Remember me
▼ Content

Here's how climate change is impacting the ski industry

Here's how climate change is impacting the ski industry21-03-2019 23:53
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/03/21/heres-how-climate-change-is-impacting-the-ski-industry.html
22-03-2019 01:52
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
The present global warming in California is so bad that the Ski resorts say that they intend to stay open into July. The funny thing is that most of the rain in California is about 100% normal. The snowfall is only 64% above normal and is well below upper levels.

Between rainstorms I got in a bike ride of 46 miles today. It was a relatively flat one for around here with only 2100 feet of climbing. The half way mark has a nice café and a breakfast sandwich and a cup of Lavazza coffee later I was off and running again. Rain coming tomorrow morning and the next sun day will be Sunday. It is really awful to not have anything other than totally normal conditions to use to prove climate changes.
22-03-2019 03:07
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5192)
Most ski resort have been using snow machines for decades. The slopes get tore up pretty good, daily, but they don't get snow every day. The only only thing that is going to impact the ski industry, is the economic meddling of the IPCC, and the Green Team. The cost of running the snow machines, and people commuting to the slopes, will do more damage.
22-03-2019 15:52
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Most ski resort have been using snow machines for decades. The slopes get tore up pretty good, daily, but they don't get snow every day. The only only thing that is going to impact the ski industry, is the economic meddling of the IPCC, and the Green Team. The cost of running the snow machines, and people commuting to the slopes, will do more damage.

Good point. Perfect North Slopes opened in early December without a single flake of natural snow. It's stupid when articles claim carbon dioxide is dooming the winter recreation industry.
22-03-2019 17:11
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Make no mistake...the Missouri River flooding has nothing to do with rainfall. It is due to a lot of snow, months below zero, and a late melt coming all at once. Key word there is SNOWFALL.
22-03-2019 17:17
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Make no mistake...the Missouri River flooding has nothing to do with rainfall. It is due to a lot of snow, months below zero, and a late melt coming all at once. Key word there is SNOWFALL.

They say snow is caused by climate change which is caused by CO2 so the only solution to stop snow is by rocketing all the CO2 on Earth into space.
22-03-2019 17:38
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21552)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Well...the flat country it flows through helps.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
22-03-2019 17:44
(21552)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

They say snow is caused by climate change which is caused by CO2 so the only solution to stop snow is by rocketing all the CO2 on Earth into space.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Assuming you could gather it all up, there is some 3,000,000,000,000 tons of the stuff just in the atmosphere.

Lemme know when you can find enough rockets and fuel to carry that much weight!

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
22-03-2019 17:59
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Assuming you could gather it all up, there is some 3,000,000,000,000 tons of the stuff just in the atmosphere.

Maybe Kim Jong Un can hook you up with what you need?
22-03-2019 18:46
(21552)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Maybe Kim Jong Un can hook you up with what you need?

Nice try, but his rockets keep falling into the sea! He just can't keep it up.

The Parrot Killer

23-03-2019 18:36
paramount99
☆☆☆☆☆
(39)
Hey but doesn't CO2 help make our tiny planet greener? Those trees and greens love CO2 don't they - and give us Oxygen in return in the process! Maybe we should send the clouds off into outer space (make a good episode for the Robinson Family apparently still Lost in Space) to stop them dropping rain on us and making everything wet and miserable?! Let's see... what else should we jettison from the planet to make it a safer, more enjoyable experience: Global Warming theorists, maybe?!? But that would only go towards polluting space with inane, worthless objects!!!
Mnnnnn... Let me think!

Join the debate Here's how climate change is impacting the ski industry:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Many Sports Becoming Commercial Business Money Industry Instead Of Real Spirit Fighting Battle220-06-2021 00:46
The Future Of Energy Industry Is Magic Fusion Clean Coal, Not Renewables814-09-2020 23:54
So what if the Chinese fossil fuel industry pays me to spread lies about greenhouse gas?7515-11-2019 04:47
heres another123-06-2019 19:58
Carbon tax killed auto industry in Ontario. Good thing for China. So who paid them?120-04-2019 00:00
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact