%22%3A%22grayscale%22%2C%22feed%22%3A%221593535982388%22%2C%22listFormat%22%3A%22default%22%2C%22mapposition%22%3A%5B%5B-18.646245142670598%2C-208.65234374999997%5D%2C%5B79.99716840285255%2C72.59765625%5D%5D%2C%22overlays%22%3A%5B%22plates%22%5D%2C%22restrictListToMap%22%3A%5B%22restrictListToMap%22%5D%2C%22search%22%3A%7B%22id%22%3A%221593535982388%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Search%20Results%22%2C%22isSearch%22%3Atrue%2C%22params%22%3A%7B%22starttime%22%3A%222000-06-23%2000%3A00%3A00%22%2C%22endtime%22%3A%222010-06-30%2023%3A59%3A59%22%2C%22maxlatitude%22%3A76.465%2C%22minlatitude%22%3A51.915%2C%22maxlongitude%22%3A-36.563%2C%22minlongitude%22%3A-116.719%2C%22minmagnitude%22%3A4.5%2C%22orderby%22%3A%22time%22%7D%7D%2C%22sort%22%3A%22newest%22%2C%22timezone%22%3A%22utc%22%2C%22viewModes%22%3A%5B%22list%22%2C%22map%22%5D%2C%22event%22%3A%22usp000gz0t%22%7D
30-06-2020 19:58
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And this explains how Arctic waters flow through Baffin Bay into Hudson Bay. It's a link to a book. The start of th paragraph is actually 2 pages earlier which means scrolling up.

https://books.google.com/books?id=-uhTulqFRIgC&pg=PA837&lpg=PA837&dq=does+water+from+Baffin+Bay+flow+into+Hudson+Bay&source=bl&ots=17-RQNp4Gt&sig=ACfU3U1Hkx-Rw9aWANzLtyedTB2LcRTxUg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiZ3vH1gKrqAhVIbs0KHbElCKsQ6AEwC3oECAwQAQ#v=onepage&q=does%20water%20from%20Baffin%20Bay%20flow%20into%20Hudson%20Bay&f=false
Edited on 30-06-2020 19:59
30-06-2020 20:40
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)
James___ wrote:
And this explains how Arctic waters flow through Baffin Bay into Hudson Bay. It's a link to a book. The start of th paragraph is actually 2 pages earlier which means scrolling up.

I like the section that talked about the Baffin currants in the Baffin bay.
Attached image:

30-06-2020 21:36
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1029)
I think the best proof of the sea level rising hoax is that none of the coastal cities are flooded now. Places like Yakarta sink because of excessive ground water pumping not because of global warming. I have to admit that I fell for this hoax not so long ago when I tought that buying real estate near the coastal area would be a big mistake in the long run but now I know that the sea level is not going to rise.
30-06-2020 23:01
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
duncan61 wrote:

The highest temperature ever recorded at the US south polar stations is -12.3 deg C, or about 10 deg F. That was in 2011.

The winter ice extent, measured each year for each pole, is a satellite picture composite of the ice cap (taken over several orbital passes). This is the maximum extent noted for that winter at that pole.

In 2014, the Antarctic winter ice extend was the largest ever recorded. Since then, of course, it's less, but the last couple of years show it increasing.

So much for polar ice melting.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
30-06-2020 23:02
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Most of the arctic ice they squawking about, is floating over sea water. Melted, or frozen, it's not going to effect sea levels, since it's already part of the sea...

Also true. It's not melting, either.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
30-06-2020 23:05
(21559)
Xadoman wrote:
I think the best proof of the sea level rising hoax is that none of the coastal cities are flooded now. Places like Yakarta sink because of excessive ground water pumping not because of global warming. I have to admit that I fell for this hoax not so long ago when I tought that buying real estate near the coastal area would be a big mistake in the long run but now I know that the sea level is not going to rise.

Just don't buy it in Yakarta!

Gotta watch those river delta areas too. Even living on a river can be a bit dicey, since rivers can and do change course from time to time...sometimes dramatically.

The Parrot Killer

01-07-2020 03:54
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Where are the pro AGW/CC team on this one??
01-07-2020 05:11
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
Where are the pro AGW/CC team on this one??

Let's see. The earthquake was caused because of glacial melt and tectonic plate uplifting. And a depleted ozone layer which is AGW might've been a factor. Feel better?
Edited on 01-07-2020 05:13
01-07-2020 05:14
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)
duncan61 wrote: Where are the pro AGW/CC team on this one??

The Church of Global Warming is waning. Black Lives Matter is growing in its place. Instead of physics being rewritten, now history and the law are being rewritten. They couldn't destroy the global economy through religion so now they are going to try to destroy it through hoaxes and terrorism.

Imagine my chagrin when I learned that the English Premier league has allied itself to Black Lives Matter. They have removed all the last names of all the players from all the jerseys and replaced their last names with "Black Lives Matter" and they made a policy change that encourages players to kneel during any national anthem or at any time they feel the injustice of persecution, even if it's during a game.

The English Premiere League succumbs to terrorist demands. I will not be watching this season.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-07-2020 07:38
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

The Church of Global Warming is waning. Black Lives Matter is growing in its place. Instead of physics being rewritten, now history and the law are being rewritten. They couldn't destroy the global economy through religion so now they are going to try to destroy it through hoaxes and terrorism.

Imagine my chagrin when I learned that the English Premier league has allied itself to Black Lives Matter. They have removed all the last names of all the players from all the jerseys and replaced their last names with "Black Lives Matter" and they made a policy change that encourages players to kneel during any national anthem or at any time they feel the injustice of persecution, even if it's during a game.

The English Premiere League succumbs to terrorist demands. I will not be watching this season.

It's possible that if things work out for me I'll see about moving to Australia. The problem with the US is that in a country of over 340 million people, too many want to be noticed just because the US is the richest and most powerful country in the world.
I think about 1 out of every 7 people in the US is from another country. In 2017 it was 13.7% of the population was foreign born. And this isn't about low paying jobs that migrant workers do. Good paying jobs are lost to people from other countries. You know, jobs that might pay 70K a year or more.
In some ways I think it's about being served. I'm a disabled Veteran and have heard often enough that people want their ego stroked.
01-07-2020 16:30
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And since my dad was a foreign born national, he only came here because he had a kid with a woman from Berea, Ky. And they met in Texas. Why does this matter? I wanted to go to college and get a degree but was discouraged. That kind of makes me wonder how many Americans are denied opportunity because as Major League Baseball says, it's cheaper to promote people from Central and South America than the US.
And people who work together usually find a way to get along with each other. People like making money. Kind of another reason why we need to lower the trade deficit. That only exports money and jobs.
01-07-2020 17:55
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:

Yup. Same goes for the NBA, NFL, and Noosecar.

I'm sure you saw the Bubba Wallace story, right?? Apparently a loop knot has now been redefined as a "noose" hahahahahahahahahaha
01-07-2020 20:34
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I'm sure you saw the Bubba Wallace story, right?? Apparently a loop knot has now been redefined as a "noose" hahahahahahahahahaha

I'll be boycotting all political sports. I usually tune in, only because I get seeing all the other democrat destroyed other programming. Politics have no place in sports.
01-07-2020 22:12
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
HarveyH55 wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I'll be boycotting all political sports. I usually tune in, only because I get seeing all the other democrat destroyed other programming. Politics have no place in sports.

Yup, the list of programming that I have tuned out of has grown quite lengthy... It doesn't help that I've already had other issues with the NBA and NFL, but now I'm done tuning into them. I stopped tuning into Noosecar a long time ago because I find it to be rather boring. I liked the NBA in the "older days", and even through the 2000s, but since then I haven't tuned in. The NFL I liked in the "older days", and even through the 2000s. Since then, I lost interest yet would still tune in from time to time. Not anymore.

I do not watch any awards shows either (Grammys, Oscars, etc.) ... I don't watch most any TV anymore due to how propagandized it is. On the night of Trump's first rally since the coronahoax, I put his rally on TV since there was nothing better on. That rally was quite entertaining to watch.
Edited on 01-07-2020 22:15

Join the debate hudson bay sea ice:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The new President elect of Haagen Dazs, demonstrating an ice cream filled donut017-11-2023 14:07
FASTER GLACIER MELTING MECHANISM COULD CAUSE HUGE SEA LEVEL RISES420-05-2023 19:54
Rip current in the Caspian Sea024-08-2022 11:59
Satellite Measurements-- Sea Level Rise7124-08-2022 01:36
Co2 ice samples1102-06-2022 22:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact