Remember me
▼ Content

How is this even true? CO2e is now over 500 ppm this year?

How is this even true? CO2e is now over 500 ppm this year?08-02-2019 02:09
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
According to Table 2, it was 493 ppm in 2017 which means this year it is more a bit more than 500 ppm.

https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/aggi/aggi.html
08-02-2019 02:42
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
According to Table 2, it was 493 ppm in 2017 which means this year it is more a bit more than 500 ppm.

Tables of random numbers don't mean anything.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-02-2019 03:34
still learning
★★☆☆☆
(244)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

The article you linked to does not say that carbon dioxide was at 493 ppm in 2017.
08-02-2019 03:42
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
still learning wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

The article you linked to does not say that carbon dioxide was at 493 ppm in 2017.

It does in Table 2 at the bottom.
08-02-2019 04:00
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
I don't know much about the magic in the NASA satellites, much of which, is probably 'classified' to protect national security concerns. But, CO2 is mobile, it shifts and drifts around, don't think it gets dense, like clouds of water vapor. Really not sure how it's even possible to observe CO2 behavior outside of a laboratory, which makes me a little skeptical of any claims of how it works in our atmosphere. Even 500 ppm, is a very tiny amount of anything. But, even that measure means nothing, since the volume of our atmosphere changes, it expands and contracts. There are variations in pressure, and there ore other components, even CO2, the are constantly added and removed, in varying quantities. Huge margin of error, probably a couple hundred ppm, give or take, to be generous.
08-02-2019 23:42
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't know much about the magic in the NASA satellites, much of which, is probably 'classified' to protect national security concerns. But, CO2 is mobile, it shifts and drifts around, don't think it gets dense, like clouds of water vapor. Really not sure how it's even possible to observe CO2 behavior outside of a laboratory, which makes me a little skeptical of any claims of how it works in our atmosphere. Even 500 ppm, is a very tiny amount of anything. But, even that measure means nothing, since the volume of our atmosphere changes, it expands and contracts. There are variations in pressure, and there ore other components, even CO2, the are constantly added and removed, in varying quantities. Huge margin of error, probably a couple hundred ppm, give or take, to be generous.

Satellites that are used to predict weather and CO2 monitoring satellites are not classified. The only thing secret about them is the access codes used to send updates to the thing.

'Monitoring' CO2 is actually just looking at those bands of light emitted from Earth that are sensitive to CO2 frequencies, and comparing them to bands of lights that are NOT sensitive to CO2 frequencies. It is possible to get a vague picture of CO2 this way, but not a detailed one. Satellites have only a certain field of view, and the intensity of light on the reference frequencies (the non-CO2 absorbing light) varies with the emissivity of the surface that satellite happens to be passing over at the moment.

CO2 moves, the satellite moves, the emissivity of the surface being used as the referenced is unknown.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate How is this even true? CO2e is now over 500 ppm this year?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Happy New Year1203-01-2024 02:16
86 year old Jane Fonda will only date men in their 20's. Whew I'm safe204-12-2023 03:58
The retards at FOX news claim 74 year old rapist teacher faces 600 years behind bars004-08-2023 23:48
17 year old cyclist murdered, do not expect the law to investigate, as the cyclist is always at fault031-07-2023 22:23
LOL, the FBI is still looking for Jimmy Hoffa, as 100,000 Americans die of Fentanyl every year031-07-2023 19:16
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact