Remember me
▼ Content

How society will positively advance

Page 3 of 3<123
02-05-2020 09:23
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:Distance does not stop a virus.

So if someone is sick, knows they are contagious, but feels strong enough to work, the should just head on into the office right? Since they can just as easily get you sick from their living room?

I believe the semantic shift involved here is that "virus" can mean all of the viruses of that type collectively, i.e. the coronavirus ... or your focus on one specific organism, i.e. one coronaflu virus.

My staying at home does not guarantee you do not get the virus that I contracted. The topic is not whether probability is increased by my going to work; it is whether the probability drops to zero if I don't.

It does not.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-05-2020 10:00
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:The topic is not whether probability is increased by my going to work; it is whether the probability drops to zero if I don't.

Where did you come up with that being the topic?

Asking if anything is 0% or 100% is almost always a waste of everyones time.
02-05-2020 15:20
(14389)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:The topic is not whether probability is increased by my going to work; it is whether the probability drops to zero if I don't.

Where did you come up with that being the topic?

Learn to read.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-05-2020 17:59
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Personal responsibility is about taking care of yourself. Why must healthy people be incarcerated in their homes, to protect other responsible people? We each know the risk level to our health, and the health of the people around us. Wouldn't have been a much cheaper, and effect way to minimize risk, just providing everyone with a thermometer, to check for a fever. If they test higher than normal, they can choose to stay in. Those that feel the risk of ever leaving home, aren't required to risk leaving their sanctuary basements anyway, free to keep hiding, forever. We, the health people are locked in our homes, to protect people, who never leave theirs anyway, just makes no sense to destroy the economy, our country. Historically, we know that these viruses never completely go away. A pandemic only ends, when the majority of the population gains immunity, or dies from the contagion. Staying at home, isn't going to alter the natural progress, just slightly delay the inevitable. A vaccine isn't a miracle, and isn't going to protect many of the people at high-risk, who can receive it, for the same reason they can't afford a respiratory infection. Hiding in your home, should remain a personal choice, which everyone is normally allowed to choose, if they feel safer. Requiring health people to stay home, isn't going to make it any safer for germaphobes, who already stay at home.

Meanwhile, healthy, normal people, are being denied the operatunity to exercise their right to be personally responsible. Those not already blessed with a lifetime guaranteed government income/handout, get to what their savings, their incomes, and everything the work hard to earn. Those who were already in financial distress, will probably never recover. Most people, will get back on track, in a year or so. The longer we a denied the opportunity to responsibly earn an income, the longer it takes to recover, the more people who are going to lose it all. People with nothing left to lose, but their lives, are some of the most dangerous people on the planet. The threat to the germaphobes, who hide safely in their homes most of time, are going to find that they have a much greater, deadlier threat to face. Sure, most of that threat can be repelled with lead, but if you don't have the mental capacity to leave your home, you probably don't have the testicles to pull the trigger.
04-05-2020 07:19
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:Distance does not stop a virus.

So if someone is sick, knows they are contagious, but feels strong enough to work, the should just head on into the office right? Since they can just as easily get you sick from their living room?

I believe the semantic shift involved here is that "virus" can mean all of the viruses of that type collectively, i.e. the coronavirus ... or your focus on one specific organism, i.e. one coronaflu virus.

My staying at home does not guarantee you do not get the virus that I contracted. The topic is not whether probability is increased by my going to work; it is whether the probability drops to zero if I don't.

It does not.

This is why they shut down the economy. If you have the virus and stay home, common sense you will not give it to someone else. Instead, if someone else has it and does not stay home, can they spread it?
That's an I don't give a fück attitude and if you get sick, most likely will be the first one to complain.
This goes back to if you are crossing the street in Minnesota and someone runs you over and kills you, is there a problem? There isn't. It's not up to a motorist to see a pedestrian. They might find adjusting the volume on their radio more important than your life. If so, the only problem is, who's going to pay to fix their car? That's the real issue. Would you want to drive a car around damaged because someone was walking on the same road you were driving on?
How could they do that to you? And it's just like if you give someone coronavirus, not your problem if you survive and they don't. That's all you're saying.
Edited on 04-05-2020 07:20
04-05-2020 09:00
(14389)
James___ wrote:This is why they shut down the economy.

Nope. The economy was shut down in order to perpetrate Hoax #3.

James___ wrote: That's an I don't give a fück attitude and if you get sick, most likely will be the first one to complain.

I actively tried to get it. My problem was that the coronapocalypse depicted in the media is a hoax. Virtually nobody has it, and most of those that do don't even have any symptoms because it is extremely mild. The very few that have symptoms experience a light bout of the flu.

Our medical community, however, has been pressured to list all deaths as COVID-19 deaths, despite COVID-19 not being the cause. It's their hand in abetting the hoax.

So no, I would not have complained had I gotten it because:
1) I actively tried to get it, and
2) I probably wouldn't have even shown any symptoms.

Thereafter, I would be just that more immune to viruses.

HOWEVER ... don't think I didn't catch the irony that it is you who is implying that I would somehow whine and complain. Well done! I should create an award for that.

I'll get to it later.

04-05-2020 10:59
(5196)
How it's suppose to work, is that you stay home, when you are sick. That's why most places have paid sick leave. Those that are weak, sickly, or have a mental illness, stay home, are very careful around other people, so they don't risk the cold or flu getting passed around. The vast majority of people go about their normal, productive lives. If some of catch something, we use are paid leave from work. It's an inconvenience, a nuisance, but 5-7 later, the fever breaks, and we feel fine in a day or two. Though technically, sick people can be infectious for 14 days, in reality, they ain't likely to be spreading any thing, if they aren't coughing, sneezing, or have snot dripping out of their nose. Masks prevent you from coughing and sneezing on other people. Why wear a mask, if you aren't coughing or sneezing, or even sick? Why sit at home, depleting your savings, when you aren't sick?

With the beginning of summer, they have no choice but to open everything up, and get people out of their houses. It was already getting close to the rioting and looting stage. The slow opening, is still pushing their luck, but most every state will walk through the formalities. Doubtful, many will go backward.

Apparently, about half the reported deaths, were nursing home.assisted living patients. Basically, warehouses for the elderly, and those unable to care for themselves. It is a little disturbing, that there wasn't more control, over people entering those facilities, but how could they deny access to family, the ones paying the bill?

I wonder who James ran over in his car. Seems obsessed with accidents lately, a little guilty, paranoid. Guessing he has a damaged car, but knows getting it repaired, will likely get him busted. Just a matter of time, before someone notices anyway. Some people get away with accidents, but usually not the ones who flee the scene.
04-05-2020 13:22
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
If James drives into you with his 69 Buick GS400 California Special you will notice it.I ran in to the back of a little newish car on the freeway with my 2001 Jeep Cherokee with a steel front bumper with winch mounts and done $1784 worth of damage.I had to flick a small flake of her paint of my bumper.It was my fault as I was moving down the on ramp and seen all the brake lights going on in front and most of the time that just happens but this time the traffic came to a complete stop and I was going faster than normal as I had cars up behind me and a heavy trailer on.It happens
06-05-2020 02:53
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:This is why they shut down the economy.

Nope. The economy was shut down in order to perpetrate Hoax #3.

You see Nancy Pelosi (who, according to IBD is one of the most powerful beings ever to walk the Earth) has colluded with the nation of Italy, Boris Johnson, and also nearly everybody (republicans and Trump himself too), to shut the economies of the world down. The cost looks to be in the Trillions but, according to IBD it's all worth it for this all powerful coalition.

The defeat of TRUMP! The ONLY topic in news.

IBdaMann wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Hoax #1: Russian colllllluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusion!
Hoax #2: Impreach the President for doing his job
Hoax #3: The Zombie Coronapocalypse is Trump's Fault!

... what will be Hoax #4?

I have the answer to my own question: Hoax #4 will be a creative blend of all of the above, courtesy of the House Oversight Committee:

Hoax #4: Impeach the President based on the findings in a special report on Trump's coronaflu colllllluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusion!

It is worthy of INFOWARS
Edited on 06-05-2020 02:56
06-05-2020 04:52
(5196)
Actually, it's a United Nations scheme, just like climate change. and terrorism. It's really a test of faith, to see how many countries, the actually control. The UN, IPCC tells use that deadly CO2 pollution is going to kill all life on the planet, unless we unquestionably follow their guidelines. They, of course are the source of all the damaging hockey-stick graphs, that prove, without a doubt (there's a consensus). The UN, WHO tells us it's a pandemic, and could be a bioweapon released from a Wuhan lab. we don't know how bad, but people in China are dying by the thousands, every day. Apparently, it's a relatively mild, respiratory infections, sort of like a common cold, just new to the human species, and democrats. mostly, it's only deadly, for the ancients, the bohemians, and buggerers. Of course, there is no baseline to compare with, so no one actually knows if the guidelines the Un hands down, had any effect at all, or if nature is just taking it's course. Comes down to faith, the UN, of course wouldn't lie to us, or create crisis, to justify a need for continued funding and support...
Page 3 of 3<123

Join the debate How society will positively advance:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Would You Join A New Secret Society Help Humans Live To At Least 200 Years And More ?203-01-2024 20:18
All Video Games Should Add This New "Happy Ending" Feature Mode For Better Society413-07-2023 19:24
New Unique Vision For A Better Society Model Book Document For Sale117-06-2023 18:05
The Book That Will Stop All War Instantly: New Creation New Society New World By Bodhi Udumbara1006-03-2023 05:33
The Weather, Climate Change Are Revealing The Truth Of This Corrupt Society System5010-01-2023 16:48
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact