Remember me
▼ Content

How is believing CO2 shine IR down like mirrors any different than believing heavier things fall faster

How is believing CO2 shine IR down like mirrors any different than believing heavier things fall faster24-03-2019 15:35
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
than lighter things and believing the world is flat?
24-03-2019 17:53
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
than lighter things and believing the world is flat?

With how say shining like mirrors. That's actually a good description of heat.
When molecules collide, they released conserved (stored) electromagnetic radiation which goes from being heat content to simply being heat.
This is in agreement with the Stefan-Boltzmann constant KE = 3/2kT. The mesopause during winter is about -100º C. and during the summer it's about -60º C. Can this really allow for it to be 50º C. on the Earth's surface? The tropopause is about -56º C.
Those 2 layers of our atmosphere seem to insulate it. If so, can atmospheric gasses conserve energy? They can. I'm not sure if CO2 changes this very much.
The seas absorb some 93 percent of the energy imbalance created by the increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases in Earth's atmosphere.
[url]https://psmag.com/environment/climate-change-is-boiling-the-oceans[/url
]
This is why I tend to think that there are reasons for natural variation of our climate. What we don't know is if the waste heat that we are dumping in the atmosphere is slow to move out into space.

They say CO2 warms our oceans but haven't done any demonstrations that shows increased CO2 in our oceans will cause them to warm.
With CO2 in our oceans, their acidity might be the real concern. https://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/climate-change/changing-ocean/changing-ocean-chemistry
24-03-2019 18:13
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14366)
Greenhouse Effect either violates the 1st LoT or it violates Stefan-Boltzmann, depending on what is being claimed. Regardless of which law is being violated, the specific rationalization matters little.
24-03-2019 20:30
(14366)
James___ wrote: That's actually a good description of heat. When molecules collide, they released conserved (stored) electromagnetic radiation which goes from being heat content to simply being heat.

You've got to be joking. Tell me you're not serious. Wait, you're not joking are you?

Heat: noun
In the Global Warming theology, "heat" means whatever it needs to mean at any given moment. The term is employed by Global Warming believers to shift semantic goalposts as necessary. It's meaning can shift fluidly between "temperature," "increase in temperature," "thermal energy," "flow of thermal energy," "convection," "absorption of electromagnetic radiation," "warmth," "cops," "energy," "infrared," "weapons," "work," "power," "radioactivity," "electrical energy" and others as convenient.

James___ wrote: This is in agreement with the Stefan-Boltzmann constant KE = 3/2kT.

This is very amusing. Please continue.

James___ wrote: If so, can atmospheric gasses conserve energy?

Are you asking if atmospheric gases adhere to the Law of Conservation of Energy? I sure hope so.

James___ wrote: They can.

Yes! Excellent! I was *so* pulling for them.

James___ wrote: I'm not sure if CO2 changes this very much.

What, you think CO2 might hinder the atmosphere's ability to adhere to the Law of Conservation of Energy?

James___ wrote: The seas absorb some 93 percent of the energy imbalance created by the increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases in Earth's atmosphere.

Energy Imbalance: noun
In Climate Science, the effect of Global Warming amassing forces for an assault on Climate foreshadowing an impending Climate Ground Zero.

Greenhouse Gas: noun
According to the Global Warming mythology, greenhouse gas is a magickal substance (a gas) that has the magickal superpower to cause any blackbody it contacts to violate the Stefan-Boltzmann law by increasing its temperature while decreasing its radiance. This belief falls under Settled Science.

James___ wrote: This is why I tend to think that there are reasons for natural variation of our climate.

Natural Variation: noun
The extent of the Greenhouse Effect miracle that is caused by Climate and is considered "a force of good."

Climate Sensitivity or Climate Variation: noun
The extent of the Greenhouse Effect miracle that is caused by Global Warming and is imposed on Climate. This is considered "a force of evil."

James___ wrote: What we don't know is if the waste heat that we are dumping in the atmosphere is slow to move out into space.

Heat Budget or Thermal Budget: noun
In the Global Warming theology, the arsenal of "heat" that Global Warming has at His disposal. Global Warming uses Greenhouse Effect to steadily increase His heat budget.

Waste Heat: noun
In the Global Warming theology, heat that is carelessly released into the atmosphere, usually by deniers, for Global Warming to use against Climate.

James___ wrote: With CO2 in our oceans, their acidity might be the real concern.

How much acidity do you believe our oceans have?

Ocean Acidification: noun
In the more firebrand preaching of Climate Science, the ardent belief that the average pH value of the ocean is somehow neutralizing. It also involves the strong denial that life is acidic and a fierce but unsupported belief that a decrease in ocean pH values would be detrimental, even catastrophic, rather than beneficial to marine life.

Coral Bleaching: noun
In the more firebrand preaching of Climate Science, the ardent belief that the natural expulsion of algae by corals somehow involves bleach and somehow results in the destruction of the coral because of the coral's resulting white color. Because this belief seemingly runs counter to biological science, due to there being no caustic chemicals involved in the process and algae eventually returning along with the corals' bright colors, this belief falls under Settled Science.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-03-2019 17:40
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5192)
Coral Bleaching: noun
In the more firebrand preaching of Climate Science, the ardent belief that the natural expulsion of algae by corals somehow involves bleach and somehow results in the destruction of the coral because of the coral's resulting white color. Because this belief seemingly runs counter to biological science, due to there being no caustic chemicals involved in the process and algae eventually returning along with the corals' bright colors, this belief falls under Settled Science.

Coral is an animal, algae is a plant. Algae is some nasty stuff around here, produces what we call red-tide, when it blooms every year. Red-tide is toxic, kills a lot of fish and birds, animals. Tourist, not accustom to spending much time outdoors, are usually bother by it as well, respiratory issues... Algae is abundant around Florida, yet the coral is still loosing the pretty colors. Other than that, they are healthy and growing. Not sure why coral color has any special meaning, unless the IPCC are a bunch of racists...
25-03-2019 21:51
(14366)
HarveyH55 wrote: Coral is an animal, algae is a plant.

All life in an ecosystem has a role in that ecosystem.

HarveyH55 wrote: Other than that, they are healthy and growing. Not sure why coral color has any special meaning, unless the IPCC are a bunch of racists...

I see you are unfamiliar with the intersectionality of the coral reef identity politics! Try doing your homework first before exercising your lung privilege.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Join the debate How is believing CO2 shine IR down like mirrors any different than believing heavier things fall faster:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
16 Things Colleges Are Doing to HARM the Environment1118-02-2024 04:40
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
Chatbots sometimes make things up. Is AI's hallucination problem fixable?503-08-2023 13:20
FASTER GLACIER MELTING MECHANISM COULD CAUSE HUGE SEA LEVEL RISES420-05-2023 19:54
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact