How the Jet Stream Influences the Weather

Page 2 of 2<12
21-11-2020 17:36
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
@Spongy, this fireball (meteor) might've been from the taurid meteor shower. It's in black and white but the meteor was green meaning that magnesium was burning.

https://www.space.com/bright-meteor-video-tasman-sea-november-2020.html

I thought the Taurids were done by Nov 18...

This doesn't look like the Leonid meteor I saw the night of Nov 16 either.

The one from the Space.com video link Nov 18 is not moving across the sky as fast as what I saw Nov 16. Although it sure looks a lot brighter and closer to the earth.

So you did see some of the Taurid meteor shower? Unfortunately I didn't have much of an opportunity to watch for them or the Leonid shower. When I saw the ISS, I was lucky that when I went out at 3am that it was readily visible.
That's where with the link I posted, wasn't sure but Taurids were also described as fireballs.
21-11-2020 17:44
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
I've watch quite a few meteor showers over the years. Not each, and every one, is exactly the same as the last one. They don't all follow the same exact path. You look in the general direction, and hope for the best. Brightness and speed, are like a function of the size and composition of the space rock.

I use to be out walking my dog, early morning, before going to work. The local news usually has a story, about each shower, best times to view, and which direction to look.
21-11-2020 17:45
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1639)
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
@Spongy, this fireball (meteor) might've been from the taurid meteor shower. It's in black and white but the meteor was green meaning that magnesium was burning.

The one from the Space.com video link Nov 18 is not moving across the sky as fast as what I saw Nov 16. Although it sure looks a lot brighter and closer to the earth.

So you did see some of the Taurid meteor shower? Unfortunately I didn't have much of an opportunity to watch for them or the Leonid shower. When I saw the ISS, I was lucky that when I went out at 3am that it was readily visible.
That's where with the link I posted, wasn't sure but Taurids were also described as fireballs.

I'm not sure if the meteor I saw ~ 9:50 p.m. PDT on Nov 16, looking up eastward, was part of Taurid or Leonid shower.

I wasn't planning to see it, just got lucky, at right time right place, with my head up.
Edited on 21-11-2020 17:47
22-11-2020 01:31
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:

Maybe you can take a picture?

I'm not sure if the meteor I saw ~ 9:50 p.m. PDT on Nov 16, looking up eastward, was part of Taurid or Leonid shower.

I wasn't planning to see it, just got lucky, at right time right place, with my head up.
Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate How the Jet Stream Influences the Weather:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
weather2727-02-2024 22:55
Breaking News- Please call 843-963-3600, if you have seen our crashed F35 Lego jet219-09-2023 14:52
LOL did you find the missing 80 million dollar jet yet? Or was it transported to the mother ship018-09-2023 22:57
The Kent Papers: NEW THERMODYNAMICS: HOW MANKIND'S USE OF ENERGY INFLUENCES CLIMATE CHANGE1102-02-2023 22:07
The Weather, Climate Change Are Revealing The Truth Of This Corrupt Society System5010-01-2023 16:48
Articles
Appendix B - Calculating The Economic Costs of Extreme Weather Events
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact