Remember me
▼ Content

How to create a hypothesis for Global Climate Change?

Page 2 of 2<12
11-02-2020 17:19
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:
...deleted Mantras...23...10(season<->temperature)...29...8...fallacy fallacy....25...25...23...25...23...23...Regular folks in dry clothes all have the consistent temperature of their own body so they really do have a frame of reference similar to using absolute temperature.
...deleted Mantras 23...25...25a...4...25...12...10 (mean<->mean mean)...

You really should walk around in Las Vegas sometime during winter. You'll see some people dressed up in parkas and others in Hawaiian shirts at the same time, and both wondering how the other can stand it!

People suck at estimating absolute temperatures.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 11-02-2020 17:21
11-02-2020 17:59
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
...deleted Mantras...23...10(season<->temperature)...29...8...fallacy fallacy....25...25...23...25...23...23...Regular folks in dry clothes all have the consistent temperature of their own body so they really do have a frame of reference similar to using absolute temperature.

You really should walk around in Las Vegas sometime during winter. You'll see some people dressed up in parkas and others in Hawaiian shirts at the same time, and both wondering how the other can stand it!

Yup. My co-worker's son (who works on airplanes and is currently an on-board aircraft mechanic, who grew up in Wisconsin, was from Alaska at the time, and is now from Michigan) was down in Texas at one point when the temperature was around maybe the 40s or so there, and the locals must've thought he was crazy because he was wearing a t-shirt while they all had heavy coats on.
12-02-2020 04:16
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:You insist that humans can easily know by "feeling" when a temperature has shifted ten degrees.

False, I said a human can distinguish between two ambient temperatures 10 degrees apart. You have again put a meaning in to dodge responding to my premise.

So do you agree or not?

Your scenario has nothing to do with anything I've ever said and I have no interest in discussing it as neither of us find it credible.

IBdaMann wrote:A human can walk into various rooms of different temperatures and not be able to tell you which two are ten degrees different.
Again the pretense that it's about getting an exact 10.0000 degree difference. It is not.

Also humans always have human body temperature, which is remarkably consistent, as a benchmark.

But I have you correctly on the record as claiming humans cannot distinguish between two temperatures that are 10 degrees apart?

What gap would you say then? 50 degrees?

You dodged my question about how much you could change the thermostat in the office with no one noticing. I'm saying you're caught after 3 degrees.
Edited on 12-02-2020 04:59
12-02-2020 05:27
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:You insist that humans can easily know by "feeling" when a temperature has shifted ten degrees.

False, I said a human can distinguish between two ambient temperatures 10 degrees apart. You have again put a meaning in to dodge responding to my premise.

False. This is historical revisionism on your part.

IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:...humans cannot know by "feeling" when a temperature has shifted by ten degrees...

And would you also, in assesing the general feelings of humans, agree that most people would think you're wrong about that?

[temperature Russian roulette deleted]

Ah! I believe you loving calling out this "changing of the goal posts".

Nope. I do not call backpedaling on your part as goalpost shifting on my part.

I claimed that humans cannot know by "feeling" when a temperature has shifted by ten degrees.

You insist that humans can easily know by "feeling" when a temperature has shifted ten degrees.

You insist that humans are awesome gauges of absolute temperature while backpedaling at the mention of my test.

I think we're done on this one. You had a chance to bow out gracefully and you blew it.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
12-02-2020 05:31
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
I think we're done on this one.
Run run run Dodge-areeno

I'm saying your premise that human technology can't distinguish temperature changes of several degrees, in real weather conditions, is laughable since humans are able to do that.

You claims that nothing can be known are easily checked against what we are all able to easily determine just being alive.
12-02-2020 05:34
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Run run run Dodge-areeno

This is called a Subduction Zone #2.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
12-02-2020 06:04
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
This is called

its just you dodging out of another debate IBD.

What temperature changes are humans capable of detecting IBD?

Are you going to tell us we humans cant tell what temperature it is even to within 50F?

Come on IBD how accurate is the average person.
12-02-2020 16:59
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
This is called

its just you dodging out of another debate IBD.

What temperature changes are humans capable of detecting IBD?

Are you going to tell us we humans cant tell what temperature it is even to within 50F?

Come on IBD how accurate is the average person.

Already addressed. Why are you running away from IBD's example?
12-02-2020 18:03
(21588)
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Yup. My co-worker's son (who works on airplanes and is currently an on-board aircraft mechanic, who grew up in Wisconsin, was from Alaska at the time, and is now from Michigan) was down in Texas at one point when the temperature was around maybe the 40s or so there, and the locals must've thought he was crazy because he was wearing a t-shirt while they all had heavy coats on.
Sure depends on what you're used to, doesn't it?

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
12-02-2020 18:10
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:

...deleted Mantras 21...24...16...21...30...23...16...25...10 (season<->temperature)...25a...27...29...29...16...25...31...34...

No argument presented. RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

12-02-2020 18:13
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

...deleted Mantras 7...31...30...16...25a...

No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

12-02-2020 18:19
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
This is called

its just you dodging out of another debate IBD. ...deleted Mantras 29...25a...25...25...29...

Mantra 17, 7. No, he is correct. It was also called a Subduction Zone #2 or SZ2. I have the list, he is correct.

The Parrot Killer

13-02-2020 00:07
(3979)
gfm7175 wrote:
No it wasn't.

IBD's example is stupid we all agree on that. I don't think a human can detect minute temperature changes, neither does he and neither do you.

Why are you afraid to concede that a human can detect a 10 degree temperature difference gfm?

You lack that much confidence in your position?
13-02-2020 00:16
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
No it wasn't.

Yes it was.

tmiddles wrote:
IBD's example is stupid we all agree on that.

You don't get to speak for anyone else but yourself. As for myself, I thought it was a good example.

tmiddles wrote:
I don't think a human can detect minute temperature changes, neither does he and neither do you.

Why are you afraid to concede that a human can detect a 10 degree temperature difference gfm?

Because humans are not very good with absolute temperatures, as has already been demonstrated.

tmiddles wrote:
You lack that much confidence in your position?

The one lacking confidence is you. You are the one ignoring IBD's example.
13-02-2020 00:20
(3979)
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
No it wasn't.

Yes it was.
Prove it.

gfm7175 wrote:I thought it was a good example.
You think a human can detect an 0.05 degree temperature change?

gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Because humans are not very good with absolute temperatures, as has already been demonstrated.
So how large a temperature difference would be needed for the average human to detect it? 50 degrees?

gfm7175 wrote: You are the one ignoring IBD's example.
Not at all I agree completely that a human cannot detect an 0.05 degree temperature change. That's way too small.
13-02-2020 00:53
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
No it wasn't.

Yes it was.
Prove it.

I don't waste my time digging into past posts for people like you to just deny what was presented right in front of their face. People wanting to verify can look through past posts and find it.

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:I thought it was a good example.
You think a human can detect an 0.05 degree temperature change?

Not what is being asked.

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

So how large a temperature difference would be needed for the average human to detect it? 50 degrees?

You're switching back over to relative terms again (temperature differentials)... If I am standing inside of my house (it is 70degF where I am standing) and I then step outside (it is 20degF where I step outside), yes, I can detect that it is colder outside than it is inside. However, if I had to guess at what precise moment that the inside temperature changed from 70degF to 60degF (absolute terms), I wouldn't have a clue. This, of course, has already been explained to you.

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: You are the one ignoring IBD's example.
Not at all I agree completely that a human cannot detect an 0.05 degree temperature change. That's way too small.

Not what is being asked.
13-02-2020 01:01
(3979)
gfm7175 wrote:
I don't waste my time
OK I call BS. Use whatever excuse you want for surrender.

gfm7175 wrote:If I am standing inside of my house (it is 70degF where I am standing) and I then step outside (it is 20degF where I step outside), yes, I can detect that it
So you're only going with a 50 degree difference? Not less?

You're aware your body temperature is very constant right? So you always have that as a reference.
Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate How to create a hypothesis for Global Climate Change?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Magma vortex hypothesis about earthquakes3716-08-2023 14:54
Everybody, Any Entity Can Create New Money Currency, It Is About How To Persuade The Users113-08-2022 23:34
"Trump won in a landslide" - A Falsifiable Hypothesis2613-05-2022 01:32
How Did TrueCompanion Create a New Thread/Post in a Closed Forum?326-08-2021 00:43
Many worlds hypothesis2011-03-2021 21:26
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact