Remember me
▼ Content

History of Climate Change Science

History of Climate Change Science04-11-2015 10:48
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
For those posters interested in evidence-based science rather than crank pseudoscience myths, you may find these 2 textbooks on the history of climate change science interesting:

Historical Perspectives on Climate Change by Professor James Rodger Fleming published by Oxford University Press 1998

You can find an online scanned copy here:

Historical_Perspectives_on_Climate_Change.pdf

and

The Discovery of Global Warming by Professor Spencer Weart published by Harvard University Press 2008

You can find an updated online hyperlinked version including links to many of the cited papers, on the American Institute of Physics website here:

Table of Contents here:
https://www.aip.org/history/climate/index.htm#contents

Past Climate Cycles: Ice Age Speculations

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Changing Sun, Changing Climate?

OR:

For those who want who want to feed their appetite for evidence-free pseudoscience myths, you can always go to crank magnet blogs like Watts Up With That or read 'hysterical' (rather than historical
) works like the self-published book by an out of work former architect with no background or qualifications in any relevant field of science and no published research, who believes that an Ice Age is Coming....any day now. His science-free book is available for purchase from his personal blog website:
http://iceagenow.info/

iceagenow is one of IBdaMann's and Into the Night's preferred "authoritative" sources

Edited on 04-11-2015 11:08
04-11-2015 14:55
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Ceist, could you copy and paste into this thread the science cited by your listed reading suggestions that defines what "climate" is that is being discussed?
04-11-2015 15:33
climate scientist
★★☆☆☆
(257)
Ceist, could you copy and paste into this thread the science cited by your listed reading suggestions that defines what "climate" is that is being discussed?

Go read a science textbook. Climate is not a difficult concept to understand. It is amusing that you are having so much trouble with it.
04-11-2015 15:50
(14389)
climate scientist wrote:Go read a science textbook. Climate is not a difficult concept to understand. It is amusing that you are having so much trouble with it.

That's just it. I can't find "climate" in a single physics textbook. The only references appear in religious material.

Of course, I have to deal with many "The Science" preachers trying to get me to fall for the big con as well.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
04-11-2015 16:03
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
climate scientist wrote:
Go read a science textbook. Climate is not a difficult concept to understand. It is amusing that you are having so much trouble with it.

SPLAT! Sliiiiiide....

No science, evidence, facts, or logic can penetrate a Teflon-coated science-denier shield. Especially that found in science textbooks. That's why they are constructed in the first place.

04-11-2015 18:00
Totototo
★☆☆☆☆
(117)
Thanks for the info Ceist, I'll check it out.
04-11-2015 19:36
(14389)
Ceist wrote: SPLAT! Sliiiiiide....

So your references have nothing?

Why would anyone want to read about how something undefined has somehow changed?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
05-11-2015 02:16
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
SPLAT! Sliiiiiide....

No science, evidence, facts, or logic can penetrate the Teflon-coated science-denier shield of a Sky Dragon Slayer. They just hit the shield with a splat and slide right off.

Edited on 05-11-2015 02:20
05-11-2015 17:22
(14389)
Ceist wrote:

Join the debate History of Climate Change Science:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The History of Science119-04-2024 21:51
There is still no Global Warming science.38728-02-2024 23:50
The new USA electric tank, the dumbest invention in the history of warfare005-01-2024 15:27
A Science Test1809-12-2023 00:53
Magic or Science706-12-2023 00:29
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact