Remember me
▼ Content

Here Is Precisely How To Measure Global Average Temperature

Here Is Precisely How To Measure Global Average Temperature12-02-2020 18:47
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
https://scied.ucar.edu/sites/default/files/images/blog/global_avg_temp_0.jpg

I was presented with this graphic in another forum, and thought that I would post it here for a good laugh. So, for all of you Climate Deniers out there, this is precisely how it's done...

Edited on 12-02-2020 18:48
12-02-2020 20:32
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
gfm7175 wrote:

I was presented with this graphic in another forum, and thought that I would post it here for a good laugh. So, for all of you Climate Deniers out there, this is precisely how it's done...

Yikes! I'm glad that someone took the time to devise a method that was both extremely accurate and impervious to being influenced by any desire for predetermined results. It was rather genius to lock down the calculations with a hard and fast "usual" term that removes any potential subjectivity or ambiguity.

If only I had known this before beginning to bash warmizombies over earth's temperature, umm, I mean "anomaly" measurements. I do owe them all an apology.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Edited on 12-02-2020 20:33
12-02-2020 23:42
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Yikes! I'm glad that someone took the time to devise a method that was both extremely accurate and impervious to being influenced by any desire for predetermined results. It was rather genius to lock down the calculations with a hard and fast "usual" term that removes any potential subjectivity or ambiguity.

If only I had known this before beginning to bash warmizombies over earth's temperature, umm, I mean "anomaly" measurements. I do owe them all an apology.

Yup, it's absurdly bad right away at Step 1, but then at Step 2 where they throw in that "usual" term out of nowhere and expect one to blindly accept it as holy was the moment that I busted out laughing.

But, of course, that's obviously because I am too stoooopid to understand that the best and brightest Climate Scientists use anomalies. The Data CLEARLY shows that The Science is Settled Science. DUHHHHH!!!! HOW DARE YOU question The Science!!!!! You're destroying the planet with your carbon sins!!!!

BE AFRAID!!! ACT NOW, OR ELSE!!!

Their preaching sounds like one of the numerous very poorly done scams that get faxed to my workplace on a fairly regular occasion...
Edited on 12-02-2020 23:46
12-02-2020 23:53
(14389)
gfm7175 wrote: BE AFRAID!!! ACT NOW, OR ELSE!!!

Be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

On the left, no one can hear you scream!

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-02-2020 00:09
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: BE AFRAID!!! ACT NOW, OR ELSE!!!

Be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

On the left, no one can hear you scream!

That video (and the picture representation of it) is still entertaining.

By the way, I hope that I didn't get your hopes up too much, thinking that maybe... finally... after all this time... that some warmizombie FINALLY presented a way to measure the Earth's temperature that fully adhered to logic and mathematics.
Edited on 13-02-2020 00:10
13-02-2020 22:01
(14389)
gfm7175 wrote: By the way, I hope that I didn't get your hopes up too much, thinking that maybe... finally... after all this time... that some warmizombie FINALLY presented a way to measure the Earth's temperature that fully adhered to logic and mathematics.

There is certainly a way ... but as Into the Night can tell you, we just don't have nearly enough synchronized and evenly-spaced thermometers to accomplish it, assuming a usable target margin of error is even specified.

However, if no usable target margin of error is specified then sure, I got the one thermometer that is needed to give you that highly sought average global temperature. It's got mercury and everything.

14-02-2020 00:39
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: By the way, I hope that I didn't get your hopes up too much, thinking that maybe... finally... after all this time... that some warmizombie FINALLY presented a way to measure the Earth's temperature that fully adhered to logic and mathematics.

There is certainly a way ... but as Into the Night can tell you, we just don't have nearly enough synchronized and evenly-spaced thermometers to accomplish it, assuming a usable target margin of error is even specified.

However, if no usable target margin of error is specified then sure, I got the one thermometer that is needed to give you that highly sought average global temperature. It's got mercury and everything.

Good catch on my wording, as it could be construed to be claiming that there isn't a known way to do so. But then again, the warmizombies have yet to present those particular specifics in their argumentation, which is what I was intending to express there. They tend to instead claim that our current stations, buoys, etc. are adequate, as well as making reference to magick satellite readings.
14-02-2020 01:33
(14389)
gfm7175 wrote:They tend to instead claim that our current stations, buoys, etc. are adequate, as well as making reference to magick satellite readings.

Yep. What cannot be accomplished with a holy link can be accomplished with a mere mention of the sacred satellite.

With warmizombies there are so many sources of omniscience but the sacred satellite is by far the most powerful. It confirms everything that is on the internet and tells us everything that isn't. Who are you to question "The Data" delivered by the sacred satellite? Who are you to question the plan that the sacred satellite has for all of us? If only you would just believe then you will come to know "The Data" in all its glory. Of course, the sacred satellite does not reveal "The Data" to nonbelievers, deniers or TROLLS! (redundant, I know).

Join the debate Here Is Precisely How To Measure Global Average Temperature:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Present temperature spike July '233127-09-2023 00:27
Surface temperature of earth according to Boltzmann law5610-05-2023 15:46
Greenhouse gases cool better and cause lower surface temperature of earth than non greenhouse gases310-05-2023 08:27
Low temperature breaks record set over 100 years ago, proving climate change is real2801-06-2022 06:03
gravity and temperature21421-11-2021 09:13
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact